Micro 724: Scumhunter's Speed: 9 Players (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:46 am

Post by ThinkBig »

Official Vote Count
Umlaut
(3): Maxous, GreyICE, RadiantCowbells
L-2

GreyICE
(2): skitter30, TheBrie
itlepip
(2): Hiraki, Umlaut
Hiraki
(1): BTD6_maker
skitter30
(1): itlepip

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

The day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2017-06-30 15:02:43)
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:51 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 96, GreyICE wrote:
In post 70, skitter30 wrote:
In post 68, TheBrie wrote: Grey's post about not putting itlepip to L-1 seemed weird. But itlepip's posts about why Grey think's he's now are weirder.
This is what I was leading up to. If Itle thinks Grey has a godtell on him and had already declared him town, why wasn't Itle concerned about Grey's L-1 comment?

I thought maybe I was misunderstanding Grey's comment, which is why I had asked for clarification.
my godtell is very simple

Scum don't vote their buddies the way Ummy did. Especially in a setup where scum bussing better damn well ride that bus to the end of the game.
Ummy? I thought we were talking about itlepip? This explanation makes little sense.

@RC I get your point about Grey. I think you're probably right, but I want to get this sorted first.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

@Brie: Think about it a little.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 97, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have no hesitancy about saying that if I'm not dead I will catch both scum before endgame.

Me being dead does town no favours.
As I recall you are also proud of your scumgame. Would you recommend the town lynch you the day before LyLo if you don't live up to this?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by TheBrie »

@Grey Are you saying that since you believe Umlaut is scum, then itlepip can't be scum too? That sounds fair enough.
UNVOTE:

Based on recent discussion, I'n willing to vote Umlaut, but I'm leaving it off for now just in case he happens to be town and scum do the quickhammer then nk incompentent scum things.

I think I understand the mechanics of this game, but not really the strategy.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by GreyICE »

That's just about the shape of it.

Background:
Mechanics (as originally envisioned) were to do a branching path game to create a large amount of information on a single day. Hitogoroshi was claiming that scumhunting was vastly overrated and mostly consisted of confirmation bias (people think they can scumhunt because people are inherently delusional, basically). The issue is that most "vanilla" setups have a high town:scum ratio, which leads to disillusionment and a lack of investment and a general lack of interest. Other games have PRs that can dominate any level of good or bad scumplay (most strong scum players, myself included, have been outed by a N1 cop investigate by someone who thought we were town but figured 'just in case'). Finally the nightkill is an insanely strong power in a vanilla game, as time has shown (scum win vanilla games with night kills at a rate far beyond any level of statistical probability)

Details:
On day 2 the game becomes either a 5:2 vanilla nightless, or a 5:2 white flag. The vanilla nightless is scum favored, the white flag is town favored.

Very importantly, the white flag cannot be carried by a single scum player. One of the strongest plays in vanilla as scum is to play "lone wolf" and say fuck your buddies, which ruins scumhunting (as you have no particular incentive to generate interaction tells). Scum players must work together here, either on day 1 to force a town lynch, or later to protect each other.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by Maxous »

Read up.
Happy with the Umlaut wagon until he gives me a reason to move.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Maxous »

If I had to give townreads I would say Brie and Hiraki would be the two I would be most confident about.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Umlaut »

TheBrie, since you want to vote me, tell me what the case for me as scum is. You haven't advanced one but you must have some idea if it's enough to make you vote with GreyICE who you were voting for a minute ago. You asked RC his reason and he never answered, what have you seen in the meantime?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 104, TheBrie wrote:Based on recent discussion, I'n willing to vote Umlaut, but I'm leaving it off for now just in case he happens to be town and scum do the quickhammer then nk incompentent scum things.
What recent discussion has indicated that I'm a good lynch?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by TheBrie »

@Grey Sounds good.

So if Umlaut is scum, His partners are in Hiraki, Skittle and BTD6. Hiraki and BTD6 are less likely to be together and BTD6 is the scummier of the two.
Of course scum will also being trying to make associations less obvious, so we can't complete rule out them voting one another.

Pedit: @Umlaut, my vote of Grey was more as pressure than a scum read. I'll get back to the rest of your question after a little reread.
Show

TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 107, Maxous wrote:If I had to give townreads I would say Brie and Hiraki would be the two I would be most confident about.
Any particular reasons you TR us?
Show

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: TheBrie
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Yeah I'm not going to play that game.

VOTE: GreyIce
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I know I should've been prodded, sorry :/

@Grey: Thanks for explaining! I had read the set-up, but I guess I didn't quite think through that scenario. Like, I get the set-up, but I didn't fully understand how it could/should be utilized by either side.

@TheBrie: Why do you think scum must be within the three of us? Because the three of us never voted him? I kinda feel that in this setup, scum would do their best to avoid creating associations with each other, so I feel like if he's scum, a potential partner may have decided to hop on the wagon in order to distance themselves from him.

That being said, I don't think GreyIce could be partnered with Umlaut - he'd be driving an epic bus right now if he was. And between the two of them, I agree with Grey more. Umlaut's vote on itle seemed rather opportunistic, and instead of explaining his vote, he instead decided to argue semantics with Grey; he never really responded to Grey's main point.

UNVOTE:

I'm leaning towards voting Umlaut right now, but I don't want to give scum the opportunity to quickhammer, and I'd also like to talk with Umlaut some more.

And I'm also worried that about the fact that we seem to be heading towards an Umlaut lynch kinda unilaterally; bussing is bad in this setup, and there hasn't really been a counterpush or anything, so I'm a bit worried that if he's town, scum are seeing an easy opportunity to avoid white flag.

@Umlaut: What do you think about your wagon right now, especially Grey's push on you?

I'm also kinda concerned about itle and BTD6 because both have said very little this game, and they both declined to comment on several interesting posts. Itle is bothering me more, since I still dislike his reaction to Grey's L-1 comment.

(Um, I get verbose sometimes, and have a tendency to write walls sometimes; sorry in advance).

p-edit: whoops, while I was writing this, RC unvoted Umlaut. I still want to talk to him a bit before I actually vote him.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Forgetting roles or alignments for a second, I am not okay with the idea of GreyIce suggesting a policy lynch on me for making a certain point in the game.
I've seen more than enough of that in the last half year and it's been gradually killing my interest in playing mafia.
I was lynched like twice in 2015. I've been getting lynched repeatedly since that year ended and I got my scummy without a change in playstyle or cases presented against me, just a whole lot of 'welp RC.' I have no desire to deal with it in this game. More votes on him please.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by GreyICE »

If that's the level of faith you have in your "ability to scumhunt your way to win before endgame" then I'm super happy to have uncovered it now.

I'll super happily call for myself to be lynched if I'm alive the day before LyLo. Never happen in a million years :)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Oh I'm shitloads confident in my ability to scumhunt but when you have fucks like BTD6 who demonstrably don't give a shit as town and pretend to not give a shit as scum they are getting lynched, top priority. I don't win through scumreads, I win through townreads. I've been wrong once on a strong townread since 2015 and that was versus someone who knows me extremely well and whom I'd never seen as scum.

I've seen enough games where I got lynched and people ignored my reads that I'm putting my foot down here. I'm not dealing with this crap.

I would expect that given your relationship with LLD that you would know better than suggesting a policy lynch on me for having a good scumgame.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:05 pm

This isn't one game for me, it's every game for me. I already don't really want to play this one anymore.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Then lynch him on Day 2. I want to lynch scum today.

As for LLD, you REALLY haven't seen us interact if you think I don't frequently try to lynch her. Someone once joked a good tell if we're scum together is if we're not trying to lynch each other, and given our track record its not entirely wrong.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I mean okay, convince me by referencing LLD then using one of her favorite scum techniques. I don't fucking care. We could lynch Umulaut and then I'd bet good money one of the two of us dies tonight. And since I clearly give two shits, prolly me.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:20 pm

I'm not LLD. I'm making this an issue because it's an issue for me. I would do this as either alignment.
If you had a case on me: fine. Scumread me all you like but when you're coming in and saying well we should policy lynch this guy for not having solved the game already it kills my desire to play the game.

VOTE: Umlaut
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by TheBrie »

@Skitter, It was based on scum not bussing Umlaut and Umlaut not bussing scum. I do agree that it's probably not that simply becaase scum should be smart enough to avoid obvious associations. I certainly don't see you as def scum.

If I understand Grey's reasoning behind lynching RC before lylo, it's because he's scared that RC might actually be scum. Which kind of makes sense, but doesn't seem worthwhile bringing up until then.
Show

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 121, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not LLD. I'm making this an issue because it's an issue for me. I would do this as either alignment.
If you had a case on me: fine. Scumread me all you like but when you're coming in and saying well we should policy lynch this guy for not having solved the game already it kills my desire to play the game.

VOTE: Umlaut
If I had a case on you I'd vote you. I suspect you because this is a game of mafia, of course I'm going to suspect you. On top of that platitude, I think being disinterested in the lynch is anti-town day 1. I'm quite willing to prod how strong your commitment is to "I am such a good scumhunter I'm fine taking this anti-town action if it means I guaranteed will not be night killed".
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 111, TheBrie wrote:
In post 107, Maxous wrote:If I had to give townreads I would say Brie and Hiraki would be the two I would be most confident about.
Any particular reasons you TR us?
I don't think you would of voted and unvoted grey if you were scum, you would of either avoided him or committed to the vote as scum.

I liked Skitter's last post, feels more genuine than previous posts
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”