Micro 51: Vengeful! (D3)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

/confirm

Vote: rapidcanyon
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 13, Hoopla wrote:Side-note: random voting (or early voting in general) is typically suboptimal in this setup, as scum quickhammering D1 and taking the vengekill is a highly beneficial play for them. It means you go into D2 with little information, which creates, effectively, a 1/3 chance for town to win if the outcome of lylo is random.

K. UNVOTE:

Sorry, first Vengeful.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 19, Hoopla wrote:Was your vote on rapid random?

Nope. I wanted to see how he reacted to my vote. But his reaction didn't give me much. I would've probably kept my vote on for the hell of it, but you explained why random/early voting is bad, so I'd rather not have a vote there now.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:51 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 23, AcRv wrote:So nobody's going to be persuading buddies to stop doing stupid things... should make this somewhat easier.

Anyone else get a weird vibe from this post?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 25, rapidcanyon wrote:What kind of "wierd vibe" do you get from that post?

Just the way he responded to the mod's answer sounded offsetting to me. Can't put a finger on it, though.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 29, Hoopla wrote:If anything, the act of asking that question in the first place was a mild town tell.

I thought so too, but the response killed it for me.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 31, AcRv wrote:May I ask how you would have reacted to me saying "That's good" or "K"?

Even if I can't ask, I'm asking anyway.

Why wouldn't you be able to ask this? But anyway, I probably would've kept a town read on you, like Hoopla mentioned earlier.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Sorry, I just caught up, but I'm going to be busy all day today.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

I didn't mean to finish: I might be able to post late tonight, which seems fair considering how late you two were up. :P
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Sorry, just having time to read again. I will be able to make a catch-up post a little after lunch today, though.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 36, Tierce wrote:Bo: what reaction(s)
were
you expecting from rapidcanyon and what did you think it would tell you about his alignment?

And... yeah, by , I don't particularly like Bo. You say you can't put your finger to it, but try. What is the problem with AcRv's reaction to quadz's answer on daytalk?

Rapid was already suspicious of Hoopla in post 7, for Hoopla being "too worried what he thinks of her." If rapid were to show any ill-will toward me for my vote, I'd be more suspicious considering how quick he was trying to pin something small on one person while worrying too much about a random vote on him. But that didn't happen.

It's not very important anymore since I last posted something productive, but my main issue was that AcRV decided to respond as if he was talking to someone, like a scumbuddy, when he said no one would be able to persuade buddies to stop doing stupid things. That's what was different about it instead of responding with "That's good" or "K." But since then I haven't thought much of it.
---
Right now, I only have a least-likely-scum read on Hoopla. So far, she's been saying some of what's been on my mind throughout the game, all the way down to Tierce GF/rapid Goon or AcRV GF/Tierce possibilities. Tierce is being pretty reactive, AcRV hasn't really done much this game despite posting whenever possible, and rapid is just very hard to read right now.

There, that's all I got right now. I just don't like to spend a lot of time on catch-up posts; I should be more active this weekend though, so thoughts should be more detailed. Ask me questions if you're curious though.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:13 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

I'll have to make another catch-up post later tonight, after re-reading the topic.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Alright, re-reading from the beginning, hopefully I can make some better opinions on the other players with my next post.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

Alright, I'm back in the game, finally. I want to post to make sure I cover my opinions on players thus far after reading the topic again, plus test something out later.

Firstly, based on the game overall, I see a Rapid/AcRV scumteam, AcRV being the GF because of how hard he's pushing/voting Rapid.

AcRV states multiple times in the topic that Tierce and Hoopla is Town vs Town. While this could just be a full-on opinion, the most heat seemed to be between those two for quite some time in the topic. AcRV has definitely been active lurking for most of the game, regardless of how many kittens he kicks. (But don't kick any, seriously.) I feel like the only way he really tries to participate is to quickly throw in "oh btw Hoopla and Tierce are town and response to a question and bye." That way if Tierce or Hoopla are lynched, AcRV didn't have to throw a single finger at anyone, but still thinks he'd get some sort of town cred.

Though he did state that it's possible Tierce and Hoopla could also be GF later. But that would still leave Rapid being a goon. That essentially just leaves more options for mislynching open for GF AcRV.

Also, Rapid. You've kinda been my top scumread all game. Tierce points out that your reads are all over the place throughout the entire thread, and you constantly say that you can't figure out who scum is. I can't even really remember any solid opinions you have on any players. The reason I agreed with the Tierce/Rapid scumteam as Hoopla mentioned is because it felt like Tierce was taking advantage of your scumslips, but reading them again from start to finish, Tierce scum isn't as likely.

Rapid's reaction tests were also bullshit, like Tierce pointed out. Looking at AcRV/me as a possible scumteam for supposed lurking when AcRV sees Rapid/me as the scumteam for a while.

Tierce would be a likely third choice for scum, but I feel confident enough in AcRV/Rapid scumteam. Tierce likes to somewhat misrep at times, and take the misreps to more drastic measures, like voting Hoopla for thinking everyone sees Hoopla as town (even though I never said anything of the sort. I usually have town reads. At that point, I didn't have any, hence why I didn't use the word "town" anywhere).

Hoopla hasn't changed much for me since my last catch-up post. I like her vote on Tierce better than Tierce's vote on Hoopla. Before making any more guesses about Hoopla, though, I want to see what she has to say after her "re-evaluation."

So, what to do from here? I'm not vote Rapid/AcRV until I check out their interactions with one another, since if they're the scumteam, I have doubts that AcRV is the goon since he'd be voting his own GF first.

Which, I won't be able to do for a little bit. Maybe later tonight, maybe Sunday. But I hope I've satisfied everyone with what I've been able to contribute. I'm trying not to replace out of games as much when life's a little busier than usual, but I feel like this would be the worst my activity will be before replacing out of games from now on.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:16 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 203, rapidcanyon wrote:I am getting NOWHERE in this game because NO ONE's analysis has a premise with which I can reasonably make deductions.

I can understand why my analysis might make you think so, considering my absence in this game, but I think you're just making it seem like everyone is building an analysis
around
you being scum, when I don't really see that at all. And I can agree that you're my top scumread individually, but I'd have to look harder at interactions to see if you realistically fit the bill as scum.

Your reaction tests show scum motivation for the same reason Tierce pointed them out: I can't see how you could've gotten any reactions out of that. No one could've really reacted to that by the time you said it was a reaction test (which by that time makes it obsolete, no?).

Hoopla didn't say Tierce's case was shitty on you, Rapid. Hoopla agreed with Tierce's points on you, just the way the case was presented was awkward.

The only reason I've seen Tierce/Hoopla as Town vs. Town recently is because of the multiple times AcRV pointed it out. It made me believe he was so sure it was Town vs. Town because it probably was Town vs. Town because AcRV knows who the scum are.

I'm glad AcRV's playing a little better now as far as the active lurking goes. Though I don't see why he votes Rapid initially and then when he suspects me as GF, doesn't vote me. There's probably more to that than what he's posted about it. Also, Hoopla didn't point out my lurking because it wasn't active lurking. I was lurking because I wasn't able to post often recently; you were lurking because you could post, yet most of it seemed like you were just trying to stay in the game without providing anything useful.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

You're almost certain I'm scum yet refuse to vote me.

K.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 216, rapidcanyon wrote:
I am almost certain you are scum because I see you browsing this forum really often yet posting really little.
Your name always appears at the bottom of the users browsing this forum but you post extremely sparingly. So, it is not like you were busy with real life. You were surfing through the Micro games forum and not posting. Also, you-Hoopla as a team makes sense, not sure about you-Hoopla.

Another thing is that your reaction is scummy. You don't ask why I think you are scum but challenge me to vote you. If you are town, what purpose does that serve? Town would not want votes on them. Scum... probably don't either, but it is still anti-town.

Also, voting is suboptimal so I don't want to vote until we are all certain about lynching.

You have
got
to be kidding me. I'm not even going to respond to that first bit because of how silly it sounds.

I challenged you to vote me because you were the closest you could be to certain that I'm scum, being completely certain makes you my scumbuddy (impossible), and I have no votes on me yet, giving you no reason to hesitate to place an L-2 on me right here, right now.

And according to that first bit, asking why you thought I was scum probably would've gotten you this reaction anyway:

You have
got
to be kidding me. I'm not even going to respond to that first bit because of how silly it sounds.

Yep.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:00 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Congrats if scum is Tierce/Rapid, best scum play evar, but I still feel comfortable with AcRv and Rapid scumteam.

Waiting for Rapid to respond to all this before changing my vote to obvscum AcRv.

PEdit: Oh awesome, Rapid threw a vote on AcRv with Tierce, agreeing wholeheartedly that Tierce is town when...Tierce isn't pushing Rapid, and put someone at L-1.

Sounds interesting.

Vote: AcRv

You could say I'm falling right into the white flag gambit. But honestly, since lynching townie me D2 doesn't end the game, at least one scum can get the hell out.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

I'd spend time reading relationships between AcRv and the rest of the players, but it looks like I won't have time to do that before being lynched.

Something tells me AcRv's decision to put me at L-1 combined with his "white flag" statement had something behind it besides simple "Bo's my GF." As if he thought outing me for a lynch would still win them the game for scum after D3.

PEdit: Oops there we go, I'm lynched.

I'll be reading the rest of the game, though. Shit's about to go down.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 305, Tierce wrote:SORRY BO. Send me telepathic vibes of good-will?

I tried sending you the message "don't lynch Rapid" too many times while I was dead. :P

Though seriously, good game everyone. Had a gut feeling Hoopla was scum while I was reading, wish I would've had the chance to say something else besides "apparently the gambit will probably be worth the risk in the end."

Which, when coupled with Tierce's huge Hoopla town read around the time the gambit was played, that definitely happened.

Wish I could've been more active. Maybe then I wouldn't have been pinned as GF so quickly. Hahaha
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 349, rapidcanyon wrote:@ Bo, your last words were that scum was me. What changed your mind?

I don't remember what changed it exactly, but I kinda changed my mind during my PEdit in Post #260, the same time I hammered AcRv. Didn't get a chance to say so. For all I know, that might've changed something in Tierce's subconscious not to lynch Rapid so quickly D3.

But I just read back at interactions on some free time, plus I thought "you know, Rapid's going to get lynched way too easily D3 compared to Hoopla and Tierce...and Tierce is obvtowning so she's town...that gambit wouldn't benefit Rapid GF at all. So why do it?"

And no need to be sorry, Tierce. At least I could help lynch scum D1 regardless of my lynch D2, like I said earlier. :mrgreen:
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 358, AcRv wrote:When Tierce had me pinned with that logic, I checked my wiki and realised there was no record of me on scum on here. So I knew I could get away with making a "newb" scum mistake, and I was hoping that Bowie would shoot away from Hoopla, preferably me, because I knew that canyon would be lynched over Hoopla or Tierce.

The fact that's exactly what I predicted
after
I died is fan
freakin
tastic. :P
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 360, rapidcanyon wrote:It was a good play though. I wonder if Bo had lived, if the game would have turned out differently. Hoopla would likely have been lynched.

Agreed, really awesome scum play.

Hoopla probably could've gotten away with it if I lived, considering I'm not very experienced and would probably be easily persuaded to a Rapid lynch eventually, and a following lynch on me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”