Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 294, Venmar wrote:i don't think im sheeping anyone actually, lol. if i am its a pure coincidence since i just kind of skimmed the thread and those two reads were the ones that jumped out at me.

im townreading chara because of this post:
In post 207, Chara wrote:like this isn't AI. maybe it is but i wouldn't know how to look at it. i hate reading it, not because it's noise (i really don't care about noise), but because i can see what both of you are trying to say. but there's no clear communication, just a series of misinterpretations. that's why it's taking pages and pages to explain simple things on, now, both fronts.
which just screams "hey i'm town, slap that on me pls". chara here is giving genuine, well-intentioned guidance and structure to the discussion, and combined with chara's discussion regarding claims, which again feel like he's trying to steer us solely into town's benefits, i think chara is coming from a strong townie mindset

maid cafe is town because im mirror telling them regarding their points on onthemark and because i think their questioning of mark in general was a productive exercise of scumhunting
While I disagree with Venmars conclusion this feels genuine regardless. Take back my sr town lean
Well that was easy once I can fully be awake
~Maki
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:56 am

Post by Chara »

and that would be why i believe iconeum is scum.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 301, Chara wrote:and that would be why i believe iconeum is scum.
vote em with me and I'll only buddy you half as hard as I normally do as
scum
town

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

So, Taly claimed a high utility scum role. That eh...makes me torn, for obvious reasons. I get that the roles were made before alignments were assigned, but the act of claiming such a role is *much* better for scum than town(since Taly just outed an investigative and can no longer catch scum lying using their role).

:-/

Also, haven't heard from Drixx. :(

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Chara »

could someone quote where Varsoon said roles were constructed before alignments so i can examine it for myself?
good point about outing an investigation.

Maki: sure, i might vote him. it looks like you're already making good on the whole "not buddying me" thing, though.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:04 am

Post by OnTheMark »

I wish people would actually talk with me instead of at me.

And I think one of Taly or RR is scum. Not necessarily an either or just at least one. I don’t like what Cerb did there.

I also wish people would explain Tabor to me and talk about how Taly doesn’t interact with recent stuff.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:05 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 8, Varsoon wrote:
Also, I want to reiterate this from the signup thread:
Do not expect that all the Spell Cards in this game reflect their real-game counterparts.
I've mostly tried to render the Magic the Gathering mechanics as Mafia mechanics, but some spells may have different mana costs, type, or effect than what you expect.
In short, flavor knowledge will not help you solve this game unless players claim their spell card flavors and their spell card flavors happen to match the real card flavors.
Also, as a very important heads up, a large part of this game design will include players gaining advantage over others if they have knowledge of the setup flavor.
For that reason, claiming flavor may have an actual mechanical detriment to your win condition.
Finally, Flavor has no bearing on alignment.
All alignments were generated AFTER roles were created.

TL;DR: Flavor can, to an extent, be gamed, but only IF CLAIMED. Flavor =/= Alignment.

If you have any flavor questions, feel free to ask in this thread or via PM.
@Chara It should read the underlined.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 8, Varsoon wrote:All alignments were generated AFTER roles were created.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 305, OnTheMark wrote:I wish people would actually talk with me instead of at me.

And I think one of Taly or RR is scum. Not necessarily an either or just at least one. I don’t like what Cerb did there.

I also wish people would explain Tabor to me and talk about how Taly doesn’t interact with recent stuff.
What do you wanna talk about
~Maki

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 308, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 305, OnTheMark wrote:I wish people would actually talk with me instead of at me.

~Maki
I need help sorting Tabor and how Taly seems to be deliberately post behind and not post anything relevant. See my prior post asking about it.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:11 am

So you're proposing that either I'm scum attempting to make badtown look like scum, scum with taly trying to distance from him, or....what? I don't see what it is about *my* play that influences your read on Taly.

There's nothing to explain about Tibor, I've never played with them and they haven't done anything worth paying attention to, imo. Also not sure what you mean about taly not interacting with recent stuff. I haven't seen them come in and post while ignoring things directed at them, so I really don't know what you expect anyone to get out of them not being here since the last time they were here.
-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:12 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 278, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 276, Chara wrote:ah, i thought you were making a vague meta point.
yes, that makes sense.

Taly did explain why they claimed, though.

pedit: i wouldn't really feel strongly about it. Taly hasn't done anything to be townread for.
Taly gave a reason yes.

However it feels manufactured.

Specifically because they have two short posts one of which claiming confusion so they had read. So if they were confused about your original post and saw no one was claiming why didn’t they ask you how you felt or try to ascertain what was going on. By asking Taly why I can see if the slot was not reading as indicated before or they were and chose to delay posting content.
This last paragraph specifically is my concern about Taly.

@Cerb
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In regards to your play it feels horrible like you’re trying to put a reason down to avoid interacting with my original points.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:14 am

In post 217, Taly wrote:I'm confused reading this conversation
In post 263, Taly wrote:
In post 100, Maid Cafe wrote:mastina's claim was anti town yes but anti town doesn't=scummy it was purely NAI she would've claimed that as mafia and town to help whatever side she's on gain an advantage the fact this is a topic of debate is silly
~Maki
Mastina's claim is anti-town but NAI?...

Also, claiming is both a blessing and hindrance to everyone, regardless of their alignment. I doubt any of us have normal roles or abilities, and I don't know if many have synergy with another.
In post 62, Chara wrote:
In post 32, OnTheMark wrote:@Chara Also interested in the fact you didn’t answer my beeboy question.

Has it played with beeboy before I wonder?
i feel like i was ignored here. :<

i'm a miller. i'll investigate as The End. thought about waiting until after pregame but there's really no reason not to claim now.
I feel more good about this claim than uneasy. I've been a Miller before, and I know personally, claiming that early is most helpful to the town.

So while flavor or mechanics do not reflect alignment here; I like what I'm seeing from
Chara
In post 113, Chara wrote:hey, let's everybody all claim how they get mana! that's a great idea.
To my understanding, I have a
very inconsistent
way of acquiring mana. But primarily, two ways:

1)
Not using my Planeswalker ability

2)
I target someone with my Planeswalker ability. For 2 phases, I gain Mana the same way they would, and I gain their abilities. I can only do this once per dayphase.

I'm literally a temporary copy-cat.
In post 232, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 62, Chara wrote:i'm a miller. i'll investigate as The End.
You're the me this game!
...Except you'll actually be nightkilled rather than be taken to 3p lylo. :shifty:
(That being said, I anticipate being dead before lylo this game, not by lynch.)
Pretty sure most people read their abilities and thought the same thing.
In post 235, Micc wrote:Trying to townblock on page 5 feels kinda insane to me.

I read the whole thread but most of it felt pretty meaningless. I'll be back when we can vote.

predit: oh look its mastina. looking forward to finally playing a game with you.
No response about Mastina's claim, though? ...Because it's affected by votes based on what she's stated.
Okay, I might see it. These posts are weird. The second one would be fine, if not for the existence of the first one. They were clearly around and reading etc, and chose not to post expect for a useless bit of fluff, then went back and responded to a bunch of older stuff, out of order even, so it's even less likely that they were just skimming previously and then came back and read. Either they were ISO'ing people, seemingly randomly, skimming and saving stuff to respond to later(when those responses weren't exactly extensive, so...why not respond to them immediately), or going out of their way to respond to things in this weird way.

-Cerb
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Chara »

In post 306, OnTheMark wrote:@Chara It should read the underlined.
thanks. and you can refer to me in the second person, it's ok. you won't explode.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 am

In post 312, OnTheMark wrote:In regards to your play it feels horrible like you’re trying to put a reason down to avoid interacting with my original points.
You overestimate your significance to me. I literally have no idea what those original points you think I'm avoiding are. :-/

-Cerb
Show

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 309, OnTheMark wrote:

~Maki
I need help sorting Tabor and how Taly seems to be deliberately post behind and not post anything relevant. See my prior post asking about it.
Tabor feels null they haven't really posted much of anything that makes me pull one way or another just fluff questions
Taly seemingly not being here at the gamestate when they post is an interesting take but posts alone make me cringe I'd call em a light sr.
Anything else on your mind? I'm curious why those 2 were the top 2 on your mind.
~Maki

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 am

Post by OnTheMark »

The claim is bad imho for two reasons.
1) Investigative (good point)
2) Taly has demonstrated reading in which no one claimed and then so Taly would see the thread ignored it or read it as a joke yet hasn’t read the thread to be confused. Taly can’t have read and not read the thread. That is where I am confused.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:17 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 313, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 217, Taly wrote:I'm confused reading this conversation
In post 263, Taly wrote:
In post 100, Maid Cafe wrote:mastina's claim was anti town yes but anti town doesn't=scummy it was purely NAI she would've claimed that as mafia and town to help whatever side she's on gain an advantage the fact this is a topic of debate is silly
~Maki
Mastina's claim is anti-town but NAI?...

Also, claiming is both a blessing and hindrance to everyone, regardless of their alignment. I doubt any of us have normal roles or abilities, and I don't know if many have synergy with another.
In post 62, Chara wrote:
In post 32, OnTheMark wrote:@Chara Also interested in the fact you didn’t answer my beeboy question.

Has it played with beeboy before I wonder?
i feel like i was ignored here. :<

i'm a miller. i'll investigate as The End. thought about waiting until after pregame but there's really no reason not to claim now.
I feel more good about this claim than uneasy. I've been a Miller before, and I know personally, claiming that early is most helpful to the town.

So while flavor or mechanics do not reflect alignment here; I like what I'm seeing from
Chara
In post 113, Chara wrote:hey, let's everybody all claim how they get mana! that's a great idea.
To my understanding, I have a
very inconsistent
way of acquiring mana. But primarily, two ways:

1)
Not using my Planeswalker ability

2)
I target someone with my Planeswalker ability. For 2 phases, I gain Mana the same way they would, and I gain their abilities. I can only do this once per dayphase.

I'm literally a temporary copy-cat.
In post 232, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 62, Chara wrote:i'm a miller. i'll investigate as The End.
You're the me this game!
...Except you'll actually be nightkilled rather than be taken to 3p lylo. :shifty:
(That being said, I anticipate being dead before lylo this game, not by lynch.)
Pretty sure most people read their abilities and thought the same thing.
In post 235, Micc wrote:Trying to townblock on page 5 feels kinda insane to me.

I read the whole thread but most of it felt pretty meaningless. I'll be back when we can vote.

predit: oh look its mastina. looking forward to finally playing a game with you.
No response about Mastina's claim, though? ...Because it's affected by votes based on what she's stated.
Okay, I might see it. These posts are weird. The second one would be fine, if not for the existence of the first one. They were clearly around and reading etc, and chose not to post expect for a useless bit of fluff, then went back and responded to a bunch of older stuff, out of order even, so it's even less likely that they were just skimming previously and then came back and read. Either they were ISO'ing people, seemingly randomly, skimming and saving stuff to respond to later(when those responses weren't exactly extensive, so...why not respond to them immediately), or going out of their way to respond to things in this weird way.

-Cerb
Exactly. Hence my confusion and I am wondering why.

And was hoping for input.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 316, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 309, OnTheMark wrote:

~Maki
Tabor feels null they haven't really posted much of anything that makes me pull one way or another just fluff questions
Taly seemingly not being here at the gamestate when they post is an interesting take but posts alone make me cringe I'd call em a light sr.
Anything else on your mind? I'm curious why those 2 were the top 2 on your mind.
~Maki
Tabor is because I don’t see any Gamma posts and I can read Gamma much better I think. I am struggling to figure out brass and I want to get people talking about slots in general so I can get a feel for the unknowns. It’s weird people don’t talk that slot to me because it’s somewhar active.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Chara »

Tibor hasn't done anything interesting to me, yet.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 160, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 158, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 149, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 139, Maid Cafe wrote:80% sure OMW is scum btw.

~B
What grounds for this?

-Tibor
I don't really like how when they argued with me it was from the POV of someone just arguing to prove there point and not really someone who is thinking about mine or there own posts.
The stubborn nature is something I'd ignore for the most part but they are also ignoring half the statements I made but was willing to argue me on issues that mostly aren't relevant so I don't think that there intention is to sort me even if they give 0 shits about readjusting there mastina read.

Also the buddying all the posters thing is also scummy af.

~B
Makes sense, thanks.

And for Venmar, exclusively, I have updated the signature.

-Tibor
Really? Tibor calling me town then saying Beeboy’s points make sense then not following up is not interesting to you? Gamma a hyperactive poster NOT posting is not interesting to you?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Chara »

saying something makes sense isn't agreeing with it. i also said someone made sense earlier, and it was about either a scumping or a scumread on me. i think it was you, actually.

Gamma not posting isn't interesting until it becomes a pattern, (need more time) or you can show me Gamma scumgames where he avoids the thread.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 299, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 260, Skybird wrote:Right now, I feel like either Maid Cafe or OTM is scum, I'm not sure which one though leaning towards Maid Cafe. I didn't like and from them.

Tibor and Lumia ping town to me. That is a gut read.

Pre-edit: Thanks Phosphophyllite
If OTM is town (and that's quite possible) this flips scum all the time and I'll prob want to vote here
In post 262, Iconeum wrote:Skybird, Creature, RR, Shinding D townread.

Maid Café should respond to . I love how she bashes OTM for not responding, yet doesn't answer herself.

Maid scumreading right now. Maybe lyncher - lynchee with OTM. That would be hilarious
Why do you townread Skybird I assume it's for the post above because the other 3 posts are just greetings and considering skybird has prob the worst post in the game I'm interested to see your answer.
~Maki

Yea, I have the worst post in the game so far. My work here is done.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 270, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 260, Skybird wrote:Right now, I feel like either Maid Cafe or OTM is scum, I'm not sure which one though leaning towards Maid Cafe. I didn't like and from them.

Tibor and Lumia ping town to me. That is a gut read.

Pre-edit: Thanks Phosphophyllite
What post pinged you as town? I know pings if true can be hard to explain but which post shouldn’t be.
I'm phone posting so it's a bit hard to find the post but I liked that they updated their signature to make it easier for us to remember who was who. I we I'll find the post when I get home.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”