Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:08 am

Post by Kopherald »

We don't see the scum motivation in Doomfeathers' posts so far, sure they are not good, but probably just weak town play rather than scum play from what we can tell.
In post 47, Aneninen wrote:
In post 43, Shadpearl wrote: I'm actually appreciating Doomfeathers getting the game started and everyone talking. :] If we kill him, couldn't we wait for later?
If Doomfeathers is scum, Shadpearl is scum too, I guess.
Please explain this, Pigeonman.

-Brass
Hydra of Kop and Brassherald
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:50 am

Post by Kopherald »

VOTE: Shadpearl[/quote]

It does appear that Doomsfeather may be forcing to be looking town, but right now, I just don't see any scum motivation in his posts.

However, Shad has pinged my radar, I would find scum more in Shad than I would in Doom right now.

- Kop
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 am

Post by Kopherald »

VOTE: Shadpearl

My question still stands to Pigeonman, I don't get the associative, but see Shadpearl as scum.

Also, I like our tags working, other head.

-Brass
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 52, Kopherald wrote:VOTE: Shadpearl

My question still stands to Pigeonman, I don't get the associative, but see Shadpearl as
scumlean*

Also, I like our tags working, other head.

-Brass
EBWOP
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 51, Kopherald wrote:VOTE: Shadpearl

It does appear that Doomsfeather may be forcing to be looking town, but right now, I just don't see any scum motivation in his posts.

However, Shad has pinged my radar, I would find scum more in Shad than I would in Doom right now.

- Kop
Fixed vote tags.

- Kop
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:19 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 51, Kopherald wrote:However, Shad has pinged my radar,
His lone post pings me as well. If doomfeather seems town to him why would he suggest saving doom to vote for later?

VOTE: Shadpearl
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:25 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 47, Aneninen wrote:
In post 43, Shadpearl wrote: I'm actually appreciating Doomfeathers getting the game started and everyone talking. :] If we kill him, couldn't we wait for later?
If Doomfeathers is scum, Shadpearl is scum too, I guess.
Let's not forget that there is a SK in this game, so in reality, they both could be scum, but not on the same team.

So if your saying both are scum, I'm assuming your thinking along the lines of, possible team mates, one mafia, and one SK?

- Kop
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 56, Kopherald wrote:if your saying both are scum, I'm assuming your thinking along the lines of, possible team mates, one mafia, and one SK?
Why would mafia and sk be team mates?

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:31 am

Post by Taly »

Shadpearl's
initial post in - That's his second post on the site and he notes that it's a good thing to have progression in the game. My gut tells me this is genuine town. This isn't a strong read, but those are my thoughts.

Furthermore, this quote is not at all guarded, I feel scum would be much more cautious.
Shadpearl wrote:If we kill him, couldn't we wait for later? Once we've all hopped in with both feet and don't need him threatening to toss us into the pool like a demonic older brother? haha
@Shadpearl
, what is your read on
doomfeathers
? You stated that you appreciated his game, but here, you say that his lynch should be later in the game.
In post 38, Aneninen wrote:
In post 36, Taly wrote:Anenien, I posted since your original RVS vote on me, and you don't have anything to say?
Your RVS (Which I liked) and the post with this, that's all I saw.
But nothing particularly townish or scummy stood out.

So, no.
Mmm, my read on you is still unclear.

What leads you to believe
doomfeathers
and
Shadpearl
are buddies?
In post 39, Almost50 wrote:
In post 36, Taly wrote:Do you have any games on him? Is he consistent?
Creature's meta is well known to the whole site (and I suspect other sites too). The guy just hates to play Scum and he either lurks it out until lynched/replaced or posts nonsense on intervals and still gets lynched.

As Town though, Creature is sensible and has some depth. Some would even argue he has damn good reads as Town too.
I'm going to look through his games then, could you link any one that have finished?
In post 45, Ausuka wrote:
In post 36, Taly wrote:
doomfeathers
was quick to follow my RVS vote
Of all things about
doomfeathers
why is this the thing that concerns you? :?
1)
He didn't wait for
Almost50's
response to his RVS vote on him. and
2)
He didn't resist me when I prompted him to follow my vote.

I have a conflicted read over this. He could be pushing for gameplay, but I don't like the sheeping, and I haven't seen enough to gauge his motivation.

~~~

doomfeathers
, what was the purpose of ? You were talking about what you believe people are doing, but you didn't attach reads or questions to that.

Has anything changed within the past 25 posts?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 57, havingfitz wrote:
In post 56, Kopherald wrote:if your saying both are scum, I'm assuming your thinking along the lines of, possible team mates, one mafia, and one SK?
I didn't say SK and mafia being team mates, Anen wasn't clear to whether he is meaning scum together (mafia together) or one mafia, and one SK.

- Kop
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:00 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 57, havingfitz wrote:
In post 56, Kopherald wrote:if your saying both are scum, I'm assuming your thinking along the lines of, possible team mates,
OR
one mafia, and one SK?
I just missed the word "or".

- Kop
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 60, Kopherald wrote:I just missed the word "or".
Got it.

Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:29 am

Post by Lalendra »

Yeah it's been a whole day and he's been active elsewhere so I'm voteparking this until/unless something convinces me otherwise.

VOTE: Creature
Show
"Lalendra is her usual mislynch self." - FlavorLeaf
"Lal was interesting. I wavered from okay that could be a confused townie to WTF." - StefanB
"nothing in lalendra's ISO suggests town
but then again nothing in lalendra's entire career suggests town" - Mathdino
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:37 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 62, Lalendra wrote:Yeah it's been a whole day and he's been active elsewhere so I'm voteparking this until/unless something convinces me otherwise.

Is vote parking on what is likely scum a superior strategy to actually scum hunting, though?

Its early and if this keeps up, Creature is obvscum but it's clear that pressure votes don't make him post as scum.

-Brass
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:19 am

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count 1.1

Creature (4) - Sando, Almost50, Shadpearl, Lalendra
doomfeathers (3) - Ausuka, Aneninen, profii
Shadpearl (2) - Kopherald, havingfitz
Aneninen (2) - Taly, doomfeathers
texcat (1) - JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing (1) - texcat

Not Voting (3) - Creature, TheGoldenParadox, blockcandy

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

(expired on 2018-03-19 22:00:00)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:51 am

Post by texcat »

Lalendra, Any comment on Jaydragon not doing anything but sheeping you?
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:53 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Hey, I brought up the urge for someone to make an Avatar reference. You can atleast credit me for that.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 63, Kopherald wrote:Is vote parking on what is likely scum a superior strategy to actually scum hunting, though?

Its early and if this keeps up, Creature is obvscum but it's clear that pressure votes don't make him post as scum.

-Brass
Honestly it's less a pressure vote and more of a "this is the most likely scum for me as of right now" vote. Obviously I am still looking for scum, as it's
possible
Creature is town and there's another explanation - it's not likely though, based on my previous games with him. But I'm keeping my options open, which was the reason for the disclaimer with my vote. I don't want to speedlynch because if we do, we'll have less information to go off of (which is another likely reason he's not participating); I would have been more cautious with my vote if he was close to hammer but he's not.
In post 65, texcat wrote:Lalendra, Any comment on Jaydragon not doing anything but sheeping you?
It seems to be more of a playstyle thing, none of his posts are particularly serious and I think scum would be more cautious and not blatantly buddy someone this early based on nothing more than their avatar. I think he's just being cheeky.
Show
"Lalendra is her usual mislynch self." - FlavorLeaf
"Lal was interesting. I wavered from okay that could be a confused townie to WTF." - StefanB
"nothing in lalendra's ISO suggests town
but then again nothing in lalendra's entire career suggests town" - Mathdino
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 67, Lalendra wrote:
In post 63, Kopherald wrote:Is vote parking on what is likely scum a superior strategy to actually scum hunting, though?

-Brass
Honestly it's less a pressure vote and more of a "this is the most likely scum for me as of right now" vote. Obviously I am still looking for scum, as it's
possible
Creature is town and there's another explanation - it's not likely though, based on my previous games with him. But I'm keeping my options open, which was the reason for the disclaimer with my vote. I don't want to speedlynch because if we do, we'll have less information to go off of (which is another likely reason he's not participating); I would have been more cautious with my vote if he was close to hammer but he's not.
This is good posting.
JaydragonKing wrote:Hey, I brought up the urge for someone to make an Avatar reference. You can atleast credit me for that.
This isn't great posting, but I did jump on the chance to make the Avatar joke. By the way, new theory maybe we are the air nomads? That being said, lots of people in this game are not doing anything yet.

-Brass
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 am

Post by profii »

In post 63, Kopherald wrote:
In post 62, Lalendra wrote:Yeah it's been a whole day and he's been active elsewhere so I'm voteparking this until/unless something convinces me otherwise.

Is vote parking on what is likely scum a superior strategy to actually scum hunting, though?

-Brass
Do you know what would make him post? (If anything)
Kopherald
Kopherald
Goon
Kopherald
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Kopherald »

In post 69, profii wrote:
In post 63, Kopherald wrote:

-Brass
Do you know what would make him post? (If anything)
I do not, if anyone figures it out, I would love to know myself.

-Brass
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 am

Post by profii »

In post 43, Shadpearl wrote:Ah, Hello! :]

(I don't know how to do the white text everyone else is using for their votes... Sorry. >~<)

I would hate for someone to be forced to play if they didn't want to, hence my vote. :(

I'm actually appreciating Doomfeathers getting the game started and everyone talking. :] If we kill him, couldn't we wait for later? Once we've all hopped in with both feet and don't need him threatening to toss us into the pool like a demonic older brother? haha
flicking through the thread can I ask how people have interpreted this post, because I've changed my mind.

obviously, a new player, if you don't know how to use the tags, not a criticism, everyone has to start somewhere, I'm just putting it out there. (ps, [.v]player[/.v] without the .'s)

then, voting for a player who hasn't posted, but first post, so let's be nice and say RVS

however, to say I would hate for someone to be force to play if they didn't want to - this makes no sense to me because creature hasn't posted, how can you know any of their thoughts?

then I've already picked up on the Doomfeathers buddying.

there is no way a player has made links to 2 players in their first post and outed the entire scum team, this has got to be n00b town (no offence)

That doesn't clear Doom or Creature in anyway, or link doom to creature. I just think Shadpearl is likely town now.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 58, Taly wrote:
doomfeathers
, what was the purpose of ? You were talking about what you believe people are doing, but you didn't attach reads or questions to that.
Irritation, mostly. I see no motivation for lurking beyond purposely making it hard for others to read you, so when more people do it than we could possibly have on the scumteam, it kind of ticks me off. It seems as though townies are purposely acting scummy so they can get away with doing it sometime when they're playing scum.

Besides, that early in the game, there's not much to judge. Now, on the other hand, we have three pages' worth of content, so patterns begin to become more apparent.
In post 67, Lalendra wrote:Honestly it's less a pressure vote and more of a "this is the most likely scum for me as of right now" vote. Obviously I am still looking for scum, as it's
possible
Why, though? You're not wanting to lynch him yet, but you're willing to park your vote on the same slot--out of which you do not expect to get any information--for almost two weeks? That doesn't make any sense. Why not try to find other scum in the meantime?

Reviewing and posting again in a sec.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Wallpost incoming. Sorry about that.
In post 36, Taly wrote:Why did you switch onto
Anenien's
wagon instead of waiting for
Almost50's
response to your vote?
My vote on Almost50 served no real purpose; single RVS votes can be ignored with no trouble. A mini-wagon is much more effective at moving things along. And I'm completely okay with occasionally sheeping and/or making deals to accomplish my goals. It worked; I got exactly what I wanted.
In post 42, Sando wrote:Isn't it a bit too early to say that on Page1? Plenty of players had posted nothing.
I mean not like page2 is much "better" (worse?)...[/quote]
Yes, in fact, page 2 is far better than page 1 in terms of content. We're not in RVS anymore.

I'm now suspicious of Sando, but I'll save it until he's no longer V/LA.

(I don't know how to do the white text everyone else is using for their votes... Sorry. >~<)
Use the "vote" button in Preview mode to add the

Code: Select all

[vote][/vote]
tags.
I would hate for someone to be forced to play if they didn't want to, hence my vote. :(
That is certainly nice of you, but it's not going to help you win. You want to find people you think are scum, then vote them. If Creature doesn't want to play, he can always replace out.

I lean Shad town. He looks scummy in pretty much the same manner every newbie townie ever does, as opposed to how newbie scum would look. This is his first game, for Gaben's sake; he wouldn't be that devious. I'm thinking there's scum in his wagon, maybe multiple.
In post 58, Taly wrote:
In post 39, Almost50 wrote:
In post 36, Taly wrote:Do you have any games on him? Is he consistent?
Creature's meta is well known to the whole site (and I suspect other sites too). The guy just hates to play Scum and he either lurks it out until lynched/replaced or posts nonsense on intervals and still gets lynched.

As Town though, Creature is sensible and has some depth. Some would even argue he has damn good reads as Town too.
I'm going to look through his games then, could you link any one that have finished?
Taly seriously leans town if he comes through with game results. I don't think scum would go to that much effort.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 51, Kopherald wrote:It does appear that Doomsfeather may be forcing to be looking town, but right now, I just don't see any scum motivation in his posts.
You realise that looking town has scum motivation, right?
In post 58, Taly wrote:
In post 45, Ausuka wrote:
In post 36, Taly wrote:
doomfeathers
was quick to follow my RVS vote
Of all things about
doomfeathers
why is this the thing that concerns you? :?
1)
He didn't wait for
Almost50's
response to his RVS vote on him. and
2)
He didn't resist me when I prompted him to follow my vote.
uh, is A50 supposed to have an important reaction to a RVS vote? :neutral:
In post 71, profii wrote:

I'm actually appreciating Doomfeathers getting the game started and everyone talking. :] If we kill him, couldn't we wait for later? Once we've all hopped in with both feet and don't need him threatening to toss us into the pool like a demonic older brother? haha
flicking through the thread can I ask how people have interpreted this post, because I've changed my mind.

obviously, a new player, if you don't know how to use the tags, not a criticism, everyone has to start somewhere, I'm just putting it out there. (ps, [.v]player[/.v] without the .'s)

then, voting for a player who hasn't posted, but first post, so let's be nice and say RVS

however, to say I would hate for someone to be force to play if they didn't want to - this makes no sense to me because creature hasn't posted, how can you know any of their thoughts?

then I've already picked up on the Doomfeathers buddying.

there is no way a player has made links to 2 players in their first post and outed the entire scum team, this has got to be n00b town (no offence)

That doesn't clear Doom or Creature in anyway, or link doom to creature. I just think Shadpearl is likely town now.
This honestly makes no sense to me. You make a scumcase on him, and then say he has to be town because he's scummy? Why is there "no way" that he's just scum?

Also, why did you vote doomfeathers in ?

And yeah Creature is 100% scum this game. Voting him isn't productive right now but we definitely lynch him later.

Extra-Special Townbloc of Happy Friends

Ausuka
Candidates For Promotion

Lalendra, havingfitz
Watchlist For Meaniness

Sando, Almost50, Aneninen, JayDragonKing, Taly, texcat, Shadpearl, TheGoldenParadox, blockcandy, profii
Wanted for Bullying and General Sad Crimes

Kopherald, doomfeathers, Creature
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”