micro 38: 7p micro normal

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

1) From what I have played so far, I currently prefer random votes to questions, as I can see more useful reactions come out of being voted than just answering questions. Though I would prefer using neither of the options and start by just dropping straight into discussion, but I know that isn't going to happen, seeing as these stages were made to get the discussion following and it doesn't come naturally to most people (which does actually include me)
2) None, he would make the wood chuck itself.
3) At this stage it is still 50/50 either way, until the final whistle blows I'll continue to doubt how likely we are to win the game.
4) Yes because people asking me if I feel nervous make me nervous, though I'm not entirely sure about what.
5) Neither.
6) Logic which is likely to be wrong.
7) Apricots require usage of "an", this makes them the same as apples and oranges.

VOTE: ovyo
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:17 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 14, ovyo wrote:How many games has everyone played?

on this site I've completed 2, and currently in 8 (I have no idea why I am overloading myself this much (except I have no life of course), I'm also queued to join 2 more)
offsite, I think I've completed about 10.

I'm guessing the other head of that hydra is Majiffy based on his flowchart of how to win games and that sig.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 48, Kimor wrote:
Cheery - He seems to be fairly honest with his answers, but doesn't try to suck up with them. His answer to #5 bothers me, though, and I would appreciate some elaboration. I like the

It was either that or both, I don't find the relevance in the question or how it is useful.
In post 61, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:
In post 59, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:@Robo - as someone here who is probably aware of my playstyle - um, you think someone could have researched me enough to grok my attitude towards dumb RQS and *not* be aware of how I push cases? C'mon now, prove to me you aren't his scum buddy, maybe it will buy you an extra day...

Hell, make this;

@Cheery
and
@Empking too (though Emp is already voting correctly)

The game I played with you didn't have RQS happening so I'm not entirely familiar with your stance on that (besides the quick skims I made during that game), though I do know you push people into having votes out during the early stages.

I am finding it rather odd that battousai chose to response to all the questions with 42 though. (but that might have been because I was trying to analyse what was likely to come from these questions after I answered them after checking kimor's previous games, and I saw that 42 "was an acceptable answer to all joke questions" in one of the games).
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 69, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:
In post 64, Cheery Dog wrote:The game I played with you didn't have RQS happening so I'm not entirely familiar with your stance on that (besides the quick skims I made during that game), though I do know you push people into having votes out during the early stages.

Uh huh.
I'd like to see you respond too.

You've seen how vague I can be in answering question before, and this is the same level of vagueness I will probably always give to questions I don't fully know how to answer.
Your early pushes aren't a tell either way to me yet because I'm damn sure you do it as scum as well as the town I have played with you as. (it's not enough to sheep yet)

In post 69, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:
In post 64, Cheery Dog wrote:I am finding it rather odd that battousai chose to response to all the questions with 42 though.

I guess no one hitchhikes anymore.

What is six times nine?
The meaning of life joke has started to get old on me though. It's still able to be used, I just don't think it's a valid answer to all 7 questions.

Also UNVOTE: ovyo, if there are already too many votes on someone, then I'd remove a vote that was there from RVS so that there is less votes and you can vote your scumreads safely kimor.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #121 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 119, Kimor wrote:
Unvote, vote: Cheery Dog
. I liked you at first, but now that things are gearing up, you are suspiciously devoid of content. For the rest of us, it's been the opposite.

*inserts contentless defence post*

but my lack of content is here because I haven't found anything that I feel is actually hinting towards either alignment that I can question and see if the hint is true or not
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 120, Empking wrote:
In post 119, Kimor wrote:
In post 118, Empking wrote:
In post 117, Kimor wrote:So you wouldn't expect Mafia to vote for one another?

They can but I'd expect them to have a reason to. I didn't see a reason for Roboscum to place a lazy vote on TUGscum.

Distancing? Not expecting that TUG will actually get lynched here, but if he does, Robo gains town cred?

I think the vote's too lazy to give enough credit to be worth the lynch.

Do all bussings need to be hard out of the gate?
From what I have seen of them, I would say more often than not they start out slow and if it's a hardbus they will generally bring that out later.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

It's because I only pressed the quote button on your post instead of the Q+ button.

but hey I don't think robo's vote on TUS is a bus either as I currently have a leaning town read on robo.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I'm chatty when there's stuff I can talk about (and I quite likely would have joined in some of the talk that was going on around here 10 hours ago had I not gone to bed)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #172 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

[quote="In post 130
In post 128, Cheery Dog wrote:I'm chatty when there's stuff I can talk about (and I quite likely would have joined in some of the talk that was going on around here 10 hours ago had I not gone to bed)

You aren't voting.
You aren't asking people questions.
You're barely weighing in on anything.
When are you getting out of bed, exactly?[/quote]
I'll get out of bed when the arguing stops, currently all this complaining at each other is making me want to stay in longer.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #209 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 187, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=22633

Oh, snap - there's the exact scumtell as this game.
Incorrect usage of meta information while being caught in a lie about it. Boom.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22070

While I was in this game and therefore know it to be true, you'll notice we didn't actually lynch that slot until day 5.
People just aren't ready to accept meta mistakes as scum facts yet.

But actually linking that game reminded me about how I mostly didn't like your playstyle then, which shouldn't actually be an issue.

Looking at the last votecount;
Intent to hammer Kimor
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #211 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

On the grounds of sheeping TUG and the newbie game he linked in which I had read Nefres wrong, which was the person Thor had caught as scum using the technique he's claiming on you.

well then I fail at looking at who was actually on a wagon and has unvoted since that votecount. (damn bottom of page counts)
VOTE: Kimor
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #214 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 212, Kimor wrote:So, you are of the opinion that sheeping is a valid strategy?

From what I've played with Thor, yes sheeping him can be a valid strategy.
I don't think the same for Majiffy, as he was wanting a policy lynch to happen in that same game - though my vote kept drifting back and forth on the wagon he was after.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #217 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 215, Kimor wrote:
Do you believe that "good" players are less likely to be scum? (Not admitting that Thor OR Majiffy are good players)

They have the same chance as everyone else, the only alignment I am capable of truly knowing at this stage is my own.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #219 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 218, Kimor wrote:
You would agree with me that, if TUG were in the mafia, pressing a case against a fellow mafia member would not be an ideal play?

On day 1 as the first case presented, yes I agree that would be bad play.
A later case perhaps not
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Currently, yes
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #223 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 222, Kimor wrote:
In post 221, Cheery Dog wrote:Currently, yes

But didn't you earlier say that you had no idea of his alignment?

Let me check..

In post 217, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 215, Kimor wrote:
Do you believe that "good" players are less likely to be scum? (Not admitting that Thor OR Majiffy are good players)

They have the same chance as everyone else, the only alignment I am capable of truly knowing at this stage is my own.

I don't believe so, I just stated theory facts.
I have no idea if I am identifing his alignment correctly, however his posts are pointing towards town.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #226 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

anybody in this case could be scum; if I go on that fact alone then we will never get anywhere.
He is not confirmed town, or even obvtown yet, however he is currently my biggest town lean.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #228 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

That is indeed what I said, your point being?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #230 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:15 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

so you're asking questions and then using synonyms which have slightly different meanings than the original word to misrep.

I see your gameplan.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #233 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 227, Kimor wrote:
In post 226, Cheery Dog wrote:anybody in this case could be scum; if I go on that fact alone then we will never get anywhere.
He is not confirmed town, or even obvtown yet, however he is currently my biggest town lean.

And you would agree with me that your vote for me is primarily based on "sheeping", as you term it?

C) You admitted that your vote on me is based wholly on following TUG.
[/quote]
primary > wholly.

I also have a secondary reason of that you drifted into gut territory with some of the response you gave to the case against you, when he linked that game I connected some dots as per Thor's meta that I've seen him play.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #235 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

No. By gut territory, I was referring to scumreads from my gut.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 236, Kimor wrote:
Sheeping aside, do you or do you not find TUG's case to be compelling?

Until he brought up that link, actually no, but reactions can still come from bad cases.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #239 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:11 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Yes, the fact I also discarded it in that game as I was doing here means that it's very relative.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #241 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

That game how Thor caught the scum and his game how he appears to have caught you are pretty much the same. From my knowledge, that gives these two games a relation in which they are similar.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #265 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 264, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:
Arguing in a mafia game?! You don't say!
How the fuck else do you expect to lynch someone? Politely asking themselves to resign by self-voting? Lolno.

Repeating yourself over the same arguments are not the kind of arguing I am able to enjoy while playing mafia. I am aware it happens, and that I am able to get involved in the same type of thing. (which I think I was also doing with Kimor).
They manage to slow the game down and other people will be come disinterested, which is what I think has happened here.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #274 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:44 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

@mod, when did Robo vote for himself?

I'm fairly sure he's only voted TUG so far.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #277 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:27 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

It might, I don't know, but I think it would probably hurt town at this stage.
though this standstill is also hurting town.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #280 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

well I'll unvote with that.
unvote
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #284 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 282, TwoUpstandingGentlemen wrote:UNVOTE: Kimor

I look forward to lynching you down the line.

This is telling me you don't believe that claim. Do you have reason to doubt a JK might not exist in this setup?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #301 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

VOTE: Robocopter

that's just too much active lurk
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #322 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 321, Empking wrote:Everyone lonely voter should stop it, I think.

This is making me uneasy, but mostly because I'm unsure if I do actually want my vote where it is currently (which is on the only wagon with more than one vote)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #325 (isolation #31) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 323, Empking wrote:
In post 322, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 321, Empking wrote:Everyone lonely voter should stop it, I think.

This is making me uneasy, but mostly because I'm unsure if I do actually want my vote where it is currently (which is on the only wagon with more than one vote)

I thought TUG had two? (We should lynch Robo though, so it's solid advice either way.)

I think the second was the person who was replaced. (onyo or something, they didn't post enough for me to notice)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #355 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't see why if I were scum, I would have been targeting you as an outed town powerrole.

I think the massclaim should probably happen today, since we're in 6P MYLO, I'd rather not have another random lynch happen. (since it would likely lead to a town loss)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #356 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

wouldn't have been targetting you*

forgot I was starting that sentnce with a negative.

I don't see why any scum team except maybe AV/TUG who had been calling you scum at the end of the day wouldn't be killing you.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #381 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

VT.

empking is now up.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #439 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I feel that it's most likely emp was blocked doing the nightkill night 1, probably intended for kimor, batt never getting a result because emp was able to go through with the kill.

otherwise it was TUG playing sillybuggers with us, but I doubt that.

I haven't read enough of the game to work out who the partner is most likely to have been though, based on the claims I will have to assume it's AV.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #443 (isolation #36) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:50 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 442, AurorusVox wrote:Everyone claimed VT (except Batt who rescinded)
Explain how the claims in any way inform your determination of AV scum?

I know I'm town.
Batt rescinded, and I believe there would be at least 2 PRs in this game.
TUG's way of claiming was weird, and I feel that would more likely come from town than scum.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #453 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I was thinking it made sense to do as town, but then batt actually started off the massclaiming unprovoked except that we were saying it needed to happen.
It would make more sense for him to wait his turn in the popcorning after deciding who should start.

When we only have one mislynch, a JK+watcher combo against two goons sounds fine to me.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #455 (isolation #38) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 454, Battousai wrote:I didn't want a mass claim because if Kimor was town, we'd lose a PR (scum would kill Kimor)

but then, you'd be able to watch kimor and catch the scum..
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #461 (isolation #39) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Given that everyone has posted since the TUG voted for you and none of us joined your bandwagon, I think it's safe to say that either batt or TUG is scum and by not noticing this and calling TUG scum for having his vote out on what would be town, you would still be open to a double hammer by scum.

I'm just going to see if anything happens with batt's vote on emp before deciding which of you it is, I'm currently leaning batt
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #465 (isolation #40) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I failed to notice he had unvoted again, he's done it like 5 times now, I thought that last one was still on.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #488 (isolation #41) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

What you lot go and lose a gmae for me on, now I only have 80% win rate :(

(shouldn't have joined a game that was likely this scum sided)

and why did that robo hammer have to come then, I probably would have taken my vote off if it had got to L-1.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #517 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Well yes, when the only unexperienced as scum are me and ovyo, yes you would be getting experience in there.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”