Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1995, pidgey wrote:Nero - tu lo sabes
this feels like it was run through google translate
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 1981, Almost50 wrote:FWIW, my top town reads are: brass (obviously) >> ranmaru > Nero (unfortunately) > Shaziro
Why the hard townread on ran ?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1962, Shaziro wrote:So remember when I said that if there is a culture team they probably have to spread religion? A50 could literally just be that. Having a long elaborate way of saying “I’m China and spread Taoism” means nothing wrt alignment, and if he is China...why didn’t he say anything about the way banning silk affected him? I would assume China would be the one to be affected by that luxury ban the most, and the ban confirmation post suggested the same. Does making a big “riddle” crumb really mean he -is- China? All in all, I don’t think having that crumb changes a thing.

Pedit: fuck off Nero. Honestly and truly.

Titus, I changed my mind on banning silk later on and gave my reasoning, re-read my iso.
Also, being a Taoist I suspect there's another Chinese culture based role that does get affected by silk. I cannot predict anything beyond that as I don't play Civ XI myself (I think I played the first version only, or maybe the second.. I don't remember. All I remember is I played some game named Civilization that was a Microsoft product more than 2 decades ago)

Also also, you yourself mentioned something about a Town religion spreader somewhere, but you are now shading me for an confirmed claim (confirmed by the crumbs that are 100% my thing, and especially so in themed games) with a confirmed action (brass confirmed my action). You think Scum would target the IC? Why? If it did any harm he would be notified of it. If it was a killing action he was protected (and there's no point in notifying a kill target with a note). If it was just a "semi-cult" kind of thing the IC is the one most likely to be NK'd in subsequent nights.

Like, let me know what exactly you think my win con is and how it was best served by me targeting the IC and THEN we may have something to discuss. Right now you're not even making sense for me to engage you further.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 1947, brassherald wrote:I can confirm A50 did spread Taoism to me, was waiting until someone mentioned that if at all.

Also, I KNEW A50 was China! WOOT! Personal victory!
Did anything else happen to you last night?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 2028, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 1947, brassherald wrote:I can confirm A50 did spread Taoism to me, was waiting until someone mentioned that if at all.

Not anything of which I am aware.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

Post by pidgey »

Gamma spanish is my first language lol
-----------------
Sup
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:34 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1958, Titus wrote:Why? I know I was in the crowd of not lynching Creature but I'd at least harrass me.
I suppose that's fine to do (I mean I won't) but everyone knows scum creature just gets lynched D1 and taking on the attitude of "give him some time" would look horrible the next day and I doubt partners would be able to overcome being self-aware of that, let alone what purpose it would serve useful to them.

by the by, Dunker did not say the equivalent of that as Joey suggested. Was different.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 2001, pidgey wrote:I “touched” nero with the true word or our lord, jesus cheist

NO ONE

EXPECTS

LA INQUISICION ESPAÑOLAAA

JOEEEER MACHO QUE HEMOS LLEGADO A POR ELLOS
fucking lmao
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1964, Titus wrote:
VLA Until Sunday

My birthday is tomorrow.
Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and merry times.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1965, brassherald wrote:No discernible or tangible night effect.
Thanks for the reminder. This is EXACTLY what it says in my PM.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Whoever speculated that religion works like a fruit vendor and AD's post about religion based resolutions...there's a happy medium between the two.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1967, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1880, Nero Cain wrote:Joey, is Bujaber scum for trying to force a town read on Dunk by claiming he was the same role as koki?
He is 100% Scum with Creature, yes
. And he will now stop posting and replace out (a tactic he uses when he's scum and under pressure, and I'm wondering what happened to the "tactical scum replace out are prohibited and will get you banned" rule)
Just to be honest here. The bolded still stands IMHO. The rest I was mixing BuJ with someone else.

Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 2029, brassherald wrote:

Can you think of a reason that someone other than a religion spreader would want to target you?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2036, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1967, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1880, Nero Cain wrote:Joey, is Bujaber scum for trying to force a town read on Dunk by claiming he was the same role as koki?
He is 100% Scum with Creature, yes
. And he will now stop posting and replace out (a tactic he uses when he's scum and under pressure, and I'm wondering what happened to the "tactical scum replace out are prohibited and will get you banned" rule)
Just to be honest here. The bolded still stands IMHO. The rest I was mixing BuJ with someone else.
Why is Bujaber red scum as opposed to orange scum?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2031, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1958, Titus wrote:Why? I know I was in the crowd of not lynching Creature but I'd at least harrass me.
I suppose that's fine to do (I mean I won't) but everyone knows scum creature just gets lynched D1 and taking on the attitude of "give him some time" would look horrible the next day and I doubt partners would be able to overcome being self-aware of that, let alone what purpose it would serve useful to them.

by the by, Dunker did not say the equivalent of that as Joey suggested. Was different.
Who would you lynch?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2030, pidgey wrote:Gamma spanish is my first language lol
lmao serves me right for thinking I knew anything with my school-supplied leaning of spanish
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1969, Shaziro wrote:Note the first bit of this, brass. I definitely think one scum team spreads religion but -doesn’t- win based on it, because it makes it harder for the other scum team who does to win by it.
The religion I spread is different than the one the flipped Scum was spreading. How do you think it works then??

What I think is he was simply a Scum "loud visitor" (that's another way of saying Fruit Vendor), and I'm his Town counterpart. These roles suggest their might be a Tracker/Watcher/Follower..etc kind of role in-play.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2035, Nero Cain wrote:Whoever speculated that religion works like a fruit vendor and AD's post about religion based resolutions...there's a happy medium between the two.
Well you know what we can do?
@Mod can scum use a personal action and perform the night kill during the same night generally?
<Embrace The Void>

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:44 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1504, Shaziro wrote:HEAL: Ban silk

Reading that exact phrasing, it makes me think the mafia have a roleblocker, also called a prostitute sometimes. Maybe my mind is in the gutter, fuck if I know. I'm fine with banning this.

@Nero: Sorry for not seeing one small line of text that refers to the idea of there possibly being a resolution that is good for both scum and town or bad for both scum in town. My point, however, was that -all- the resolutions (or at least the vast majority) are a double-edged sword. For instance, I fully expect that banning silk will also negatively affect a town civ. That said, I think that since Town currently have the numbers, it is still better for us to do this if my assumption on what Silk Ban does is correct. Sue me. (Or just keep saying you scumread me, keep being wrong, etc etc. I'm really not interested in Alisae'ing this out with you if you -are- town, and letting a scumciv take the win.)
I think that this post was where scum said fuck it, we bus creature.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 2037, Jodaxq wrote:

Can you think of a reason that someone other than a religion spreader would want to target you?
If there is a hider, I'd be a pretty good target last night.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lets be allies, Titus.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 2044, brassherald wrote:

If you were targeted by a hider, you wouldn't have been converted to Taoism, right?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 2039, Titus wrote:Who would you lynch?
dunno. Not convinced by anything atm.

I did think Almost's 2 quotes about Buj's posts saying he'd flip 6 people before "obvscum" creature (disclaimer: that's not Buj saying creature is obvscum just questioning why someone who thinks that would want to flip him) is bizarre and might have merit, but that requires Buj to be pretty shitty at scum imo.

I'll probably get some reads based on people's D2 play. And/or varsoon's iso when I bother to look at it
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1970, BuJaber wrote:A50 could be scum because he got some early votes from flipped scumsters which could be a sign of bussing. That's all I have on him that might be AI.
OK, regardless of your alignment I'm going to tell you something about me (or rather how the majority of players who know me view me): I tend to be a stronger player towards the end of the game. It is best for Scum to try and get rid of me as early as possible before I actually decide to game-solve. In larges I always start weak (as either alignment) but I get mobilized with flips and claims and work out associations to nail the scum effectively. THIS makes me look like an easy lynch to push for inexperienced scum in general. Experienced players though know it could very well backfire on them and would prefer not to go all in on me on D1 unless they are SRing me for real.

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 2046, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 2044, brassherald wrote:

If you were targeted by a hider, you wouldn't have been converted to Taoism, right?
They are independent of one another. A hider would be looking for protection from Night Kills, not hiding me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”