Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 145, Kokichi Oma wrote:And I need you to look at it from my point of view, not yours. As scum partners, why would they just vote without any thought to me? I can see what you mean from an outside view. But say you self voted for leader and he replied to you as he did to me. What would your reaction and thoughts be?
And I need you to look at it from my point of view, not yours. As scum partners, why would Dunk just vote without any thought to me? I can see what you mean from an outside view. But say you self voted for leader and Dunk replied to you as he did to me. What would your reaction and thoughts be?

@Varsoon. Better?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

UNVOTE:

I think I'm getting where you're coming from a bit more now, especially given you don't seem to think of what I was discussing as mechanics but instead independent game rhetoric. On one hand, I'm tempted to read your townread on me as appeasement (which would be in line with what you did to A50, too), but I'm also not sure scum would stick their neck out quite so far and probe with quite as many questions as you have. Mostly, right now, you just seem lost, and that doesn't feel scum to me. The amount of people giving you townreads without justifying them doesn't sit great with me, and I'll get more on that in a bit, I suppose.
In post 192, Chara wrote: Kokichi is actually my best vote for town, too, based on his string of posts. i can go into detail... later. if i feel like it.
Varsoon's behaviour towards him is really not something i agree with. i don't think Kokichi's done anything to warrant it. but it does point somewhat towards a town Varsoon.
I'd really like it if you would, because I'm not totally seeing it, myself, and I thought Kokichi's early play was awful.

@Gamma:
You said I was tunneling Kokichi despite it being, what, D1, page 5? Eat my shorts, dude.
Who do you think I should've been interacting with more, if not the guy who looked incredibly scummy AND WHO WAS VOTING ME AND SELF-VOTING FOR CONGRESS LEADER?
I can link you to at least a handful of games where I've tunneled (way harder, mind you) as town. Me tunneling and playing like shit is NAI, and this isn't even tunneling, so I'm really confused on why you're throwing so much shade.
VOTE: GammeEmerald

P-EDIT:
As I said, to build momentum towards you being leader. My reaction would be to play it cool and cheerlead myself so I could at least keep momentum and hit second place, if not first.
I imagine the only thing keeping all the scum from just backing the same candidate is that it'd be really obvious if they all piled on.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 185, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 180, Dunkerdoodles wrote:i think bujaber is town
Why? And what's your thoughts about everyone's view of us 2?
his posts dont feel like something scum would say
plus good tone
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 187, Almost50 wrote:
In post 178, Dunkerdoodles wrote:this pings scum to me
If I wasn't nice I would've said something like "shove it". Being the nice person I am I'll just say "suck it". (No offense, but if you think that was a scum post then your scum hunting skills are as good as Stevie Wonder's sight)
this is very self centered which i find is scummy but idk

if you were town you probably would've been like more idk, aggressive?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 195, brassherald wrote:
In post 177, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 91, Venmar wrote:
In post 28, brassherald wrote:
@Mod For the votes for who is to host the World Congress, are those a "one and done" vote like Delegates?
Yes. Once you cast your delegate(s) when voting for a host OR a resolution, you cannot take back the delegates that you have cast for the rest of that voting cycle.
oh
The fact that you used your vote without knowing this troubles me.

VOTE: Dunkerdoodles
im sorry geez
in my defense it's worded confusingly in the op
atleast for me
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 213, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I'm gonna try to break this down

Koki lynched d1
flips scum
Indicates Dunker could have been pushing a buddy as leader
flips town
Dunker probably genuinely trusted Koki

Dunker lynched d1
flips scum
Koki either buddy pushed as leader or town framed or thought of as a leader who would be weak
flips town
absolutely nothing on Koki

So it would make sense to flip Koki first out of those two
time to see who said the opposite, they're probably scum
btw this has nothing to do with my actual lynching plans, I think Koki is town and don't really have a read on Dunker yet
this is stupid no offense
why r u thinking 2 lynches ahead on day 1
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

agree with varsoons post above

actiondan slight scum tingles

thats all from me
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 213, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I'm gonna try to break this down

Koki lynched d1
flips scum
Indicates Dunker could have been pushing a buddy as leader
flips town
Dunker probably genuinely trusted Koki

Dunker lynched d1
flips scum
Koki either buddy pushed as leader or town framed or thought of as a leader who would be weak
flips town
absolutely nothing on Koki

So it would make sense to flip Koki first out of those two
time to see who said the opposite, they're probably scum
btw this has nothing to do with my actual lynching plans, I think Koki is town and don't really have a read on Dunker yet
Wait, why would you want to flip Koki if you think Koki is town?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Chara »

he doesn't want to lynch Kokichi. he's commenting on those who chose to vote dunker instead of Kokichi. not that i agree with his logic.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Chara »

Kokichi i saw your question, i'll respond in a bit. if i forget it's just that Almost hasn't done anything to make me want to scumread him, and even voting you despite not knowing how to read you is something he could do as town.
Varsoon: take whatever i say with a grain of salt since i've never played with scum Kokichi. this weird play is completely in line with danganronpa mafia (like they really feel identical, though this time i don't have confirmation he's town), and i think everything he's done has made
sense
from the POV of someone who is Kokichi. his appeals all feel really similar as well. i might check the scumgame he mentioned, though. Kokichi, shoot me a link to that?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 226, Varsoon wrote:
@Gamma:
You said I was tunneling Kokichi despite it being, what, D1, page 5? Eat my shorts, dude.
Who do you think I should've been interacting with more, if not the guy who looked incredibly scummy AND WHO WAS VOTING ME AND SELF-VOTING FOR CONGRESS LEADER?
I can link you to at least a handful of games where I've tunneled (way harder, mind you) as town. Me tunneling and playing like shit is NAI, and this isn't even tunneling, so I'm really confused on why you're throwing so much shade.
VOTE: GammeEmerald
Still looks like a tunnel. How did Koki look scummy to you? Why is voting you and Self-voting for leader scummy? also nice admission of OMGUS. As for why I'd expect you to address other people it's because you're not bothering to sort anyone else so it looks like you're just tunneling to look like tunneled town.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 132, Varsoon wrote:
In post 76, Venmar wrote:
In post 15, Titus wrote:
Is there a list of resolutions? Like in the base game...
A list of resolutions will be provided once a Congress Host has been selected.
What will the list look like (how much info will it contain on the actual effects of each resolution)?
As far as I understand, the winners of World Congress will get to know the effects of all the resolutions and then they'll each prop one up for everyone to publicly vote on. Is that correct?
I will post a full-list of the resolutions once a Host has been chosen. There will be a vague description for each resolution; some will apply globaly, some resolutions the Host and Runnerup will have to specify targets for. Host and Runner-up don't get to know the full-effects of the resolutions, just simply choose and specify a resolution for the rest of the game to specify on.

Also, just for clarity, a host will be chosen as soon as there is either a) A clear majority (half of playerlist +1), or b) all delegates have been cast but no majority is achieved, in which case host and runnerup are chosen by plurality.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 206, marshy wrote:what if we dont vote anyone for leader and instead nominate donald trump?
of course, you could say, and it very well is true, that this is a troll post but that's pretty dumb to not elect a leader.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by Venmar »

Votecount 1.2

[1]
Varsoon:
Gamma Emerald

[0] Nero Cain:

[0] assemblerotws:

[1]
brassherald:
Chara

[3]
Bujaber:
Klazam, Kokichi Oma, Joey_

[3]
Kokichi Oma:
Bujaber, Shaziro, Almost50

[0] creature:

[0] Chara:

[0] Elbirn:

:right:
[4]
Gamma Emerald:
ActionDan, Titus, Creature, Varsoon

[0] Klazam:

[0] Titus:

[0] Shaziro:

[0] ActionDan:

[0] Joey_:

[4]
Dunkerdoodles:
Elbirn, Nero Cain, marshy, Brassherald

[0] pidgey:

[0] jodaxq:

[1]
almost50:
Dunkerdoodles

[0] marshy:

[0] ranmaru:

Not Voting
  • Assemblerotws, pidgey, Jodaxq, ranmaru

Deadline
  • In (expired on 2018-03-16 22:30:00)
  • Friday, March 16th @10:30pm PST
Mod Notes:
  • With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.

World Congress

Voting for a Congress Host (1.2)

[0] Varsoon:

[0] Nero Cain:

[0] assemblerotws:

[0] brassherald:

[0] Bujaber:

[3]
Kokichi Oma:
Kokichi Oma, Dunkerdoodles, Joey_

[0] creature:

[0] Chara:

[2]
Elbirn:
Elbirn, Bujaber

[0] Gamma Emerald:

[1]
Klazam:
Klazam

[1]
Titus:
Titus

[0] Shaziro:

[0] ActionDan:

[0] Joey_:

[0] Dunkerdoodles:

[0] pidgey:

[0] jodaxq:

[1]
almost50:
almost50

[0] marshy:

[0] ranmaru:

Delegates Not Yet Cast:
  • Varsoon (1), Nero Cain (1), Assemblerotws (1), brassherald (1), Creature (1), Chara (1), Gamma Emerald (1), Shaziro (1), ActionDan (1), pidgey (1), Jodaxq (1), marshy (1), ranmaru (1)
[/list][/color]
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 234, Chara wrote:Kokichi i saw your question, i'll respond in a bit. if i forget it's just that Almost hasn't done anything to make me want to scumread him, and even voting you despite not knowing how to read you is something he could do as town.
Varsoon: take whatever i say with a grain of salt since i've never played with scum Kokichi. this weird play is completely in line with danganronpa mafia (like they really feel identical, though this time i don't have confirmation he's town), and i think everything he's done has made
sense
from the POV of someone who is Kokichi. his appeals all feel really similar as well. i might check the scumgame he mentioned, though. Kokichi, shoot me a link to that?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74405

I got converted to Cult like Day 4, but still I was scum the other Days.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I will admit, Varsoon's votes have felt a bit OMGUS now after that Gamma vote.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by marshy »

fos nero cain
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, so, to be sure my reading comprehension hasn't gone out the window entirely, that means that the people we vote for leader don't get any extra setup knowledge we won't get?
If so, no reason to fret too much.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 55, brassherald wrote:I didn't like Gamma's wall because I had to read too much... Liked it even less when I read it.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Did you think Gamma was likely scum due to it though? Why did you like it less when you read it?
In post 111, Creature wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Why is this? After noting Shaziro's post, can you tell me why you are being quiet this game?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Gamma Emerald wrote: Quote to notify Gamma
Hey. Talk to me about Creature. He was in The Thing Mafia but I want your input. How does his play here compare to that game?
In post 26, Varsoon wrote: <snip>

It's almost as if I insinuated you were scum and that I couldn't trust you as our leader AND that your anime gimmick is really lame--did you take that all to heart and get so peeved you had to come back swatting?

VOTE: Kokichi
Here is my question. If you felt Koki was scum, why did you choose Dunk as your vote instead of Koki at the time?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 106, marshy wrote:when do the world council stuff start?

VOTE: dunkerdoodles
Sup bro. Why did you vote Elbirn in the first post, I'm curious. Also, what's your thoughts on Creature? Who else is scum (besides Dunk since you're voting him)
In post 49, Titus wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Can we please avoid using words spuriously? Reading walls with no reads or point is very annoying.
Alright, you may feel it's annoying, but why vote Gamma instead of simply telling him to restrict that posting to a manner you feel would be better? Why are you still voting him?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 103, Almost50 wrote:3- I can actually try to play the game. Downside: I won't be able to also prepare my meal, watch TV and get ready for the shower while actually trying to play the game properly.
I want you to do this. I just came off of work and ate. You can do it too. I value your feedback so I'd rather you do this then do all the shenanigans. Just cut to the meat, please.
In post 52, ActionDan wrote:There is no town motivation for a quote wall on page 2.

Pedit. Same reasoning as titus.
I disagree. There can be, especially since the game was moving fast. Gamma's reasoning to post this way is sensible and something I would call an improvement in his play. How do you feel about Gamma now?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Shaziro »

ActionDan and Titus, thoughts on Ranmaru?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 247, Shaziro wrote:ActionDan and Titus, thoughts on Ranmaru?
Why these two in specific?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 248, Almost50 wrote:
In post 247, Shaziro wrote:ActionDan and Titus, thoughts on Ranmaru?
Why these two in specific?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”