976: mystyry box of sylvyr I: isis game. day 3

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:49 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

vote count 1.4

NicCage (2):
TheGoldenParadox, mastina
TheGoldenParadox (2):
SKYEscrapers, NicCage
Dunnstral (2):
Akarin, DoubtingThomas
Gypyx (1):
PlusJOYED
Akarin (1):
Gypyx

not voting (1):
Dunnstral

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to Perform a Dastardly Deed. day 1 ends november 9th at 10:50 central US time; in (expired on 2020-11-09 10:50:00)

mod notes
  • a
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

plus, want to join on nic?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:13 am

not going to lie nic feels like they're deliberately trying to play into the "too scummy to be scum" thing and i don't like it at all
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:38 am

Post by NicCage »

Everything I’ve done the entire game has a good town-based rationale behind it. I’ve done everything deliberately, you can ask me about anything and you’ll get the well-reasoned explanation that motivated it.

This is not to say that I’m
right
about everything, only that I’m acting in good faith.

The fact that other players are townreading me, regardless of whether they are right or not, ought to tell you that my actions aren’t deliberately scummy. If I was playing scummy on purpose, practically everyone ought to have noticed. TGP’s arguments are so absurdly false that it’s obvious they are done with bad intent.

I doubt I’ll be moving my vote from here.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 245, Gypyx wrote:
In post 217, Akarin wrote:
In post 216, Gypyx wrote:Yeah, akarin's reaction doesn't feel genuine, like, he's making kinda convoluted explainations and trying to deflect the pressure
She

And what don't you understand?
Sorry, and wdym by "not understeand"?
What's convoluted? I thought I explained everything pretty clearly and I'd like to clear up any confusion.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 227, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 183, Akarin wrote:
In post 182, DoubtingThomas wrote:yes. >rand wolf agenda if 3 ppl (2 votes away from maj) stack up less than 3 pages into the game?

that's what i've been saying. what is the point of this question?
The point is me trying to figure out your thought process, you were wanting me to engage with you earlier when I didn't have much to actually ask you, why the resistance to it now?

So do you think a wagon getting to DD-2 on page 3 is unusual?
I think there are like better questions to have asked me if you really wanted to sort my thought process out. I mean that's like a very very small portion out of a lot of posts I made
I want to ask what's an example of a better question but that feels like a waste of time since I can't imagine you giving an answer I'd find helpful. At least give it some thought though? If you were in my shoes, what would you ask you about the larger portion of your posts?

The point, for me, is to look at things you've said that don't make sense to me and try to figure out if you got to that point by a town thought process or a scum thought process. And honestly if it's a town thought process leading to a bad conclusion I'd like to at least make you rethink it, but that's secondary because most people can't really be talked into reconsidering things if they don't decide to do it themselves.

So could you answer whether or not you think a wagon getting to DD-2 on page 3 is unusual?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Akarin »

Ahem

@PlusJOYED

Do you agree with
In post 219, Akarin wrote:
In post 214, Akarin wrote:Okay, the only way I see this move making sense for teamscum!Gypyx is if he's partners with Dunn and panicked about how little resistance there might be to a Dunn Dastardly Deed. Otherwise it just seems too weird to be scum.
Gypyx quoted himself saying I was towny in the post where he voted me, then doubled down on the argument after the setup was quoted by someone other than me, defending me basically immediately after he voted.
Asking about the logic, not if you'll vote Dunn right now.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Akarin »

Okay, so everyone but Mastina has posted since I voted Dunn, and Mastina had him as like her #2 scumread I believe.

Gypyx:Immediately votes me, pushes the scumslip thing even after The Empress defends me, and asks again if no one's interested in voting me today. Also
In post 246, Gypyx wrote:And btw, i've played a game with dunnstral recently, he was about as inactive as here and town, so i'm not sure this is AI
NicCage: Votes Dunn, mentions that he expected Dunn to behave differently after Dunn's initial suspicion of Nic rather than mostly responding when he's the target of someone else's reads. Asks Mastina about Dunn's usual play and what towniness she expected but didn't see. Nic obviously took time to look at Dunn's posts, activity elsewhere on the site, etc and make a big post on it before placing this vote.

Then Nic moves vote to TGP after TGP's further push on Nic.

DoubtingThomas: Votes Dunn for hardly trying.

TheGoldenParadox: Is fine to compromise on Dunn later but says Nic is the better vote today.

PlusJOYED:
In post 239, PlusJOYED wrote:i'll go nic
That's it, despite me specifically asking for his opinion.

SKYEscrapers--tris: Not voting Dunn because she remembers him as being someone who isn't a very active player.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Akarin »

I'd also like to say that I'm not voting Dunn because of lack of activity despite people being quick to characterize it that way.

I have more reason to think every single other player in the game is town than I do Dunn, and Dunn works in any possible scumteam IMO compared to every other player having a few people I wouldn't pair them with. That's a related but different issue than inactivity = scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:36 am

^ this is good posting it townpings me

dunn's interactions are not great but at the same time i don't have enough posting from them to really be on board a dunn wagon
akarin what do you think about nic
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:45 am

In post 253, NicCage wrote:Everything I’ve done the entire game has a good town-based rationale behind it. I’ve done everything deliberately, you can ask me about anything and you’ll get the well-reasoned explanation that motivated it.

This is not to say that I’m
right
about everything, only that I’m acting in good faith.

The fact that other players are townreading me, regardless of whether they are right or not, ought to tell you that my actions aren’t deliberately scummy. If I was playing scummy on purpose, practically everyone ought to have noticed. TGP’s arguments are so absurdly false that it’s obvious they are done with bad intent.

I doubt I’ll be moving my vote from here.
the argument that if you were playing scummy on purpose everyone ought to have noted is a valid one. that being said, saying you've done everything deliberately and have well-reasoned explanation and town-based rationale feels a lot more likely to be scum (who generally analyzes their own posts and thinks things through far more) to me. the way you've played in this game COULD have a town-motivated rationale behind it, but it's not likely to.

saying my arguments are "absurdly false" is terrible when you've only responded to one of them. you said you have done everything deliberately and can explain your rationale and reasoning for every post of yours when i've pointed out specific posts and interactions of yours which you've avoided addressing. you take a tiny piece of my argument and avoid responding to anything else, then you say i'm acting with bad intent?

this is scum.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by NicCage »

I will say that I find Dunn extremely suspicious, there is almost nothing gameplay-wise which makes me think of him as town. My asking other people for meta reads is only to try to uncover what exactly is going on with him. I have serious doubts that his low-profile is coming from a town perspective.

I'll even go so far as to wonder if he is even able to vote normally. He's never done it.

Having said that, I think TGP is clearly scum and is the best pick.

p-Edit:
In post 260, TheGoldenParadox wrote:the argument that if you were playing scummy on purpose everyone ought to have noted is a valid one. that being said, saying you've done everything deliberately and have well-reasoned explanation and town-based rationale feels a lot more likely to be scum (who generally analyzes their own posts and thinks things through far more) to me. the way you've played in this game COULD have a town-motivated rationale behind it, but it's not likely to.

saying my arguments are "absurdly false" is terrible when you've only responded to one of them. you said you have done everything deliberately and can explain your rationale and reasoning for every post of yours when i've pointed out specific posts and interactions of yours which you've avoided addressing. you take a tiny piece of my argument and avoid responding to anything else, then you say i'm acting with bad intent?
You barely have any arguments, and nothing you've said has any merit at all.
In post 241, TheGoldenParadox wrote:niccage asking for someone to vote for screams newbscum to me, and his response to dunnstral asking why is weird, ESPECIALLY since he later calls dunnstral out for... ironically, not having reads.
Already disproven by SKYE in .
In post 240, TheGoldenParadox wrote:this, plus nic's general posting, is just unproductive and inflammatory shitposting
Every post I made had a productive purpose.
But wait, If all I'm doing is shitposting and acting scummy on purpose, the how is it possible that I could also be playing a deliberate, cautiously-reasoned scum game?
In post 252, TheGoldenParadox wrote:not going to lie nic feels like they're deliberately trying to play into the "too scummy to be scum" thing and i don't like it at all
In post 240, TheGoldenParadox wrote:this, plus nic's general posting, is just unproductive and inflammatory shitposting
In post 260, TheGoldenParadox wrote:the way you've played in this game COULD have a town-motivated rationale behind it, but it's not likely to.
Look at these points next to each other. TGP says I'm deliberately scummy. TGP says I'm just shitposting.

And then when their arguments are deflected, they go right on tunneling. They actually AGREE with me about my characterization of my play. The words "
the way you've played in this game
" in the above quote indicate that. But then they go on to say that, no, actually it's thoughtful play that's scummy.

The EXACT opposite reasoning. No town player would perform these mental gymnastics.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 259, TheGoldenParadox wrote: dunn's interactions are not great but at the same time i don't have enough posting from them to really be on board a dunn wagon
akarin what do you think about nic
Ignoring deadline compromises and assuming Dunn never gets replaced, at what point in the game is having no interactions enough to get you on a Dunn wagon?

Nic is actually one of my top townreads right now and I won't vote for him.

My hot take is that I could actually see TGP vs. Nic as Town v. Town.

TGP, I think your reasoning against Nic looks very much based on that very early game stuff and pretty confbiased for the more recent posts. "Unproductive and inflammatory shitposting" isn't at all how I'd describe his more recent play, and your interaction here:
In post 198, mastina wrote:Because the you
[Dunn]
-Nic interactions scream scum-scum and your play is highly lackluster; I'd like to think I know you as a player well enough to reliably get a read on when you're town and this game I'm not seeing the town at all.

I usually can see you as town from your first three or so posts at latest, generally speaking.

You've more than that and those townvibes are nonexistent.
In post 240, TheGoldenParadox wrote: so, let me get this straight. mastina is explaining a scumread on dunnstral based, largely, on her reading of the interactions between you two as S/S, and yet you completely ignore the
post you quoted
and simply vote dunnstral with mediocre reasons at best, and ask mastina to explain dunn further
like this screams "bussing your scumpartner for towncred" and it's terrible
mis-represents Mastina, to my reading.

I can see where Nic is coming from in voting for you over this, but I can also imagine it coming from confbias. Mastina did mention the SvS thing elsewhere, I can see how it could stand out in memory, but that didn't look to be the entirety of her reasoning.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 201, Akarin wrote:@Mastina, TGP
I'm gonna fight you on NicCage if it comes to that, but any interest in doing this with me instead?
VOTE: Dunnstral
Sure is, I'll wagon whichever is larger so long as my vote's not the hammer. (Unless of course we're okay with a hammer but I'd assume we're not. :P)

Btw since the MBOS large has ended, can I say I'm pretty sure this is the same TGP-town from that game, here?

He's vibing the same way he was with me that game, thus his repeat presence of pocketing me. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 224, NicCage wrote:Mastina, I am curious about Dunnstral's usual play, do you think you could characterize it further?
Dunnstral is almost always a lurker, although he does have occasional rare callbacks to his glory days where he could keep up with the most active players in posting. That is to say, being inactive and being a lurker are not alignment-indicative for him. (And in the rare instances he's active, that, too, is not scum-indicative of him.)

However, Dunnstral as town just has this energy where there's a certain quality to his posting, where he looks town in spite of having done almost nothing.

And that's not present here.

And you, good sir, look a lot like his scumbuddy.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 236, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'll case niccage later but y'all they're screaming scum
TGP I agree with your read, but I hope for the love of god that your page 10 posts weren't the case against NicCage because the case is such that it's likely to turn people off of the idea of wagoning Nic. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 250, schadd_ wrote:
NicCage (2):
TheGoldenParadox (2):
SKYEscrapers, NicCage
Dunnstral (2):
Akarin, DoubtingThomas
Gypyx (1):
PlusJOYED
Akarin (1):
Gypyx
As promised!
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:50 pm

In post 265, mastina wrote:
In post 236, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'll case niccage later but y'all they're screaming scum
TGP I agree with your read, but I hope for the love of god that your page 10 posts weren't the case against NicCage because the case is such that it's likely to turn people off of the idea of wagoning Nic. :P
no lol they were more
me expressing my frustration :P
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:51 pm

In post 266, mastina wrote:
In post 250, schadd_ wrote:
NicCage (2):
TheGoldenParadox (2):
SKYEscrapers, NicCage
Dunnstral (2):
Akarin, DoubtingThomas
Gypyx (1):
PlusJOYED
Akarin (1):
Gypyx
As promised!
sure, i'll join this wagon since there are just a couple of days left and it looks like this day is over in terms of content we can get. VOTE: dunnstral

l-1, if i'm correct.
SKYEscrapers
SKYEscrapers
Goon
SKYEscrapers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by SKYEscrapers »

Oh I guess I should post again. Been mostly letting Tris take care of this tbh but meh. Here I am.

I suppose I should note that the two of us have drastically different reads from one another but I guess that's good because we're obviously approaching things from a different perspective.

We're what, 2.5 days from deadline? Probably time to make some consolidation happen based on the general speed of this game.

Personally I'd like to see it on DT but Nic is a decent alternative. I'm not gong to move our vote without talking with the hydra heads first (for now) but I really don't see a TGP scum here.

I forget where I was going with this...

- Ari

Holy ninja's wtf
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by NicCage »

In post 264, mastina wrote:And you, good sir, look a lot like his scumbuddy.
At the outset of the game he was 90% town and 10% scum for me.

But now, if I were to put money on it, I'd say he's a third party. So if this ends up being the compromise we'll see.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by NicCage »

Although the more I think about it, maybe he will flip scum. And if that happens, dollars to donuts Mastina is his buddy.
If that's the case I have no idea where TGP is coming from.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 270, NicCage wrote:At the outset of the game he was 90% town and 10% scum for me.
This is his role claim, by the way.

We're in a neighborhood together; he's claiming that he was told that I only have a 10% chance of being scum.
NicCage wrote:But now, if I were to put money on it, I'd say he's a third party.
Based on what? Lowposting?
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:40 am

Post by NicCage »

Outing me huh. You've had more than enough opportunities to talk to me, I'm not engaging with you now.

If he flips scum, the Mastina connection makes perfect sense. Initially he spoke to me in the neighborhood and told me he was suspicious of me, I suppose owing to my original posting. But after his little interaction with me in the main thread, he basically stopped communicating. I have tried throughout the game to try to get some kind of cooperation out of him, but nothing was forthcoming.

Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:22 am Dunnstral's last interaction with me
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm Mastina's post where she claims we are buddies

Should this not turn out to be paranoia, the timing of these events are perfectly suited for a plan between the two of them. His initial discussion with me is solo play, there's some time for them to discuss what the plan is, and then you see a marked difference in his play.

Dunn is playing like someone who wants to get eliminated. For awhile I have thought it is most likely that he is a third party, with some kind of restriction on his play. I thought that because I didn't think scum would play like this. This lurking is far too much for just laying low, anyone ought to see that it would attract suspicion, and that the day would end with a wagon on them.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 273, NicCage wrote:I thought that because I didn't think scum would play like this.
Then don't vote me

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”