hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by hebichan »

Ahh I'm sorry about being a lurker....

I just hated phone typing and I only had a laptop again for a few days.

Also, isn't espionage a lurker at this point?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Chara »

i also apologize. i've been busy with various things related to a change of house.
Venmar and Varsoon are town, CoolDog has continued to give me bad vibes but i don't have a good reason, and no reads on the rest. working on it. i'm trying to not just be lazy and lynch Math, i want to see if i really think he's scum.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@Gamma: Not really. It's only natural that I'm bummed as fuck for not getting to use abilities that the setup is literally designed around.
Fuck off with the whole 'MAN ANYONE WHO IS BUMMED THAT THEY CANT BE A MECHANICAL PART OF THE GAME DUE TO ACTION FAILURE IS SCUM"
I am literal proof of that tell being absolute bullshit by sheer virtue of being bummed AND being town.
Furthermore, my apathy/frustration is more directed at the fact all my scumreads are coming up green.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

@venmar.

Ok. MAYBE it was phrased rude. Let me outline specific questions you didn't answer.

WHY didn't you tell us.

WHY didn't you lie and say your night action went through (and see if anyone else lies, or see who jumps or doesn't jump).

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US!

What ability could possibly be better than everyone other town persons ability combined? Like even a global night heal just puts us back to where we started - for what purpose?

Can third parties be in this game?
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In b4 someone says im reacting to ppls roles again. I'm reacting to how the explain them and how they use them.

Games played.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by hebichan »

No, no. Your reaction there was completely different from how varsoon was acting before.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Are you town reading me now?

Games played.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by hebichan »

I'm kinda null reading you... I still find some of your back and forth with dino kinda awkward....

But I've liked your last reaction here.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I wasn't really sure about you until this moment either. I feel a little better.

Games played.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

bleh only half done
I'll either be back into the game or request replacement by tomorrow night
To be clear: quack
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok before I actually dive or at least pretend to dive in to the thread, why are people still listening to this narrative that we need to leave an active scummy person alive because it is better for the game? Because that is plain wrong.

My looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and shits everywhere like a duck line stands.

Ven and Var are both town I reckon, different reasons but I'm pretty sure I've been over both reads in the past and they stand. Varsoon feels genuine here especially in regards to the roleblock.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 675, hebichan wrote:Ahh I'm sorry about being a lurker....

I just hated phone typing and I only had a laptop again for a few days.

Also, isn't espionage a lurker at this point?
Yeah I've been skimming. Mostly because there's shitall to do until people stop believe a really shitty defense.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok theory.

opposing faction to Math is scared of the wagon because it's fucking taboo or some shit and so combine that with not bussing is why there's no traction today when there was traction yesterday, a town flip on the opposing wagon, and a bunch of scumread town dead people.

bc afaik those kinda all point to reasons why occams points clearer to math scum.

This stands even if it is an SK or whatever. I stg if you are town and had a compulsive strongman night 1 vig OR PGO and you haven't claimed, you're a fuckwit.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 600, Venmar wrote:dino's vca analysis also confuses me since if he genuinely thinks his wagon was almost all town-motivated, why does that makes him not-scum since scum would be happy to join such a wagon for a free mislynch? the resistance to dino being lynched is what concerns me. it's also incomplete since he just stop analysis after a while

here is dino's wagon at it's biggest extent prior to napoleon's lynch:

Mathdino(7) ~
CooLDoG(25)
Venmar(46)
, Espeonage(30),
DeathNote(35)
Kublai Khan(18)
Vaxkiller(47)
Napoleon III(20)

three have flipped as town. i know i am town, and for the timebeing im happy to give vaxx and cooldog townread leans. this means this was an almost all-town pushed wagon, with the possible exception of espeonage. It'd be really impressive for a big majority of the town to pile onto ANOTHER town member and for scum to just fuck-off to another wagon for (??) reasons.

will note that i think varsoon's floppiness on dino's wagon is something i am going to scumread. varsoon joined early, which reads as bussing, then jumps off when a lynch becomes possible only to return to soft-voting dino when the coast is clear open of day 2 ???????????????

pedit: reading me as "venmar" is fair since i indeed, am venmar. what happened to your diehard read on me in vca?
This had me mulling for ages, so I went back to get it. Why are you more inclined to think your reads are perfect when your own theory gets disproven by your analysis, over thinking you are wrong in your reads?

Also why are you not actively trying to make me a dead person if you are happy to give green highlighting to everyone in your pool of at least 1 scum except me. Don't be shit at the game please, you are the closest we have to an IC right now.
Don't @ me.
Sir Elton Hercules John
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Sir Elton Hercules John
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Sir Elton Hercules John »

In post 660, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 653, Venmar wrote:
@Mod: If it hasn't been so already, can we get a prod on the Trodded Tripod?
He let me know he was going to be out of town until Sunday.
Hey guys I'm the fucking worst. I've had a chain of LA/No Internet/LA the last few weeks and since the average post density is so high and I was reading everything on my phone I kept saying "eh I'll deal with this later"

I hate to promise content, but I super duper promise with a cherry on top that I will start participating fully tomorrow (Monday). If you want me to demand that I replace out or lurker lynch me before then I completely understand, but me being a member of this game for real until I die happens in the next 18 hours.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 673, Varsoon wrote:Useless tell, I'm town.
Again, I can mechanically prove it.

That tell is maybe more useful in an Open or non-role madness game. I think literally everyone in this game would want to get their negative abilities out the way so they could use their positive utility sooner.

Anyway, I'm townreading you, Venmar. Sorry for not voting you, I guess? If that makes my actions inconsistent with the logic I laid down earlier, guess I'll just have to be a loser like that.
If on d4 you have not been confirmed I will lynch you.
In post 674, Gamma Emerald wrote:Lol even in rolemadness that tell can be used
pretty much yes. He was like, damn, the guy I wanted to lynch wasn't, shit, now what do I do to look town. Although, honestly, lynching varsoon would be stupid, he was active and has made good posts in this thread in past days. not willing to vote him, but I do get the scum vibes that venmar is getting. But, your point is not well taken, because varsoon is denying that the tell is good at all, not that it doesn't apply to theme games. His role is another, separate, reason not lynch him.
In post 676, Chara wrote:i also apologize. i've been busy with various things related to a change of house.
Venmar and Varsoon are town, CoolDog has continued to give me bad vibes but i don't have a good reason, and no reads on the rest. working on it. i'm trying to not just be lazy and lynch Math, i want to see if i really think he's scum.
why the hell do lurkers always do this. Why is it when you call them out, they always come back and say that the person calling them out is scummy and never actually provide any reasons??? Like, just come back tomorrow when you have more time with an actual post instead? Or compose parts of a good post on breaks.
In post 684, SleepyKrew wrote:bleh only half done
I'll either be back into the game or request replacement by tomorrow night
does this give skrew town points or not?

I need to think on espe's points. Why am I not so gung ho on math dino today... hmmm... it is a good question. But we can lynch his ass anytime we want, but if we don't lynch him soon we probably never will... Urrg, keeping lurkers around is bad, scum have no incentive to kill them. Dino wagon also doesn't reveal new info, presumably, it isn't like we will know anything new. Why not wagon someone else, then if that peters out we still have plenty of time before deadline to lynch him. Hell, he already claimed. Goddamn this bullshit of prioritizing pushing scum reads for optimal play. Some of ya'll are just going to have to make compromises and wagon someone. IF it is on one of my scumspects I'll jump to it.

In post 689, Sir Elton Hercules John wrote:
In post 660, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 653, Venmar wrote:
@Mod: If it hasn't been so already, can we get a prod on the Trodded Tripod?
He let me know he was going to be out of town until Sunday.
Hey guys I'm the fucking worst. I've had a chain of LA/No Internet/LA the last few weeks and since the average post density is so high and I was reading everything on my phone I kept saying "eh I'll deal with this later"

I hate to promise content, but I super duper promise with a cherry on top that I will start participating fully tomorrow (Monday). If you want me to demand that I replace out or lurker lynch me before then I completely understand, but me being a member of this game for real until I die happens in the next 18 hours.
it better be good. That's all I'm saying. Also, once you get into the flow of the game, it gets easier. It is in more of the old style of playing, which is actually easier for me to follow than the bullshit spam posters.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

Not Voting (5): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), SleepyKrew(5), Chara(12), pirate mollie(4), Vaxkiller(4)

should not be a thing when it is 7 to lynch and the biggest wagon is a whopping 2 people.
after a wank.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by hebichan »

In post 691, CooLDoG wrote:Not Voting (5): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), SleepyKrew(5), Chara(12), pirate mollie(4), Vaxkiller(4)

should not be a thing when it is 7 to lynch and the biggest wagon is a whopping 2 people.

Scum is trying to kill out motivation, but town on that list better start contributing.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Chara »

In post 690, CooLDoG wrote:why the hell do lurkers always do this. Why is it when you call them out, they always come back and say that the person calling them out is scummy and never actually provide any reasons??? Like, just come back tomorrow when you have more time with an actual post instead? Or compose parts of a good post on breaks.
that post was so i wouldn't be prodded. calm down. it's also why i posted. i didn't even know you were "calling me out", all i remember is you voting me for a misunderstanding of the setup despite discussion in thread that should have made it clear i was one of many affected. if you said something else after that (i know you said it was your bad) i really did not read it.
and: this reaction is a little towny.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:45 am

Post by pirate mollie »

okay I am back

I have caught up and this is where I am at:

I am not a fan of venmar this game. mebbe it is cos I disagree with his overall approach from d1 to the present but I don't that he wld announce that he global blocked every1 n1. it puts a big target on his head and it puts himself in a position where he will now be accountable for every move he makes. having said that:

@venmar - why are you not scumhunting off of the napolean wagon? it just seems very odd to me

cooldog is growing on me. like a fungus.

my love for gamma has dropped. does anybody else get the feeling that he is trying not to make waves? GAMMA WHY U NO MAKE WAVES? it wld have been cool to have formed a solid basis for a townblock on d1, but gamma is not tickling my town senses.

I still feel pissy about the global block. it sets me back a day.

charo is some1 who piques my interest.

hebi I only know from 1 game in which I replaced out of.

math has dropped down a town leanish, it is dependent on a cple of flips. I don't think espy/math are a team and it wld be interesting to see where espy goes if math flips town.

I expect grande things from elton. grande things. he gets a pass for now.

varsoona is still on my need to watch list.

questions for everybody:

if you were to 1v1 somebody who wld it be?

second question, who is your towniest read at the moment? mine unfortunately is the person who ruined my plans and I will never stop bitching about them.

I am still at a loss as to how 2 nks went through when every1 apparently has been blocked. I have played a game on another site where scum got a randomized nk, so I guess that cld be a thing? it wld be a negative utility for scum I suppose. I dunno set up spec is not my thing.

what I do know are the claims we have on the table:

venmar's negative is a global roleblock
math's negative is a janitor

thinking this over venmar is likely to be nked if he is town since he is that much closer to achieving his targeted ability while the rest of us are set back. at least I think we all are, if scum weren't I hardly think they wld announce it. hhhhmmm

this is all assuming venmar is town. if he flips scum and is going for super ballsy play then I rescind all of this and we will all pretend that I was not wrong and that my original wiggles had merit.

also

sleepy krew. hi
whew!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 688, Espeonage wrote:This had me mulling for ages, so I went back to get it. Why are you more inclined to think your reads are perfect when your own theory gets disproven by your analysis, over thinking you are wrong in your reads?

Also why are you not actively trying to make me a dead person if you are happy to give green highlighting to everyone in your pool of at least 1 scum except me. Don't be shit at the game please, you are the closest we have to an IC right now.
probably shouldn't have had you mulling for ages. the green highlights aren't set in stone (like my tr on vaxx is weaker now than in d1), and just because i think you were the least likely town on the wagon that doesn't mean i have to be compelled to death-tunnel you, especially if in my mind the whole wagon was on scum (dino) in the first place, making him my priority in all scenarios of my pov. game doesn't revolve around you. just because i haven't sorted you on the wagon but have somewhat sorted others, like who the wagon was on, doesn't make me an idiot. i'd appreciate if you weren't shit at the game as well
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 678, Vaxkiller wrote:@venmar.

Ok. MAYBE it was phrased rude. Let me outline specific questions you didn't answer.

WHY didn't you tell us.

WHY didn't you lie and say your night action went through (and see if anyone else lies, or see who jumps or doesn't jump).

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US!
maybe im a retarded little child but i still don't know what you want from me. if you're asking why i didn't warn everyone day 1 that i was going to do it, i didn't think it was necessary at the time, and if anything i felt letting the mafia know that everyone was about to globally roleblocked would've informed them on how to act. in either case i tried to soft-hint it to dino by telling him to use his janitor so i could block it and see his reaction next day, but i didn't feel comfortable pushing my roleblock further.

re Esp & PM
- shading me when they consider me being an ic/hard town is interesting. im not scumreading this mentality, mainly because in my last game where i was town i just kind of hard attacked the mod-confirmed IC for being an idiot. i might even treat it as a towntell to be completely honest because of that. will ponder it
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 677, Varsoon wrote:@Gamma: Not really. It's only natural that I'm bummed as fuck for not getting to use abilities that the setup is literally designed around.
Fuck off with the whole 'MAN ANYONE WHO IS BUMMED THAT THEY CANT BE A MECHANICAL PART OF THE GAME DUE TO ACTION FAILURE IS SCUM"
I am literal proof of that tell being absolute bullshit by sheer virtue of being bummed AND being town.
Furthermore, my apathy/frustration is more directed at the fact all my scumreads are coming up green.
what when did I post that
I haven't looked at this game all day but I swear I haven't said that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 692, hebichan wrote:
In post 691, CooLDoG wrote:Not Voting (5): Sir Elton Hercules John(1), SleepyKrew(5), Chara(12), pirate mollie(4), Vaxkiller(4)

Scum is trying to kill out motivation, but town on that list better start contributing.
Guess who I'm voting
that's right SleepyKrew, get with me on that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Answers to mollie's questions:
would 1v1 Skrew
Strongest townread is prob Venmar
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”