Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 572, pidgey wrote:Also im lame
Wich part?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 am

Post by pidgey »

Vote: Klazam

I got the scum boys
-----------------
Sup
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

good vote
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:08 am

Post by brassherald »

Since my post seems to have been lost to the internet ether. Kokichi is both a scumlean for me and in my view, a bit of a wild card. Even if he was townlean from me, I don't want someone who is as unpredictable as I have seen him be.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:09 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 572, pidgey wrote:WHY DID NO ONE TOLD ME BRASS WAS CONF TOWN WHILE I WAS REREADING.

Sorry should have made you host.

Now I get why you are mad at me, and now I get not to make votes or posts before fully catching up.

Also im lame
I mean, I didn't mention it because I thought you would finish reading before making a vote you cannot withdraw.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 542, Titus wrote:
In post 532, pidgey wrote:HEAL: Titus I have a good feeling about this slot.
Why? I just questioned you, you random vote to heal me while hardly engaging my substance.
In post 498, Klazam wrote:I like how shaziro approached that. Also BuJaber's post on the host thing is goodposting.

Leaving vote there, though.
Like, I know i kinda went AFK for 2 days so i suck, but why do posts like these have not tingled anyone?
-----------------
Sup
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 574, Nero Cain wrote:
Gamma, you have no idea how to play mafia, so plz keep your opinions to yourself. You literally don't know how to play. You had to be taught by Titus. Enough said.
viewtopic.php?p=9275497#p9275497
Ouch why are you quoting this?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 580, pidgey wrote:
In post 542, Titus wrote:
In post 532, pidgey wrote:HEAL: Titus I have a good feeling about this slot.
Why? I just questioned you, you random vote to heal me while hardly engaging my substance.
In post 498, Klazam wrote:I like how shaziro approached that. Also BuJaber's post on the host thing is goodposting.

Leaving vote there, though.
Like, I know i kinda went AFK for 2 days so i suck, but why do posts like these have not tingled anyone?
It was pinging me a bit as well, I've been more concerned about the runner up on hosting than that, but I remember seeing that and going "Weird"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Brass
-Are you town reading Titus? I'm not really against her being the backup either.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 581, Titus wrote:
In post 574, Nero Cain wrote:
Gamma, you have no idea how to play mafia, so plz keep your opinions to yourself. You literally don't know how to play. You had to be taught by Titus. Enough said.
viewtopic.php?p=9275497#p9275497
Ouch why are you quoting this?
just to annoy the fuck out of Gamma.

pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 am

Post by pidgey »

Sorry, didnt mean to quote the titus post in that last one.

Brass- My apologies then. I never thought we would have one of those.

Regarding the kokichi slot, its pretty flamboyant and risky as scum to go so out of the way to put attention to oneself. Im pretty sure I dont want that slot in the endgame, but I can easily live with having him around today at least. I dont really have a big read since he has posted a ton and I kinda skimmed his posts, but at worst he makes the game interesting and will give us great material if he flips scum later, and at best he is town and is just being risky.

I will still reread him later on tonight.

Im at work being a bad worker, getting paid to play mafia.
-----------------
Sup
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Chara »

i took a lot at Kokichi's scumgame earlier. i'm not great at metaing games i'm not in, but from this game i do like Kokichi. don't really feel towncasing someone not up for lynch, and i like Titus or Kokichi for secondary host.

HEAL: brass

i forget how to do larges. or why i joined this.

can players townreading Varsoon talk to me about that? i think i've gotten somewhat capable of finding town Varsoon, but i've never seen scum him and i can't find what i like from Varsoon's towngame. the focus on Elbirn is bugging me, and i don't know if i buy his confidence or how he came to the conclusion.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:18 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 583, Nero Cain wrote:
Brass
-Are you town reading Titus? I'm not really against her being the backup either.
I'd say a solid town lean on the slot from me. Also, she seems to be pretty level headed and not against being a leader, two qualities I cannot say that the other two choices have.

Reviewing her iso makes me feel better about a choice of her as runner up.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Chara »

#Shaziro for world president.

don't know if scum Nero votes me like he did. he might not have as much experience with me recently as i'm thinking, though.
i get a townfeel from his general abrasiveness even if i don't like most of his reads. maybe not the best measure. i should put more actual effort in.

i really don't think Kokichi is as big of a liability as you're all making him out to be. but i'm townreading both him and Titus and, and i know Titus can make a decision that won't suck.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 am

Post by marshy »

In post 588, Chara wrote:don't know if scum Nero votes me like he did. he might not have as much experience with me recently as i'm thinking, though.
i get a townfeel from his general abrasiveness even if i don't like most of his reads. maybe not the best measure. i should put more actual effort in.
smh

even if nero is town in this game im pretty damn certain he would go for this playstyle as scum

Fixed broken quote tag ~M
Last edited by Maestro on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:30 am

Post by marshy »

In post 563, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 491, marshy wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain

scummy. no town player goes after ranmaru for their vote/main focus at this junction of the game. almost50 can still go as well
eh wot m8
I've kinda been concerned of buddying from Ran so idk
are you scum this game or just being incredibly bad?

the difference between town ran and scum ran is as clear as night and day. as scum he posts halfassed attempts going nowhere and has none of his characteristic bravado. you should kno this by now and onto the scumlist you go for terrible thoughts

fos gamma
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 538, pidgey wrote:
I felt that way a bit about Gamma at first, but the more I read him, the more I also realized he is the perfect candidate to FOS and not get heat from doing that. He'splaying like the typical guy you can leave a vote on and not get attacked for it. So I dunno, I think he might be lynch bait for D1.
I'm really curious what you see that makes you think he's D1 lynchbait. Can you go more into that? I think he's playing what he feels is a competent game, but I don't really see it as a town game. B-sides, I've also caught some votes afterwards, too, so I think I've gotten a little heat for my meat.

In post 572, pidgey wrote:WHY DID NO ONE TOLD ME BRASS WAS CONF TOWN WHILE I WAS REREADING.

Now I get why you are mad at me, and now I get not to make votes or posts before fully catching up.

Also im lame
Yeah, if only someone like the mod made a post about it. I'd be more critical if Venmar had sent out a PM about this game-changing revelation (not common for ICs confirming, though) or, at least, updated the first post to reflect Brass' IC status. Still, dude, why were you making UNCHANGABLE VOTES before a full catchup?

Also:
@Brass:
I get you were going for a slayer's gambit, but did you get any worthwhile info from it? What do you feel about Joey's constant pushes at your crumbing? Also, why not just reveal IC earlier in a game where people can't take back their world congress votes? I'd say you're fine with how you played it, but, obviously, players can still vote differently and feign IC ignorance because they were 'catching up'.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Have Gamma and Ran even played together before?

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:33 am

Post by marshy »

people who can go

nero
gamma
almost50
klazam
creature

im town ama
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Chara »

marshy, how are you reading Nero now?

now that i think about our games together, i'm pretty sure my last game with Nero was on my Not Chara account, so i can't exactly count on scum Nero knowing my current meta.

should everyone who knows Ran have him conftown by now? i certainly don't know him, but the game hasn't been on for that long.

pedit: i assumed marshy had played with both Gamma and Ran together a few times. otherwise that does make no sense. :>
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 593, marshy wrote:people who can go

nero
gamma
almost50
klazam
creature

im town ama
why is this a list of popular wagons only?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 591, Varsoon wrote:
I felt that way a bit about Gamma at first, but the more I read him, the more I also realized he is the perfect candidate to FOS and not get heat from doing that. He'splaying like the typical guy you can leave a vote on and not get attacked for it. So I dunno, I think he might be lynch bait for D1.
I'm really curious what you see that makes you think he's D1 lynchbait. Can you go more into that? I think he's playing what he feels is a competent game, but I don't really see it as a town game. B-sides, I've also caught some votes afterwards, too, so I think I've gotten a little heat for my meat.

Also im lame
Yeah, if only someone like the mod made a post about it. I'd be more critical if Venmar had sent out a PM about this game-changing revelation (not common for ICs confirming, though) or, at least, updated the first post to reflect Brass' IC status. Still, dude, why were you making UNCHANGABLE VOTES before a full catchup?

Also:
@Brass:
I get you were going for a slayer's gambit, but did you get any worthwhile info from it? What do you feel about Joey's constant pushes at your crumbing? Also, why not just reveal IC earlier in a game where people can't take back their world congress votes? I'd say you're fine with how you played it, but, obviously, players can still vote differently and feign IC ignorance because they were 'catching up'.
I think I found a scum in Dunkerdoodles. I'm not sure on Joey, really. But I did get a few town reads from it.

I was also toying very early with just revealing and saying "Make me host"
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 am

Post by pidgey »

In post 591, Varsoon wrote:

Also im lame
1. Well fuck me. I just realized I confused chara with gamma. Those comments were about Chara actually. Regarding gamma, he does seem a bit weird. I dont like a lot of his posts if im being honest, but my actualy vote is a much stronger scum read. He has posted a ton, but nothing has said town, and some of what he has posted rubs me the wrong way. (I know, im dumb. It happens after 3 years of not playing and hardly knowing the player base. But hey, gamma and chara sound alike a bit, screw me)

2. Because Im dumb and I like to catch up to games this way. I usually just skim the thread and start writing some random thoughts or fishy stuff. Ive only seen an innocent child once I think. Nver really thought we would have one of those in this one! Im sorry, like I said Im lame.
-----------------
Sup
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 564, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@MOD what is the specific differences between each position?
In post 2, Venmar wrote:Every day, the playerbase will vote amongst themselves who among them should be the Host of the World Congress. The Host gets an additional delegate for the day, and gets to choose a resolution from a list for the playerbase to vote on. The player with the second highest amount of votes for Host will choose a second resolution to vote for.
The Host receives an additional delegate (2 total delegates on Day 1) that they can assign to
support
or
oppose
World Congress resolutions like any other player. They also choose one of the two resolutions up for debate during an in-game Day's session of the World Congress. The runner-up only gets to choose a second resolution, and does not receive additional delegate(s). The World Congress functions almost exactly as it does in-game; as the game progresses, the Host will be given more additional delegates for
supporting
or
opposing
World Congress resolutions.

VC in a little while...
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades