Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3571, Archwing wrote:Deas, sheep wants you to know he says hi. Also, he says you are 1304i433% town, as you are fitting your town meta to a t here, as in your hydra with him.
I say hi back! I haven’t hydra’d with him before though. Is he talking about the MU game where I hydra’d with Regfan?
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Archwing »

That must have been it then. He referenced some Hydra of sorts.
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3569, DeasVail wrote:
Questions for Dunkerdoodles:
- I noticed that you had a scumread on Bins earlier. Do you still have this read? What are your thoughts on most of the players seeming uninterested in lynching her?
yes i do, i mentioned it earlier.

i've been pushing for her lynch for a while, i guess everyone either townreads her or would rather push someone else like xyzzy, but really im not sure.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

This would be partly due to the fact that I’ve only just replaced in and so am less influenced by what happened beforehand, but I really haven’t felt much of a push from you to have Bins lynched, nor do you appear all that bothered by the fact that no one is interested. There could be an element of “giving up” here, sure and I’d understand that, but you saying that the game is boring doesn’t really fit with someone who feels defeated by no one listening to their reads.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i have been pushing bins lynch, albiet not a lot.
i feel like going a long with the rest of the town on a lynch ie xyzzy is better and push bins on laters days if the games not over.
im never pushing through a bins lynch today, so theres really no point in trying.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Bins »

you trying to tunnel me all the way until you throw the game in lylo huh
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

yup exactly
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Nodding off, so making this quick.
In post 3450, Bins wrote:I could see bulba killing a50
I've already gone over this with Titus, but I really want to know why you think I'd ever kill A50 as scum.
In post 3457, Mina wrote:did none of this affect anyone's opinion on Radja? I feel like Radja's behaviour around posting the log reads as genuine, at least, even if we treat the log itself as fakeable (and it is a very realistic conversation with everyone very much in character and speaking off-the-cuff).
I looked over the log again, and I do think it'd be hard to fake. That being said, there are some things in there I don't like and that just feel off to me. So perhaps not faked, but maybe altered? Wouldn't be hard to do from a scum side, and you'd keep many of the same thoughts intact. Could work if he has competent scum players on his team to help him out.
In post 3471, Titus wrote:
In post 3401, Bulbazak wrote:Unvote Xyzzy
Last thing I want is a quickhammer while I'm away and haven't had the time to get things straight. Don't think there's a chance of that, but stranger things have happened.
So you're unvoting because of the possibility of a quickhammer you do not think will happen?
I unvoted because I was going V/LA, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't as easy to push a wagon through quickly. Normally I wouldn't think much about it, but the possibility that someone could use my position on the wagon to push the lynch through while I was gone seemed like a very real possibility this game, especially with some of the lines of thought I was seeing. In essence, if Xyzzy were to somehow get lynched while I was gone, I wanted town or scum to work for it. Hopefully I explained that well enough.

Also, how in the world did you miss the whole "I'm going away for a bit." thing? That was literally in the next line, and I'd only been alluding to it the whole post.
In post 3491, Archwing wrote:But i super hard trust math's reads, I know he's a great player.
Math was really good at obv. towning and using his charisma to direct lynches where he wanted. He wasn't so solid in the read department, and I've been paying attention here and there throughout the tourney. Look back at Math's stances and you'll find that he was very wishy-washy for the most part. He had a solid read or two, but most weren't set in stone. Personally, I think that he was taking so broad of a view with his global VCA theory that he was missing the bigger picture of what was actually going on in any individual game, including this one.
In post 3494, Archwing wrote:Should bulba die before lylo? probably, if we follow what math said.
I feel like I'm being set up as the pocket mislynch for endgame. This really does feel like Night & Day all over again.
In post 3519, Archwing wrote:
In post 3512, Titus wrote:Why am I worth sheeping?
I was townreading you, but I was hesitant to act on it cause creature had you scumread and wanted me to push you. So I kinda left you alone for awhile. Now that you're conf town I'm allowing myself to align myself with your reads more.
I don't like this a bit. How does someone being conf. town automatically equal sheep? I can agree that someone is town but not agree on their reads or methods. The willingness to just suddenly switch to "I'm gonna sheep you now." bothers me.

I think I'm on 142 now? I'll pick this back up tomorrow. I know I have another fun wall to get to...
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 3.08Image

xyzzy (3)Keychain , Bins , Archwing L-2
Bins (1)Dunkerdoodles ,
DeasVail (2)Radja ,
Radja (1)Archwing ,
Archwing(1) xyzzy
Not Voting (3)DeasVail , Bulbazak , Mina

Not Voting (4)DeasVail , Bulbazak , Mina, xyzzy

Day three deadline is Saturday March 10, 9 PM PST. (expired on 2018-03-10 21:00:00).

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by Archwing »

@mod

My vote is on xyzzy
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Archwing

I'm pretty sure this is the lynch I'm going to be pushing for today.

In , Archwing says that he's being pretty passive and not re-reading. This is fine and totally okay.

However, in the same post he also states that "he's building off present information". And I don't see any real initiative or drive from his posting.

And this is why I want to lynch him.

The frequency of his posting is such that he is obviously around and reading the game. He diligently responds to questions that are asked of him. But I cannot shake the overwhelming pressure that he's just sitting here.... waiting for other people to make the first move.... waiting for other people to make stuff happen.

Sure, he could be very confident in his vote on Xyzzy, but I'm not incredibly convinced of that. As recently as , Archwing says that he does not have a read on Xyzzy, while Creature has him as null/town. Between then and the sheep of titus, I don't see any sign of the read progressing, and I also don't see any effort to actually sort that read. It's as if voting xyzzy became the convenient thing at the time, thus prompting the decision. In , Arch says he plans to talk to Creature about the Xyzzy read, but again, there is no sign of this having happened.

If he's not confident in his vote on Xyzzy, then there's really not much sign of him doing anything to further his confidence in the game, despite the fact that he is very much here and active and around.

I think Archwing is scum going with the flow and not attracting attention and the worst part is that it's working. I don't know what this would mean for Xyzzy's alignment, and if it comes down to it, I will lynch Xyzzy today, but I am seriously worried about a world where Archwing is scum and Xyzzy is town, a world that I think is reasonably likely.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 3526, DeasVail wrote: is not bad
Actually, I find it just as bad, if not more so, than some of the posts you linked. #3511 is Arch being super accommodating to Titus. That looks more like a buddy-buddy vote as an attempt not to gain any ill will from conf. town.
In post 3550, Mina wrote: But some of his other posts felt more...closed off, if that makes sense. God, this is hippie shit. Some of his posts emit a positive aura, and some have a blocked-off chakra that is clearly a sign of a Mafia role PM! On my to-do list is to read the post from CDB.
Can you give me an example of what kind of posts felt closed off to you? It's hard to evaluate what you're actually saying here without examples.
In post 3553, Mina wrote:
On my to-do list is to read the post from CDB
Uh, this is gibberish because I got distracted mid-sentence. On my to-do list is to read the game Bulbazak has in his sig where he was apparently godly scum. But let's be real--I'll never get around to reading any of the meta that I actually planned on reading.
Might I also suggest Hunger Games II and Open 691, which are more recent. Both are more representative of what my scum game currently looks like. I'm Tails in the Open game.
In post 3560, DeasVail wrote:Also, no need to resist your fanfic urges imo.

The sky was a blend of warm pinks and plum purples as Mina sauntered home one lazy afternoon. It was beautiful, without a doubt, but Mina was sure that the previous day's sunset was no less spectacular. Nonetheless, there was something different about this day. The air held the taste of salty shorelines and the sweet smell of pine trees. Mina's feet began to drag along the cobblestone path, as if not quite ready for the journey home to end. As she turned into a short alleyway she was met with a sharp, sudden gust of wind, her skin tingling with a sense of anticipation, despite having taken this route many times before.

A flurry of footsteps, the swish of a cloak,
(seems dramatic I guess)
the warmth of coarse breathing against her cheek.

"I am DeasVail, Prince of the faraway land of Parumbtu. But in order to gain the throne I need to uhhh send my eldest brother on a holiday that he won't want to come back from! Yes, that's right! And for this I need uhhh money! Yes! Will you help me?"

"uhhhh"

"Oh and by the way, I will also require.... a princess ;) ;) ;) "

An elderly man turned into the alleyway and the mysterious man disappeared, leaving only a note containing bank details as proof that this was not all a dream.
In post 3569, DeasVail wrote: From Bulbazak though, I would like an update on the Archwing read, as I've noticed that you were previously maybe-scumreading him.
I'm still maybe scumreading him? I really don't like how he's positioning himself recently, and my earlier VCA would suggest the slot is scum. However, I still want to go over the timing he pointed out and see if that works at all from a scum perspective. So not interested in voting there just yet.

Going back over it, I don't like Xyzzy's defensiveness. It's too over the top.

I should finish the rest of this after lunch. Yay!
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Bins »

BULBA IS TAILS

gtkas
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Mina »

@Bulba: I'll be completely honest--I'm going in large part off vague holistic impressions rather than focusing on indivual posts, just because there's so much content I've missed that it's hard to retain it all in my head at once. I can ISO you at some point and actually link to what I mean, but it's really hard to articulate beyond "gut" and "sometimes, your thought processes sound town and genuine, and sometimes, they're just kind of clinical."
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Mina »

In post 3573, Keychain wrote:I thought sheep wasn't in TM anymore?

The fact that most of the active voices seem to be okay with lynching xyzzy is kind of odd to me.

I think I'm going to have to get Postie or someone to help me read DV/Mina. DV in particular is scarily nice in a way that makes it difficult for me to read him.
So far, I'm okay with the xyzzy lynch because there are only two scum left and 12-3 is an incredibly town-sided set-up, so easy PoE lynches are good when most of the town looks town and the scum are more prone to demoralization. I thought Mathdino's clearing of Aeronaut was pretty weak (because why would scum be following their scum PT if they weren't following their team PT?), and neither Aeronaut not xyzzy did anything that convinced me they were genuinely trying to solve the game (there were a couple of self-deprecating comments from xyzzy that I liked tonally, but no actual content). I feel like there aren't enough scum to cause movement away from xyzzy if they're scum, so their partner would be eager to throw them under the bus. But I'm still waiting for xyzzy to give me an actual reason to not vote them, since I've been told they're not a big contributor regardless of their alignment.

I think I'm actually a pretty easy read, but too late, I've already joined DV's cult. GLORY TO THE FOX! *buys a ticket to Parumbtu to live in his royal palace forever and ever* The Archwing vote is making me paranoid--not of DV himself, but of this game being tougher to solve than it looks.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Mina »

...fuck!

Now I actually sat down and ISO'd Aeronaut/xyzzy, and Aeronaut sounds a lot more town than I remembered just from reading the whole game thread.

Well, I guess I now have no reads. Oh, well, it was fun having a direction while it lasted!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Bins »

In post 3590, Mina wrote:Aeronaut sounds a lot more town
How?

gtkas
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Radja »

tbh I don't see a scenario where xyzzy isn't scum right now. I'd lay down a vote but it looks like some people are still doing things.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3592, Radja wrote:tbh I don't see a scenario where xyzzy isn't scum right now. I'd lay down a vote but it looks like some people are still doing things.
I kinda feel like the game has stalled out.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3585, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: Archwing

I'm pretty sure this is the lynch I'm going to be pushing for today.

In , Archwing says that he's being pretty passive and not re-reading. This is fine and totally okay.

However, in the same post he also states that "he's building off present information". And I don't see any real initiative or drive from his posting.

And this is why I want to lynch him.

The frequency of his posting is such that he is obviously around and reading the game. He diligently responds to questions that are asked of him. But I cannot shake the overwhelming pressure that he's just sitting here.... waiting for other people to make the first move.... waiting for other people to make stuff happen.

Sure, he could be very confident in his vote on Xyzzy, but I'm not incredibly convinced of that. As recently as , Archwing says that he does not have a read on Xyzzy, while Creature has him as null/town. Between then and the sheep of titus, I don't see any sign of the read progressing, and I also don't see any effort to actually sort that read. It's as if voting xyzzy became the convenient thing at the time, thus prompting the decision. In , Arch says he plans to talk to Creature about the Xyzzy read, but again, there is no sign of this having happened.

If he's not confident in his vote on Xyzzy, then there's really not much sign of him doing anything to further his confidence in the game, despite the fact that he is very much here and active and around.

I think Archwing is scum going with the flow and not attracting attention and the worst part is that it's working. I don't know what this would mean for Xyzzy's alignment, and if it comes down to it, I will lynch Xyzzy today, but I am seriously worried about a world where Archwing is scum and Xyzzy is town, a world that I think is reasonably likely.
this is probably xyzzy's scumbuddy if xyzzy flips scum
the tone is very forced and the whole post just feels fake
feels like directing attention away from xyzzy and trying to create another wagon for some reason.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by DeasVail »

What do you think of the actual reasoning though?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3589, Mina wrote:
In post 3573, Keychain wrote:I thought sheep wasn't in TM anymore?

The fact that most of the active voices seem to be okay with lynching xyzzy is kind of odd to me.

I think I'm going to have to get Postie or someone to help me read DV/Mina. DV in particular is scarily nice in a way that makes it difficult for me to read him.
So far, I'm okay with the xyzzy lynch because there are only two scum left and 12-3 is an incredibly town-sided set-up, so easy PoE lynches are good when most of the town looks town and the scum are more prone to demoralization. I thought Mathdino's clearing of Aeronaut was pretty weak (because why would scum be following their scum PT if they weren't following their team PT?), and neither Aeronaut not xyzzy did anything that convinced me they were genuinely trying to solve the game (there were a couple of self-deprecating comments from xyzzy that I liked tonally, but no actual content). I feel like there aren't enough scum to cause movement away from xyzzy if they're scum, so their partner would be eager to throw them under the bus. But I'm still waiting for xyzzy to give me an actual reason to not vote them, since I've been told they're not a big contributor regardless of their alignment.

I think I'm actually a pretty easy read, but too late, I've already joined DV's cult. GLORY TO THE FOX! *buys a ticket to Parumbtu to live in his royal palace forever and ever* The Archwing vote is making me paranoid--not of DV himself, but of this game being tougher to solve than it looks.
In post 3590, Mina wrote:...fuck!

Now I actually sat down and ISO'd Aeronaut/xyzzy, and Aeronaut sounds a lot more town than I remembered just from reading the whole game thread.

Well, I guess I now have no reads. Oh, well, it was fun having a direction while it lasted!
these also feel terribly forced, especially that last bolded line.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i mean i guess it's not wrong, im just wondering why you would push him now and not tmr
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Because I think he is scum, and I would feel more confident in an Archwing lynch than a xyzzy lynch at this point. The fact that a lot of people here are stating something along the lines of “a xyzzy lynch works I guess” while not really that strongly suspecting xyzzy or doing much to work things out beyond that kind of gives me cold feet when it comes to lynching xyzzy.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

but you agree we can't leave xyzzy at lylo right?

may as well lynch him now then

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”