Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1169, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well they should if they're properly analyzing his play. Same question to you: how is Pin's paranoia of me not explicitly towny?
This is weird considering you automatically SCUM READ ME for my paranoia of you.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

VOTE: Anen
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

0) I think that definition of tunneling you had is called hard pushing. This explanation is acceptable though.
1) Well I did care it's just that when I was initially reading I kinda glossed over the response.
2) Because he later gave the explanation of the whole plan for NSG. Anen I don't recall if he stated anything on that afterward but I think I might have given it up because of his explanation of his past Anen history?
3) What I mean by not caring to tie off loose questions is I don't think I need to say "oh I already have the answer to this" if a question gets resolved in one way or another. And the way I could tell what jmo was trying to do was reading his posts for implicit intent. It's like hardclaiming versus softclaiming a role, where with hardclaiming you are giving a very concrete statement but with softclaiming you're letting others draw their own conclusions.
5) I felt like you'd have something to say about what I was thinking about A50 but ok
9) Practice what you preach my friend, you're literally casing me on me not being 100% attentive.
10) eh whatever, it's still strange you'd miss things so close to the responses they can be on the screen at the same time but I'll give you some botd (doesn't mean I'm gonna unvote you, I still feel somewhat confident in what caused my vote earlier and there's always the possibility you made that mistake as scum)
11) Well I did forget, because enough things happened to take my mind of them. I'll not say that it's always a thing because I've had times I have brought questions back up (though I can't recall one of the top of my head, it's in there somewhere), but I feel like it was acceptable to forget them because Jay was enough of a non-entity to not make me go "you've been posting and yet haven't answered this wtf"
12) ok then, thanks for being open about it. I also try to be mindful of that, see me mentioning that my Anen scumread was partially OMGUS
13) Addendum: if he gave reads I would have poked him on those (as I have done when he did but since he didn't when I asked I didn't see the benefit of poking at that again. Current read of Creature is nullscum cos his activity is questionable and I still feel the one post I called him on sucks ass.
15) Felt you'd want to comment on how I'd made up my mind on it being discrediting.
17) I think you could have made that mistake as scum or town and that's a more reasonable explanation than you intentionally missing things but again you should check your privilege cos you aren't really applying what you said in 9 to this, you're just assuming it's all scum-motivated
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1175, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1169, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well they should if they're properly analyzing his play. Same question to you: how is Pin's paranoia of me not explicitly towny?
This is weird considering you automatically SCUM READ ME for my paranoia of you.
Quote the post where I specifically said that? I don't remember saying that specifically, I only recall being a bit confused at why you were shocked at me asking you to vote with me.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Aneninen »

I've been away because of work.

Am I still alive?
Does anyone care if I post?

I'll only check the game (and reply to questions if you point them out) if the answer for both questions are yes.

If either of them is no, I won't do anything. Sorry, but in this case it wouldn't only be a waste of time. It would be a waste of electricity. In this case, you'll find my opinion about this game in the Dead Topic. Even if you all are going to hate me because of thatm.
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

In post 1179, Aneninen wrote:I've been away because of work.

Am I still alive?
Does anyone care if I post?

I'll only check the game (and reply to questions if you point them out) if the answer for both questions are yes.

If either of them is no, I won't do anything. Sorry, but in this case it wouldn't only be a waste of time. It would be a waste of electricity. In this case, you'll find my opinion about this game in the Dead Topic. Even if you all are going to hate me because of thatm.
I told myself I'd shut up mainly because I realized it was antigonistic and hurt town to say certain things which would restart shit on me but I cannot stand reasoning like this. I can't stand people who'd do this.

Espeonage did it once in Assemble's. He was a Miller that game and town lost.
Dave did it once. He didn't even try to convince Dino I was scum. Town lost.
I don't remember who but someone said that in Stack the Deck. Town lost again.

Please, for the love of God, if your actually town, don't do this shit. Ever.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Mathdino »

idk i want to townread that

but it's also #badposting

i'm actually starting to get weird feelings about mutant
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Dino, focus. Do a VC to clear your head and stay on target. You wanted to run only two people up. Are you changing that to three now?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Mathdino »

no i'm saying part of me doesn't actually want to run up aneninen

i'm treating pintu as if he's already lynched
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Ok, first of all: I am the better vig option. Sorry Gamma, but Dino is right: the stupid wagon on me was a death sentence as I'm not a PR. Town already made that mistake and there's no turning back. And yes, stupid wagon, fucking stupid wagon, because almost all the reads about me on this game were "that post from Pin looks like newb!town" or "I've seen "newb!scum playing like Pin". I subscribed to this game to play with experienced players to learn quickly and be contributive, but no matter how much effort I took (and yeah, a lot of effort using google translate almost the entire time to use the exact words I'm trying to say), no one really cared about what I had to say in this game. "You overexplain yourself" of fucking course I do, I don't speak fluent english, I'm here because of that. I really tried to be helpful, but it was impossible. Please, lynch or vig me this day, as I assume I will be more helpful being dead than alive in this game.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

Jay: I know.

But right now I seriously doubt if I did anything that would change anything.

I took a look while I was working and I saw no cases. Players are sheeping sheeping players. That's all I can see. Even during a brief look at all the pages I saw plenty of scummy posts from almost all of you. (You're no exception.) Would it be worth pointing the out? I'd spend hours with posting only to face the fact: noone would care.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am

Post by Mathdino »

@pintu: i'll listen to your reads if i'm still alive btw

hope you don't fall into the "fuck the community for D1 lynching me" mindset tbh
the first game i played with hyper-experienced players got me D1 lynched for bullshit reasons
sometimes it's more about charisma than anything else, which can be annoying but things get better
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am

Post by pinturicchio »

Secondly, and to be a little more positive, I did learn a lot with this game, so thank you all. Hope my flip helps anyone to build better cases on D2 as I feel every single case on this day was Dino talking shit and trying to be MVP.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1186, Mathdino wrote:@pintu: i'll listen to your reads if i'm still alive btw

hope you don't fall into the "fuck the community for D1 lynching me" mindset tbh
the first game i played with hyper-experienced players got me D1 lynched for bullshit reasons
sometimes it's more about charisma than anything else, which can be annoying but things get better
Don't worry, I'll keep playing as my english has already improved and I learned a lot from this game: I need more confidence on myself and my own cases and reads. I know you took time to read what I had to say and there are others that did too, so sorry for generalizing but that's how I felt this game.
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:02 am

Post by pinturicchio »

In post 1185, Aneninen wrote:Jay: I know.

But right now I seriously doubt if I did anything that would change anything.

I took a look while I was working and I saw no cases. Players are sheeping sheeping players. That's all I can see. Even during a brief look at all the pages I saw plenty of scummy posts from almost all of you. (You're no exception.) Would it be worth pointing the out? I'd spend hours with posting only to face the fact: noone would care.
Exactly how I feel, and it's even more unffair for you since you have done a lot to contribute. It just feels like people took two random wagons just to have a lynch and a vig target. Even if you flip scum, I would say it was just a lucky guess.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Mathdino »

Fuck I'm townreading this

God I don't want to fill 20 pages with a back and forth with luca but if this Anen/pintu read is bad then it might actually be scum in {luca, mutant}

Update: I will likely not be able to lock that NSG read given how little time we have
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Time limits and a town like this will do that for you. I only avoided the same fate because I shut up for a bit and North actually explained it in a better way then I could at the time.

@Dino: I thought you said you were townreading her or something earlier?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1183, Mathdino wrote:part of me doesn't actually want to run up aneninen
Me neither. That last post from him gave me some weird vibes and I'm not as confident as I was before, tbf.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1191, JaydragonKing wrote:@Dino: I thought you said you were townreading her or something earlier?
Not a lock though

Fuck it

I don't want to reward aneninen but

VOTE: mutant
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

Jay also "might" be Town after all. fwiw, but I'm never trusting him still.

Wait. I've got me an idea!

VOTE: mutant

@Dino: Sheep me on this one for now, please.

P-edit: NVM! :lol:

JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:19 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

Why do you guys always do this when I commit to a vote? It always makes me seem indecisive as hell.

VOTE: Mutant

So I basically accused the guy we were going to hang on like the first two pages.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1180, JaydragonKing wrote:I don't remember who but someone said that in Stack the Deck. Town lost again.
That was the worst, aka me. That was a selfish thing tbh because I hadn't been putting any effort in that game due to unforeseen irl stuff and then when I did have time to put effort in I had been wagoned up and refused to put in effort if I was just going to be lynched.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:33 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Wow okay, now there's a wagon on me... 4 votes.

Gamma has perfect reasons for voting for me.
Math is eh, you've been saying I've felt off all game but you've never said why.
And A50 and Jay are sheeping yet again.

Now I know what Anen feels like in there being no case.

Math, care to explain why you have now decided you want me lynched? You're the only one of the recent 3 that will probably have anything of substance to say.
I mostly just lurk now.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am

Post by Mathdino »

PoE
There's gotta be 3 scum somewhere
Can you link your recent scumgames so I can go verify my hypotheses for your tells
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 42, mutantdevle wrote:As for my scum meta, I just finished a Jester-Nightless Micro here. I was feeling confident that game as scum until the jester self-hammered and correctly identified me and my scum buddy as such :/
This is my only scum game. Admittedly, it's not very much and there's little to base my scum meta on. However, the PT could give you an insight into how I think as scum.
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”