Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:21 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 497, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 496, Shaziro wrote:you don't want to have to justify why you're unhappy with Ranmaru but fine with me doing the same thing.
ummmm I saw your point and moved on.
Not good enough, sorry.

Anyone who has not voted for a World Congress host needs to be voting Brass, as they are modconfirmed town. Do the damn thing. You literally -can't- have a stronger townread.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

u do realize that I'm not even voting Ran right? At the least you are wrong, at the most you are sheeping scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:40 am

Post by brassherald »

So, by my count, we should end up, if everyone goes along with me as host, 10 votes for me, not counting my own vote because I believe we need a tie breaker between Kokichi and Elbrin (I'm not positive about him being the other at 3, it could be a different person).

So, I am thinking I cast the vote to a runner up, and decide which we want as our secondary host. Right now, I lean more towards Elbrin than Kokichi, personally, but really, I don't want to decide on the runner up yet. We could also reserve 4 votes to make a runner up if we do not want either Elbrin or Kokichi to be the runner up.

Again, all this is assuming that people will all want me to host as the Innocent Child.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:57 am

Post by BuJaber »

Not agreeing to you is a scumclaim

But regarding runner up hold your horses. Once we have enough votes for you that you mathematically can't be beat we don't need more votes. The rest of the votes should be 4 I think which is enough for anyone to be runner up
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:05 am

Post by brassherald »

Looking at the vote count, the magic number is 6.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:14 am

Post by marshy »

ok lets go brass for leader then. i was hoping we could get someone who wasnt confirmed for the sake of info but a clear at least ensures were not being manipulated. so lets elect him and get to the vote
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Creature »

What did I miss?
Sigh
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:30 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 501, Nero Cain wrote:u do realize that I'm not even voting Ran right? At the least you are wrong, at the most you are sheeping scum.
Because you have to be -voting- somebody for bad reasons, rather than throwing shade and being inconsistent in your reasoning for that kind of thing, in order to be scum? I don't think so, I doubt anyone thinks so, even you. This honestly smacks of scum who feels they tried to be very careful with their push, throwing shade and suggesting a vote should be cast without casting their own, and is annoyed that they got called out for it because they don't think they did anything worth being caught. If I'm wrong, prove it.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 506, Creature wrote:What did I miss?
You're following your scum meta to a T and everyone is aware of it, Brass is conftown by mod, Nero is scummy imo, and you have 20 pages to read. Go fill in the gaps.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:36 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 508, Shaziro wrote:
In post 506, Creature wrote:What did I miss?
You're following your scum meta to a T and everyone is aware of it, Brass is conftown by mod, Nero is scummy imo, and you have 20 pages to read. Go fill in the gaps.
I also think Dunker is scummy still. I also really don't like this wagon on Gamma right now.

No one has had any great reasons beyond there are quote walls that don't really do anything, but I have seen Gamma before, and that seems to be something he does in general. He was VT in a game and had what I view as similar posts. When I was trying to look scummy, I could neglect to mention this to try and get a wagon on me to analyze before revealing. But, I just don't see how this does not align with what I have seen Gamma do in the past.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Titus »

@Brass, I think you should just say who the runner up should be for today. I like wagons as much as the next girl but given votes are locked and the active players have voted we could end up in a situation where town don't control it. Given you are mod confirmed town, it means only town select.

While I would prefer someone I TR, this is this best play for efficiency and to get back to scumhunting.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:47 am

Post by pidgey »

Hey, I was out of town for the weekend. But now im ready to fuck some scum up
-----------------
Sup
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:52 am

Post by brassherald »

@Elbrin, why didn't you want to host? I'm still a bit unclear on that one.

As to who the runner up should be, right now I am actually leaning towards Joey_. I wouldn't be if he hadn't dropped the gimmick, though, but really, once you get around the gimmicky stuff he was doing early on, I like the actual thoughts. I just didn't like the gimmicks.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Titus »

In post 512, brassherald wrote:@Elbrin, why didn't you want to host? I'm still a bit unclear on that one.

As to who the runner up should be, right now I am actually leaning towards Joey_. I wouldn't be if he hadn't dropped the gimmick, though, but really, once you get around the gimmicky stuff he was doing early on, I like the actual thoughts. I just didn't like the gimmicks.
Dropping gimmicks on request isn't actually townie unless it gets in the way of a specific objective. So I disagree with that.

Is there anyone wagoned you'd want to be host?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 190, Almost50 wrote:
In post 188, Gamma Emerald wrote:somewhere, nancy is pissed off.
In all honesty; I'm starting to fell sick about 75% of the players base on the site coming into games with the preconceived idea of "A50 is good at scum so he must've rolled scum in this game".

Go look at that post and tell me what exactly was scummy about it? And -if you think you know anything about me- would you say that it's 51% likely to come from town!me or scum!me? (I'm making it 51-49 for your convenience. I'd say it's more like a 70-30 or even 80-20, depending on my mood.)

In short, that post is simply A50'ish and is totally NAI to the naked eye. Only very few players can (and should) see that this is coming from town!me.
just kinda skimming the game at the moment, this kinda rubs me the wrong way as Almost50 getting annoyed for being caught by the wrong reasons.
-----------------
Sup
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 513, Titus wrote:
In post 512, brassherald wrote:@Elbrin, why didn't you want to host? I'm still a bit unclear on that one.

Dropping gimmicks on request isn't actually townie unless it gets in the way of a specific objective. So I disagree with that.

Is there anyone wagoned you'd want to be host?
Of the current wagons, Elbirn, though I don't want to make Elbirn the runner up if he has a good reason not to want it. Also, sorry for misspelling your name earlier Elbirn.

I'm against a choice of Kokichi. I wouldn't have a fit if enough people wanted you. No one else really has a wagon.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:07 am

Post by brassherald »

It's probably easiest for me to list the people I am flat out against making the runner up.

Kokichi, Dunker, Almost50, and Creature.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:10 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 267, Klazam wrote:
In post 262, BuJaber wrote: However his deep role play is making it harder to understand what he means as it pertains to the mafia game. As in I have to work harder to translate it into what he means in terms of mafia mechanics. Like if he were to just speak like he would in a normal game his posts will make more sense. I am trying not to let that affect my perception but could that be AI?
Still happy with my vote. This looks like shade slinging to me.

Not comfortable with the posting of Kokichi, but im not sure exactly what its about.

I was thinking about host's duties, I'm not 100% sure it matters on D1 who gets the host position. It matters much more about what they do with that position, because the specific actions that person takes probably will be able to be read into on later days with flips in mind. From what i understand of the mechanics, having a strong mechanically inclined mind in the host position isnt necessary because the information is public information, and the full town can have input on that.
Dont really like the forming of an opinion on kokichi but not really commiting to it in here. Seems a little weird.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:12 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 269, Ranmaru wrote: TOWN [Ranmaru > Chara > Joey > Marshy > Titus > Varsoon > Action Dan > Shaziro | Dunk > Almost50 > Kokichi > Gamma > Brass > Klazam > Buja > Joda > Pidgey > Assemble | Elbirn > Creature > Nero Cane] SCUM
Thanks for the free read on a guy you have never played with. But this might make you town since town is the only one who feels they need an opinion on EVERYONE.
-----------------
Sup
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 505, marshy wrote:ok lets go brass for leader then. i was hoping we could get someone who wasnt confirmed for the sake of info but a clear at least ensures were not being manipulated. so lets elect him and get to the vote
Backup host is still a thing.

@Brass, I recommend you pick one of the people talked about as leader for reactions. Say I'm considering X just to get reactions.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 am

Post by brassherald »

Okay, let's discuss Elbirn.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Titus »

In post 518, pidgey wrote:
In post 269, Ranmaru wrote: TOWN [Ranmaru > Chara > Joey > Marshy > Titus > Varsoon > Action Dan > Shaziro | Dunk > Almost50 > Kokichi > Gamma > Brass > Klazam > Buja > Joda > Pidgey > Assemble | Elbirn > Creature > Nero Cane] SCUM
Thanks for the free read on a guy you have never played with. But this might make you town since town is the only one who feels they need an opinion on EVERYONE.
That's frankly not true at all. Scum feel pressured to have content where it is too early all the time. It's an easier way to catch them.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 520, brassherald wrote:Okay, let's discuss Elbirn.
He's a decent second, smart and I work well with him.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I could see Ran as town with a red Chara.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Elbrin doesn't want to be host (and I assume 2nd place too). Varsoon?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”