Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1397, Elbirn wrote: Also @ Everyone, what is this three choices nonsense? Host gets a choice. Secondary host gets a choice. Stopit.
Something something ranked preferences were requested or something like that. Idk

Can somebody address my point about the WC I was really proud of that.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 1399, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1391, Titus wrote:
In post 1386, Kokichi Oma wrote:I say we up the buff for Brass, yeah. Like the fact that Titus didn't even bring it up as a suggestion is shady.
That's my number 1 and you've said that repeatedly that jailkeeping Brass is not my priority. Stop the nonsense.
Wait so the peacekeeping is jailkeeping? If so that should be your first.
Yes and yes
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1400, Shaziro wrote: Can somebody address my point about the WC I was really proud of that.
In post 1394, Shaziro wrote: Side note: What are the odds that, for balance's sake, there aren't really any resolutions that are explicitly pro-town or pro-scum, and they all have boons or banes for both factions? It would make much more sense from a game design perspective, in order to keep the mechanic from becoming too imbalanced. For instance, banning a particular luxury might turn off both a Scum role -and- a Town role, or maybe even multiple of one or the other depending on where power sits. I think looking at this from a "THIS IS EXPLICITLY PRO OR ANTI TOWN" perspective is wrong, and hazardous.
I'm assuming this is what you meant?
Because it's kinda like...Yeah, sure. Bit obvious.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by brassherald »

World Congress host gets an extra delegate the host and the runner up are provided with choices for resolutions to suggest. The two of them each rank three choices privately.

Today's list had the options of Ban Silk for the day, Ban Gold for the day, Ban Crabs for the Day, Embargo all city states permanently, Embargo a player until tomorrow, Send peacekeeping forces to a civilization (I believe this is jailkeeping and you cannot use delegates to vote for yourself), Protect Natural wonders permanently, protect world wonders permanently, boost art for everyone today, boost science for everyone today.

I chose to put forward, in order, ban silk, boost art, and ban crabs.

Any permanent change will have the opportunity to repeal later if the people decide it is no good.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I agree with that. Okay, then Titus should have you peacekeeping as #1 and we should boost someone's science who we townread and ban gold.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1402, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1400, Shaziro wrote: Can somebody address my point about the WC I was really proud of that.
In post 1394, Shaziro wrote: Side note: What are the odds that, for balance's sake, there aren't really any resolutions that are explicitly pro-town or pro-scum, and they all have boons or banes for both factions? It would make much more sense from a game design perspective, in order to keep the mechanic from becoming too imbalanced. For instance, banning a particular luxury might turn off both a Scum role -and- a Town role, or maybe even multiple of one or the other depending on where power sits. I think looking at this from a "THIS IS EXPLICITLY PRO OR ANTI TOWN" perspective is wrong, and hazardous.
You say that, but this whole time people have been sat there saying that they wanted to make sure that whatever we chose to put forward wasn't something pro-scum. Like that's a thing that the resolutions would explicitly be.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by Chara »

i don't know what any of these resolutions actually do nor anything about Civilization. hopefully the information we get to vote on is something i can parse because at this point i just want to see it
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1404, Kokichi Oma wrote:I agree with that. Okay, then Titus should have you peacekeeping as #1 and we should boost someone's science who we townread and ban gold.
Except for ban gold, I am right there. That's why my submissions are the way they are.

Do you think we should science boost brass?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1248, Elbirn wrote:It's snowing so bad that I'm off of work today, rejoice!

@Varsoon, I don't even remember the trust tell from way back when. Was it that you always truthfully claimed your alignment? I don't think you'd do that anymore considering you got shit for it + that's super not cool bro.

Yeah I really dunno how to read you. Like, ur my brodawg. I'd protecc you with my life if I think you're town. And I don't think we've been town together yet so I'm hoping you are, and I worry that might be causing bias on my part. Like if you're scum that would kill me, yaknow?
If I was scum, it would literally kill you, because I'd have to do that to achieve wincon. :P
Yeah, it was me who always truthfully claimed alignment, thus making the mods have to literally make it a rule not to trust-tell after banning me for it.
I dunno how to read me, either. From left to right, I gotta assume.
Just ran the numbers and you're in the top 8 frequent players of my games with 5 of 'em under your belt. That's pretty cool.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1259, Elbirn wrote:Did everyone decide kokichi is scum in the past 20 pages because I like him
I have a hard townread on him but I don't trust him at all.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Chara »

i know how to read Varsoon. i just have to be wrong about him at least three times first. i think. i can't remember how many games we actually have together.

pedit: hahaha. i also have a good townread there, but i wouldn't say i mistrust him. i like playing with Kokichi.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

May have misread this in my catchup but Dunker was wondering why Kokichi was playing different/not roleplaying and I think I kinda browbeat Kokichi away from it but then they quickly jumped back to doing it to appease Dunker
I just don't like how obviously they try to curry favor like that.
I guess when someone gives me a big opportunity to look town to them, I throw it back in their face and claim scum, so playing to anyone's tune but mine is just so against my general ethos that I can't help but distrust Kokichi.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by Chara »

everything Kokichi is doing just feels so natural to me. his timing and his consistent pressing on everything and the
why
of those pushes and assertions all seem to be very clear, and i'm not really seeing any obvious attempts to curry favour. and the little roleplaying that's there is all game-related.
it's mildly notable he isn't doing the Kokichi thing very much, but i don't know if it means anything considering how much roleplay is connected to thread environment and not alignment.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1407, Titus wrote:
In post 1404, Kokichi Oma wrote:I agree with that. Okay, then Titus should have you peacekeeping as #1 and we should boost someone's science who we townread and ban gold.
Except for ban gold, I am right there. That's why my submissions are the way they are.

Do you think we should science boost brass?
We can't if he's being jailkept? Or does this happen during the day.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Chara »

a jailkeep is a roleblock + kill protection. it doesn't make the target ascetic.
though i'm not sure a resolution would count as an action to begin with.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Wait really? I never knew that. Okay then: peacekeep brass, boost Brass, ban gold
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1412, Chara wrote:everything Kokichi is doing just feels so natural to me. his timing and his consistent pressing on everything and the
why
of those pushes and assertions all seem to be very clear, and i'm not really seeing any obvious attempts to curry favour. and the little roleplaying that's there is all game-related.
it's mildly notable he isn't doing the Kokichi thing very much, but i don't know if it means anything considering how much roleplay is connected to thread environment and not alignment.
It took me awhile but I definitely see him playing from a town PoV, but it's so drastically different in approach and ethos from my own that I don't like it at all.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Let's be friends, Varsoon. Nee-heehee~

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Chara »

I wonder if you consider me a friend, Kokichi.

Spoiler: Potentially Offensive

Edited for decency, but left here for transparency. The connotation of this image originally read "Nazi" to me, and my understanding has been corrected somewhat. If you'd like to discuss this further, do so in post-game. ~M
Last edited by Maestro on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Chara »

i replied in PM to Maestro, but as it's shown here i would like to say it's not Nazi symbolism and i don't joke about Nazis. it's a red armband, and while i admit i did not make the connection because that and Nazi imagery, i am certainly not joking about fascism. thanks.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, they're both characters from the same game.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 1418, Chara wrote:
Edited for decency, but left here for transparency. The connotation of this image originally read "Nazi" to me, and my understanding has been corrected somewhat. If you'd like to discuss this further, do so in post-game. ~M
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1405, Shaziro wrote:
In post 1402, Elbirn wrote:
You say that, but this whole time people have been sat there saying that they wanted to make sure that whatever we chose to put forward wasn't something pro-scum. Like that's a thing that the resolutions would explicitly be.
I...Sort of get what you're saying I think? Like it's quite obvious that there's not going to be a resolution that says "Hey, this is the resolution that helps scum! Press the accept button to help Scum!" But there are certainly going to be resolutions that help one side or the other or possibly both or neither and I don't think it's fruitless to try to determine which is which, and even having a discussion about such things can provide insight into where everyone's allegiances lie, I'd think.

In post 1409, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1259, Elbirn wrote:Did everyone decide kokichi is scum in the past 20 pages because I like him
I have a hard townread on him but I don't trust him at all.
I'm not sure how you can townread someone and not trust them.

I think he seems a bit whacky, and oscillates between saying some agreeable things and some "what weed strain are you currently high on good sir and why are you not sharing" sorts of things. But I do think that his PoV is from a genuine place, and even if I don't agree it's still what I would call trustworthy.

Or maybe I've just spent a whole post babbling semantics.

I'd like to off topic P-edit, anime has this weird obsession with Nazis and it's
Weird
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1403, brassherald wrote:World Congress host gets an extra delegate the host and the runner up are provided with choices for resolutions to suggest. The two of them each rank three choices privately.

Today's list had the options of Ban Silk for the day, Ban Gold for the day, Ban Crabs for the Day, Embargo all city states permanently, Embargo a player until tomorrow, Send peacekeeping forces to a civilization (I believe this is jailkeeping and you cannot use delegates to vote for yourself), Protect Natural wonders permanently, protect world wonders permanently, boost art for everyone today, boost science for everyone today.

I chose to put forward, in order, ban silk, boost art, and ban crabs.

Any permanent change will have the opportunity to repeal later if the people decide it is no good.
Whoa, wait, stop. I thought science was only for one person?

If it's for everyone fuck that, no fun allowed. Peacekeep Brass and then pick some innocuous thing for me to vote Nay on.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1418, Chara wrote:I wonder if you consider me a friend, Kokichi.
Of course!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”