Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 am

Post by Chara »

In post 474, Chara wrote:i'm saying that beeboy hasn't posted since , so he hasn't ignored anything.
wait, he totally has now. i don't think he had by the first time i called that out, though. but god do i really not care anymore.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 am

Post by Chara »

anyway. this next one's for you, Almost.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 am

Post by Chara »

historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

VOTE: Mark
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

Ugh. I had a similar discussion about the 'benefits' of not lynching scum D1, but to
actively
lynch town is counterproductive.
While I don't disagree with the theorie behind this, I believe it's a stronger play to persue the scumhunt and lynch accordingly.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:56 am

Post by Chara »

if you agree with the theory, then actively lynching scum is counterproductive.
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

How is a day 1 scum lynch bad for town? Please explain the theory, since I have never personally heard this one.

-Tibor
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 am

Post by Chara »

if you look at games where scum is lynched on day 1, it often ends with a string of town lynches based on false associatives off of only one day of seeing that scum's interactions with their buddies. people downplay the value of information off of a town lynch, and overstate the information off of a scum lynch after only one day (as opposed to over two days, where it's more valuable.)
town also tends to relax after their first "victory" and either get overconfident, or lazy.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:42 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

Chara I agree with your theory but its kinda flawed since it doesnt really work when you are aware of it.
Like a policy lynch wont help town, a well structured and discussed lynch even on town is generally a lot more pro town then actually lynching scum day 1. I agree with your theory but it doesnt work as a goal.

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:05 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 281, baku and munna wrote:
In post 191, Chara wrote:hey, this argument is pointless, can we nix it. you're talking around each other. Mark's underlined bit means investigative roles to them, and his logic on this has been consistent. i don't think any more semantics are going to help.
In post 236, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 88, Maid Cafe wrote:I am going to claim something I prolly should have approached subtly but it heavily helps the town to target us with actions that grants our slots abilities/items/whatever you wanna call it. When we gain an ability as a result of another player/Creature's spell or ability (which is all actions) we will "power up", well not exactly but I don't really want to claim that part. But essentially just give us free stuff since it's more cost effective then giving other players stuff in a pretty meaningful way.
~B
I am fairly certain this is a >random scum ability.

Not just from a game design perspective, but from a Varsoon game design perspective.

It's the kind which
could
come from town, admittedly, yes. But it is still far >random odds of being a scum ability.

Claiming it openly does nothing to lessen that.
are people incapable of reading game mechanics?

ok so preliminary reads. I reckon Maid Cafe is town. i was agreeing to a large extent on their push on Mark. gonna put mark as a scumlean for now.
however, i am more confident in my scumlean on chara. they are townsignalling without actually generating any content. Seems like a better LAMIST.
RR is already a townread but i put very little stock in that bc i always tr them
venmar is a townlean, i respect the shitpost.
those were my main opinions on what I've read so far, will confer with Shiro before going more in depth.
Has this read evolved? Can you show what parts about the push on Mark you actually liked?
I feel Chara has made positive content, so I don't see the LAMIST part.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:11 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

These last few pages were literal garbage btw and I stopped reading them.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 237, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 89, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 87, OnTheMark wrote:The reason I say that is people will make assumptions based on their role PMs. This is a Varsoon game. That means heads out of mechanics and eyes on the prize lynching scum.
How do you say this stuff and town read mastina for having a role.
~B
How do you say this stuff and yet post post ?
I have by no means suggested I should be town read for that post so not really the same.

Also I didnt want to reply to that since I saw it as a jab and not a question.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:33 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

Chekhov's gun.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

@On The Mark, Are Rubicon and Sloth still on DLP? What was your favorite game and role there?

~Titus
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:06 am

Post by OnTheMark »

This is a problem to address if it comes up not before. I have seen town sweep games. Should the problem you mention occur then reexamining the townblock would need to happen.

Although I think at this point it’s a joke thing or a mana thing.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 487, Bronya Zaychik wrote:@On The Mark, Are Rubicon and Sloth still on DLP? What was your favorite game and role there?

~Titus
I can check the site to see if their usernames are there if you want but I am alting for reasons I said before so answering specific questions about whether/if I have played there and how is not something I want to do. I used DLP for research.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 480, Tibor and Lumia wrote:

How is a day 1 scum lynch bad for town? Please explain the theory, since I have never personally heard this one.

-Tibor
vote: Tibor
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Venmar »

^ that's a knee-jerk scum reaction to chara's theory if i've ever seen one

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Chara »

i don't support alt-outing, even if Mark keeps referencing meta. (including not liking my playstyle. how rude! :>)

pedit: what do you think of my theory, Venmar?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Venmar »

it's the first time i've heard of the theory, pretty null on it, more interested in the reactions to it. i honestly thinks it's kind of silly and we should just lynch productively and naturally to what the gamestate demands, but it's not like i haven't seen wackier theories have some merit.

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 493, Venmar wrote:it's the first time i've heard of the theory, pretty null on it, more interested in the reactions to it. i honestly thinks it's kind of silly and we should just lynch productively and naturally to what the gamestate demands, but it's not like i haven't seen wackier theories have some merit.
Interesting. Why did you try to form a wagon on yourself if you think wagons should form naturally?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 494, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 493, Venmar wrote:it's the first time i've heard of the theory, pretty null on it, more interested in the reactions to it. i honestly thinks it's kind of silly and we should just lynch productively and naturally to what the gamestate demands, but it's not like i haven't seen wackier theories have some merit.
Interesting. Why did you try to form a wagon on yourself if you think wagons should form naturally?
Seconded.

Also, that whole theory thing is, as someone else said, simply something to keep in mind when town lynches scum D1, not a reason to deliberately try to lynch town.

Also also another thing, but I wanna wait and see what everybody else has to say before I bring it up. <3

-cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Venmar »

i don't think me pursuing a wagon on me is natural at all actually. i think
from my pov
a wagon on me falls under the "productive" category.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Chara »

i did mention that a wagon on town is also productive, for me.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 496, Venmar wrote:i don't think me pursuing a wagon on me is natural at all actually. i think
from my pov
a wagon on me falls under the "productive" category.
So then what is the difference between a forced wagon on you and a forced wagon on me?

Both still have “reactions” to the imho silly idea.

What makes a wagon on you productive versus a wagon on me not be?

I think neither are productive.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Venmar »

i think you're wanting to draw conclusions from places that don't have them lol. a wagon on me in this case is productive only from my pov so i don't expect it to look like so to you from yours. a wagon on you is productive if the people pushing it think you're scum. a wagon on town can be productive from chara's pov. simple as that, nowhere in #493 did i specify that being "productive" or "natural" has to mean the lynch is on scum.

why do you think i am forcing a wagon on myself, which i no longer am? do you consider me and only me voting myself a wagon and "forced"?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”