Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 739, Reasonably Rational wrote:All of the above is not to say that I think OTM is scum, however, their play is questionable so far with regards to my slot at least
-Cerb
In post 744, Reasonably Rational wrote:I think OTM already let it go when they saw nobody was actually buying into their case. As I said, I would have just let it lie myself
but there are parts of that push that don't make sense for someone as familiar with me as they are to make.
these confuse me. cerb do you think onthemark is scum, or town?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 748, Reasonably Rational wrote:Have there been any other games with her where you were this ignorant at this stage?
Not that I can remember.

What are your thoughts on Micc so far?

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 703, Micc wrote:
In post 470, Iconeum wrote:
In post 365, Micc wrote:VOTE: Taly
I think this is a good place to start. I don't know how you get a role like the one he claimed and don't immediately think "hey I can use this to confirm other people's abilities when they claim them" as town. Like sure everyone's probably got access to reasonably powerful ability, but waiting for someone to get run up to L-1 and claim and then copying their ability to compare it to the claim seems like good value.

For the record I disagree with any theory argument that leads to claims from players not on L-1. Props to Chara for expressing importance of not being stupid.
How do you feel about the follow-up provided by Taly, after being questioned by Chara about this? That was also posted before you made this post, did you read it and ignored it, or missed it?
329 was terrible imo. The idea of claiming in order to spur discussion and interaction is gross. Wanting to give a public warning that his ability is ever changing and unpredictable is scum motivated preparation for later and further shows how he’s missing half the utility of the ability. Him showing uncertainty about Chara’s sarcasm and deciding to assume meaning instead of seeking clarification.

Yeah this is a good wagon. People should join.
In post 708, Micc wrote:
In post 704, Venmar wrote:
In post 701, Iconeum wrote:Venmar, who do you read as scum in this game?
Other then voting yourself 'for mana gain', you are voting Tibor because the slot went against purposefully lynching townie D1 as a general strategy... Of all things Tibor hydra posted, that's like the one thing I really liked about him.
it shouldn't be the the thing you like about them though, lol. tibor had a knee-jerk scum reaction to the strat chara mentioned and has been fake posting all game so far
Just got to this and besides chuckling at Charas post I’m also agreeing with Venmar on this read.

And fwiw I’ll be trying to lynch scum today not town.
Interesting vote Maid Cafe.

@Micc: Why are you voting for Taly over Tibor? You've expressed dissatisfaction with both slots(agreeing with Venmars scum read on Tibor, which indicates agreement that there exists a more significant history of scummy actions than that which exists for Taly(since that history is based on a singular event)), and Tibor has more votes already...so why not put more pressure on the other scum read?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:20 am

In post 750, Venmar wrote:
In post 739, Reasonably Rational wrote:All of the above is not to say that I think OTM is scum, however, their play is questionable so far with regards to my slot at least
-Cerb
In post 744, Reasonably Rational wrote:I think OTM already let it go when they saw nobody was actually buying into their case. As I said, I would have just let it lie myself
but there are parts of that push that don't make sense for someone as familiar with me as they are to make.
these confuse me. cerb do you think onthemark is scum, or town?
I have no idea. I just know that OTM shouldn't be pushing me for these things, but they are...but a lot of people have, in the past, pushed me for things they know are normal for me in spite of being town.

I'm starting to think that when people do that sort of thing, it might be wholly NAI, and it's just them trying to strengthen their case by throwing a buncha shit together even if it's easily refuted.
In post 751, Maid Cafe wrote:
In post 748, Reasonably Rational wrote:Have there been any other games with her where you were this ignorant at this stage?
Not that I can remember.

What are your thoughts on Micc so far?

~B
Only thoughts are included in the question I just asked. :)

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Chara »

no questions for Chara, Cerb? (this is not a serious post, i just want to chat.)

there, now i'm being very explicit. or should i keep making sarcastic posts and see who believes me and who doesn't? :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:24 am

In post 754, Chara wrote:no questions for Chara, Cerb? (this is not a serious post, i just want to chat.)

there, now i'm being very explicit. or should i keep making sarcastic posts and see who believes me and who doesn't? :>
I only have questions for people when something prompts me to have a question!

For example, I asked Micc a question because when I saw MC's vote, I was like wut? So I went to check Micc's ISO sinc eI expected it to be super short(and it was) and immediately found things that could justify a vote on them, so I asked about them. :)

Do you have any controversial opinions, or ones that, based on your knowledge of me, I wouldn't find to be sufficiently justified with what you've posted in the thread so far, so I can ask you about them?

-Cerb
Show

Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 744, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 742, Bronya Zaychik wrote:Mark, Please let this go. I don't want a devolve theory discussion.

Feel free to comeback later or cop them if you need to.

If you don't lynch RR today, they still lead to buddy lynches if scum. I also really don't want them to be scum as I really want a game where we work together.

~Titus
I think OTM already let it go when they saw nobody was actually buying into their case. As I said, I would have just let it lie myself but there are parts of that push that don't make sense for someone as familiar with me as they are to make.

In other news.

How are you Titus? I haven't talked to you in forever. Your bday was yesterday ya, on Pi Day? Or was that the other head? :D How was it?

-Cerb
Mine. I still have other engagements throughout the week.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:31 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

Bronya what are your thoughts on Micc so far?

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:33 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 757, Maid Cafe wrote:Bronya what are your thoughts on Micc so far?

~B
He has not stood out to me so far.

Thoughts on Iconeum?

~Still Titus
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:35 am

Hey Titus, what do you think is the most important thing to know about a closed setup when it comes to solving the game, other than the alignments of the players?

-Cerb
Show

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Chara »

In post 755, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do you have any controversial opinions, or ones that, based on your knowledge of me, I wouldn't find to be sufficiently justified with what you've posted in the thread so far, so I can ask you about them?
no, not really.
i actually don't know what i expected. good chat. <3

pedit: can i answer this one too!
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:37 am

In post 760, Chara wrote:
In post 755, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do you have any controversial opinions, or ones that, based on your knowledge of me, I wouldn't find to be sufficiently justified with what you've posted in the thread so far, so I can ask you about them?
no, not really.
i actually don't know what i expected. good chat. <3

pedit: can i answer this one too!
YES!

Everyone can answer it! :D

-Cerb
Show

baku and munna
baku and munna
Goon
baku and munna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:38 am

Post by baku and munna »

@mark ok push was a bad choice i meant generally the stuff you were talking about

does who is aligned with who (but not their actual alignment) count as an answer to that question?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:39 am

The more I know you though, the more valuable your answer is, which is why I asked Titus first. :)

-Cerb

pedit: Pretty good answer yo, B&M. :)
Show

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 758, Bronya Zaychik wrote:Thoughts on Iconeum?
I thought he was town but I forgot why, I'll give him a look again.
Maki said he was scum and I didn't mind rolling with her read.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

What is the spiciest read that you guys currently have?
Confidence doesn't really matter I am just curious.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Chara »

my answer is different for grand themes like this one and for regular closed setups. (like normals, the more simple mini themes, etc.)

regular closed setups: how players use their roles and who's making it clear they're town.

grand themes: what knowledge the scum has about the setup that town does not, and how they use it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 765, Maid Cafe wrote:What is the spiciest read that you guys currently have?
Confidence doesn't really matter I am just curious.

~B
my spiciest read is my scumread on you two.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

In post 767, Chara wrote:my spiciest read is my scumread on you two.
:cool:

aka beeboy and MariaR
Tibor and Lumia
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Tibor and Lumia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Tibor and Lumia »

In post 683, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 651, Tibor and Lumia wrote:oh btw
OTM, you say I was feeling scumread for the wrong reason, but honestly activity is sometimes the right reason for me. As scum I have a tendency to flake out if I'm not into a game for some reason, whilst as town I might have more drive to try anyway. Creature can back me up on this, I had an offsite game where I was disengaged due to post volume + my "lover" partner (basically my mason if I had been town) not being around, but me finding an in-road and having an active partner made me more invested.
See now I am all kinds of confused. Tabor said not to scumread activity cases and now you are saying to do so. At this point it’s kinda clear y’all aren’t talking with each other and that could be causing some reasons for scumreading you.

VOTE: Skybird
Well brass is new so he isn't quite familiar with the way I am as scum. As such he tried to defend me against what he saw as bad logic. Also now that I know who you are it makes perfect sense that you would be reading me this way, as it's the same way I acted in Overwatch mafia to start, which you replaced me in.
I'll try to communicate more with my partner in the future.
~Lumia
Tibor (Brassherald) and Lumia (Gamma Emerald)
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Micc »

In post 752, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Micc: Why are you voting for Taly over Tibor? You've expressed dissatisfaction with both slots(agreeing with Venmars scum read on Tibor, which indicates agreement that there exists a more significant history of scummy actions than that which exists for Taly(since that history is based on a singular event)), and Tibor has more votes already...so why not put more pressure on the other scum read?
On a metric of scum pings per posts I’d say Taly is leading so that’s why I’m voting there now. And there’s like one vote on the Tibor hydra right now so the wagon size is pretty irrelevant.

If this is you saying you’re up for pressuring here then sure I guess I’m in. I think the reads in the catchup post and the Almost50 vote are kinda loose. The random theory question pointed at me is super ackward and I don’t see it’s purpose at all. They both gave at least partial indication that they thought Chara “lynch town day 1” strategy was serious and I kinda rolled my eyes at that.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Interesting Cerb doesn’t answer Titus’s Iconeum question:

@Cerb I skimmed your response.
My short answer to what I think is your main point I wasn’t going to get what I needed to read you and town reads were telling me to drop it.

My main response is where are your arguments that don’t involve my main in regards to my original case? Are there any? Or had you planned on outing my main in order to attempt to defend against the case?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:01 am

Here's another, similar question, that relates the previous one to this game:

What is the most important thing about *this* game to know more about, excluding anything related to specific players.

Is it knowing how mana can be generated?
Is it knowing what different cards can do?
Is it knowing what factionals scum have?
Is it knowing what abilities players might have?

Etc. Purely mechnical knowledge, untied to specific players.

-Cerb

pedit: Naw micc, I'm not in any hurry to wagon anyone, I'm getting plenty of data with the way things are right now, I just found it interesting that you didn't move your vote elsewhere.
Show

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Yume »

@MC Can you answer this for me?
In post 689, Skybird wrote:
In post 672, Reasonably Rational wrote:Skybird, what's your position on OTM?

-Cerb
To me, there was something weird about their 1v1 with MC in the beginning which is what made me think one of them might be scum. But if one of them is, my vote is on MC. MC was stating earlier that he needs someone with no votes to vote them so they could get mana. (Post ) That has been the case for them with Shining Dreamers since the first vote count. So why have they not voted SD and "gained" some mana?

Bottom line, not really interested in voting OTM at the moment. Still not sure if OTM is town but leaning more in that direction.

VOTE: Maid Cafe
Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

In post 773, Yume wrote:@MC Can you answer this for me?
In post 689, Skybird wrote:
In post 672, Reasonably Rational wrote:Skybird, what's your position on OTM?

-Cerb
To me, there was something weird about their 1v1 with MC in the beginning which is what made me think one of them might be scum. But if one of them is, my vote is on MC. MC was stating earlier that he needs someone with no votes to vote them so they could get mana. (Post ) That has been the case for them with Shining Dreamers since the first vote count. So why have they not voted SD and "gained" some mana?

Bottom line, not really interested in voting OTM at the moment. Still not sure if OTM is town but leaning more in that direction.

VOTE: Maid Cafe

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”