Micro 879: The Black Site [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 3.01 (unchanged)Not Voting (5): Voyc, Lil Uzi Vert, Auro and Shoshin, teacher, shEll

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2019-08-11 13:40:00).
Voyc
Voyc
Goon
Voyc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Voyc »

In post 520, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Please point to these several posts.
Basically your catchup and subsequent interaction w Oversoul

Spoiler: from a quick skim
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 42, duppin wrote:I'm not really sure what to make of all these random questions, unless you guys are actually going somewhere with it?
Yeah outside of games with unique mechanics, I’m not a big fan of RQS. Discussing theory can be a pretty organic way of starting a dialogue, which will inevitably lead to arguments and suspicions. You also get the benefits of possibly crafting a strategy or sharing ideas or information that can boost the chances of town winning tremendously.
In post 54, shEll wrote:I planned on making a really big post today about my thoughts but I'm tired so I'll go look deeper and explain more tomorrow
Here's a few things
- rick & morty judging their reads on me based on my joke about being spam's partner is horrible reasoning to base a read off of but as scum it would make more sense for 2 heads to go for similar lynches. The contrast in their views is more likely 2 town players in the same slot.
- schiavetto's questions and gamesolving approach reasonably would be more town motivated and appear to push the town forward or attempt to.
- spam as I've expressed is the closest to an SR i have
because he's my mafia partner
because his posts have seemed fluffy and hard to find a clear town motive in them. It could just be his play style which is why I'm not super certain on it and will look into his meta
- uhhhh vote shell 2020 :cop:
I’ve never experienced hydra dissonance and I’ve only witnessed it once. It was very heated and ugly.

Have you ever watched Rick and Morty? What would your read have been on the slot if they had admitted that dissonance was part of their gimmick?
In post 177, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Hi, we're town.
In post 74, singletonking wrote:
In post 69, duppin wrote:
In post 57, singletonking wrote: For now - I'm leaving my vote on duppin. I voted them early because they sheeped a vote that was shown to have bad reasoning
Uh what, is this actual a real read? Are you sincerely implying my rvs vote and the third post of the game should have good reasoning?
Oops - I was actually thinking of sheeping you onto Shell, but I realised that was actually by another player.
We believe this was a townslip by our predecessor. This kind of confusion comes from town, more often than scum. We were both happy to replace into this slot as we wanted to strictly play a town game.

With this out of the way, we'll discuss the rest of the game shortly.
I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
In post 255, Auro and Shoshin wrote:VOTE: TDC

Been a bit busy, will read and post more soon.

Teacher,
unsigned posts are made by both heads
. Signed posts are individual.

-Auro
The bolded feels annoying.
In post 327, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: It’s not just content. The content has to be presented in a way that would get me in the towns good graces and allow me to misdirect, mislead, and manipulate. If I was concerned about doing that I would have probably used about all my posts for the day. All I did was tried to get caught up as quick as possible so I can actually interact with people in real time or a timely fashion and sit down with my thoughts and determine the best lynch for today.
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 317, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
lol The "slip" language was Auro's but the point we're making holds regardless what you call it. Singleton's confusion strongly indicates that he's town, and that played a large part in why we decided to replace his slot. Do you disagree that the confusion is towny?

-Shoshin
I do. Not having a handle of the game in my experience isn’t alignment indicative.
In post 471, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 456, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I'd prefer if someone removes their vote from TDC for the moment so that we can continue discussing without the threat of a hammer.

-Shoshin
Anyone hammering this early will probably be getting policy lynched tomorrow.

About Schiavetto, he made a lot of noise about the RQS, and the constant focus felt like it drowned out the thread at times and could've been used as a reason for him to not produce other content, I think that could be scummy
I wasn't asking for you to answer on his behalf, rather when you comment things like
In post 392, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I didn’t read my predecessor’s ISO to be fair so I can’t gauge whether or not the commentary from TDC on the back and forth between Oversoul is alignment indicative.
I think- if you're town, Schiavetto is the only one whose alignment you would be entirely sure of, why wouldn't you try to parse through people's reactions to their content?

I'm good with a massclaim, though I'll be one of the last
I'd like LUV to go first, but I'm ok with an A+S start if it's followed up by him
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by Auro and Shoshin »

VT.
{Teacher, shELL, LUV, Voyc} is our preferred order.
Popcorn to Teacher.

-Auro
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:40 pm

In post 523, teacher wrote:But you've been far less active than I'd expect. I view not answering questions as NAI with you, but see it as perhaps sticking to identifiable meta things you generally do. I agree w/ your townblock, but think lynching me today would be the right thing for scum you to do to push LUV tomorrow.
I've been very busy in recent days.
You did have us at the top of your reads list in - why?
What I'm concerned about is how we we went from there to the bottom now.

What are your thoughts on Shell?

-Auro
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Post by Skygazer »

shEll has been prodded.

teacher is on V/LA.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by teacher »

Popcorn to Luv. I meant what I said.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 528, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 523, teacher wrote:But you've been far less active than I'd expect. I view not answering questions as NAI with you, but see it as perhaps sticking to identifiable meta things you generally do. I agree w/ your townblock, but think lynching me today would be the right thing for scum you to do to push LUV tomorrow.
I've been very busy in recent days.
You did have us at the top of your reads list in - why?
What I'm concerned about is how we we went from there to the bottom now.

What are your thoughts on Shell?

-Auro
I was pretty clearly reading the game wrong as of 216, yea? Pushing Voyc and defending Kops slot? So why should I stay w the same reads?

It’s not that you moved so much, as opposed to that those around you did. Voycs push on Rick nd Morty and Rick and Mortys on them was not bussing from either direction. She’ll was also on that wagon hard and early. You, on the other hand, avoided it until hours before deadline when two other players had already said they would hammer, and just came in. It struck me like you wanted the towncred for being on wagon and would hope the timing would fade.

That is when you flipped down below both voyc and shell, because of new knowledge. In other words, the end of day one made me slightly more suspicious of you, but way more confident in those others. And completely reevaluating based on new info is pretty townclearing for me, as Krazy would tell you based of meta.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 530, teacher wrote:Popcorn to Luv. I meant what I said.
Eh, I’ll humor A+S’s order partway and popcorn it to shell.

Auto, trust me on going last.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:09 pm

Both me and Shoshin are the most suspicious of your slot - I'd be happier with you going last if you had crumbed your role.
If not, can you crumb it somehow now?

-Auro
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 522, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Let's do a massclaim. Popcorn? We can start.

Teacher, what's your read on us (apart from the question)? Can you explain your progression on us?

Shoshin would like to know what you gain from the questions to her.

-Auro
Why at this juncture?

Any decent moderator will make mass claiming harmful to the town more often than it is beneficial. Making sure that a game cannot be broken in favour of town by mass claim should be very high on the list of priorities when coming up with a new game.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 526, Voyc wrote:
In post 520, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Please point to these several posts.
Basically your catchup and subsequent interaction w Oversoul

Spoiler: from a quick skim
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 42, duppin wrote:I'm not really sure what to make of all these random questions, unless you guys are actually going somewhere with it?
Yeah outside of games with unique mechanics, I’m not a big fan of RQS. Discussing theory can be a pretty organic way of starting a dialogue, which will inevitably lead to arguments and suspicions. You also get the benefits of possibly crafting a strategy or sharing ideas or information that can boost the chances of town winning tremendously.
In post 54, shEll wrote:I planned on making a really big post today about my thoughts but I'm tired so I'll go look deeper and explain more tomorrow
Here's a few things
- rick & morty judging their reads on me based on my joke about being spam's partner is horrible reasoning to base a read off of but as scum it would make more sense for 2 heads to go for similar lynches. The contrast in their views is more likely 2 town players in the same slot.
- schiavetto's questions and gamesolving approach reasonably would be more town motivated and appear to push the town forward or attempt to.
- spam as I've expressed is the closest to an SR i have
because he's my mafia partner
because his posts have seemed fluffy and hard to find a clear town motive in them. It could just be his play style which is why I'm not super certain on it and will look into his meta
- uhhhh vote shell 2020 :cop:
I’ve never experienced hydra dissonance and I’ve only witnessed it once. It was very heated and ugly.

Have you ever watched Rick and Morty? What would your read have been on the slot if they had admitted that dissonance was part of their gimmick?
In post 177, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Hi, we're town.
In post 74, singletonking wrote:
In post 69, duppin wrote:
In post 57, singletonking wrote: For now - I'm leaving my vote on duppin. I voted them early because they sheeped a vote that was shown to have bad reasoning
Uh what, is this actual a real read? Are you sincerely implying my rvs vote and the third post of the game should have good reasoning?
Oops - I was actually thinking of sheeping you onto Shell, but I realised that was actually by another player.
We believe this was a townslip by our predecessor. This kind of confusion comes from town, more often than scum. We were both happy to replace into this slot as we wanted to strictly play a town game.

With this out of the way, we'll discuss the rest of the game shortly.
I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
In post 255, Auro and Shoshin wrote:VOTE: TDC

Been a bit busy, will read and post more soon.

Teacher,
unsigned posts are made by both heads
. Signed posts are individual.

-Auro
The bolded feels annoying.
In post 327, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: It’s not just content. The content has to be presented in a way that would get me in the towns good graces and allow me to misdirect, mislead, and manipulate. If I was concerned about doing that I would have probably used about all my posts for the day. All I did was tried to get caught up as quick as possible so I can actually interact with people in real time or a timely fashion and sit down with my thoughts and determine the best lynch for today.
In post 320, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 317, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 308, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don’t believe in slips but I'd think a town slip would happen less often than scum slips since town naturally hide less that scum.
lol The "slip" language was Auro's but the point we're making holds regardless what you call it. Singleton's confusion strongly indicates that he's town, and that played a large part in why we decided to replace his slot. Do you disagree that the confusion is towny?

-Shoshin
I do. Not having a handle of the game in my experience isn’t alignment indicative.
In post 471, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 456, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I'd prefer if someone removes their vote from TDC for the moment so that we can continue discussing without the threat of a hammer.

-Shoshin
Anyone hammering this early will probably be getting policy lynched tomorrow.

About Schiavetto, he made a lot of noise about the RQS, and the constant focus felt like it drowned out the thread at times and could've been used as a reason for him to not produce other content, I think that could be scummy
I wasn't asking for you to answer on his behalf, rather when you comment things like
In post 392, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I didn’t read my predecessor’s ISO to be fair so I can’t gauge whether or not the commentary from TDC on the back and forth between Oversoul is alignment indicative.
I think- if you're town, Schiavetto is the only one whose alignment you would be entirely sure of, why wouldn't you try to parse through people's reactions to their content?

I'm good with a massclaim, though I'll be one of the last
I'd like LUV to go first, but I'm ok with an A+S start if it's followed up by him
Outside of my thoughts on RQS and hammering, I don’t see how the rest aren’t important.

R&M received scrutiny out the gate and was on the chopping block for the majority of Day 1 before ultimately getting lynched. I felt like the level of dissonance between Rick and Morty was being exaggerated a bit. I wanted to briefly mentioned my experience with real and intense hydra dissonance and the actual show to get Shell to think about his read some more as I felt he was giving an easy town read to R&M’s slot at the time.

While King was ultimately a lurker slot, I don’t see how a replacement claiming their predecessor town slipped the way A&S isn’t of extreme note. They were attempting to essentially confirmed town their slot which is suspicious for obvious reasons.

I was attempting to sort Oversoul there while refuting his point about content. Maybe not important or pressing to you but it definitely helped me get into the game. It also helped him form a better read on me.

Eh that’s not really a viable reason to have scum read him. After a certain point, attempting to skate by on lack of game related content due to RQS just isn’t going to fly, especially if you can read the room well. It’s just going to lead you to get policy lynched nine times out of ten and I think that’s exactly what almost happened to my predecessor here.

I haven’t attempted to parse through because the reactions seem to be fueled by a dislike of approach and play style rather than anything indicative of alignment in my opinion. I don’t feel I got anything of you feeling he drowned the thread with RQS noise.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 533, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Both me and Shoshin are the most suspicious of your slot - I'd be happier with you going last if you had crumbed your role.

-Auro
It’s crumbed.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 534, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 522, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Let's do a massclaim. Popcorn? We can start.

Teacher, what's your read on us (apart from the question)? Can you explain your progression on us?

Shoshin would like to know what you gain from the questions to her.

-Auro
Why at this juncture?

Any decent moderator will make mass claiming harmful to the town more often than it is beneficial. Making sure that a game cannot be broken in favour of town by mass claim should be very high on the list of priorities when coming up with a new game.
Because three slots (a majority) favor it.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 533, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Both me and Shoshin are the most suspicious of your slot - I'd be happier with you going last if you had crumbed your role.

-Auro
Why is Shoshin not coming in here, btw. Clearly she is keeping up enough to talk w you - or at least you’re giving that impression. My bottom line is that I have played w her four times that I recall - twice with her as a leading poster, and twice with her taking a back seat to the game. Twice with her as town, and twice as 3P or scum. The roles go w the activity.

I get more than others that real life is a thing and should be respected. But I also think there is a WIM that doesn’t let real life get in the way sometimes, and is all-to-willing to let it get in the way others. I do activity read Sho to a certain extent, and part of why you have slipped down is the lack of it, whether or not you think that’s fair.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:32 pm

Cool, you can go last then. :D
@LUV: Shoshin and I are stuck at the lynch order to follow. We're conflicted about multiple slots - in that we see town-indicative and scum-indicative stuff.
Since there's one scum remaining, I think a massclaim would help give us more information, and if we have a mechanical inno or two it'll help a lot in deciding a lynch order.

Pedit: Don't activity read Shoshin in this game. This hydra is going to have me largely posting, with her conveying thoughts in the background. That she did post at all is town-indicative IMO; if we repped in to a scumslot it would've been exclusively me posting, with 0 inputs from Shoshin - thus having me have to fake her thoughts. Her lack of posting doesn't have to do with IRL reasons, just the dynamic of the hydra.

-Auro
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by teacher »

You’ve said your most suscpicious of my slot, but not the why. Could you case both me and LIV and explain how I come out lower?
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:41 pm

Primarily the Kop associations at the end of D1.
Given we're conflicted about every other slot (and Shoshin says she sees little towntells from you as well) I think I'll wait for the claims to finish, then re-read the game and see where we get.

-Auro
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by teacher »

Re the kop associations: do I really kill the author of over voyc (who was also fairly Utr) or Schell (same, other than you) last night? Likewise, do I kill lmao (Who I know and townreads me in and 296 over Oversoul, who was spewed town by being the counterwagon and is being replaced by known scumhunter NSG?

It feels like your analysis of me ended D1 and hasn’t taken further developments - any nk, being a leading poster D2 and 3 so far - into account.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:11 pm

Yes, because the author of 419 was... NSG? You're telling me you'd independently not be scared of NSG at all as scum?
Although yes, you are correct that if you were going to kill NSG for being NSG, you would've just done that N1, since that's when the replacement happened.

If you're looking at 295, the only slot not in lmao's town bucket apart from me was LUV. Hmm.

-Auro
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:17 am

Post by teacher »

In post 541, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Primarily the Kop associations at the end of D1.
Given we're conflicted about every other slot (and Shoshin says she sees little towntells from you as well) I think I'll wait for the claims to finish, then re-read the game and see where we get.

-Auro
LUV has similar kop associations (not on wagon, avoided) though less vocal. This is why I asked for a comparision. I’m granting you that, but asking what “towbtells” you see there. Personally, their readslist - without any attempt to associate known scum and designed to push two hard mislynches early and leave the slots with bad kop associative for later game - is why they are my hardest scumread. But they weren’t yours. Why?
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:56 am

I'd like to clarify that I never said I was most suspicious of Teacher. But I understand why Auro would say that. I was actually pointing out a couple of towny aspects of Teacher's play that are unique to him. I also pointed out the fact that he strongly acted against lynching Kop on D1 in ways that are scummy.
In post 538, teacher wrote:Why is Shoshin not coming in here, btw. Clearly she is keeping up enough to talk w you - or at least you’re giving that impression. My bottom line is that I have played w her four times that I recall - twice with her as a leading poster, and twice with her taking a back seat to the game. Twice with her as town, and twice as 3P or scum. The roles go w the activity.

I get more than others that real life is a thing and should be respected. But I also think there is a WIM that doesn’t let real life get in the way sometimes, and is all-to-willing to let it get in the way others. I do activity read Sho to a certain extent, and part of why you have slipped down is the lack of it, whether or not you think that’s fair.
It's untrue that I was leading poster in the first game you played with me. I barely even looked at the game there, and spent most of it saying I would eventually reread & solve. Irrelephant eventually jumped the gun at LYLO instead of waiting for me, to give you a sense of how inactive I was. Think of this game like that one.

The real reason I'm inactive is because I don't have much interest in the game, because Auro's been way less active than he was supposed to be (and this hydra was for his sake, not the game itself), and because logging into this hydra account is annoying.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

My greatest concern is and has been Shell, in case this wasn't obvious or stated yet.
Auro and Shoshin
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Auro and Shoshin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:04 am

In post 542, teacher wrote:Re the kop associations: do I really kill the author of over voyc (who was also fairly Utr) or Schell (same, other than you) last night? Likewise, do I kill lmao (Who I know and townreads me in and 296 over Oversoul, who was spewed town by being the counterwagon and is being replaced by known scumhunter NSG?

It feels like your analysis of me ended D1 and hasn’t taken further developments - any nk, being a leading poster D2 and 3 so far - into account.
I've been asking the question of why lmao & NSG were killed. It seems fairly obvious why NSG, her slot was obvtown and even when she isn't she's a top priority for scum to eliminate. But lmao? Why would anyone in this list kill lmao?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 545, Auro and Shoshin wrote:It's untrue that I was leading poster in the first game you played with me.
Not the, a. You posts 38 times in the first to tell if days, Nd enough content for people to confidently meta read you by post 100. You were th gravitational center of the game. Like elephants early vote come not because you said you were going to read up, but because you said I was definitely scum Nd you wanted to read to find my partner.

I appreciate your responding. But I don’t appreciate both your and auro missing the thrust of my question. Why was I lower than LuV (you guy are supposedly talking about all slots, so you must know the reasons). Why did you hammer with multiple questions pending yesterday? Why did you hammer D1 after functionally ignoring the wagon (for “secret” reasons) rather than allow the person who had claimed intent? What are my “secret” unique towntells you notably refer to but never disclose?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”