Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 621, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Pidgy

Explain why you picked Tutus over the confirmed Town slot.
Ummm. I don't like this post or the post after this.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 623, pidgey wrote:And yeh i know mu allignment, its green. Probably unlike yours
I was townleaning Pidgey, but this post looks so faked. Sigh.

How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 632, Joey_ wrote:Kokichi, nero, shazam are imo close to be lock town and don’t underestimate kokichi, hes a good player
1. Thanks for the compliment, you're a good player too.

2. If you think I'm a good player, how do you know I'm not tricking you right now? What makes you wanna have me as "lock town"
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 652, brassherald wrote:
In post 651, Varsoon wrote:
@Brass:
Dunno if you got back to me or whatever, but did you figure anything out from your attempt at gambiting around IC? iirc you didn't have anything conclusive, but I could be wrong and also you've had more time to think on it now.
I did respond, but, I really think Dunker is scum.

I also got a few town reads from it, but not as much as I was hoping. I do think revealing with the World Congress still up for grabs ended up being a better play than anything I was able to do with my gambit, though.
For the record as to why I didn't scumread you when you were doing your gambit thing. When I caught you as scum last game, you had a few particular tells, which you didn't express so far this game. So there was no reason to scumread you at the time.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by ActionDan »

28 pages is fun.

I'll deal with this game, tomorrow sometime, when it's bound to hit 40
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 669, Varsoon wrote:Any town that we make leader would be a likely NK target, Kokichi. All the same, any host we put up might be able to pull protectives, too.
If we have an innocent child, then it's likely mafia have a strong arm. And what would be better. Having one of the IC and World leader alive. Or having them be the same person and die.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 674, brassherald wrote:
In post 671, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 578, brassherald wrote:Since my post seems to have been lost to the internet ether. Kokichi is both a scumlean for me and in my view, a bit of a wild card. Even if he was townlean from me, I don't want someone who is as unpredictable as I have seen him be.
Now I'm glad you'll likely be N1'd. I've caught you when you were obvious scum before. Do you find my game different than the one you replaced out of when I caught you as scum?
Yes that's part of my issue here. You were town there.

And please don't imply that I replaced out because of you. If you read the dead thread you know why I replaced
Never said you replaced out because of me. And how is that part of the issue???? I was town and I caught scum??
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think it's more likely that there's just multiple NKs present.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Brass is saying he doesn't want me to be leader because I've caught scum before. Coming from the guy who uses the IC shot day 1 when it would be much better for it to be used in later days.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 675, Kokichi Oma wrote:

I don't like your post not liking my post.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 682, Varsoon wrote:I think it's more likely that there's just multiple NKs present.
It's possible, I could see a SK actually. I'm not too sold on 2 mafia, and I don't think it's really needed to be discussed right now until we see night kills.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 676, Kokichi Oma wrote:I was townleaning Pidgey, but this post looks so faked. Sigh.
So, how do you like that post of mine now?? :P

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 684, Almost50 wrote:
In post 675, Kokichi Oma wrote:

I don't like your post not liking my post.
Well, you've confirmed yourself that you can't read me, so maybe that's a good thing that you don't like it (if you are town). :P
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 686, Almost50 wrote:
In post 676, Kokichi Oma wrote:I was townleaning Pidgey, but this post looks so faked. Sigh.
So, how do you like that post of mine now?? :P
I still think Pidgey is townish slightly, one post won't change that. As for you, I don't know what my read on you yet is. I think Chara is town so I will rely on her for a read on you since she knows you well.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 680, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 669, Varsoon wrote:Any town that we make leader would be a likely NK target, Kokichi. All the same, any host we put up might be able to pull protectives, too.
If we have an innocent child, then it's likely mafia have a strong arm. And what would be better. Having one of the IC and World leader alive. Or having them be the same person and die.
I tried to convince people to vote for me earlier, but it was just like if I was speaking Chinese! :?

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by brassherald »

Okay Kokichi is town, he's being just as unbearable as ever now. That's what I saw in the past that I hadn't seen here
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 690, brassherald wrote:Okay Kokichi is town, he's being just as unbearable as ever now. That's what I saw in the past that I hadn't seen here
Unbearable? How? I'm just trying to be truthful.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 685, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 682, Varsoon wrote:I think it's more likely that there's just multiple NKs present.
It's possible, I could see a SK actually. I'm not too sold on 2 mafia, and I don't think it's really needed to be discussed right now until we see night kills.
I've explained why it's important to consider right now.

I think the setup is either: 14-3-3-1 (bulletproof SK, lots of town power, protectives in scum/town), 15-3-3, or 15-2-2-2 or something similar to that.

Not a huge fan of you undermining the IC.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As a mod who's run IC in my games, I think the best IC shot is as early as possible, especially in multiball.
The longer you sit on it, the higher your chance of it being a completely useless or even NEGATIVE UTILITY role (if you are killed). I've seen town vig shoot an un-used IC.
Having the IC out on D1 helps town co-ordinate PR use far better than any benefit scum get from it. Furthermore, it gives us a leg-up when it comes to early World Congress.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by brassherald »

Since the host also gets extra delegates, it's better to give those to a town this likely going to die than a possible scum who lives.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by brassherald »

Also, some people can be honest without being a douchebag. I don't think you can, Kokichi.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I think the World Congress is a much more elegant mechanic in multiball as well, because it could really cause some kills to both end up on world leaders that are town.
I'm curious how much thought Venmar put into it, hm.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 677, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 632, Joey_ wrote:Kokichi, nero, shazam are imo close to be lock town and don’t underestimate kokichi, hes a good player
1. Thanks for the compliment, you're a good player too.

2. If you think I'm a good player, how do you know I'm not tricking you right now? What makes you wanna have me as "lock town"
My compliment was directed at your town play specifically because some people have been arguing that while you are town, they dont want you as WL because unpredictable etc yada. I think you are town because you are invested, engaged and we basically had the same reads for reads for about the first 10 pages. The Chara, Titus TR, Varsoon SR for the same post at the same time, Baju SR etc. The only thing i disagreed with you early on was about creature and it's not because i don't think he's scum, it's because i refuse to vote for someone who didn't give enough content. Take my townread as a HUGE mirror tell.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 695, brassherald wrote:Also, some people can be honest without being a douchebag. I don't think you can, Kokichi.
Apologies if I hurt your feelings, wasn't the intention. Do you forgive me?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 690, brassherald wrote:Okay Kokichi is town, he's being just as unbearable as ever now. That's what I saw in the past that I hadn't seen here
He's right too, putting all our eggs in the same basket increase the value of the night kills. IMO, if you are alive tomorow, you should completely take control over the Delegates and try to maximises the amount of delegates on the most obvious town -> If most delegates are controled by town, it will take a long time before mafia can like, reduce the amount of town-controlled delegates versus if we have 2 leaders with 60% and 40% of the delegates.

Im not sure if im being clear, but i can further explain if you want

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”