976: mystyry box of sylvyr I: isis game. day 3

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #165 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:18 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 7, PlusJOYED wrote:sky i missed who are your heads?

sus for not answering fast enough
VOTE: sky
In post 32, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 25, SKYEscrapers wrote:Hey mastina!

Honestly, this post is just to claim the pagetop, but what part of Tris' post is so Alien to you? Why do you think it is scum?

Perhaps you'll be able to rrad me better at least :)

- Ari
this kinda pings my gut though I have trouble explaining why
ehhhh
VOTE: skye
really townreading plusjoyed from this opening
In post 42, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 39, SKYEscrapers wrote:
In post 33, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 22, SKYEscrapers wrote:
In post 20, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 15, SKYEscrapers wrote:probably being scum or something

tris
i dont think the two posts that vote me are really scum reading me. do you? why?
"i'm scumreading you"
- tris
Not sure if it's real thought to... scum read me for you voting me before i even posted? How did you expect me to respond?

"Oh! You are voting me before I even posted? Why are you scum reading me?"

Doesn't make sense, right?

well, is that your response?

tris
like what kind of posts is this?

no it's actually my selfie

????????????
entire interaction pings me as insanely awkward but i think i'm feeling town vibes from DT and i'll sheep mastina on skye because i haven't played with ari in far too long
In post 62, NicCage wrote:Who should I vote for?
don't like this at all
In post 67, mastina wrote:
In post 65, PlusJOYED wrote:why is town!ari more likely to make that post than tris?
Because tris making that post is probably scum, but Ari making that post is far more likely to be a town-Aristophanes due to Aristophanes being Aristophanes.

You can't expect an action to universally always be scummy or always be townie with 100% accuracy and not take into account specific players. An action that might be generically in-general scummy can be a lock-scumtell for some players or a town indicator for other players even if in general it's scummy; an action that might generically in-general be townie can be a locktown level of town in some players...but also a dead giveaway that some players are actually scum.

is a post that, in general, generically speaking, I'd consider to be a scummy post to make.
From tris, I'd go one step further and say it's even a lockscum post.
But from Aristophanes, knowing him as a player, it's actually the opposite, a post that for him, indicates he's more likely to be town.
i think mastina is town here and her skye townread feels well thought out here
In post 76, SKYEscrapers wrote:because gypyx didn't like the way i was signing my posts, i am now signing them with

mew
please don't
In post 95, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 91, Akarin wrote:
In post 89, NicCage wrote: Uh it's not you, it's me.

Should I be voting for this DoubtingThomas character?
That's what they all say *sniffle*

And it depends on how much you like early Day 1 Dastardly Deed -1 (DD-1?)

DT is my top scumread right now, but...

It's 5 to Perform a Dastardly Deed

I think it’s currently at
DT (3): Akarin, Gypyx, Mastina
gypyx (2): DT, SKYE
SKYE (1): PlusJOYED
NicCage (1): Nona

Not Voting: (2): Dunn, NicCage

For future reference, Page 2 DT vs. SKYE peak wagons were:
DT (3): Akarin, SKYE, Gypyx
SKYE (3): PlusJOYED, Mastina, DT
1 scum in akarin/gypxy/mastina

and 1 in skye/plustjoyed/nona/dunn/niccage i think

dunn and niccage not voting at this point is an alright look
this separation, while i don't agree at all with it and i don't think trying to do that is productive or accurate, gives me town pings from DT
In post 119, Gypyx wrote:Ok so thomas is making an enormous fuss about me asking about me asking questions about someone's meta, which like, is not AI in any way

Like, sure thomas's case is wordy, but he repeats his points a lot, to compensate for the lack of content in it

He's even getting to the point of not understeanding the obvious formulation of my post, which has got to be the biggest tunnel i have ever seen of simply just deliberate

And also, to anyone who's interested i have already asked open questions about someone's meta before, and i am the kind of person to forget what questions i asked / accidentally make up others
gut town on gypyx here from this attack
In post 123, mastina wrote:
In post 83, NicCage wrote:
In post 81, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 72, NicCage wrote:Why should I?
So when I asked you why you asked the question earlier, what are you trying to do? Are you trying to sheep someone, or trying to question someone, or trying to get into the game, or what
I don’t know yet. If someone else gave you a good read, wouldn’t you follow it?
(I legit get strong scum-scum vibes from NicCage-Dunnstral's interactions.)
hard agree with this
In post 145, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 141, Akarin wrote:@ PlusJOYED

What do you think of the DoubtingThomas/Gypyx/NicCage?
I agree there is most likely at least 1 scum in there. I'm not townreading any of them and they give off a bit of scum energy. Of the 3 I'd say gypx is probably a good place to go. Imo he's most likely red.

Wasn't a fan of NicCage entrance and focus on what scum do vs what town do.

Gypx has been doubtful of most posts; he's been critiquing more than he puts out which is bad sign.

Doubting seems overconfident but the rest of his stuff seems fine.

I think NicCage will be more likely to provide good insight if he's town than Gypyx being town. Lets go Gypx
VOTE: Gypyx
i think gypyx gives off that kind of vibe in general and i'd be inclined to believe that he's the most mislynch-baity out of the three
VOTE: niccage i think this is the best place to put my vote here, i'm also inclined to agree with plusjoyed that there is at least one scum in there and i feel like DT and gypyx are more likely to be town than nic

my reads here:
probtown: mastina, plusjoyed, gypyx
leantown: skye, dt
null: akarin
leanscum: dunnstral
probscum: niccage
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:18 pm

In post 166, NicCage wrote:
In post 165, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
don't like this at all
Give me 5 good reasons why
yeah this seems like the best slot to lim today
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:26 pm

i'll case niccage later but y'all they're screaming scum
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:27 pm

like i'm fine compromising on dunnstral closer to deadline but niccage is a better lim today
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:03 pm

In post 166, NicCage wrote:
don't like this at all
Give me 5 good reasons why
In post 168, NicCage wrote:Someone's awful spicy for having nothing but Mastina sheep and PoE
like, what? PoE is one of the strongest town tools out there and solves many a game, but... go off i guess
this, plus nic's general posting, is just unproductive and inflammatory shitposting
In post 224, NicCage wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

I am on board for this. I see little in the way of productive gameplay. After his very early suspicion on me, I was expecting a different trajectory than what has emerged. All I see is a couple comments and him asking questions primarily when he is the target of someone else's reads. No votes and no reads of his own.

Yet he is around, since he's responding. And active elsewhere on the site too.

In post 198, mastina wrote:
In post 130, Dunnstral wrote:mastina thinks I'm scum why?
Because the you-Nic interactions scream scum-scum and your play is highly lackluster; I'd like to think I know you as a player well enough to reliably get a read on when you're town and this game I'm not seeing the town at all.

I usually can see you as town from your first three or so posts at latest, generally speaking.

You've more than that and those townvibes are nonexistent.
Mastina, I am curious about Dunnstral's usual play, do you think you could characterize it further?

Additionally, @DoubtingThomas:
You indicated that you played with Dunnstral before earlier, if I remember correctly. What's your opinion on his play?
so, let me get this straight. mastina is explaining a scumread on dunnstral based, largely, on her reading of the interactions between you two as S/S, and yet you completely ignore the
post you quoted
and simply vote dunnstral with mediocre reasons at best, and ask mastina to explain dunn further
like this screams "bussing your scumpartner for towncred" and it's terrible
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:05 pm

In post 69, Dunnstral wrote:
Why did you ask this?
In post 70, NicCage wrote:Because I wanted somebody to suggest me someone to vote for
In post 71, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 70, NicCage wrote:Because I wanted somebody to suggest me someone to vote for
OK, vote for Akarin
In post 72, NicCage wrote:Why should I?
this entire interaction causes me physical pain
niccage asking for someone to vote for screams newbscum to me, and his response to dunnstral asking why is weird, ESPECIALLY since he later calls dunnstral out for... ironically, not having reads.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 am

plus, want to join on nic?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:13 am

not going to lie nic feels like they're deliberately trying to play into the "too scummy to be scum" thing and i don't like it at all
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:36 am

^ this is good posting it townpings me

dunn's interactions are not great but at the same time i don't have enough posting from them to really be on board a dunn wagon
akarin what do you think about nic
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:45 am

In post 253, NicCage wrote:Everything I’ve done the entire game has a good town-based rationale behind it. I’ve done everything deliberately, you can ask me about anything and you’ll get the well-reasoned explanation that motivated it.

This is not to say that I’m
right
about everything, only that I’m acting in good faith.

The fact that other players are townreading me, regardless of whether they are right or not, ought to tell you that my actions aren’t deliberately scummy. If I was playing scummy on purpose, practically everyone ought to have noticed. TGP’s arguments are so absurdly false that it’s obvious they are done with bad intent.

I doubt I’ll be moving my vote from here.
the argument that if you were playing scummy on purpose everyone ought to have noted is a valid one. that being said, saying you've done everything deliberately and have well-reasoned explanation and town-based rationale feels a lot more likely to be scum (who generally analyzes their own posts and thinks things through far more) to me. the way you've played in this game COULD have a town-motivated rationale behind it, but it's not likely to.

saying my arguments are "absurdly false" is terrible when you've only responded to one of them. you said you have done everything deliberately and can explain your rationale and reasoning for every post of yours when i've pointed out specific posts and interactions of yours which you've avoided addressing. you take a tiny piece of my argument and avoid responding to anything else, then you say i'm acting with bad intent?

this is scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:50 pm

In post 265, mastina wrote:
In post 236, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'll case niccage later but y'all they're screaming scum
TGP I agree with your read, but I hope for the love of god that your page 10 posts weren't the case against NicCage because the case is such that it's likely to turn people off of the idea of wagoning Nic. :P
no lol they were more
me expressing my frustration :P
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:51 pm

In post 266, mastina wrote:
In post 250, schadd_ wrote:
NicCage (2):
TheGoldenParadox, mastina
TheGoldenParadox (2):
SKYEscrapers, NicCage
Dunnstral (2):
Akarin, DoubtingThomas
Gypyx (1):
PlusJOYED
Akarin (1):
Gypyx
VOTE: Dunnstral
As promised!
sure, i'll join this wagon since there are just a couple of days left and it looks like this day is over in terms of content we can get. VOTE: dunnstral

l-1, if i'm correct.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:12 pm

In post 272, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 270, NicCage wrote:At the outset of the game he was 90% town and 10% scum for me.
This is his role claim, by the way.

We're in a neighborhood together; he's claiming that he was told that I only have a 10% chance of being scum.
NicCage wrote:But now, if I were to put money on it, I'd say he's a third party.
Based on what? Lowposting?
UNVOTE:

need more experienced (with schadd and in general) players than i to evaluate this claim, because i really have no idea.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:29 pm

In post 291, DoubtingThomas wrote:Ffs i joined this game to play a normal set up
you joined an MBOS game to play a NORMAL setup? oh lord
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:38 am

what the fuck
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:42 am

sorry

niccage has mod confirmed info that you're 90% likely to be town and 10% to be scum

and he put you at l-1? what?

intent to hammer
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:58 am

In post 302, NicCage wrote:I am not avoiding voting Dunnstral, and being neighbors does not make us masons. Watch: VOTE: Dunnstral DD-1

Dunnstral is lying about not noticing the setup, it is one of the very few things we talked about in the neighborhood.
In post 297, DoubtingThomas wrote:Actually nic is in mason chat w dunnstral anyways so tjet both outted themselves yes
No we are neighbors. First off if we were masons we would be on the same side and he wouldn’t have outed me. Second masons don’t have a kill (as far as I am aware). So then there would be no scumteam. That’s possible, but how likely is that? Like Ari said earlier, we will very likely have more information in the future so there is no point in speculating like this.
In post 295, DoubtingThomas wrote:I have niccage dunnstral gypyx tgp and akarin as the 5.

Can we kill nic today who outted that they r non town? Unless someone can specificaly point to nic being a very instruction following boi
Thomas.
Reading is not scummy, town players need all the info they can get.
I am not the only person who read the setup.
If I am non-town, that means Dunnstral is non-town too.
Killing me first is dumb as hell, given the weight of information that could be gained on eliminating Dunn.
In post 324, NicCage wrote:
In post 312, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 302, NicCage wrote:First off if we were masons we would be on the same side and he wouldn’t have outed me.
I claimed because I was put to L-1 with your help and needed to out the info to survive
I don’t believe you. That wouldn’t work anyway, even if you have a lower chance of being scum, you still have a 10% chance. My read on you takes precedence over a dice roll, everyone else’s should too. Claim your own role, not mine.

You’ve had every opportunity to enlist my help up until now.
ladies and gentlemen, observe nic's wonderful argument.
if his claim is correct, dunnstral has a 90% chance of being town. if he himself is town, then the probability of dunnstral being scum is 10%, whereas the probability of a random other person being scum is (0.9*0.286)+(0.1*0.143)=27.14%.

thus.

niccage believes that his read on dunnstral is approximately 3 times better than average. he is sacrificing a 27% chance to vote on a 10% chance.

now, imagine nic is scum, knows that dunnstral is scum as well, and wants to be on the dunn wagon for the towncred.

imagine nic is scum, knows that dunn is town, and wants to argue bUt mAh rEaDs to explain why he voted someone that was mod confirmed around 3 times less likely to be scum than any other random player.
not sure nic made these calculations himself, but it's so stunningly obvious that this is complete bullshit even from just a cursory glance at the numbers. can we please get nic today?

VOTE: niccage

pedit: that unvote is weird, but doesn't really change my view of the situation especially because it is implied the vote will go back on. nic is scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:01 am

In post 343, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 322, TheGoldenParadox wrote:sorry

niccage has mod confirmed info that you're 90% likely to be town and 10% to be scum

and he put you at l-1? what?

intent to hammer
you said the same shit as nic, bro
said it because like a reasonable person i assumed that claim was bullshit because no way nic would vote someone who is three times less likely to be scum

apparently i was wrong and nic is just scum
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:02 am

In post 345, DoubtingThomas wrote:did you answer the question i asked where my posts gave you town ping despite you describing it as unproductive, bad, etc whatever
me?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:03 am

urd?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:21 am

yeah
it's unproductive and probably inaccurate
but it's not the kind of thing i see scum doing

also don't see scum making (although it's gross and you should be ashamed of yourself) and generally playing as you have; you seem genuine and bold.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:22 am

^sorry that was a reply to 349
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:05 am

skye how do you feel about a nic lim
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:08 am

In post 7, PlusJOYED wrote:sky i missed who are your heads?

sus for not answering fast enough
VOTE: sky
In post 32, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 25, SKYEscrapers wrote:Hey mastina!

Honestly, this post is just to claim the pagetop, but what part of Tris' post is so Alien to you? Why do you think it is scum?

Perhaps you'll be able to rrad me better at least :)

- Ari
this kinda pings my gut though I have trouble explaining why
ehhhh
really townreading plusjoyed from this opening
to respond to they entered feeling quite earnest and genuine to me and haven't done anything to change that perception
definitely not feeling a plus lim
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:13 am

plus really feels town to me

nic's logic just feels off

what's your limpool today tris?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:04 am

In post 384, SKYEscrapers wrote:
In post 381, Gypyx wrote:@SKYE why keep your nic vote in your post if you're just changing it anyways?
because i originally typed that, and i wanted to leave it there
The Empress
this makes me feel better on skye town tbh, it's an interesting move i don't really see scum making
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:41 am

fuck who's the biggest wagon
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:41 am

oh wait arent we getting an extension
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:43 am

obviously there will be a replacement though, no?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:46 am

increasingly feeling like this is 4-5

VOTE: dunn feel better about this.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:47 am

akarin with 4 mins to deadline want to hammer?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:47 am

i feel much much better about a dunn wagon than plus
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:48 am

we only have three people dunn is the only one we can get this second
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:48 am

akarin go with dunn please
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:54 am

sorry, i did what? @akarin
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:56 am

oh jk you were talking to gypyx
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:15 am

not voting mastina for two reasons
first, her play looks very similar to her play in mbos large, where she was an aggressively townsiding 3p
which leads me to my second point that unless mastina's wincon is diametrically opposed to town she will townside as much as possible
so afaik, mastina will townside unless this is 7-2 and she is scum, which i find insanely unlikely
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:08 pm

In post 507, MathBlade wrote:
In post 342, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 302, NicCage wrote:I am not avoiding voting Dunnstral, and being neighbors does not make us masons. Watch: VOTE: Dunnstral DD-1

Dunnstral is lying about not noticing the setup, it is one of the very few things we talked about in the neighborhood.
In post 297, DoubtingThomas wrote:Actually nic is in mason chat w dunnstral anyways so tjet both outted themselves yes
No we are neighbors. First off if we were masons we would be on the same side and he wouldn’t have outed me. Second masons don’t have a kill (as far as I am aware). So then there would be no scumteam. That’s possible, but how likely is that? Like Ari said earlier, we will very likely have more information in the future so there is no point in speculating like this.
In post 295, DoubtingThomas wrote:I have niccage dunnstral gypyx tgp and akarin as the 5.

Can we kill nic today who outted that they r non town? Unless someone can specificaly point to nic being a very instruction following boi
Thomas.
Reading is not scummy, town players need all the info they can get.
I am not the only person who read the setup.
If I am non-town, that means Dunnstral is non-town too.
Killing me first is dumb as hell, given the weight of information that could be gained on eliminating Dunn.
In post 324, NicCage wrote:
In post 312, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 302, NicCage wrote:First off if we were masons we would be on the same side and he wouldn’t have outed me.
I claimed because I was put to L-1 with your help and needed to out the info to survive
I don’t believe you. That wouldn’t work anyway, even if you have a lower chance of being scum, you still have a 10% chance. My read on you takes precedence over a dice roll, everyone else’s should too. Claim your own role, not mine.

You’ve had every opportunity to enlist my help up until now.
ladies and gentlemen, observe nic's wonderful argument.
if his claim is correct, dunnstral has a 90% chance of being town. if he himself is town, then the probability of dunnstral being scum is 10%, whereas the probability of a random other person being scum is (0.9*0.286)+(0.1*0.143)=27.14%.

thus.

niccage believes that his read on dunnstral is approximately 3 times better than average. he is sacrificing a 27% chance to vote on a 10% chance.

now, imagine nic is scum, knows that dunnstral is scum as well, and wants to be on the dunn wagon for the towncred.

imagine nic is scum, knows that dunn is town, and wants to argue bUt mAh rEaDs to explain why he voted someone that was mod confirmed around 3 times less likely to be scum than any other random player.
not sure nic made these calculations himself, but it's so stunningly obvious that this is complete bullshit even from just a cursory glance at the numbers. can we please get nic today?

pedit: that unvote is weird, but doesn't really change my view of the situation especially because it is implied the vote will go back on. nic is scum.
Can people stop using math in arguments. Your math is wrong if I start with your given premises.
can you do your own math then, and explain to me why mine is incorrect?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:42 pm

i feel like all of this 3p vs non 3p discussion is deliberately something thrown in by schadd to mess with us, and I feel like the amount of discussion that's based on the word 3p instead of town is far too large.

I think I can be fairly confident that this game is, fundamentally, mafia. It's an uninformed majority pitted against an informed minority. Thus, while there might be 3ps in the game, the amount of focus there seems bad. We know that two individuals, with a wincon somewhat or fully mutual to each other and fully exclusive to that of town (all threats to the town must be eliminated, therefore they must be a threat to the town, because otherwise this wouldn't be a game of mafia.) As in, there's an uninformed majority, and an informed minority: like MBOS Large, there may be differing levels of information within those two groups, but those are the two groups.

Thus, if this is a 3p game, I am fairly comfortable treating any 3ps that aren't part of the "scumgroup" as town, at very least for d1. Mechanically, Nic seems like scum, and from play, nic seems to me like scum as well. VOTE: niccage

We have less than 24 hours left. It's compromise time.
mastina, dunn, akarin, gypyx, would you join this?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:17 am

we have 9 hours and we need 2 more votes on nic
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:37 am

In post 1, schadd_ wrote:An execution will occur once a majority decision is reached. If no majority is reached by deadline, then no execution shall occur.
yep, we nolim if we don't have enough votes. gentle reminder about the l-word.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:43 am

@akarin i've explained my case on nic a few times in my iso. plus, all of his voting now looks like desperate scum trying to avoid being limmed. also, we have just a few hours until deadline.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:01 am

In post 833, Akarin wrote:TGP:
Do you still believe Nic-Dunn could be scum bussing?

Why do you think claiming a player is by-mechanics less likely to be scum and voting them anyway is more likely to come from scum than town?

Do you have any other arguments about Nic being scum by play? And if so, where?

For the former - I believe it's something of a remote possibility, and the two being in a neighborhood is a reasonable explanation for the interactions of theirs that have pinged me.

If Nic is telling the truth, it makes no sense to vote Dunn. Nic has claimed that Dunn is not just less likely to be scum, but FAR less likely to be scum mechanically, and still attacked him. It's not grounded in logic or rational reasoning, and while that would generally be a towntell, it makes no sense from a town!nic perspective, whereas it does from a scum!nic perspective (especially as a convenient excuse in the likely occurrence dunn flips town.) nic's vote switching recently isn't townie. it makes no sense, from town!nic pov, to jump from dunn to math and back, whereas the confusion it sows makes a lot more sense for nic!scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:03 am

In post 778, NicCage wrote:You and I don't jive. Obviously I am responding to your post above. 'fake claim' and 'lying' aren't truthtelling. I am sick of you seizing every single tiny insignificant opportunity to try to paint me as scum.

VOTE: MathBlade

I'll do whatever. It doesn't have to be Dunn I guess. I'm not engaging with Math anymore D1.
In post 819, NicCage wrote:
In post 786, DoubtingThomas wrote:like what is Dunnstral doing? He's literally posting 1 post while others are posting like at least 5 times? Not that activity should be used to scum read people but this is like to the point where he just simply seems like he has no interest in game? He will never leave the PoE like he deserves and we could sort of clear nic based on whether or not dunnstral flips a scum rolecard. I also have this huge gut feeling that he's most likely to have a team right now based on how the thread slowly moving away from his lynch over niccage's even though t here's not much point in that and would like a dunnstral flip first.
You are being silly. Almost all of the push on me has come from Math. If you are convinced by him, tell me why.

VOTE: Dunnstral
@akarin does this look like it comes from town?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:03 am

In post 903, schadd_ wrote:SKYEscrapers (2): mastina, SKYEscrapers
i believe skye voted mastina ?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:08 pm

apologies that wasn't supposed to be a protege i'm just so ridiculously lost on what to think after those flips.

i plan to treat dunnstral as town, because by and large the biggest factors of my scumread on them came from their interactions with nic and i am nowhere near confident enough in my scumread to override the overwhelming mechanical evidence of them being town. that being said, they are playing scummily.

i still townread mastina, although to a lesser extent than i did yesterday (i'm much more open to the possibility of her simply having pocketed me d1.) also townleaning on akarin, and i would prefer to not get either of them today.

gypyx radiates town energy to me, and if that slot is scum i'll be extremely surprised, so avoiding that as well.

so we're left with {skye, DT}, the latter of which is pretty null but looking worse and worse. that being said, skye has seemed off to me, especially the entire three-person hydra's drop in activity and general... off play, so i'm good with VOTE: skye today.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:45 am

In post 952, SKYEscrapers wrote:
In post 937, TheGoldenParadox wrote:apologies that wasn't supposed to be a protege i'm just so ridiculously lost on what to think after those flips.

i plan to treat dunnstral as town, because by and large the biggest factors of my scumread on them came from their interactions with nic and i am nowhere near confident enough in my scumread to override the overwhelming mechanical evidence of them being town. that being said, they are playing scummily.

i still townread mastina, although to a lesser extent than i did yesterday (i'm much more open to the possibility of her simply having pocketed me d1.) also townleaning on akarin, and i would prefer to not get either of them today.

gypyx radiates town energy to me, and if that slot is scum i'll be extremely surprised, so avoiding that as well.

so we're left with {skye, DT}, the latter of which is pretty null but looking worse and worse. that being said, skye has seemed off to me, especially the entire three-person hydra's drop in activity and general... off play, so i'm good with VOTE: skye today.
well, it's effectively a two person hydra. summer has just not been here.

activity, whatever. but, could you describe what's been off about us?

The Empress
In post 898, SKYEscrapers wrote:oh my god you suck btw

VOTE: mastina

The Empress
this post threw me, and just the general context behind it felt like it wasn't coming from an uninformed, solvey perspective.
activity is also at least somewhat relevant, because people are less active as scum from my experience.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:07 am

i mean, considering i have a scumread on the former and a townread on the latter (that was reevaluated and i'm leaving open the possibility of me being completely pocketed by scumstina i don't think that's happening this game unless akarin is ALSO scum, and a mastina/akarin team seems fairly ridiculous to me at the moment) i can give you some reasoning gypyx

basically, skye, the hydra, has actively avoided this game. despite having a quarter of the posts on d2 apparently, despite interacting with players, there is literally nothing skye has done in this game that makes me go "oh, this looks town, like a genuine towntell." my original townlean on them, i believe, was sheeping mastina. but like, the hydra has three players, where one has basically ditched and another (ari) has barely posted. they have said they are privately solving, but i see absolutely no evidence of that in the main thread. they don't have real interactions, and just in general do not appear like they're playing from a town perspective.

now look at mastina, one of the most active and solvey slots in the game (not by postcount, but by the depth and effort of her posting). she's made genuine efforts to sort and interact with each player in the game, and has looked very clearly pro-town throughout. there are many points in the game you can look at where she is doing this. she isn't sitting there in the background like skye is: she's making an effort and putting work into this game, and looks incredibly genuine while doing so.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 am

In post 1000, mastina wrote:Gypyx, as it so happened, also happens to be a good example of what to do when busy and/or on v/la. Gypyx's activity did drop due to the v/la, but the content kept rolling in--in stark contrast to the SKYEscrapers hydra whose v/la bouts come with a notable lack thereof. And to borrow a phrase from TGP, Gypyx just radiates town energy.
@gypyx this is a clear townpost, and the fact that mastina has been townreading you the entire game just as i have, especially since you were being wagoned and are easier for scum to attack makes me even more confident on mastina town. like, the fact that she saw you were town so early when that wasn't exactly a common opinion seems pretty +town here. COULD she be scum trying to pocket you, me, and/or akarin? yes. but that feels OVERWHELMINGLY unlikely to me, and occam's razor says she's just town.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:46 pm

yeah no i'm not in love with that vote
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:46 pm

like dt isn't the best elimination today i feel skye is much better
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 pm

but akarin looks even more town for 1009/1010
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

In post 1017, DoubtingThomas wrote:I am not sure how you can change your read on me, especially given that you haven't mentioned me at all in your posts after you made the post explaining your town read on me. @TGP
honestly? mostly poe. i'll explain which posts of yours pushed you down in my reads tomorrow, i need to sleep.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:44 pm

good game!
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (isolation #54) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:17 pm

i'm like, three levels of confused on why i was killed. i would have defended the scumteam with my last dying breath :/
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (isolation #55) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:07 pm

In post 1320, mastina wrote:
In post 1308, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm like, three levels of confused on why i was killed. i would have defended the scumteam with my last dying breath :/
We made the wrong judgment call on a 50/50 shot to kill the cop.

We knew the cop was either you or Akarin and we thought that you were more likely--I thought that when I mentioned investigatoir, you thought it was suspicious that I mentioned it thus your decrease in townread on me out of you thinking I was breadcrumbing your role; Akarin didn't seem to be breadcrumbing investigatoir; we knew you hadn't acted N1 and thus the possibilities were VT, 1x, or novice when we knew the investigatoir was novice; between these, we thought you were Akarin's role because we guessed wrong in the 50/50. Whooooops. :P
i mean, right, but even as cop, i would have investigated dunn, probably, maybe skye/akarin :P

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”