Micro 47: Think Twice

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

What up ladies.

Seanald - Town
Cheery Dog - Godfather
Robert Montana - Obvtown/Town leader
Mehdi2277 - Goon
Natural_river - Town

VOTE: Cheery Dog

2 more votes plz.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Wow so this isn't progressing very fast. I thought my opening post would kinda speed up RVS... Content time!

In post 3, Cheery Dog wrote:So I see you are capable of rolling dice and seeing if they align.

they don't, my goon is clearly Seanald.

Post is innocuous enough I suppose, but I notice that you posted only a few minutes after me even though the game had been open for hours. @Cheery Dog, was that a coincidence or did you not want to be the first to post?

In post 4, Seanald wrote:Robert Montana I accept you as my master lead me into your arms of safety and trust.

VOTE: CheeryDog

Drawing unnecessary attention makes me think town, but that is hella WIFOM-loaded really.

In post 9, Natural_river wrote:I have several questions for you guys.

1.) If you had the choice to save a suicidal unknown homeless man, but have to lose your wealth in doing so, would you?
And why?

2.) It's cold and snowing outside, the grocery store is just around the corner, you could put on your snow clothes, but then you might
not make it in time to get food for Christmas dinner.
Would you go out anyway and risk the cold? Or put it on anyway and be warm, but possibly without Christmas dinner?

3.) What is in my pocket?

Hope you guys answer these, it would clear up a lot on who is who in my mind.

I am not answering random questions (particularly when they are actually random). Job of town is to make the game clearer and this stuff just lets scum post answers instead of content to glide by. Drawing even more attention than Seanald also feels town but again, WIFOM.

Also, the exchange between Seanald and natural river (apart from making me want two days of policy lynches :P) is interesting. I highly doubt they are two scum talking to one another, but could either be both town or one town and one scum. The latter would mean one derptown not wanting to get out of RVS and one scum trying to seem active without content because they can't fake scumhunt.

In post 12, Cheery Dog wrote:I have christmas in summer (although it doesn't snow here at all anyway, but I had to answer the question in regards to that, in which it would be winter)

I understand why RQS exists, however I don't see how it helps. I will answer them because my hatred of it isn't that big, and in the hope it actually helps prove something one of these times.
Your questions don't give anything towards anybodies alignment, and are therefore unless in the game.

As stated, I agree with the sentiment. Interesting that you answered anyway, because in essence by doing so, you are committing the same sin of substituting randomness for content.

In post 16, Mehdi2277 wrote:I don't want to answer the questions, nor do I plan to.

Next VOTE: natural river. Mainly because what's wrong with the wagon on cheery? Going off your tone you questioned seanald for making a wagon on cheery and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I really do not like this vote. Starts off well enough (although possibly paranoid scum at giving away reads), but the logic on natural river is poor. The vote is based on natural river's first vote which was obviously very RVS. Given that there ARE better reasons to suspect natural river/seanald (their conversation obfuscating alignment), I do not like that you voted him for an RVS vote.

To me, it feels like early day bussing: Mehdiscum busses natural river to distance, but uses a reason that means the wagon will never get traction.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mehdi
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by RobertMontana »

Sorry for the flakiness guys. Didn't really get time this weekend. In any case, having a quick read through I think we have got some good content.

In post 20, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 19, RobertMontana wrote:
Post is innocuous enough I suppose, but I notice that you posted only a few minutes after me even though the game had been open for hours. @Cheery Dog, was that a coincidence or did you not want to be the first to post?

I had seen that the game was open beforehand, and I didn't know what I should be post, so no it wasn't a coincidence.

Okay I have thought about this post for a while and I just can't bring myself to like it. The only ones who need to worry about appearances in posting are scum, who might try and cruise until discussion has taken hold of someone. "Not knowing what to post" makes more sense as "didn't want to draw attention to myself". One x fos.

In post 21, Natural_river wrote:I must say I do appreciate being serious at this game, but some funny questions to get started couldn't hurt.
Kind of an introduction to the game, and normally the answers to silly question leads on to discussion.
I don't understand how RobertMontana would think his random list of suspicions would get us out of RVS.

I have nothing against the wagon on cheerydog, I just stated that he was on a wagon, no questions.
It was RVS, so I don't find that suspicious actually, it was also too obvious.
I don't like cheerydog's reaction to my questions, half cooperation, half assed answers.
It's because I pull attention that I'm a suspect, lame.

I don't like mehdi's vote on me, but it seems the most reasonable.
It's the least RVS kind of vote, leading us into serious play.

VOTE: RobertMontana

Why do you find Mehdi's vote a poor one?

Self-WIFOM arguments are pretty bad - the fact that you *recognise* that it was too obvious shows that it can not be considered a towntell, because you are able to execute that play yourself.

In post 23, Mehdi2277 wrote:And sean how does your vote make any sense?

Robert yes I think natural's reaction to the second cheery vote was bad. Town would want wagons since it gets more pressure while scum tend to like chaos. Don't think natural/cheery are scum together (both have fosed/voted the other and with one being GF I don't see it as likely). I think you're town, which leaves sean as scum number two. Both sean and natural are players I'd want to lynch.

Again, I do not think the wagon comment was a scumtell as much as it was a RVS. That being said, the fact that you are continuing to push it is interesting. It could be mean you are scum who is too afraid to change their views too easily, but in this case I am inclined to read it as true conviction.

Upon further reading, I disagree that natural/cheery team is unlikely. They were early votes which have both changed now (both to me in fact). It is highly possible they knew they weren't in any early danger so could afford to bus for towncred.

In post 24, Seanald wrote:you and natural are buddies

I can not consider this post anything but null so far. In context, it could be very important. I need more Seanald content.

In post 26, Mehdi2277 wrote:Robert you complained about activity, but the game as a whole is freezing up again.

UNVOTE: Natural VOTE: Sean Still think both are scum, but I think sean is a bit more likely to be GF over natural with his last post.

Apologies for the first bit. Seanald/Natural is probably the scumteam I am least enthusiastic about at the moment. I just don't see that conversation as being scum/scum.

In post 27, Cheery Dog wrote:I'm picking up goon from seanald's posts, but I'm not entirely sure who the godfather actually would be, and given his callout of you and natural being buddies, I guess it must be reobert.

UNVOTE: natural VOTE: Robert

Though then again I'm not sure he would be going into arms of safety and trust of a godfather.

Okay so this is probably my least favourite post in the game. Calls seanald out as goon (based on mehdi's suspicion in the above post) and then by process of elimination (highly weak) calls me scum. *But then* goes on to hedge the bet by saying that he doesn't think Seanald would openly buddy his Godfather like that.

Why then was that criteria not used to PoE me? By what criteria did you PoE natural? Why do you think that seanald is more scum than natural?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cheery Dog

I want to hear particularly from Seanald and natural on cheery dog.
RobertMontana
RobertMontana
Goon
RobertMontana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am

Post by RobertMontana »

Haha wow. When I was last here we seemed to be in a good position. Come back to find both me and my goon lynched... Serves me right for being flaky :P. Oh well, good town play. My first game as scum, so any pointers (apart from yknow, not being flaky) appreciated :)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”