Micro 870: Lynch Happy

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

yes i know. it was the other day. but it still doesnt really excuse the difference i spotted.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.7

With 9 alive, it is 5 to Lynch

no lunch (3):
Austerity (1): ,
Iconeum (1):
u r a person 2 (1):
Vex Vience (0):
Clememcy (0):
Elsa Jay (0):
NotMySpamAccount (0):
PvtUrist (0):

Not Voting (3): , , ,

Deadline: Day 1 will end in (expired on 2019-05-16 16:00:00). Currently this means that no lunch will be lynched.
This is a Parachute.
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 350, Vex Vience wrote:yes i know. it was the other day. but it still doesnt really excuse the difference i spotted.
How so?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

because if were comparing the game to today, your town meta should be consistent between the two. im not really finding the two as consistent. in forkbomb, i find most of your posts to not be pinging me, yet reading it here, you are pinging me. not only that, but there are a few general differences. you tend to be interacting with everyone or trying to get them to reply to your reads. here youre just... not doing any of that.

it doesnt sit well with me is the point. you should be able to act similarly between those two games since they did overlap in dates. yet im not really seeing that.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i read uraps scum games and a town game. urap feels very aggressive in the town game, and less aggressive (mostly passive) in the scum games. when i read this game, im getting urap being aggressive. their flipflop voting i dont really get, but, they feel townie to me ultimately.
if you are town nl, im sorry, but this just doesnt feel the same as your town games.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

it really doesnt

#CultsArentBastard
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Oh. Pick any other town game and you would find flip flops. It's basically my thing
103-11 0-2
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

That's actually a terrific meta read otherwise
103-11 0-2
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by no lunch »

This game is a slower burn than Forkbomb was, and so I focused my energies there first. I have called things out here as they have stood out to me and my recent engagement with u r a person 2 is my town meta to a 't'. Accounting for divided attention, your take is premature.

Even not accounting for divided attention, could you please explain why you are less comfortable with my play here when compared with other games?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

the major difference i noticed that bugs me the most is exactly
how
you played. you called out things. you asked people a lot of questions about their thoughts. in this game though, i dont really see that. sure, with divided attention, that could change things, but you still should be able to mimic that as town in both games. and thats whats bugging me the most: the fact that you arent. your posting feels different to me in that game and this game, and it just bugs me.

#CultsArentBastard
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by no lunch »

How would you describe my play in this game, when I have been present?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

much more direct. youre not asking as many questions as id expect town!you to be and thats bothering me. youre just kinda existing in this game, kinda stalling for time a bit. which, that leads into this weird tinfoil thought i just had: what if we dont lynch nl today? we lynch someone else and cop checks nl? if red, we hang them instantly, no questions asked and if green, theyre confirmed townie, and wed have four or five confirmed townies, (me, urap, pvt, nl, cop), assuming none of us die tonight?

im not really seeing a universe where nl is a lyncher target either.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

which, another thought about your playstyle in this game, nl: you feel a bit more survivalistic and unwilling to help. post 266 really highlights that point for me. youre not willing to give out a read. you say a perfectly townie post, (uraps 262), is more likely to come from scum than town, (which i disagree with), on top of many other things. it just feels like youre playing entirely different in this game versus forkbomb for example.

#CultsArentBastard
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by no lunch »

Why am I not the lyncher target in any universe? I actually feel as though my wagon popped up more quickly than I would expect. Cop is more valuable as a late game utility in any micro.

I actually think I have been engaging and asking questions, when present. In fact all I have really had to react to was pushes on me and Austerity's defence of me. Could you please show me, specifically, what is missing from me?
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 262, u r a person 2 wrote:bro if someone asks for a readslist, save them the time of isoing you and just give them the readslist. if you're town, you're on the same team, so why work to be difficult?
It did not occur to you that this post was either u r a person 2 tunnelling me for clearly non-alignment-indicative reasons, or him implicitly pocketing PvtUrist?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

because if youre the lynchers target, why havent they tried to lynch you here and now? sure, urap could be the lyncher, but if they are, gg. they deserve the win. as for this setup, with 9 people, if we go into d2 with 7 alive and four to five confirmed, we know exactly who the evils are from that point on if we have two townies die. the other three who arent confirmed? theyre the scum. always.

pedit: that post from urap was my exact thoughts. if youre town, why arent you helping your fellow teammates? why are you making it harder on them?

#CultsArentBastard
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by no lunch »

If I am the lyncher's target, it is certainly an easy win for them to coast here or otherwise make a final "nail-in-coffin" push (for instance, it is currently occurring to me that you may easily be the lyncher; hence why I am asking you to be accountable for your reads).

I have already explained why I did not post a poorly constructed read list on the fly... It does not help the town. It helps me look more like town, but without me having an opportunity to reassess my read list before posting, it does not help with sorting anybody except for me.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

lets also get to that: what are your thoughts on aust defending you?

pedit: i posted a readlist yesterday that i hadnt even edited for an entire day because i didnt read the thread. i dont think anyone wouldve really cared if you did. as long as you prefaced it with that, i dont think anyone would care.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

also, if im the lyncher, why am i trying to sort you? we have little under 48 hours left of the day. why dont i just vote you and lurk out of the game now? i wont get prodded.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

what benefit do i get from trying to actively sort you rn? sure, i could get an easier time lynching you, but if i can take the path of least resistance here, and not bother pushing you and letting you be lynched due to plurality, why dont i bother doing that?

#CultsArentBastard
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by no lunch »

Considering you think I am non-town, I am going to suggest you may think I am mafia aligned. Where is my team mate? What are anti-town forces doing to muddy the gamestate while I am being wagoned?

Pedit: I am happy to post on the fly. I believe I have made the offer: if you are uncomfortable with me for a tangible reason, talk to me about it. But when I have not been interested in the game and do not have a strong feeling on many things, posting a read list entirely to satisfy PvtUrist's demands would be me making up content so that I look more town than I am.

You think that is malicious? I would suggest me promising to deliver when I could, and then later delivering is one of the more transparently town motivated actions taken in this game.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i think youre the lyncher, not mafia. however, if i had to call out someone as your scumbuddy? aust. 100%.

#CultsArentBastard
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Stalling the clock IS a valuable Lyncher strategy,
no lunch
no lunch
Goon
no lunch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by no lunch »

In post 369, Vex Vience wrote:what benefit do i get from trying to actively sort you rn? sure, i could get an easier time lynching you, but if i can take the path of least resistance here, and not bother pushing you and letting you be lynched due to plurality, why dont i bother doing that?
I do not think you are the lyncher, no. It just crossed my mind earlier to ensure I ask you to heavilu qualify your scumread on me. Your read on me shifted from town to scum very quickly, and you then found convenient supporting evidence via a surface-level meta dive.

At the start of this conversation, I was concerned about being positioned. At this stage my feeling is indeed that you are trying to sort me.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

and i think the mafia are within the lurkers. thats why there hasnt been much going on from that. i really doubt someone like elsa is town in this game. if they are, they are doing absolutely nothing to help the town, and they are basically no better than mafia.

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”