Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:57 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2199, Momrangal wrote:Possible but like, I am under the assumption that traitor is informed and the scum team is informed of there being one, but not who it is.
calling scumteam as A50/beefster still
mafia ascetic strongman + mafia jailkeeper

any scumteam that doesn't account for iconeum getting wasted is a bad one though

not_mafia likely to actually be motion detector
IB is probably locktown and the worst can check that
the worst is more likely to just die tbh
kthx is confirmed follower

so mastina roleblocked me or A50 is the strongman
them gladiating each other is consistent with that
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Momrangal »

Ascetic strongman?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Momrangal »

The issue I have with Beef is thus.

Why would he jail me of all people as scum? I wasn't particularly the most involved D1
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Momrangal »

Never mind I didn't see that you had already mentioned Asectic.

Still, if A50 is scum I will not see Mastin as scum in any scenarip
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Beefster »

In post 2152, Carrot and Stick wrote:
In post 1784, Mathdino wrote:This was after acryon's flavour claim. It has to be flavour related.
OR.
Not_Mafia is just a scumfuck who was defending his scumbuddy.

No flavor necessary.
Or he legitimately thought his traitor was town...
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:34 am

Post by Beefster »

In post 2202, Momrangal wrote:The issue I have with Beef is thus.

Why would he jail me of all people as scum? I wasn't particularly the most involved D1
Because your D1 posting was weird and you looked scummy. Given the night interactions, I def think you're town now.

mastina could have roleblocked, but given her scumspects, I find that unlikely unless A50 flips town. I can see her bussing a traitor, but not a regular scum partner.

Not_Mafia is probably the third scum if A50 flips scum.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:35 am

Post by Beefster »

Actually, Not_Mafia is probably scum regardless. It's mastina who is conditional on A50's alignment.
Get to know a meat boy
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:50 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Brafin:

I didn't get as much time to get my flowchart going as I thought, but I would be cool with a A50 lynch. Let's not be super hasty though, we need to take our time and work stuff out as town. Let's make the most of this:

I'm on post #790, and I'd like to say a few things.
KTB is prob town because of the whole No-lynch thing.
Mom's quickvote on Ico has me concerned. So does Bu's.
Bu also has what appears to be faked confusion in an interaction with TW. Not sure why.

C&S almost threw me. They really did. Their first posts were rather town, esp. at the NL move, despite the blatant bussing. I actually had to take a step back and rethink my scumteam.
Then I stepped out of Flowchart mode and into "I've always been here" mode, and I found the problem.
In post 795, Carrot and Stick wrote:
1: Anyone who claims a vig that does not vig the fuck out of acryon will be lynched.

No seriously. Cannot emphasize that enough. If a vig exists in the game, they shoot acryon tonight. NO excuses. No alternatives. No justification is acceptable. None whatsoever. Failure to vig acryon WILL result in your lynch later in the game.

2: We are no-lynching today.

We are not lynching Mathdino.
While I acknowledge theoretically there's the lolwifom behind gladiating a scumbuddy, acryon is a scumfuck who was going down and just gladiated two of the players overall most widely townread and strongest in being proactive AND both of them just so happened to be advocating for his lynch.

They are town.
We are not mislynching for the sake of lynching D1.
We are NOT going to lynch someone we already know is town.
Just because "but they could be scum in theory!". Sure they could be scum in theory, but they AREN'T. They're town. Period.

VOTE: No Lynch.

Any questions?
In post 1041, Carrot and Stick wrote:
Iconeum is a backup of my role. (Something I guessed at D1 which is one of the reasons I was defending him so adamantly--I don't know HOW, but somehow, I just
knew
that he was a backup JOAT specifically.)

My JOAT has an investigative action I am not disclosing at this time, but this is why I doubt Not_Mafia has anything indicating acryon to be town.
My JOAT has a roleblocker--this is why I know scum don't have one, because RB vs. RB is an ugly interaction moderators want to avoid. (Theoretically speaking, scum could have a jailkeeper I guess since RB vs. RB variant isn't as ugly, but as a general rule of thumb, mods avoid doubling down on roleblockers.)
My JOAT has a protective action I am not disclosing at this time. This is why I counterclaimed Mathdino, but indicated our roles could coexist as town a belief I maintain to be true.

The nature of my role is such that it is a role which would fit as a scum role, thus my comment about it.
The nature of my role is such that because my protective in spite of being stronger than a bodyguard is only one-shot is why I believe Mathdino's bodyguard claim and also believe that the kill was strongmanned.

I'd prefer not to flavor-claim since if I did that might give away the exact investigative/protective powers I have (I don't know how closely associated flavor is to ability), and I'd very much prefer not to claim what specifically my investigative/protective powers are and I CERTAINLY would prefer not to claim what action if any I took last night at this time until I deem such information pertinent, but these are all important facts to know which I feel would be lost if I died before revealing them, so here they are.
Yeah, I have a question:
The "standard" JOAT is a one-shot Cop, one-shot Doctor, one-shot Vig, and one-shot Roleblocker.
-- Wiki

Where's you're vig ability?
You don't have one, do you? Because you don't need one because you have a nightkill because YOU ARE SCUM.
You won't claim because you blocked MD last night. There is no Strongman (Something I doubted anyways), there's just an inspiration of parinoia in town. Because If this is truly a Role Madness game, you can never say for sure the exact compositon of scum or town. I mean, look! There's another RB/JK role, JUST LIKE YOU SAID THERE WOULDN'T BE.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:52 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Brafin:

In short, for those who are failing to comprehend, C&S said that anyone who had a NK should be shooting Acryon, else they were scum. He then proceeds to claim a role that SHOULD have a vig ability, but for no stated reason does not.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Mathdino »

InfernoBrafin, I've literally never seen the "standard" JOAT in any theme game. The wiki is based on 10-year-old mod meta.

Please please don't try to determine alignment based on role. There are better arguments to be made, and better things to spend our time on (in fact more than a paragraph in response to this post is going to be wasted time; no one expects every JOAT to be a cop/vig/roleblocker).
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:47 am

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Inferno:

Agreed. I also think, however, despite any of James' thoughts, that C&S is as scummy as frick and should be lynched tomorrow at the very latest.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2207, InfernoBrafin wrote:I'm on post #790, and I'd like to say a few things.
KTB is prob town because of the whole No-lynch thing.
Mom's quickvote on Ico has me concerned. So does Bu's.
Bu also has what appears to be faked confusion in an interaction with TW. Not sure why.
So if you don't terribly mind a bit of critique

You kind of have the opposite problem of mastina with your catchup. While she overexplains and overdramatises everything while dumping walls of logic and flair on every event involving anyone else

you're kind of just saying things to show you're still with us, you're still catching up, and you have relevant thoughts, but they're not actually adding anything to the gamestate.

- Multiple people tried to "no lynch", you don't explain here what's any townier about Kthx's NL vote. In fact, I think it's scummier than anyone else's.
- Link us to the vote. You also fail to explain what scum motivation there is in Marangal and Bujaber going for the difficult lynch (Iconeum) over the relatively easy lynch (me).
- What? What faked confusion? If you tell us why, we might be able to help you.

- And in order for me to go back and check your work, I have to go manually find post 790, when you could use quotes or the [ post ][ /post ] tags to immediately link us there.

This is combined with your fixation over relatively minor setup-based things (like mastina's JOAT claim) that can really just be factchecked by asking anyone who's played 1 or 2 theme games on this site.
Like your hydra partner. Who you know is trustworthy.

I guess what I'm saying is a lot of what you're posting belongs in your hydra chats rather than the thread, until
A. You want to get second opinions on things (in which case you should be opening up discussions)
B. You want to actually start pushing a case/theory/narrative (in which case you should catch up first).
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Okay. Yes, I'm looking to get second opinions and start making discussion, I guess I'm not going about it very well. :p
I am caught up BTW. I just am finding a total review of the game state really refreshing and connective. It's helping me scumhunt for sure.

For KTB, I feel like she's most likely town because when the NL movement started shortly after the gladiate, she hopped in whole-heartedly, unlike other players did later, and didn't ever change it. I feel like that's unlikely to come from scum.
For Mom, I have no idea where I got that from. I must have misread beef as Mom or something. That was unfounded. But Bu votes unquestioningly for Ico two posts after the gladiate, without any reads or conversation. I don't like that.
I think I have Bu and Mom backwards. But still,Mom has an interesting "fake confusion"-vibe post on . I don't like that either.
N_M is starting to drop off my scum radar. Like, after the gladiate his actions become very townie IMO.

Thoughts?
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Mathdino »

all of that sounds consistent with the idea of a lynchpool of {A50, mastina, Beefster} for the next few days barring any shenanigans

so i guess i'm ready for the lynch once A50 pops in and admits his folly of not being on the acryon wagon :P
InfernoBrafin
InfernoBrafin
Goon
InfernoBrafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Post by InfernoBrafin »

Brafin:

LOL it's because I can't read my own freaking flowchart. Go figure.
Or is it James390?

A hydra of
Inferno390
and
James Brafin.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by the worst »

bu satan confirmed
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by the worst »

bu satan confirmed
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by BuJaber »

@mod - VC pretty please

Who's the holdout? Apart from mastina (lmao at the dead player vote) and A50.

Like obviously I'm not serious about waiting for a50 to self hammer. If he doesn't post we hammer.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm holding out till I can get a sense of how acryon felt toward A50.

I kinda feel like there might be a commuter with all the investigate claims so that it throws us off like it threw me off.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 683, acryon wrote:
In post 677, the worst wrote:
In post 586, acryon wrote:For full-disclosure, here is a full list:
Town
Almost50
the worst
Carrot & Stick

Lean-town
Not_Mafia
InfernoBrafin (James Brafin + Inferno390)
Momrangal

Null
Kthxbye
Mathdino

Lean-scum
TheGoldenParadox
Iconeum
BuJaber

Scum
Beefster
Can you talk me through how you got from here to selecting these two players? Do you think they're scum together?
Overall, I wanted to pick players I was scumreading that had a smaller chance of typically being lynched, playing it similarly to how I would play a vig. I think if Beefster or Bu specifically are scum, town will get them soon enough.

Math had been quickly moving moving down the spectrum for me, as I mentioned. To be completely honest, part of the reason I selected him is because I am frustrated with his read progression on me, but ultimately I can't see town!Dino allowing himself to be coached into the crappy dive he did on me.

I think it's very possible they are a team together, especially considering how Icon seemed to be coaching Math toward me, which makes sense given the lack of day-talk.
This post specifically I think is crucial. Notice who is in town and lean-town. CS is there to my surprise as well as A50, NM, and Mom. I think this post is important b/c he was setting up his reason for the 2 gladiator targets with his reads list. MD was a high town pick for him till MD went after acryon. I think scum lies within his town reads and not his scum reads.

fuck it. based on that line of thought:

VOTE: A50

That's L-1
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Here it is with color coordination
In post 586, acryon wrote:For full-disclosure, here is a full list:
Town

Almost50
the worst
Carrot & Stick

Lean-town

Not_Mafia
InfernoBrafin (James Brafin + Inferno390)
Momrangal

Null

Kthxbye

Mathdino

Lean-scum

TheGoldenParadox

Iconeum

BuJaber

Scum

Beefster
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Maybe 1 in BJ/Beefster?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 pm

Post by BuJaber »

My issue is that I don't think mastina is scum.
That means if beef is scum then mom has to be scum too; which clears everyone else unless we have 4 scum.

Mom could be scum independently from beef.

NM could be scum with or without A50 but he is looking like town.

If A50 is town this game is harder but we should have this anyway. And the odds of him flipping town are so so low right now.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:50 am

Post by Momrangal »

Let me know when I can drop the Hamme
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:59 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 2205, Beefster wrote:
In post 2202, Momrangal wrote:The issue I have with Beef is thus.

Because your D1 posting was weird and you looked scummy. Given the night interactions, I def think you're town now.

mastina could have roleblocked, but given her scumspects, I find that unlikely unless A50 flips town. I can see her bussing a traitor, but not a regular scum partner.

Not_Mafia is probably the third scum if A50 flips scum.
Yes that's my point. I can't parse any scum-motivation from you with that night action

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”