Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Chara »

Shaziro: that's an Almost tell. sort of a towntell but something he could do as scum, no problem, provided he came up with the claim in advance. Almost does all sorts of things with his crumbs and it's almost always some sort of harebrained scheme.
where exactly did i mirror your thoughts? Varsoon did bring up scumteam coordination, that's where i got the idea about the kills.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 749, Almost50 wrote:@Chara: OK...

UNVOTE:

Who do you think I should vote? (Hint: Not you, Nero, Dunker or ran)
how much are you townreading me?

first, tell me why not Dunker. i don't have any good scumreads yet. :>
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 738, marshy wrote: the point of a wagon is to lynch or create pressure. yes i want to put momentum towards it so something can HAPPEN in this game and generate more info/reads

besides

>joins me on wagon
>makes a CASE for the wagon
>shits on the guy who started it

lol @ this guy
Hahaha, please don't try to greentext here, it's unbecoming.
Oh, didn't realize you were voting there before me, thought you put a vote down and did the whole choo choo thing after I voted.
Still, I'm mostly criticizing the whole choo-choo momentum thing. I even was asking to stall it at the time, remember?
I'm all for Klazam as scum, as I said, but I also think that, given multiball, I should be critical of you as well.
Like, if Klazam flips and is on one team, you could easily be on the other, and it'd make plenty of sense for you to want to jam through the wagon if one of your teammates was currently doing well in the World Congress, too.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 739, Shaziro wrote:I can’t decide if Varsoon’s recent contributions feel more like town trying to analyze, or scum that has at minimum a pretty good idea that it is multiball and is trying to communicate to the other team.

Thoughts from my townread friends?
Oh, lol, if I wanted to communicate to the other scumteam, I wouldn't be subtle, I'd just be like:

Red team, don't kill the IC--we're taking care of that.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Klazam »

In post 580, pidgey wrote:
In post 542, Titus wrote:
In post 532, pidgey wrote:HEAL: Titus I have a good feeling about this slot.
Why? I just questioned you, you random vote to heal me while hardly engaging my substance.
In post 498, Klazam wrote:I like how shaziro approached that. Also BuJaber's post on the host thing is goodposting.

Leaving vote there, though.
Like, I know i kinda went AFK for 2 days so i suck, but why do posts like these have not tingled anyone?

how are these two posts related?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 753, Varsoon wrote:
In post 739, Shaziro wrote:I can’t decide if Varsoon’s recent contributions feel more like town trying to analyze, or scum that has at minimum a pretty good idea that it is multiball and is trying to communicate to the other team.

Oh, lol, if I wanted to communicate to the other scumteam, I wouldn't be subtle, I'd just be like:

good one
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

chara do u tr or sr me
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by marshy »

In post 752, Varsoon wrote:
In post 738, marshy wrote: the point of a wagon is to lynch or create pressure. yes i want to put momentum towards it so something can HAPPEN in this game and generate more info/reads

besides

>joins me on wagon
>makes a CASE for the wagon
>shits on the guy who started it

lol @ this guy
Hahaha, please don't try to greentext here, it's unbecoming.
Oh, didn't realize you were voting there before me, thought you put a vote down and did the whole choo choo thing after I voted.
Still, I'm mostly criticizing the whole choo-choo momentum thing. I even was asking to stall it at the time, remember?
I'm all for Klazam as scum, as I said, but I also think that, given multiball, I should be critical of you as well.
Like, if Klazam flips and is on one team, you could easily be on the other, and it'd make plenty of sense for you to want to jam through the wagon if one of your teammates was currently doing well in the World Congress, too.
i just dont see whats scummy about calling for votes on a wagon of someone you want to see get more pressure and/or lynched. i can b a pretty bombastic player so perhaps youre just weirded out by my loud call for votes. that said i can at least agree that people shouldnt be cleared for scumlynches by itself considering the multiball thing
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 756, Dunkerdoodles wrote:chara do u tr or sr me
i feel as though it should be obvious i don't townread you, but i suppose my last post on the subject was rather vague.
i'd be fine with a wagon on you.

Varsoon: i appreciate the explanation and the numbers.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 751, Chara wrote:
In post 749, Almost50 wrote:@Chara: OK...

UNVOTE:

Who do you think I should vote? (Hint: Not you, Nero, Dunker or ran)
how much are you townreading me?

first, tell me why not Dunker. i don't have any good scumreads yet. :>
Considering I only have 4 TRs, aside from brass.. not hard enough I'm afraid. I have ran as my top TR, followed by Nero, the you and Dunker share 3rd spot.

I can't explain my reads yet (apart from ran) so let's call them gut reads until I get to rereading stuff.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 574, Nero Cain wrote:
Gamma, you have no idea how to play mafia, so plz keep your opinions to yourself. You literally don't know how to play. You had to be taught by Titus. Enough said.
viewtopic.php?p=9275497#p9275497
LOL just cos I took something from her doesn't mean she taught me, I don't think she was in any of my games for a bit of time. I learned by failing pretty much.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 584, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 581, Titus wrote:
In post 574, Nero Cain wrote:
Gamma, you have no idea how to play mafia, so plz keep your opinions to yourself. You literally don't know how to play. You had to be taught by Titus. Enough said.
viewtopic.php?p=9275497#p9275497
Ouch why are you quoting this?
just to annoy the fuck out of Gamma.
Well I'm not annoyed, in fact I didn't realize that post existed until you brought it up again.
in addendum to my last post, if I'd say someone did teach me how to play it would be Infinity324, with Ranmaru as a second.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Shaziro »

And this could 100% be you taking the chance to communicate “as a joke”. Gross. If you’re town this is at best being purposefully antagonistic towards my ability to read you, and anti-town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nothing is scummy about jockeying for votes on a wagon normally, but it could be, circumstantially, and definitely in the face of making the IC world congress leader.
But you get my point, yeah?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 762, Shaziro wrote:

And this could 100% be you taking the chance to communicate “as a joke”. Gross. If you’re town this is at best being purposefully antagonistic towards my ability to read you, and anti-town.
OR IF I AM TOWN I JUST ENSURED RED TEAM WON'T SHOOT AT OUR IC I THINK THAT'S PRETTY USEFUL MAYBE

Jesus, Shaz, get with the program.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Klazam »

k im caught up.

I was planning to actively lurk til the game gets down to manageable numbers, Im utterly unused to larges. Obviously thats a no go at this point, my apologies. <also i have a different sleep schedule, so i always have like 10 pages to catch up on upon waking, but that aint a excuse.>

Addressing the reason why i left my vote on Bu- it was twinging me as sorta scummy in his posting, one goodpost doesnt erase that. I know i dont have that much of substance here, but thats how i feel here. (and still feel the same way.)

Liking Varsoon a lot at this point. The multiball analysis seems solid from a setup spec pov to me. Regarding the "communicating with the other team" point somebody brought up, thats stupid tbh. no reason to paint a target on his own head if he was scum.

Brass and Titus is my vote for the hosts. Me selfnomming myself for host was a stupid move, I wish i could change my vote, oh well. It was RVS, and i was just going with the flow after the Kokichi stuff.

Someone, dont recall who, mentioned me being preoccupied with host votes? Its kinda important to get that resolved soon. On the other hand, I think i misread the stuff related with delegate- I didnt realize that the extra host delegate was permanent. That obviously changes the math. Otherwise, I was thinking that the town could just hang a host that was obviously acting out of line with no real repercussions.

Direct questions to me about stuff, i can address easily. As for my opnion to the rest, IDK man.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 590, marshy wrote:
In post 563, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 491, marshy wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain

scummy. no town player goes after ranmaru for their vote/main focus at this junction of the game. almost50 can still go as well
eh wot m8
I've kinda been concerned of buddying from Ran so idk
are you scum this game or just being incredibly bad?

the difference between town ran and scum ran is as clear as night and day. as scum he posts halfassed attempts going nowhere and has none of his characteristic bravado. you should kno this by now and onto the scumlist you go for terrible thoughts

fos gamma
That's great, problem is I've only seen them as scum once so I have less to go on, so please keep in mind who you're talking to
Unless you want to enlighten me that they were scum in Crossover
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 594, Chara wrote:marshy, how are you reading Nero now?

now that i think about our games together, i'm pretty sure my last game with Nero was on my Not Chara account, so i can't exactly count on scum Nero knowing my current meta.

should everyone who knows Ran have him conftown by now? i certainly don't know him, but the game hasn't been on for that long.

pedit: i assumed marshy had played with both Gamma and Ran together a few times. otherwise that does make no sense. :>
I mean marshy played with me once and modded a game I was in once so I guess he's seen me a decent amount, though neither time I was actually town
<Embrace The Void>

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was the one, it was me who said you were pre-occupied with host stuff a lot, especially for someone who had such low content otherwise and had already self-voted.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Klazam »

fair.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 606, Chara wrote:also pidgey's on my townlist. i'd thought his "oh no, i didn't know he was IC" looked kind of over the top and faked, but the scum motivation for that didn't hold up.
also is just town.

regarding Klazam scum, i don't have a problem with it.
true, pidgey's been birdbrained ( :wink: ) but it's not scummy feeling, they just seem a bit rusty
As for Klazam I think there's a question I asked they may not have answered
<Embrace The Void>

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Klazam »

ISO time beep beep
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 612, Varsoon wrote:Ay, fuggit.
VOTE: Klazaam
Can you talk with me a bit about this? I think he's a bit shifty but not quite scummy atm
<Embrace The Void>

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Don't have much more to say besides what I've already said on it. 614's a pretty no-fluff elaboration.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, read my bit on the setup likely being multiball, which is what informs a lot of why I think all of that play is scummy, too.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”