Micro 870: Lynch Happy

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:18 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 267, no lunch wrote:Incidentally, consider that your mutual approach to me over the last two pages makes me feel that I need to waste time writing up posts like this, rather than making an effort to solve the game.

Lynch somebody who is unlikely to be town aligned. Do not lynch the person who people you and your townread are annoyed with.
yezh, okay, except you're just lecturing us and telling us we should "lynch somebody who is unlikely to be town aligned" instead of posting a readslist.

You could have posted a readslist 10 times over in the time it took you to make these two posts! No one is asking you to go into a brand new game and craft reads from scratch. Like you said, you HAVE reads, already. You just would rather throw around paragraphs of ate rather than give them.

Is it really so hard to see that NL is scum here?
103-11 0-2
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 166, Datisi wrote:I don't necessarily agree with you about Ico
But sure, let's see what no lunch has to say
VOTE: no lunch
In post 171, no lunch wrote:For whatever reason I had thought there was a jester in this setup. My apologies. u r a person 2 and Iconeum remain the players I have found the least likely to be town so far.
In post 172, Datisi wrote:Alright, fair enough
UNVOTE: nl
What makes you suspect urap if I may ask?
Still an awkward exchange, but I am in favour of lynching Datisi (Austerity) over no lunch today.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

I would compromise onto datisi but I'd rather NL for sure for sure
103-11 0-2
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 3:25 am

Post by Clemency »

oh i forgot to vote
VOTE: no luncheon
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Austerity »

There are way too many variables around how the lyncher will play to get any sort of decent lyncher read on D1.
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:03 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 260, Iconeum wrote:The other ones are not a nice progression:

First they say no lunch wagon is 'vague' and 'eager', but a bit later they add 'but i'd be willing to lynch there because I don't have scumreads anyway'. Not townreading this and surprised you are.
Is that a stance YOU would take as scum? You seem to have skipped over my reasoning for saying so.
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 275, u r a person 2 wrote:yezh, okay, except you're just lecturing us and telling us we should "lynch somebody who is unlikely to be town aligned" instead of posting a readslist.

You could have posted a readslist 10 times over in the time it took you to make these two posts! No one is asking you to go into a brand new game and craft reads from scratch. Like you said, you HAVE reads, already. You just would rather throw around paragraphs of ate rather than give them.

Why is any of this scum indicative?
Show
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 271, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 251, Vex Vience wrote:i will have to reply tomorrow to stuff. i ran out of adhd medicine and while i can focus, i really dont wanna type replies. i blame my adhd for that. my last readlist was sometime yesterday @pvt:

{vex}

{nl, pvt}

{}

{clem, elsa, datisi/aus}
- null
{urap, ico}

{nsma}

{}

nsma is so low due to them having basically nothing readable in four days of playing. id have to re-read the game to update it.
Oh yay, I'm in this situation again. Anybody who wants to, throw questions at me and I'll answer them.
thoughts on the entire game? readlist? who do you think is town/mafia/lyncher and why?
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Vex Vience »

im about to re-read what i missed yesterday
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 261, no lunch wrote:
In post 258, PvtUrist wrote:plz giv readlist nl
It should already be obvious through reading my posts in isolation what my reads are.
ok, but why arent you providing them in the first place? you should be able to, no? saying "just look at my iso" makes it seem like you're trying to waste time.
In post 266, no lunch wrote: Additionally, I am starting to suspect that I am the lyncher target. Either that,
or I am appearing substantially more scummy than I intend to
. But the only forthcoming case has been PvtUrist's, which was far closer to a list of grievances than a consideration of how I am approaching this game as a member of the mafia.
re:bolded - why tf would you wanna appear scummy to begin with nl? i dont see any benefit to townies, (unless youre the cop), to appearing scummy in the first place. the only way itd make sense is if youre the cop and you dont wanna get nk'd, but even then, youre such a low-profile target imo that mafia would be stupid to shoot you.

so why purposefully look scummy?
In post 274, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Aight, I tr Clem now.
im not questioning the read, but rather how you got there. care to explain?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 am

Post by Vex Vience »

im also gonna re-iso everyone and re-evaluate my readlist.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:09 am

Post by Vex Vience »

Spoiler: current readlist
{vex}

{pvt}

{ico, urap}

{clem, aust}
- null
{nl, nmsa}

{elsa}

{}

aust feels somewhat townie, mostly based on playstyle alone, but im kinda getting pings from a few of their posts in general. both kinda cancel out so theyre still a null.
clem hasnt really posted a whole lot, but the few serious posts theyve made actually feel townie imo. just need more content before i really start to tr them. not really a scumread on them either since they have put forth effort sporadically.
elsa hasnt really posted anything helpful. most of their iso is just them fucking around. i dont really like it, and it feels scummy to me.
ico is actually somewhat townie imo, upon my re-iso. most of their later posts make up for their earlier posts. still somewhat suspicious of them, but not overtly.
nl has slipped for me in my reads. they were townie, but some of their later posts just feel downright scummy. like them wanting to have us interpret their reads, just randomly voting, etc. it doesnt sit well with me.
bit less skeptical of nmsa, but still generally suspicious of them. waiting on their thoughts in general on the game, plus other things.
pvt is locktown imo. i really dont need to go into details on this, i hope.
urap is more townie now imo. most of my scumread goes away after i re-read their iso once again. generally liking their posts once again.
vex is totally a cult leader, idk why you guys havent lynched him yet.

i dont really have a lot of time atm, i gotta do a few things today, but this is where im at after quickly re-reading the thread and re-isoing everyone.
i think nmsa is possibly a townie, but im not certain. if they are a townie, i think the other scum is in my nulls or is urap/ico.
im also fine with a nl lynch today.

#CultsArentBastard
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.6

With 9 alive, it is 5 to Lynch

no lunch (3):
Austerity (1): ,
Iconeum (1):
u r a person 2 (1):
Vex Vience (0):
Clememcy (0):
Elsa Jay (0):
NotMySpamAccount (0):
PvtUrist (0):

Not Voting (3): , , ,

Deadline: Day 1 will end in (expired on 2019-05-16 16:00:00). Currently this means that no lunch will be lynched.
This is a Parachute.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

In post 281, Austerity wrote:
In post 275, u r a person 2 wrote:yezh, okay, except you're just lecturing us and telling us we should "lynch somebody who is unlikely to be town aligned" instead of posting a readslist.

Why is any of this scum indicative?
The whole "I don't have time to give a readslist" feels like a half-truth. I believe him when he says he doesn't have time to give reads. I just think it's because he knows that giving reads requires manufacturing or reviewing his posts so as to stay consistent. If you have reads, it doesn't take very much time to grab the playerlist from post 1 and throw them under town/null/scum headers
103-11 0-2
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 282, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 271, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 251, Vex Vience wrote:i will have to reply tomorrow to stuff. i ran out of adhd medicine and while i can focus, i really dont wanna type replies. i blame my adhd for that. my last readlist was sometime yesterday @pvt:

{vex}

{nl, pvt}

{}

{clem, elsa, datisi/aus}
- null
{urap, ico}

{nsma}

{}

nsma is so low due to them having basically nothing readable in four days of playing. id have to re-read the game to update it.
Oh yay, I'm in this situation again. Anybody who wants to, throw questions at me and I'll answer them.
thoughts on the entire game? readlist? who do you think is town/mafia/lyncher and why?
You seem less scummy than you did a few pages ago, while I'm pretty sure nl is mafia. No clue on lyncher, I've never been in a game with one so I don't know how they play usually. I'll have to figure that out as I go. urap2 is probably town.

Reads (not detailed cause I'm busy):
Town
NMSA
urap2
PvtUrist
Vex Vience
Null
Clem
Ico
Elsa Jay
Scum
Austerity
nl
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 10:36 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

i think you're town, too, NMSA. Let's walk hand-in hand to the gallows ;P
103-11 0-2
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Vex Vience »

why is urap higher than pvt, if you dont mind me asking? nothing major, just wondering.

#CultsArentBastard
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 288, u r a person 2 wrote:If you have reads, it doesn't take very much time to grab the playerlist from post 1 and throw them under town/null/scum headers
It depends on what is meant by "give a readlist." If you literally just mean vomit out the playerlist sorted into town, null, and scum, yes that's easy, but they might not have felt that they could do so effectively enough from memory.

I think it should go without saying that, internally, townies have more nuanced and nebulous reads than scum do. And, it's not just scum that have to remember what their reads are; just because town's reads are genuine doesn't mean that they automatically remember them without going back and looking. So I don't really see why putting together a readlist is necessarily going to be harder as scum than as town.
Show
Austerity
Austerity
Goon
Austerity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Austerity »

In post 284, Vex Vience wrote:ok, but why arent you providing them in the first place? you should be able to, no? saying "just look at my iso" makes it seem like you're trying to waste time.
Counterpoint: being defiant when asked to do something easy is a towntell.
Show
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:14 am

Post by Vex Vience »

because as scum you have to pay attention to a lot of things when making readlists, esp your partners.

if your partner is acting scummy, do you call them out for it and possibly bus them or do you call them null for it and hope nobody calls you out on it?
if not, are you associating yourself with your partner too much? if you or they get lynched, how likely is it that everyone else puts it together youre on the same team based on your readslist?
not only that, but how are you gonna call out people as scum in your readlist? if youre gonna call out the easy targets, you run the risk of looking like youre just sheeping and have it backfire because of that. if you call out the hard targets, you have to actually make a case which can backfire horribly.
also, you have to make your readlist look like you put forth actual effort into it. too little effort and it seems like you didnt try. too much effort and it seems like youre faking a townie thought process.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Vex Vience »

aust, why are you defending nl rn? care to explain?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also do you have a readlist youd like to post?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also also, aust, are you an alt? if so, mind sharing who you really are?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:26 am

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 293, Austerity wrote:
In post 284, Vex Vience wrote:ok, but why arent you providing them in the first place? you should be able to, no? saying "just look at my iso" makes it seem like you're trying to waste time.
Counterpoint: being defiant when asked to do something easy is a towntell.
countercounterpoint: look at nls iso. its not really obvious what his reads are. this is the best i could figure out:

{vex, pvt} - town
{elsa, nmsa} - null/not mentioned
{ico, urap, clem, aust} - scum

why should i have to read through his iso to get his reads when he should be able to tell me roughly without looking at the game how he feels about everyone?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 11:27 am

Post by Vex Vience »

and also, id like to mention that these reads feel extremely safe. it feels like he doesnt wanna dedicate to anything extreme and just wants to stick with the safe reads. thats not a townie thing to do imo because i think town is more likely to take a more extreme stance than scum.

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”