grobu
"grave, tomb," and perhaps from a PIE root
*ghrebh-
(2) "to dig, to scratch, to scrape," related to Old English
grafan
"to dig" (see
grave
(v.)
). Or perhaps a substratum word in Germanic and Balto-Slavic.
The normal mod. representation of OE.
græf
would be
graff
; the ME. disyllable
grave
, from which the standard mod. form descends, was prob. due to the especially frequent occurrence of the word in the dat. (locative) case. [OED]
From Middle Ages to 17c., they were temporary, crudely marked repositories from which the bones were removed to ossuaries after some years and the grave used for a fresh burial. "Perpetual graves" became common from c. 1650.
Grave-side
(n.) is from 1744.
Grave-robber
attested from 1757. To
make (someone) turn in his grave
"behave in some way that would have offended the dead person" is first recorded 1888.

ACCESSMods: Mizzytastic, the worst, implosion
The Dead: Nero Cain, MathBlade, Norfolk Boy1, Bypasser Catcher, Not_Mafia, Rannygazoo, MiniMegabyte, PlusJOYED, quiet, Titus, DrippingGoofball, chkflip, Vaxkiller, Momrangal, Binatog13, Hayker, Gamma Emerald, BBMolla
Spectators: No one
yet

RULES and ETIQUETTEI will be running a mostly unspoiled dead thread. If you are spoiled some way from your time in life, place such content behind the appropriate tags, or not at all.

Each night you may discuss among yourselves and choose a player who would you investigate and a player who you would protect.

Once you are dead please don't post in the game thread or any shared private threads, even to make a contentless "Bah!" post. You are free to keep making notes in a notes thread.
Last edited by Mizzytastic on Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:27 am, edited 19 times in total.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Nero Cain has died. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Hey, as part of this dead threat you can submit a player to protect and a player to view the role card of. Normally I resolve it at the end of the night to give people a chance to weigh in but been as it's just you here I'll resolve it ASAP.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

im a doctor?!?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

gonna protect Titus rolecop Luca
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 2, Nero Cain wrote:im a doctor?!?
Only a play one, cos normal game. You'll learn if you picked right by the results on Day 2.

Though actually impactful dead thread actions could be fun for a theme...

Luca Blight is ...
Spoiler: Luca Blight's Role PM
Luca Blight - Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie

Each day you may talk in the game thread and vote on who to eliminate.

You win when all threats to the town are dead and at least 1 member of the town is alive.

The game thread is here, please confirm your role and alignment via pm.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

in hindsight, I think its v possible that all/the majority of scum is in those players that weren't really calling me scum but still voted me (chk, mom, bina, norfolk, mola, andre?, nm) but the only problem with that theory is that it leaves some unknowns that could still be scum but I'm willing to buy into bad town pushing me as scum b/c they were uninformed and bad.

At best
, my elimination was an 80/20 split although I think it was more like 90/10 and the only thing that I did was "scummy" was get frustrated and self-voted. OFC I expect alot of "it was ur fault u got eliminated" b/c maturity and self-reflection is something lacking from most players.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean yes the town seems terrible thus far but it might be premature to call it a town loss but I think scum has alot of scapegoats they can push as scum.

Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

MathBlade has died. He was a
Town Role Watcher
, please welcome him
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Whelp I died after replacing in and reading guess dead thread is important so that is not normal lol :P

I got no result from trying to role watch Andres
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

No mechanical impact, just a game to keep involvement up
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Gonna at least copy paste here

Gun to my head Hayker Ranny are scum and since I died Ranny is scum almost certainly since Ranny hasn’t seen bad me.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9, Mizzytastic wrote:No mechanical impact, just a game to keep involvement up
Fun! Got it!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mind telepathy VOTE HAYKER and RANNY!!!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

/me facepalms ....Like why? Omfg
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5, Nero Cain wrote:in hindsight, I think its v possible that all/the majority of scum is in those players that weren't really calling me scum but still voted me (chk, mom, bina, norfolk, mola, andre?, nm) but the only problem with that theory is that it leaves some unknowns that could still be scum but I'm willing to buy into bad town pushing me as scum b/c they were uninformed and bad.

At best
, my elimination was an 80/20 split although I think it was more like 90/10 and the only thing that I did was "scummy" was get frustrated and self-voted. OFC I expect alot of "it was ur fault u got eliminated" b/c maturity and self-reflection is something lacking from most players.
Sorry to say but your wagon is probably mostly town. It was probably a town town migration. The Hayker wagon was prolly the good one
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Andres has to have PR info.

That’s the only way he’d be this off. That maybe his PR caught scum or something because that’s left field.

Hayker absolutely should be pushed here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Vaxkiller just obvTowned!!! Go Vax!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

even if Ranny is scum...im not convinced that Hayker or Plus are scum. So assuming that those 2 are town then there's still like 3 scum on my wagon.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol, bypass is just salty and they aren't big enough to admit their mistakes.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That’s typical Bypass

Ranny is scum. I was masons with them in a game. Their meta is waaay different here. If I was alive I tunnel Hayker +Ranny. Quiet could be scum but ugh. Even Titus maybe but I don’t think she fear kills me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Plus just doesn’t care about all the noise whatever Plus’s alignment is
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Now smart!Titus and smart!Andres remember I was halfway decent with Ranny and that even if my reads are shit I can town block. If they both remember Ranny and I were masons together I think they put this together

Just Andres seems uninterested and I am like why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Good post by bypass Titus maybe scum who was convinced to fear kill me by Ranny

Hayker Ranny Titus Quiet? Viable but I am a bit nervous one could be town and just messed up on
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

1222 is a Hayker+Ranny death sentence imho
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Andres stop spamming here left town talk ffs
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Game Topics”