Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 am

Post by marshy »

actionda has been trending down for me. i thought he looked good at first but on further thought im pretty sure all he has done in this game is come into the thread to shit on koki. its excessive and inconsistent with a town mindset

ppl i want to flip the most are like

creature
klazam
a50
actiondan

that should set us up pretty well
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1475, Maestro wrote:[Congressional Peace-keeping ~ brassherald] - The world is full of unforeseen threats. Assign delegates supporting or opposing a player in need of Congressional peace-keeping armies in their nation. A player may not assign delegates to themselves.
This resolution may not be enacted consecutively
maybe we shouldn't use it today?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:50 am

Post by brassherald »

@nero I would still like some town reads from you, please. When you get the chance.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1501, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1475, Maestro wrote:[Congressional Peace-keeping ~ brassherald] - The world is full of unforeseen threats. Assign delegates supporting or opposing a player in need of Congressional peace-keeping armies in their nation. A player may not assign delegates to themselves.
We should.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Shaziro »

HEAL: Ban silk

Reading that exact phrasing, it makes me think the mafia have a roleblocker, also called a prostitute sometimes. Maybe my mind is in the gutter, fuck if I know. I'm fine with banning this.

@Nero: Sorry for not seeing one small line of text that refers to the idea of there possibly being a resolution that is good for both scum and town or bad for both scum in town. My point, however, was that -all- the resolutions (or at least the vast majority) are a double-edged sword. For instance, I fully expect that banning silk will also negatively affect a town civ. That said, I think that since Town currently have the numbers, it is still better for us to do this if my assumption on what Silk Ban does is correct. Sue me. (Or just keep saying you scumread me, keep being wrong, etc etc. I'm really not interested in Alisae'ing this out with you if you -are- town, and letting a scumciv take the win.)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why not? If we don't do it today and brass dies what's the point of waiting?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1503, Titus wrote:
We should.
^ We should, but we should try to find some -other- way of protecting our conftown tomorrow. If that be via role, the person -with- that role shouldn't say shit about it, just do it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 844, Nero Cain wrote:
Varsoon
Nero Cain

Assemblerotws
brassherald
BuJaber
Kokichi Koma

Creature
Chara

Elbirn

Gamma Emerald

Klazam

Titus

Shaziro

ActionDan
Joey_
Dunkerdoodles
pidgey

Jodaxq
Almost50

marshy

ranmaru
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

My line of thinking is that night 1 is the best night to have confirmed protection in the game unless ya'll think this game has no protection roles lol

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:58 am

Post by brassherald »

Jodaxq is in this game?

I literally forgot she was.

Nero, from the normal that is still being discussed, do you remember if Jodaxq lurked around during the shitshow that was day 1?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I was barely around d1 but she was pretty lurky all game.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1508, Nero Cain wrote:My line of thinking is that night 1 is the best night to have confirmed protection in the game unless ya'll think this game has no protection roles lol
...So the scum can immediately off the protective role and move on? This is really bad thinking, and definitely anti-town.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 am

Post by brassherald »

I'd rather use the Peace keepers today and not tomorrow, there is no assurance that the Protective roles we may have would even be effective.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

You do know that if we just not peacekeep tonight and put the doc on him we will have the peacekeep around tomorrow just in case the dc dies tonight.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 am

Post by brassherald »

Also...

VOTE: Jodaxq
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Like Shaz, your thing is "lets peacekeep brass. Scum knows that brass is safe so scum'll shoot for protective." and if that protective dies and we can't peacekeep tmrw then Brass is just boned.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Given the game size I'd be surprised if we didn't have a decent amount of town protective, plus upicks generally are role madness so probably multiple protectives
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:13 am

Post by brassherald »

I'd rather do the peacekeep today, the indication in the PMs was that there will be more options for resolutions on subsequent days. We might have something that looks better tomorrow anyway.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Elbirn »

Peacekeeping today is the play, friends.

I'm gonna sit on my hands for now re: silk. I imagine the luxuries are tied to different civs, and they may or may not even know themselves for sure, and without even knowing who is what civ + having an educated guess what civs the luxuries would be tied to..I'm very meh about it.

Like unless someone wants to step forward and say "hey I'm China and I rolled scum" I don't see a benefit in banning silk.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Elbirn »

Actually I have a quick thought that I'd like to float and then everyone can shit down my throat for it

Do we think roles are at all related to civs, and if not is there any harm in claiming our civs? Like, how in hell is Brazil an innocent child?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:34 am

Post by Shaziro »

Do you disagree with my interpretation of the wording, Elbirn?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Chara »

Nero: why are Dan and dunker town?

waiting on WC vote unless brass can just tell me where my vote needs to be. not quite caught up.

pedit: just from the wording it seems as though it could benefit scum specifically. from my PM i can only guess at how any of the nonspecific resolutions would interact with it, but from this talk by the rest of you i would guess that certain nations are tied to the various resolution options. well. not really guess, it's been made clear that it's likely. just don't know how that would apply yet.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c everyone loves Brazil

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1519, Elbirn wrote:Do we think roles are at all related to civs, and if not is there any harm in claiming our civs? Like, how in hell is Brazil an innocent child?
the answer to this question is very often "yes there is harm". especially if claiming them doesn't actually help us with solving. i think it would distract and scum might be able to use it in ways we don't know yet.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 am

Post by brassherald »

I know that the flavor for the Innocent Child was throwing a Carnival, the ability of Brazil in game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”