Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"There are two ways to resolve puzzling situations: thoughtful contemplation or force. After thoughtful contemplation, most barbarians choose force."
Flavor Text : Break Open
VOTECOUNT 1.04

Tibor and Lumia (2):
Venmar, OnTheMark
Chara (1):
Tibor and Lumia
Taly (1):
Micc
Maid Cafe (1):
Shining Dreamers
OnTheMark (1):
Chara

Not Voting (11):
Iconeum, baku and munna, Creature, Bronya Zaychik, Almost50, Reasonably Rational, SnarkySnowman, Taly, Skybird, Dunnstral, Maid Cafe

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
:(expired on 2018-03-27 20:30:00)
There are currently no spells in play.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by beeboy »

@judge what is your favorite magic deck?
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 676, beeboy wrote:
*grabs ear*
Get back in here
~Maki
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 676, beeboy wrote:
I tend to only play sealed formats nowadays. Just seems more 'fair' to me and I typically win, sell the good rares I busted, and make profit. It's good times.

The last competitive deck that I built was monowhite humans, around when Innistrad had just come out. I sweeped local tournaments with it, but the deck ended up getting stolen. Was a great deck to build on the cheap, as all I needed for the manabase was plains. Most expensive card in there was Mirran Crusader, but stuff like Champion of the Parish and Stave Off were amazing for their price. To this day, I hold that protection from color is probably the most broken mechanic in the game and that all of the W instant effects that give it out are some of the most underplayed/underappreciated cards in the game. I guess it's more balanced as an --until end of turn effect, as cards like Flickering Ward were broken beyond control. There's so much of a balance hit between the cost/utility of counterspells in Blue, but White gets consistent common/uncommon prints of what is essentially a better counterspell for only one mana. Gods Willing is getting a reprint in Master's 25, and that card is bonkers, although at least it's specific about only being usable on creatures you control. Stave Off was nonsense, especially when someone dropped a big spells targeting one of their own creatures and you could 'nope' it for 1 mana.

The only decks that I still own are a monoGreen deck that's built around using Winter Orb and a UR deck built for multiplayer that's all about coinflipping.
My favorite kinds of decks to build were 'transformer' decks where the whole sideboard could be subbed in to change the deck entirely. Changing a Midrange or Control deck to very fast aggro between matches would really throw off opponents that boarded specifically to try to stop your wincons. This also afforded a level of variety that really isn't seen much in Standard.
I was also a huge fan of a UGW deck I had that was built around lots of come into play effects and bouncing creatures, but Wizards nerfed stack abuse by getting rid of damage on the stack, so a lot of my favorite nonsense is less useful now. Especially sad is that cards like Skeletal Vampire and Mogg Fanatic went from being awesome to lame overnight. I also literally gave away most my old stuff, then Modern came around and I felt like a chump.

I tend to play more aggro-oriented and midrange decks. My favorite colors are White and Black, although I think every color/combination can build a very fun deck.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Venmar »

im avid six samurai player myself in yugioh
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 109, Shining Dreamers wrote:I wanted to be scum because I'm stronger as scum. Why y no give me scum?

- Phosphophyllite
I have went through 100+ posts and I have yet to form a read on anyone (nor even parse how the whole game mechanics work, but that's another story).

The quoted is the first post that actually pinged me some though, for obvious reasons.

There were other posts (by several posters) where I wanted to ask "why?" or "what?!" but I guess those will be answered as I go on reading, so I won't be clogging the thread with unnecessary posts from 20+ pages ago. I will though if by the time I'm caught up I don't find proper explanations to them.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, btw I'll have you all know that being voteless is so gaddman annoying. This is the second time this happens to me, and at first I thought "Cerb's done it again", but then WIFOM'd my self out of it on the basis X may have done it precisely to get me going on RR, or maybe someone just didn't know anything about whatever I' talking about (I find this less likely tbh, because why would someone who's familiar with this issue pick me to steal my vote?)

Anyway, since I won't be voting anyway I can catch up on my own pace, so you get your next update in 24 hours (maybe a little less but not much less)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

FYI it’s public info my main got outed since the micro finished.

I am MathBlade aka Roundabout on MU. I am alting to improve my play on MS and take some MU things that work here and because I wanna have an account separate the more I go on a life journey. Since it’s public knowledge on MU I don’t think it’s fair not to announce it here but I was hoping that micro would last a bit longer damn.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 651, Tibor and Lumia wrote:oh btw
OTM, you say I was feeling scumread for the wrong reason, but honestly activity is sometimes the right reason for me. As scum I have a tendency to flake out if I'm not into a game for some reason, whilst as town I might have more drive to try anyway. Creature can back me up on this, I had an offsite game where I was disengaged due to post volume + my "lover" partner (basically my mason if I had been town) not being around, but me finding an in-road and having an active partner made me more invested.
See now I am all kinds of confused. Tabor said not to scumread activity cases and now you are saying to do so. At this point it’s kinda clear y’all aren’t talking with each other and that could be causing some reasons for scumreading you.

VOTE: Skybird
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 658, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 387, Chara wrote:...right. i knew that. because i received one. sorry about that.

also, i counterclaim Venmar's mana-farming method. wagon me instead.
Ah, interesting. I think I'm okay with my vote being on Chara rather than Venmar right now.
Although what do you want to bet one of them is scum
~Lumia
If any of them are scum it’s Venmar. I keep waffling in town and null for avenger but it’s enough not to push him today I think.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 646, Tibor and Lumia wrote:
In post 326, Tibor and Lumia wrote:Hi, guys. I didn't want to jump in when I am in the middle of work, but I would like to point out, Gamma and I had discussed yesterday in our PT that I should kind of take the reigns early on before he comes with his big catch ups and posts. I was in Court this morning and am now at work and need to mull over what's been said, probably re read and whatnot.

-Tibor
Hey OTM I recall you got on my case for not stating I wasn't going to be in thread for a while. What about this?
I believe I responded to this? Tomorrow I can look it up.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by Iconeum »

OTM, what's up with Skybird and you?
What's so special that you are calling attention to your vote on him?

I liked his opening , feels genuine, is a copy of my feelings, and is defending the 'let's not purposefully lynch townie over scum' side in the discussion.

I'd only blame him for not pushing his reads harder, but this game is so big that's not an easy thing to do. I'm guilty of this myself.

Where is your vote on him coming from, OTM?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 450, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 444, Iconeum wrote:
In post 432, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 260, Skybird wrote:Right now, I feel like either Maid Cafe or OTM is scum, I'm not sure which one though leaning towards Maid Cafe. I didn't like and from them.

Tibor and Lumia ping town to me. That is a gut read.

Pre-edit: Thanks Phosphophyllite
worst post in the game
Really want to talk about this one! This is the one that makes me townread Skybird.

He get's his opinion in on the 1v1 between Maid and OTM, takes a stance, and backs it with a reasoning.

I don't see it as a terrible post at all.
It's what makes me scumread Sky.

Ironically this response makes me nullread you.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 582, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 568, baku and munna wrote:
In post 530, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 524, baku and munna wrote:i got slight scum vibes from shining dreamers push on maid cafe. it seemed like they started from the position "we're pushing maid cafe" rather than either "we are looking at evidence for maid cafe's alignment" or "we think maid cafe is scum, what evidence supports this" but nothing too strong atm
Venmar is a 100% gut read. it could be bias but i think he is at the very least genuine in his opinions, and am leaning town.
Maid Cafe is that i was on their side in the pregame arguments making me think they were town.
OTM is playing misguided town to a T. A lot of wrong pushes but they genuinely believe them and are trying to solve the game.
Where do you think I am right and where do you think I am wrong?
1v1 with maid cafe, early townbloccing. nothing you were right on springs to mind.
Interesting...None of those are actually pushes. Maid Cafe was pushing me for a perceived wording issue far as I can tell. I still legit don't get it.
However I don't see that as a wrong push...You said there was a lot of "wrong pushes" surely you can name one?
Between prior reasons (one cited) and how manna did a reasonless attack on me I am pretty sure something weird is going on with manna and Skybird. Enough to wanna see where it leads.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 672, Reasonably Rational wrote:Skybird, what's your position on OTM?

-Cerb
To me, there was something weird about their 1v1 with MC in the beginning which is what made me think one of them might be scum. But if one of them is, my vote is on MC. MC was stating earlier that he needs someone with no votes to vote them so they could get mana. (Post ) That has been the case for them with Shining Dreamers since the first vote count. So why have they not voted SD and "gained" some mana?

Bottom line, not really interested in voting OTM at the moment. Still not sure if OTM is town but leaning more in that direction.

VOTE: Maid Cafe
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
baku and munna
baku and munna
Goon
baku and munna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Post by baku and munna »

V/LA till Monday some things popped up, This is Shiro head
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

In post 683, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 651, Tibor and Lumia wrote:oh btw
OTM, you say I was feeling scumread for the wrong reason, but honestly activity is sometimes the right reason for me. As scum I have a tendency to flake out if I'm not into a game for some reason, whilst as town I might have more drive to try anyway. Creature can back me up on this, I had an offsite game where I was disengaged due to post volume + my "lover" partner (basically my mason if I had been town) not being around, but me finding an in-road and having an active partner made me more invested.
See now I am all kinds of confused. Tabor said not to scumread activity cases and now you are saying to do so. At this point it’s kinda clear y’all aren’t talking with each other and that could be causing some reasons for scumreading you.

VOTE: Skybird
Real talk, Gamma and I have repeatedly taken separate sides on whether lurking is NAI or not. So I still personally will not take it into account for anyone. But, if you want to use it as AI, there's nothing I can do to stop you, is there?

Gamma and I discussed the issue in PT and this is really the best I can personally do. There's nothing that's going to make me change my mind that activity is NAI and there's nothing to change Gamma's mind that it isn't no matter how long our discussion goes and how many games I argue against it with him.

So, do whatever you want to try to sort us. I'll be catching up more tonight (as in more than 12 hours from now) in my own style after work.

-Tibor
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 477, Chara wrote:historically, a scum lynch on day 1 is actually worse for town. sometimes, it can work out wonderfully despite that. but for the most part, i'd call it bad. Maki knows what i mean.

therefore, seeing as my role powers up on town deaths, and a day 1 scum lynch is bad for town, i propose we collectively agree to lynch town. i know it sounds silly, but it makes sense. i hate seeing town do well on the first day only to tank every other.

VOTE: Mark
Chara, you saying this is very worrying, especially when it does not seem that you are joking! I hope you are reaction testing! Because this makes me very worried, it is the most absurd thing I have ever heard! Town should always make their best efforts to lynch scum, especially on Day 1! Correlation is not equal to causation; the only reason why the town loses after lynching scum correctly Day 1 is because the town was bad, and they got lucky Day 1, that's all! The only time we should ever lynch town Day 1 is if RC is in the game, then we lynch RC because he will be scum MVP.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 472, Chara wrote:Kiana: it/its or they/them, please, especially if what you're doing is defending my honour. :>
Oops. Sorry! I am not used to this! :<

Please forgive me!
<3
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

was made by Titus but unsigned.

The above are made by Kiana.

~Kiana
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 682, OnTheMark wrote:FYI it’s public info my main got outed since the micro finished.

I am MathBlade aka Roundabout on MU. I am alting to improve my play on MS and take some MU things that work here and because I wanna have an account separate the more I go on a life journey. Since it’s public knowledge on MU I don’t think it’s fair not to announce it here but I was hoping that micro would last a bit longer damn.
Hi!

It turns out that I do recognize your name! But I don't know you personally! And neither you do, for me. So, it won't affect my ability to sort you as a "null entity" :)

Incidentally, before your main was revealed, I had to ask Titus to try to ID you because I wanted to know how strong you were, and if you were as powerful as you claimed; Titus plays on MU and DLP as well, so I figured she would be helpful with this. But, then, with some clues, I managed to guess that your identity anyway! Titus was still being mean and told me "I cannot confirm or deny" when I asked her if I was right... hmph!!

~Kiana
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:59 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

I am beginning to townread Skybird. Let me express my suspicion hereforth on players who attempt to paint her as scummy.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

Baka and munna also making some posts here that I like.
Spoiler:
In post 281, baku and munna wrote:
In post 191, Chara wrote:hey, this argument is pointless, can we nix it. you're talking around each other. Mark's underlined bit means investigative roles to them, and his logic on this has been consistent. i don't think any more semantics are going to help.
In post 236, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 88, Maid Cafe wrote:I am going to claim something I prolly should have approached subtly but it heavily helps the town to target us with actions that grants our slots abilities/items/whatever you wanna call it. When we gain an ability as a result of another player/Creature's spell or ability (which is all actions) we will "power up", well not exactly but I don't really want to claim that part. But essentially just give us free stuff since it's more cost effective then giving other players stuff in a pretty meaningful way.
~B
I am fairly certain this is a >random scum ability.

Not just from a game design perspective, but from a Varsoon game design perspective.

It's the kind which
could
come from town, admittedly, yes. But it is still far >random odds of being a scum ability.

Claiming it openly does nothing to lessen that.
are people incapable of reading game mechanics?

ok so preliminary reads. I reckon Maid Cafe is town. i was agreeing to a large extent on their push on Mark. gonna put mark as a scumlean for now.
however, i am more confident in my scumlean on chara. they are townsignalling without actually generating any content. Seems like a better LAMIST.
RR is already a townread but i put very little stock in that bc i always tr them
venmar is a townlean, i respect the shitpost.
those were my main opinions on what I've read so far, will confer with Shiro before going more in depth.
In post 516, baku and munna wrote:
In post 392, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 391, OnTheMark wrote:@Cerb — Name one thing you disagree with me strongly on and one thing you disagree with me but it’s meb.

@Kiara (the other part of the Titus hydra) same question.

I am thinking I might be rescinding the Cerb TR.
Nope. Nothing immediately comes to mind, which means I probably don't strongly disagree with you on anything(or else I'd have already said so) and I don't particularly feel like reading your ISO simply to satisfy your curiousity about some insignificant difference in opinion.

The implication of your question+statement is that you believe I've been subtly buddying you by echoing/failing to disagree with statements you've made. Let me say this again: you are overestimating how much significance I place on your slot.

I believe the only people I might consider buddying are Titus and mastina, and that would simply be to spare Drixx the unhappiness that he experiences when those particular people fail to trust him regardless of what he does.

Oh, and maybe random, cuz I want to be a in PT with him cuz tradition!
-Cerb
could still happen :D

people are confusing chara doing protown things with it meaning they are more likely to be town. only reason i'm not going after them hard rn is that they were arguing with iconeum who has also been scummy and want to think about that more.
not seeing any of the same townvibes from shining dreamers that other people seem to be.
RR, Venmar and Maid Cafe are probs town imo. OTM is either town of playing an extremely smart scum game.
In post 517, baku and munna wrote:talk to me plz ppl (this is rando btw incase that wasn't obvious)
In post 524, baku and munna wrote:i got slight scum vibes from shining dreamers push on maid cafe. it seemed like they started from the position "we're pushing maid cafe" rather than either "we are looking at evidence for maid cafe's alignment" or "we think maid cafe is scum, what evidence supports this" but nothing too strong atm
Venmar is a 100% gut read. it could be bias but i think he is at the very least genuine in his opinions, and am leaning town.
Maid Cafe is that i was on their side in the pregame arguments making me think they were town.
OTM is playing misguided town to a T. A lot of wrong pushes but they genuinely believe them and are trying to solve the game.
In post 568, baku and munna wrote:
In post 530, OnTheMark wrote:
Where do you think I am right and where do you think I am wrong?
1v1 with maid cafe, early townbloccing. nothing you were right on springs to mind.
In post 532, Chara wrote:
In post 516, baku and munna wrote:people are confusing chara doing protown things with it meaning they are more likely to be town. only reason i'm not going after them hard rn is that they were arguing with iconeum who has also been scummy and want to think about that more.
so, what does town do if not protown things? :>
things with town motivation.
In post 541, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 539, Chara wrote:i would guess the vote moves via privately messaging Varsoon.
but, as usual, your questions are quite thorough.

pedit: :<

Mark, is there a reason you enjoy swooping to my defense so valiantly?
It is not to your defense.

I am about to case Reasonably Rational and show how irrational and contradictory Cerb is being.

Odd that you respond to this and not the Skybird vote.

Then after I get done if someone townreads RR then tell me why.
cerb is many things
irrational is not one of them
RR is obv towning tbh, they are asking the right questions and moving the game forwards.
P.edit - i would be happy voting chara rn but want to talk to shiro first
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:03 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

Damn it,
Varsoon
could you be a dear and help me fix the tags in the above post please?

V: Taken care of.
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:03 am

Post by Chara »

In post 682, OnTheMark wrote:FYI it’s public info my main got outed since the micro finished.

thought so!
nice to see you, Math.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”