Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Nemesis »

Yosarian2 wrote:You are a
backstabber
. You can daykill someone if in their very last post have specifically said that they trust you. You win with the town.
This is a beautiful role. I'd like to see it in games.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Nemesis wrote:
backstabber
. You can daykill someone if in their very last post have specifically said that they trust you. You win with the town.
I actually really like this role, for some odd reason.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

hasdgfas wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
backstabber
I actually really like this role, for some odd reason.
Awesome role.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

We'd have to have enough Daykill roles to make it non-obvious, however...

Otherwise, yeah, kinda cool role.
Retired as of October 2014.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Nemesis wrote: This is a beautiful role. I'd like to see it in games.
Strangely, I think I would use most of the roles I posted in this thread in games.

Hmmm...in fact, I've actually posted more then enough roles in this thread to make a large game out of those roles alone...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

You are an
Anarchist
. You don't listen to no rules. Therefore, you have your own rulesset.

The Rules:

1: This is a game. Having fun is a requirement.
2:
Please bold your votes. For example, Vote: RandomPerson. Votes that are not bolded will not be counted
3:
If you wish to change your vote, bold an unvote for the player you were voting and vote for the new player you are going to be voting. For example, Unvote: RandomPerson, Vote: ScummyPerson. If you do not unvote in this format, your vote will not be counted.

4:
Lynching will require a majority of the votes. You may Vote: No Lynch to decide to not lynch someone on a given day. No-lynching also requires a majority of the votes. Once a lynch is decided, the decision is final. Feel free to continue posting until the thread is locked, but unvoting before I check the thread will not prevent the player from being lynched.
Your lynch threshold is the original lynch threshold -1. You may not vote no lynch. If you unvote after a majority is reached before I declare the game twilight, the person you unvoted will not be lynched.
5:
If you get lynched or killed, you are dead. Post nothing; not even a “Bah!” post.
You may give as much information as you want in your final post.
6: Any questions, concerns, desires for me to prod, whatever PM me.
7:
Never quote anything that I PM to you.

8: Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate of me and your fellow players.
9:
No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, etc.

10:
Do not discuss this game outside the thread at any time, except if your role specifically allows you to do so.

11: You must confirm your role to me by PM.
12:
If you do not post for 3 days without notifying me that you will be away, you will be prodded. Not posting within 48 hours of the prod or getting prodded more than 3 times may result in replacement.

13: Each day will have an automatic deadline of 4 weeks. I may extend it in very special circumstances.
14:
If a majority is not reached by deadline, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be lynched.
If a majority is not reached by the deadline, you will be the lynch for the day instead.
15:
Red is my colour. Don't use it.
Use as much red as possible. And use bold as much as possible. The best would be a combination of red, or, in other words, bold red.
16: If any other player comes with a plan, you
must
do exactly the opposite of that. If you're massclaiming, you are not allowed to claim. If someone
doesn't
want you to claim, you must claim, etc. etc. etc.

You win when you're the sole survivor.
"This topic needs more CESc." --Vi
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Imat »

You are
Golden Globe Winner Hugh Laurie as House
. You have a near perfect ability to save victims of strange illnesses or the occasional bullet/stab wound. Because of this you may choose one person each night to protect. That person will be immune to all night kills and poison attempts.

Unfortunately, somebody stole your painkillers and you've been condescending ever since...More so than before...You must insult your intended target at some point within the day in order to protect them during the night. However, if another player points out your insults, you will be reported to the executives and will not be able to use your night power until another player calls you Town or another player claims Doctor, in which case you must insult them as well. You're House, even your friends are your targets.

If you want to be a mean Mod, any players investigating House will be given a Scum result. If you want to be the meanEST Mod, any players House protects are told he is guilty, in addition to the investigations.

Actually, thats not the worst role I've ever made, except for the loss of Protection when somebody notices your PR - Protect Restriction. If ever used, would need to be a large game with several Docs.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Mirth »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:You are an
Anarchist
. You don't listen to no rules. Therefore, you have your own rulesset.

The Rules:

1: This is a game. Having fun is a requirement.
2:
Please bold your votes. For example, Vote: RandomPerson. Votes that are not bolded will not be counted
3:
If you wish to change your vote, bold an unvote for the player you were voting and vote for the new player you are going to be voting. For example, Unvote: RandomPerson, Vote: ScummyPerson. If you do not unvote in this format, your vote will not be counted.

4:
Lynching will require a majority of the votes. You may Vote: No Lynch to decide to not lynch someone on a given day. No-lynching also requires a majority of the votes. Once a lynch is decided, the decision is final. Feel free to continue posting until the thread is locked, but unvoting before I check the thread will not prevent the player from being lynched.
Your lynch threshold is the original lynch threshold -1. You may not vote no lynch. If you unvote after a majority is reached before I declare the game twilight, the person you unvoted will not be lynched.
5:
If you get lynched or killed, you are dead. Post nothing; not even a “Bah!” post.
You may give as much information as you want in your final post.
6: Any questions, concerns, desires for me to prod, whatever PM me.
7:
Never quote anything that I PM to you.

8: Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate of me and your fellow players.
9:
No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, etc.

10:
Do not discuss this game outside the thread at any time, except if your role specifically allows you to do so.

11: You must confirm your role to me by PM.
12:
If you do not post for 3 days without notifying me that you will be away, you will be prodded. Not posting within 48 hours of the prod or getting prodded more than 3 times may result in replacement.

13: Each day will have an automatic deadline of 4 weeks. I may extend it in very special circumstances.
14:
If a majority is not reached by deadline, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first person to reach that number of votes will be lynched.
If a majority is not reached by the deadline, you will be the lynch for the day instead.
15:
Red is my colour. Don't use it.
Use as much red as possible. And use bold as much as possible. The best would be a combination of red, or, in other words, bold red.
16: If any other player comes with a plan, you
must
do exactly the opposite of that. If you're massclaiming, you are not allowed to claim. If someone
doesn't
want you to claim, you must claim, etc. etc. etc.

You win when you're the sole survivor.
But wouldn't the role automatically disregard even those rules? So technically he can do whatever he wants.

(Also this is a role I wouldn't want to be in a game with. See my usual status on mass claims.)

And so I don't feel like spamming (it's been a while since I contributed anything truely twisted. I feel like I need to live up to my title...):

Congratulations! You are
God
. You are all powerful and can do whatever you want in thread and during night actions. None of the rules apply to you and you are capabe of using any power you want. You cannot be killed by lynches, vigs, SKs, mafia, bombers, etc. Since you're the alpha and the omega, you've already won.

Bastard Mod Note: I am an atheist, and this role is written for atheist mods, otherwise it wouldn't really work. This role does not exist. If player disobeys game rules, he shall be modkilled. If player votes, daykills, sends in night actions, they shall be ignored. If three people say they don't believe in god, player will cease to exist (die). Otherwise the player really can't die being a nonentity. This does not matter as player's real win condition is to survive modwrath and atheism until end game with town with a bit of a twist. If town wins, Mod will then ask all surviving members if they believe in a diety. If even one person says "no" God still loses.
sonickid01
sonickid01
Townie
sonickid01
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:12 am

Post by sonickid01 »

I just came up with a few random roles. Someone may have come up with them before, in which case they were "rediscovered."

You are the
Obsessor
. Every night, (mod) will send you the name of a random person. The following Day, you must quote something from EVERY SINGLE POST which that person makes. You also may not vote for that person. You win with the town.

--

You are the
Scum's Defender
. You win with the town. The following person is scum: (insert mafia member here). You are tied to this person. If this person becomes lynched then the town loses. If they are nightkilled, nothing happens and you become a normal townie. You also may not reveal your role to anyone.

Meh, I just came up with those. :^P
Avatar was originally done by Demetri Martin, smartest comedian in the world. It was then uploaded to the 'net by some guy.
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Booker »

You are a
Townie
, and have only your vote and posting abilities. During the day, try to figure out who's working against the town and lynch them. You win when no threats to the town remain.

Mod note
: Is, in fact, the
Stereotypical Movie Werewolf
. Every night, a player who didn't sign up publicly and was contacted privately by the mod may send in a nightkill on SMM's behalf. Silver isn't really used for weapons anymore, which makes SMM immune to nightkills. SMM is also incredibly easily distracted, and if anyone targets either him or his target, he fails to finish them off. In this case, the target loses any night-abilities (Not that he knows that) and the mod goes off PMing for another SMM-player. SMM-players win when only werewolves remain.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:30 am

Post by armlx »

Booker, I actually ran a similar role in Random Mafia 2 and it won. It was Chuck Norris, was told he was a night action immune townie. Every night they were alive a random kill on someone else occurred and they actually won without the town.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Booker »

...They? As in, more than one Chuck Norris? :shock:
That said, it's not surprising. Practically a harder-to-catch SK.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

They, as in the singular gender-neutral pronoun.

Chuck Norris does not need your binary gender definitions.
Retired as of October 2014.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

You are a
Reasonable Townsperson
. You tried to tell everybody that daily lynch mobs would deplete the population. You tried to tell them the execution platform would scare away tourism, but nobody listened. You refuse to participate in the same barbaric violence as the rest of the town and can only vote "No Lynch".

You win if the game ends with fewer than 3 lynches.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Mirth »

NabakovNabakov wrote:You are a
Reasonable Townsperson
. You tried to tell everybody that daily lynch mobs would deplete the population. You tried to tell them the execution platform would scare away tourism, but nobody listened. You refuse to participate in the same barbaric violence as the rest of the town and can only vote "No Lynch".

You win if the game ends with fewer than 3 lynches.
Soooo definately not a character from Maurice Ogden's "The Hangman"...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I think lying to God is rather mean.

when's the last time God lied to you?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by The Jester »

You're Ray Charles.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by armlx »

The Jester wrote:You're Ray Charles.
Lol.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:08 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

You are
Perfect
. Unlynchable, unnightkillable, innocence announced in the opening post. Infinite actions of any nature to be taken during the day or night. You've already won.

April Fools!
You're a miller. Good luck!
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Twomz »

You are Frankenstein... rock on baby.

You are Rick Astley, you win if you can get someone to admit to clicking on a link that goes to one of your videos that was suppose to be something else... roflcopterz.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Mirth »

Twomz wrote:You are Rick Astley, you win if you can get someone to admit to clicking on a link that goes to one of your videos that was suppose to be something else... roflcopterz.
Not to hard. Just put them in a game with me. (Though I really dont understand why people keep linking that song...its not like its *that* horrible.)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I just got rickrolled today, heh.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by The Jester »

armlx wrote:
The Jester wrote:You're Ray Charles.
Lol.
Apparently brail doesn't work in PM.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Twomz »

Mirth wrote:
Twomz wrote:You are Rick Astley, you win if you can get someone to admit to clicking on a link that goes to one of your videos that was suppose to be something else... roflcopterz.
Not to hard. Just put them in a game with me. (Though I really dont understand why people keep linking that song...its not like its *that* horrible.)
I didn't link to "Never gonna give you up" ;). (You're curious now bwahaha, is it really another song, or am i just saying that to get you to click the link! <evil cackle>...<cough>)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by Mirth »

Twomz wrote:
Mirth wrote:
I didn't link to "Never gonna give you up" ;). (You're curious now bwahaha, is it really another song, or am i just saying that to get you to click the link! <evil cackle>...<cough>)
(I did click it. It sounds like he just recycles the instrumental tracks from one song to another, so there really isnt a difference)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”