Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 284, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 282, Iconeum wrote:How do we even have claims?? GAME HASN'T STARTED YET
You gonna comment on anyone’s reads or alignment? Or just do the exact thing I just called out as scummy as fuck?
I gave reads myself. Im trying to stop this turning into massclaim before the has evenbegun ffs

What was scummy about me making a readlist?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

Hi, guys. I didn't want to jump in when I am in the middle of work, but I would like to point out, Gamma and I had discussed yesterday in our PT that I should kind of take the reigns early on before he comes with his big catch ups and posts. I was in Court this morning and am now at work and need to mull over what's been said, probably re read and whatnot.

Also, don't expect me to follow up on saying that someone's argument makes sense. Even if I'm not buying into an argument I can generally tell when they are based in logic and when they are based in lies and misstatements. While I don't agree with Beeboy, I would use that to get something of a town lean, that's what I want to do, hear reasoning, and use that rather than the conclusions, to determine if someone is being scum.

Finally, despite being anime and not the best anime ever (Garfield) a vague recollection of what I have read tells me that Maid Cafe is a townlean for me.

P-Edit: Stop massclaiming.

-Tibor
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 326, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Hi, guys. I didn't want to jump in when I am in the middle of work, but I would like to point out, Gamma and I had discussed yesterday in our PT that I should kind of take the reigns early on before he comes with his big catch ups and posts. I was in Court this morning and am now at work and need to mull over what's been said, probably re read and whatnot.

Also, don't expect me to follow up on saying that someone's argument makes sense. Even if I'm not buying into an argument I can generally tell when they are based in logic and when they are based in lies and misstatements. While I don't agree with Beeboy, I would use that to get something of a town lean, that's what I want to do, hear reasoning, and use that rather than the conclusions, to determine if someone is being scum.

Finally, despite being anime and not the best anime ever (Garfield) a vague recollection of what I have read tells me that Maid Cafe is a townlean for me.

-Tibor
1) Why do you feel the need to clarify this situation?
2) If such a need exists, why didn't you make this statement about your intentions yesterday, after the decision was made?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 am

In post 327, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 326, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Hi, guys. I didn't want to jump in when I am in the middle of work, but I would like to point out, Gamma and I had discussed yesterday in our PT that I should kind of take the reigns early on before he comes with his big catch ups and posts. I was in Court this morning and am now at work and need to mull over what's been said, probably re read and whatnot.

-Tibor
1) Why do you feel the need to clarify this situation?
2) If such a need exists, why didn't you make this statement about your intentions yesterday, after the decision was made?

-Cerb
1) Reads based on activity are generally stupid and I will personally fight against an activity based read on any slot, especially my own.
2) Decision was made pretty late (like 9:30 pm my time), I went to bed instead.

-Tibor
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Taly »

In post 271, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 267, Chara wrote:it informs scum. it would be fine to claim later and confusion would easily be avoided that way.
anyway, it doesn't matter now.

this is my last, desperate call into an uncaring universe: please stop claiming, everyone.
Good thing I haven’t claimed then. :) Although this brings back memories. Please tell me I wasn’t townreading it too soon? I townread everything before this post.
Claiming also informs town, I'll add.

Also,
OnTheMark
, you state that claiming is bad in a post after this, but you seem happy that you didn't claim before
Chara
said not to.

Were you going to claim?
In post 272, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 266, Taly wrote:
Chara wrote:
In post 263, Taly wrote:To my understanding, I have a very inconsistent way of acquiring mana. But primarily, two ways:

1) Not using my Planeswalker ability

2) I target someone with my Planeswalker ability. For 2 phases, I gain Mana the same way they would, and I gain their abilities. I can only do this once per dayphase.

I'm literally a temporary copy-cat.
i was......... kidding, Taly. did you miss my other posts on why claiming is anti-town?
I don't think so?
Chara wrote:it's not a blessing and a hindrance. it's just a hindrance.
At most, my abilities wouldn't be original or stagnant ones. I'm not expecting other people to claim this early, especially after mine.

I figured if I claimed and stated that then it would avoid confusion later in the game when abilities and roles would likely be discussed.
I agree with Chara’s point even though something pinged me. Your claim gives me scum pings too. Don’t know why yet. Since your claim is out there can you expand more on why you claimed?
1)
Me claiming would definitely strike conversation and get reads going, especially in engaging me. I think it progressed the game a bit, and seeing people's reactions helped me start forming my own reads.

Plus, conversation now could be referenced later to help game solve.

2)
My ability is both changing and replaceable, so I didn't see a huge reason to stay quiet about it in the first place.

Once I understood how it worked, I thought making it clear would help dissolve uncertainty later in the game. Furthermore, even though I expected people not to claim - specifically massclaim like what
Chara
didn't want, I wanted to see if anyone would.

I'll have another reason to give if I'm not mislynched or NKed.

I also might be forgetting a reasoning, honestly. Claiming sounded much better in my head.
In post 274, OnTheMark wrote:Yeah. It’s a tactic I have seen from good scum. State the truth (claiming is a bad idea) in an emotional way but not delve into why they claimed. I have seen it way too many times and it made me flash to that. You’re probably still town but I think I am pinged by it not digging deeper. Does this make sense?
Did anything about my claim post come across to you as emotional? .________.
In post 278, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 276, Chara wrote:ah, i thought you were making a vague meta point.
yes, that makes sense.

Taly did explain why they claimed, though.

pedit: i wouldn't really feel strongly about it. Taly hasn't done anything to be townread for.
Taly gave a reason yes.

However it feels manufactured.

Specifically because they have two short posts one of which claiming confusion so they had read. So if they were confused about your original post and saw no one was claiming why didn’t they ask you how you felt or try to ascertain what was going on. By asking Taly why I can see if the slot was not reading as indicated before or they were and chose to delay posting content.
To be honest, I couldn't tell how serious
Chara
was when I ISOed him, but even without his posts, I was waffling on whether or not to claim. I decided to claim based on reasoning above.
In post 279, OnTheMark wrote:Like they had to have read to respond to later posts but at the same time are confused yet never ask a single question? It feels newb scum to me but they could be newb town. I want help in sorting Taly.

Hi Random. Hope to hear from Shiro soon.
I wouldn't call myself a noob. This is my 2nd game in 2 years, but I'm not new to Mafia.

Also, what are your reads at the moment?
In post 280, OnTheMark wrote:Furthermore notice how your name is in bold?

I’d take a bet that Taly is going to claim copy catting your abilities to get out of bad check.

Taly, care to prove me wrong and never copycat Chara?
You're quick to make assumptions based off little information.

1)
Read my other game posts. I
ALWAYS
bold a player's full name when I reference them. It means absolutely nothing. Bolding helps me organize my posts so I don't forget something when I'm typing them, and when I'm reading through a thread, having something in bold catches my attention.

I want people to know I'm mentioning them, because they're relevant to my posts.

2)
I have a loose strategy for how I'll use my ability. If I learn something that could help Town later on, I'd probably let someone know if I'm targeting them. If I'm uncertain about a claim, or a specific mechanic on someone is noted, then I may target for clarity.

3)
What gives you the impression I'd copycat
Chara
? Also, what makes me scum if I did target him?

4)
You're telling me to promise to never use my ability on someone I have a vague read on at the moment. I don't get the defense on
Chara
here. Why is it wrong for me to use my ability in the first place?
In post 295, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 263, Taly wrote:Mastina's claim is anti-town but NAI?...
Yes, why do you say it like it's not? You can do anti town actions with good intent in mid or you can just be scum who did something anti town the overall thing is anti town I believe her emotions were genuine when she said her power was "game breaking" for scum or town? We don't know. Also how the fuck do people have so many reads. Oh the fact I don't have Chara as obv town yet makes it highly likely their scum btw but take that with a grain of salt
~Maki
I usually associate the word "anti-town" with "scum".

And I asked that because I wanted you to elaborate on your view with them because I wasn't sure about that when I ISOed you yesterday.

Is your read on
Chara
based on meta?
In post 303, Reasonably Rational wrote:So, Taly claimed a high utility scum role. That eh...makes me torn, for obvious reasons. I get that the roles were made before alignments were assigned, but the act of claiming such a role is *much* better for scum than town(since Taly just outed an investigative and can no longer catch scum lying using their role).

:-/

Also, haven't heard from Drixx. :(

-Cerb
I can still catch people lying.

Why are you saying that my claim is a high-utility scum role? Roles =/= alignments here.
In post 305, OnTheMark wrote:I wish people would actually talk with me instead of at me.

And I think one of Taly or RR is scum. Not necessarily an either or just at least one. I don’t like what Cerb did there.

I also wish people would explain Tabor to me and talk about how Taly doesn’t interact with recent stuff.
I'll talk to you.

But why is
ReasonablyRational
? Was it because he didn't have a set stance on it?
In post 317, OnTheMark wrote:The claim is bad imho for two reasons.
1) Investigative (good point)
2) Taly has demonstrated reading in which no one claimed and then so Taly would see the thread ignored it or read it as a joke yet hasn’t read the thread to be confused. Taly can’t have read and not read the thread. That is where I am confused.
1)
Last night when I said I was confused about the conversation, , I was referring to the back-and-forth that you and
Maid Cafe
because I skimmed through it and I should've been more clear about my confusion.

2)
This is directed to
Maid Cafe
as well, I couldn't respond too quickly after my claim post earlier today because I'm a full-time college student.

My tires went flat earlier, and I had classes. So this is the first time today, other than getting out of bed this morning, where I had time to read the thread and further elaborate on my thought process.

~~~

I'll do some rereading and do an ISO or two later tonight or tomorrow morning.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Chara »

In post 329, Taly wrote:Claiming also informs town, I'll add.
stop. full stop on this. no. bye. i'm putting my foot down.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

Of all of the planes in the Multiverse, Dominaria is said to be the most important. It isn't just the abundance of mana or the plane's tumultuous history that carries allure for the planeswalkers that end up there--it is also the single plane that holds all others in place, serving as a lynchpin for reality as we know it. If this Nexus of the Multiverse were to be meet its end, untold catastrophe would be wrought, bringing about what would surely be the destruction of all planes. In the past, the mere existence of the god-like planeswalkers and their cataclysmic spells caused such strain to Dominaria that it was almost torn asunder. Only through giving up their infinite power were the planeswalkers able to mend the rifts that they had torn into Dominaria. Since then, new planeswalkers have arisen, and while not nearly as powerful as their predecessors, they have found themselves upon Dominaria once more, battling for control of the plane. This is their story.
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

"If there is such a thing as too much power,
I have not discovered it."
-Volrath

VOTECOUNT 1.0

Not Voting (17):
Iconeum, OnTheMark, Shining Dreamers, Chara, baku and munna, Maid Cafe, Creature, Bronya Zaychik, Almost50, Reasonably Rational, SnarkySnowman, Tibor and Lumia, Taly, Skybird, Micc, Venmar, Dunnstral

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2018-03-27 20:30:00)
There are currently no spells in play.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

VOTE: Maid Cafe
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

Please bear with me and Kiana. It's my birthday tomorrow and she is having technical difficulties. As of 8 hours ago, Kiana TL On the Mark and Shining Dreamers.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:32 am

@Taly: Let me be more precise: Scum are *less* likely to lie about their role, now that they know a means exists by which they could be caught. I mention in that same post that I'm aware that roles and alignment were generated independently, but I say your role is a high-utility scum role because it's *higher* utility for scum than town, since scum!you would have teammates you could duplicate, in addition to the ability to rolecop people.

@Varsoon: So, being on Dominaria has no public effect?

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Iconeum
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am

In post 333, Shining Dreamers wrote:VOTE: Maid Cafe
In post 336, Chara wrote:VOTE: Iconeum
Perhaps you should both reiterate your reasoning for these votes, because this game has(as someone already said) clearly passed beyond RVS.

-Cerb
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 335, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Correct.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Chara »

i already said i would vote there, Cerb. also called out the post i didn't like in my ISO.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

In post 338, Varsoon wrote:
In post 335, Reasonably Rational wrote:
Correct.
BOO.

Screw you scum, if this was your choice(and if it was, this indicates that whoever is on the scum team is familiar with the source material/the type to look up the wiki on stuff, in order to make the choice that told everyone else the least, and which could easily be passed off as the mods default starting place).

@Chara: Fine. I'll go figure it out. :(

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am

In post 269, Chara wrote:
In post 262, Iconeum wrote:Skybird, Creature, RR, Shinding D townread.

Maid Café should respond to . I love how she bashes OTM for not responding, yet doesn't answer herself.

Maid scumreading right now. Maybe lyncher - lynchee with OTM. That would be hilarious
why is Maki supposed to answer a question directed at beeboy?

unrelated to the above: i'm scumreading this.
Right.

Okay, so, if your scumread is unrelated to the bits about maid cafe, you're scumreading the slot based on the set of townreads. Elaborate? Make me feel what you feel. <3

-Cerb
Show

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 25, beeboy wrote:Image

I play aether vial btw
I put a counter on our aether vial.

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

In post 342, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 25, beeboy wrote:Image

I play aether vial btw
I put a counter on our aether vial.

~B
Too late, already missed the trigger. We're already into the first main phase.

JUDGE!

-Cerb
Show

Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 am

I would also like some reasoning for the vote on Maid Cafe. I'm TL on them and never quite saw where the SL came from in that slot, should have asked ages ago, to be honest, but now is as good of a time as any.

I think Chara's was pretty well documented though.

VOTE: Taly Supre late on a claim after a long discussion on why it's anti-town. Without reading ISOs yet, I think this is a good place to put my vote.

-Tibor
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:50 am

Should obviously read super, not supre.

-Tibor
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:51 am

I don't like how they talked to OTM. Feels like they were trying to reel him in.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am

I felt this way about another person once, and I was right, so there is 90% chance I am right this time as well.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 am

So come at me bro.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 am

Post by Chara »

In post 341, Reasonably Rational wrote:Okay, so, if your scumread is unrelated to the bits about maid cafe, you're scumreading the slot based on the set of townreads. Elaborate? Make me feel what you feel. <3
isn't it more fun if i want you to figure it out? i want to see where this goes.
i do appreciate you going back to look, though. if there's a wagon i want players to sheep me on, that's when i'll start going in-depth.
i really didn't like Skybird's content posts either. i guess that's related to Iconeum's townlist. both slots actually have the same problems.

also scumleaning Tibor and Lumia. just a little.

weird game. i should be gathering townreads, not scumreads.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”