Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Joey_ »

If we nominate a town block of about 5-6 people who will receives the most of the delegates for the coming days, if they get killed off they will keep somewhat of a head-start to keep the snowball effect, so town can get more delegates to give it to town and so on. It keeps the WL and 2nd runner up at least in town hands (if we have half decent reads, its not hard to find 4-5 obvious town slot in a 20p setup)
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 698, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 695, brassherald wrote:Also, some people can be honest without being a douchebag. I don't think you can, Kokichi.
Apologies if I hurt your feelings, wasn't the intention. Do you forgive me?
No my feelings aren't hurt. I'm just calling it as I see it. I'd rather have someone be a douche and tell me the truth than be nice and lie to me, but there are some people who I will absolutely scum read if they don't do the first. Don't sugarcoat stuff, but I'm fully going to use that for my reads
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

No, Joey, you don't understand
If there ARE multiple teams and more than one of them tries to kill Brass, then we end up with less dead town than we would have otherwise.
Alternatively, scum avoid Brass, which makes it more likely that they cross-kill and easier for us to win.
Making Brass world leader is pretty much a win/win. Only way it doesn't work out is if
1. The setup isn't multiball, but I've already outlined why it's got to be unless we're screwed when it comes to world congress anyway
2. The different teams/SK manage to all co-ordinate such that only one kill ends up on Brass.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 700, Joey_ wrote:If we nominate a town block of about 5-6 people who will receives the most of the delegates for the coming days, if they get killed off they will keep somewhat of a head-start to keep the snowball effect, so town can get more delegates to give it to town and so on. It keeps the WL and 2nd runner up at least in town hands (if we have half decent reads, its not hard to find 4-5 obvious town slot in a 20p setup)
Also why assuming multiball is important because it entirely changes what you can reasonably townread someone for.
Normally, the difference between scum faking scumhunting versus town actually doing it can be pretty easy to pick up on, but in multiball, scum is legitimately hunting scum, so a lot of the ways you'd read alignment from players doesn't work the same.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 702, Varsoon wrote:No, Joey, you don't understand
If there ARE multiple teams and more than one of them tries to kill Brass, then we end up with less dead town than we would have otherwise.
Alternatively, scum avoid Brass, which makes it more likely that they cross-kill and easier for us to win.
Making Brass world leader is pretty much a win/win. Only way it doesn't work out is if
1. The setup isn't multiball, but I've already outlined why it's got to be unless we're screwed when it comes to world congress anyway
2. The different teams/SK manage to all co-ordinate such that only one kill ends up on Brass.
I don't think that number 2 is that unlikely to happen even if they dont coordinate and its just by chance. Also theres the obvious off-chance that only one of those team have the "tools" to assure that brass is getting killed (strongarm) which means that said team will probably be the only one trying to make the kill, anyway i understand your point but it wasn't really what i was trying to get to.

I wanted to find a way to keep the delegates in town hands by electing a block to receives the delegates day after day
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 703, Varsoon wrote:
In post 700, Joey_ wrote:If we nominate a town block of about 5-6 people who will receives the most of the delegates for the coming days, if they get killed off they will keep somewhat of a head-start to keep the snowball effect, so town can get more delegates to give it to town and so on. It keeps the WL and 2nd runner up at least in town hands (if we have half decent reads, its not hard to find 4-5 obvious town slot in a 20p setup)
Also why assuming multiball is important because it entirely changes what you can reasonably townread someone for.
Normally, the difference between scum faking scumhunting versus town actually doing it can be pretty easy to pick up on, but in multiball, scum is legitimately hunting scum, so a lot of the ways you'd read alignment from players doesn't work the same.
100% agreed, I don't play much large and i have very poor meta about the big setups so ill just take the possibility in my mind from now on
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

holy crap this exploded

catching up
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 474, brassherald wrote:
In post 473, BuJaber wrote:
In post 472, brassherald wrote:
In post 471, BuJaber wrote:Even right now why didn't you just say yes I claim mason.. Would be really interesting. Missed a great way to catch scum in whoever you claim as your mason partner.
That's a great point. Poor play on my part.

Well anyway are you still happy with your vote on A50 or was that part of appearing scummy?
Actually, I am not super happy with it.

VOTE: Dunkerdoodles

I don't get why he thinks that Gamma was worse than what he called a scum claim. Explain, Dunker.
"scumclaim" is me being sarcastic.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 704, Joey_ wrote:
I don't think that number 2 is that unlikely to happen even if they dont coordinate and its just by chance. Also theres the obvious off-chance that only one of those team have the "tools" to assure that brass is getting killed (strongarm) which means that said team will probably be the only one trying to make the kill, anyway i understand your point but it wasn't really what i was trying to get to.

I wanted to find a way to keep the delegates in town hands by electing a block to receives the delegates day after day
So what? We force a prisoner's dilemma situation on scum.
If one happens to have a strongarm/strongman, then it's very likely not unlimited use, so them having to burn a use just to get rid of our IC sounds like a win to me.

I do think that we can keep delegates in town hands, but the best place to start is with the confirmed town player, no?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 526, Gamma Emerald wrote: Cutting this early because I want responses
@Dunker/Nero: are you voting me for my ?
no
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I do feel Dunker is an easy vote. Dunker hasn't done anything townie at all. But, I would like to get this WC thing figured out first.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 571, pidgey wrote:
In post 486, Venmar wrote:
Brassherald has revealed himself as an
Innocent Child!
He is guaranteed to be aligned with town.
o wow

Im an idiot
In post 572, pidgey wrote:WHY DID NO ONE TOLD ME BRASS WAS CONF TOWN WHILE I WAS REREADING.

Sorry should have made you host.

Now I get why you are mad at me, and now I get not to make votes or posts before fully catching up.

Also im lame
towny
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 708, Varsoon wrote:
In post 704, Joey_ wrote:

So what? We force a prisoner's dilemma situation on scum.
If one happens to have a strongarm/strongman, then it's very likely not unlimited use, so them having to burn a use just to get rid of our IC sounds like a win to me.

I do think that we can keep delegates in town hands, but the best place to start is with the confirmed town player, no?
Prison dilemna yea, and yes/no about the confirmed town player. We have to make sure brass is WL but with the least amount of votes needed (in the future)
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i dont like how quickly klazam wagon formed
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 652, brassherald wrote:
In post 651, Varsoon wrote:
@Brass:
Dunno if you got back to me or whatever, but did you figure anything out from your attempt at gambiting around IC? iirc you didn't have anything conclusive, but I could be wrong and also you've had more time to think on it now.
I did respond, but, I really think Dunker is scum.

I also got a few town reads from it, but not as much as I was hoping. I do think revealing with the World Congress still up for grabs ended up being a better play than anything I was able to do with my gambit, though.
can u explain why u scumread me so i can defend myself
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 654, Joey_ wrote:
@Brass:
Dunno if you got back to me or whatever, but did you figure anything out from your attempt at gambiting around IC? iirc you didn't have anything conclusive, but I could be wrong and also you've had more time to think on it now.

I also got a few town reads from it, but not as much as I was hoping. I do think revealing with the World Congress still up for grabs ended up being a better play than anything I was able to do with my gambit, though.
My 2 cents : Dunkers a well known lynch bait and his flip won't make a difference to the game, i suggest you try to poke and flip more active/readable players
um excuse me but i'd like to think im somewhat not lynchbait anymore
please go look at my recent games if u think that
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm glad it stalled hard so that we could figure out World Leader votes. I'm critical of Marshy for trying to make it gain a lot of momentum--moreso because, in multiball, he wouldn't have as much of team to propel it. If anyone's scum on that wagon, I'm thinking it's him. That said, if it's multiball, there's a good chance that Klazam is just scum anyway and could be a different team than Marshy, so I'll still take the Klazam lynch because it's better info.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 715, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 654, Joey_ wrote:
@Brass:

My 2 cents : Dunkers a well known lynch bait and his flip won't make a difference to the game, i suggest you try to poke and flip more active/readable players
um excuse me but i'd like to think im somewhat not lynchbait anymore
please go look at my recent games if u think that
Well this is pretty recent and you are getting fosed left and right, you also gave you permanent delegate first thing into the game so i disagree, you are still lynchbait (in case youre town here)
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

my meta is not lynchbait anymore is what im saying
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 718, Dunkerdoodles wrote:my meta is not lynchbait anymore is what im saying
Hm okay, what im saying is that you are lynchbait this game
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 719, Joey_ wrote:
In post 718, Dunkerdoodles wrote:my meta is not lynchbait anymore is what im saying
why am i lynchbait this game and not just scum?
VOTE: joey
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 714, Dunkerdoodles wrote:can u explain why u scumread me so i can defend myself
this post reads like something someone would say to make fun of a scum player attempting to get a case they can then defend against without coming right out and saying it.
it's beautifully meta, and i almost don't want to scumread it.

i think Dunker not doing much to be considered towny is a great reason to wagon him, honestly.
Klazam for the same reason, though i could say there are aspects of Klazam's posting i'd call scummy rather than simply "not towny".

pedit: are you townreading Dunker, Joey?
peditx2: haha.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

that post is very confusing
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 720, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 719, Joey_ wrote:
why am i lynchbait this game and not just scum?
VOTE: joey
Jeez, like i said in case you are town. Do i need to be extremely explicit every single post that im calling you lynchbait assuming youre town?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

yeah ok that's fair

but do you scumread me or townread me (cause im "lynchbait")

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”