He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Venmar »

pagetop

I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

oh btw
OTM, you say I was feeling scumread for the wrong reason, but honestly activity is sometimes the right reason for me. As scum I have a tendency to flake out if I'm not into a game for some reason, whilst as town I might have more drive to try anyway. Creature can back me up on this, I had an offsite game where I was disengaged due to post volume + my "lover" partner (basically my mason if I had been town) not being around, but me finding an in-road and having an active partner made me more invested.
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:14 am

In post 366, OnTheMark wrote:Tibor Taly Micc Skybird potential team?

Will explain when home but I think the Maki slot is town but beeboy scum. Since I tend to read beeboy backwards going with beeboy slot is town for now.
This amuses me. Normally people read Claire wrong.
~Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:18 am

In post 372, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 370, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 367, OnTheMark wrote:I kinda think Sky is town but 160 gives me scum feels for Tibor not town.

And the entire argument isn’t activity. It is just a piece. He’s really hyper as town and not so much as scum.
Wait, is this a meta argument on me or Gamma?

-Tibor
Gamma. Every town game I have read of Gamma’s he has like a bajillion (scientific term IKR) posts. I know you said earlier that Gamma was back seating but I would expect to see something from him. I also don’t like it took me asking about Gamma for you to mention it, while Mastina was uptight about it.
Well the thing is I didn't actually tell him until later because he was wondering if I was going to post more. He doesn't like posting at the same time I am.
~Lumia
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 649, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 622, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 619, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 600, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 584, Chara wrote:
In post 579, OnTheMark wrote:That's not really how I expect someone who town reads another to disregard what they are saying. The Titus/Kiana question was more an after thought but I was mainly trying to get a feel for Cerb. (And yes I'm calling the slot Cerb until Drixx pops in. Deal.)
i would argue that scum RR pays
more
attention to how they answer questions, not less.
They did pay attention. The reaction was IDGAF. I wasn't saying they're not paying attention. It's that they are blatantly contradicting themselves. And I don't know where Cerb
actually
stands on mechanical issues or his reads. I want that to stop.
Also, you could actually ask me questions directly if you want to know where I stand on something. I think it's pretty clear where I stand on everything, and you're misreading a number of things I've said, either intentionally or due to some sort of bias, but I can certainly clarify stuff if you want to ask.

-Cerb
Do you value mechanics play or regular play?

Do you support the everyone vote for themselves plan?

Who are your top town and scumreads?

Let’s start there.
Define "regular" play. If you want to know how I play(which you should already know, and which should tell you what I value, but I'll gladly reiterate it to everyone): I enjoy mechanically breaking games and doing everything in my power to do the objectively optimal play in all situations, again, mechanically speaking. I attempt to create auto-win situations for myself, as either alignment. As far as reads go, I only value those parts of reads which can be documented, where you can lay out a logical set of reasons why x is why, based on actions taken.
In post 631, Shining Dreamers wrote:As for RR, the patented Phosphophyllite test is that unless they bring actual read to the main thread, you hang them and you look happy doing it. Not into any PTs alone. Into the main thread. You cannot fail in this way.

- Phosphophyllite
You're still my favorite Yume. <3 I don't actually think I've ever been secretive about a read in a PT and not expressed it in the main thread as well, eventually. There have been times where I've told one party I suspect someone while not acting like I suspect them in the main thread, in order to further a gambit(generally Drixx generated) of some sort, or vice versa, but the truth always comes out afterwards, regardless of alignment. I can appreciate your sentiment though. :)
In post 641, Venmar wrote:
In post 617, Reasonably Rational wrote:^^ Also, I wrote up my response to your post in our hydra PT, but since nobody seems to care about your case or agree with you(so far), I won't bother posting it! <3
i'll actually be the devils advocate here cause im curious in your response. right now you're just smugly dismissing and discrediting the case.
That's because it's easy to dismiss, and OTM didn't ask for my response, only for that of those who TR me.

Anyways, that's 1!

-Cerb
Oh shit, I realized I didn't answer the rest of OTM's post. Sorry. Okay. I don't think a vote for themselves plan will reveal anything alignment wise. A50 should definitely vote so we can confirm that his vote has been stolen, but everyone else voting for themselves will tell us one of two things: 1) that whoever stole his vote gained it, or 2) that whoever stole his vote doesn't have it tied to their normal vote action.

I don't think either of those pieces of information will tell us what the alignment of the person who stole it is, so we shouldn't do it, but we also shouldn't dismiss it out of hand because THERE IS VALUE to that line. Doesn't cost much and it *does* offer a benefit, though it's a minor one.

I don't have strong town or scum reads at this stage in the game. Not enough has happened, and there's no flips, therefore I can't rationally attribute any actions as being scum or town motivated.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

You don't strongly town read me yet?

:(

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 am

In post 655, Maid Cafe wrote:You don't strongly town read me yet?

:(

~B
:( Sorry.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

In post 579, OnTheMark wrote:That's not really how I expect someone who town reads another to disregard what they are saying. The Titus/Kiana question was more an after thought but I was mainly trying to get a feel for Cerb. (And yes I'm calling the slot Cerb until Drixx pops in. Deal.)
more
They did pay attention. The reaction was IDGAF. I wasn't saying they're not paying attention. It's that they are blatantly contradicting themselves. And I don't know where Cerb
actually
Also, you could actually ask me questions directly if you want to know where I stand on something. I think it's pretty clear where I stand on everything, and you're misreading a number of things I've said, either intentionally or due to some sort of bias, but I can certainly clarify stuff if you want to ask.

-Cerb

Let’s start there.
Define "regular" play. If you want to know how I play(which you should already know, and which should tell you what I value, but I'll gladly reiterate it to everyone): I enjoy mechanically breaking games and doing everything in my power to do the objectively optimal play in all situations, again, mechanically speaking. I attempt to create auto-win situations for myself, as either alignment. As far as reads go, I only value those parts of reads which can be documented, where you can lay out a logical set of reasons why x is why, based on actions taken.
In post 631, Shining Dreamers wrote:As for RR, the patented Phosphophyllite test is that unless they bring actual read to the main thread, you hang them and you look happy doing it. Not into any PTs alone. Into the main thread. You cannot fail in this way.

- Phosphophyllite
You're still my favorite Yume. <3 I don't actually think I've ever been secretive about a read in a PT and not expressed it in the main thread as well, eventually. There have been times where I've told one party I suspect someone while not acting like I suspect them in the main thread, in order to further a gambit(generally Drixx generated) of some sort, or vice versa, but the truth always comes out afterwards, regardless of alignment. I can appreciate your sentiment though. :)
In post 617, Reasonably Rational wrote:^^ Also, I wrote up my response to your post in our hydra PT, but since nobody seems to care about your case or agree with you(so far), I won't bother posting it! <3
i'll actually be the devils advocate here cause im curious in your response. right now you're just smugly dismissing and discrediting the case.
That's because it's easy to dismiss, and OTM didn't ask for my response, only for that of those who TR me.

Anyways, that's 1!

-Cerb
ILU too.

- Phosphophyllite

P.S: If you're scum, please tell your buddies not to kill us. I am still sad that I wasn't able to enjoy SU2 fully.
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

In post 387, Chara wrote:...right. i knew that. because i received one. sorry about that.

also, i counterclaim Venmar's mana-farming method. wagon me instead.
Ah, interesting. I think I'm okay with my vote being on Chara rather than Venmar right now.
Although what do you want to bet one of them is scum
~Lumia
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 am

In post 657, Shining Dreamers wrote:
more
actually

-Cerb

Let’s start there.

- Phosphophyllite

Anyways, that's 1!

-Cerb
ILU too.

- Phosphophyllite

P.S: If you're scum, please tell your buddies not to kill us. I am still sad that I wasn't able to enjoy SU2 fully.
As am I. :( I think we win if we leave you alive, it took us down a dark, desperate path. :-/

And I solemnly swear that I will do everything in my power to make sure you live until I have cause to believe you're scum.

-Cerb
Show

Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 am

In post 389, Micc wrote:
In post 368, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Micc, do you feel the need to have an intent to hammer to claim, or just L-1?
Whenever it becomes clear that that person is the lynch for the day if nothing changes. I don't think distinguishing between intent being called or not really matters.
That's my philosophy too. I ended up claiming fairly early by that logic as PR once.
~Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 am

In post 399, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 284, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 282, Iconeum wrote:How do we even have claims?? GAME HASN'T STARTED YET
You gonna comment on anyone’s reads or alignment?
TECHNICALLY, there is some.
In post 262, Iconeum wrote:Skybird, Creature, RR, Shinding D townread. Maid Café should respond to . I love how she bashes OTM for not responding, yet doesn't answer herself. Maid scumreading right now. Maybe lyncher - lynchee with OTM. That would be hilarious
...But if you expect me to defend Iconeum, I'm not going to because frankly I agree with the idea behind your post; I would MUCH prefer Iconeum be producing far more than this not-really-counting-as-content content.
This is part of why I scumread them in addition to his outrage seeming faked, it feels like he's wanting to ride on emotional responses rather than actual content.
~Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 pm

In post 472, Chara wrote:Phos being Phos is unrelated to me being Phos. i don't see a problem.
Kiana: it/its or they/them, please, especially if what you're doing is defending my honour. :>

thanks for the answer, Sky.

Iconeum: in what way did you indicate that the question was for Maki? you're quoting beeboy and you used "you". i also just think that pointing out an instance of hypocrisy and calling it scumhunting is lazy.

and my Venmar counterclaim was a joke.
Seriously? Why ask me to vote you then?
~Lumia
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by Chara »

ask questions when you're caught up, Gamma. <3
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:07 pm

In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

VOTE: Mark
I feel like this isn't the best plan, but I agree with the sentiment that Day 1 scum lynches can make town over-confident. I had noted around the time I dropped from the site the first time that a lot of town losses were occuring where scum got lynched early and the it was purely town lynches.
~Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

In post 506, Maid Cafe wrote:@everyone also important note, if you have the ability to kill another player please opt to use another card if possible.
There are 8 planes to see across 8 days and I want to visit all of them.

~B
Okay got it telling my team to no kill :P
~Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 pm

In post 512, Skybird wrote:
In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

I 've heard something like this before but I really don't like the idea of trying to lynch town. I get scrum vibes from this post.
Why? Do you really think mafia are going to campaign for a town lynch? I recall Chara being pretty nutty as scum (or it could be Almost) but she's not nuts.
~Lumia
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

@On the Mark, we love all Creatures.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Micc »

Feeling behind already, but I'm committing to prioritizing this as a replacement to playing mtgo for as long as I'm alive ... so I'll be here after work.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 586, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 575, Chara wrote:i'm not talking about stealing mana, i'm talking about informing scum nightkills, and scum power use.

and how Varsoon hates massclaims, explicitly warned us against flavour claims, etc.

maybe it means nothing. but i can guarantee Varsoon did not design this game so that it's a good idea for everyone to claim and coordinate mana stacking.

and this hasn't even touched on the fact i'm not townreading you, so why should i be giving you mana? :<

I dunno people said this about mass claiming not breaking both GiF magical girl games and both got broken via mass claim if people went for it.

I think generally its more pro-town if we all just openly try and get mana. If there are conflicting ways to generate it then we lose maybe 3 people casting spells. Vs me and Maki trying to play like a jester get voted, cross vote under a specific condition then hope that we can walk it off.

Like being hidden about mana generation I think hurts town, I think the game was made so most of us can generate mana, Varsoon wouldn't design cards people can't realistically use and by hiding how i get mana me and maki just get taken off our cards 9/10 times.
Lot's of people can still hiddenly generate mana and don't need to claim conditions.

Scum knowing I always act tonight is strictly better than me not acting.

~B
Others have already reasponded to this but I don't think it's a good thing to let scum know how you generate mana. It makes it easier for them to mess things up for town.
In post 623, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 260, Skybird wrote:Right now, I feel like either Maid Cafe or OTM is scum, I'm not sure which one though leaning towards Maid Cafe. I didn't like and from them.

Tibor and Lumia ping town to me. That is a gut read.

Pre-edit: Thanks Phosphophyllite
Why is it one or the other? Why can't both be town?
~Lumia
They both might be. The whole argument just felt like MC was being contrary instead of two town talking past each other. (Not sure if contrary is the right word but I'm struggling to come up with a better one at the moment and without re-reading the whole argument.)
In post 666, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 512, Skybird wrote:

I 've heard something like this before but I really don't like the idea of trying to lynch town. I get scrum vibes from this post.
Why? Do you really think mafia are going to campaign for a town lynch? I recall Chara being pretty nutty as scum (or it could be Almost) but she's not nuts.
~Lumia
To propose we purposely try to lynch town is pretty scummy. If she can get a majority of players to agree then we lose a town player. Of course Chara made it sound like a joke in post . What better way to play off a scum gambit than to say it was a joke?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Apologies for being behind on Votecounts!
I'm catching up--on page 17 as of this post.
That's what I get for thinking I knew the average activity level for this game 48 hours in.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Many players have been asking me how public their spells will be.
If you cast a Spell card, it resolves as an ability in Mafia.
Any Spell card with a public effect will have a disclaimer about its public nature on the card itself.
As a general rule of thumb, all Creatures, Enchantments, and Artifacts have public effects.
What this means is that I will reveal the spell card in the main game thread, letting every player know that its effects are now in play.
I will not reveal who cast what spells.
I will not reveal who controls what creatures, artifacts, or enchantments, though I will keep them grouped accordingly, so players can tell if two creatures are controlled by the same player.
Spells such as Instants and Sorceries often do not have public effects--therefore, when cast, I will not reveal their spell card unless the spell card specifies that I will.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Skybird, what's your position on OTM?

-Cerb
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Also, if you have any questions about Magic the Gathering, this game's flavor, or your role, please just ask me via PM or with bolded text in the game thread.
I'm more than happy to answer this stuff.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 667, Bronya Zaychik wrote:@On the Mark, we love all Creatures.
I love all subtlety.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”