Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Chara »

Gamma, if you're town, you being killed is a
good
thing, especially over another PR or a townier player.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2475, Chara wrote:Gamma, if you're town, you being killed is a
good
thing, especially over another PR or a townier player.
I agree. People making plans based on me being full watcher is bad though.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Shaziro »

I'll explain my Titus townread, in return you explain your scumread on me. All I've seen as far as I'm aware is that I called Gamma a liar. If you can't understand why being aggressive and direct with my question makes sense for me after being more subtle and indirect got no less than 3 other people to pile in and respond -for- the person, denying me the ability to get a damn read on them, I don't know what to tell you.

Titus is playing -exactly- to how I've seen her play town, Moon logic without an attempt to explain it to anyone else. I think her paranoia of me is also very similar to her paranoia of me in Adventure Mafia, complete with really bizarre and incorrect assumptions about what I am. Add to that the fact that her tone pings incredibly honest and genuine, and her fighting with Kokichi rings more of tunneltown Titus than scum latching on to a baseless accusation, I'm pretty sure she's town. I -definitely- want her as one of our World Congress people, along with Brass, because she did it 100% pro-town and right last time, and I trust her to do it again. Even if she -is- somehow scum, in the WC at least, she is leashed to town's needs.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2360, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2349, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2314, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2307, Almost50 wrote: I'm 99.99% certain Elbrin died if a direct shot at him and it's 98.99% from the red team (the 1% is reserved for an insane Vig and/or a redirector)
pls stop making unspecified claims. At the least its dumb. At most scummy.
pls stop trying to discredit me me and my ways. At the least its dumb. At most scummy.
It's not really discrediting you, it's just me being frustrated with you being so confident in things you possibly can't know. Its like how you called mom 100% town despite her being 1005 scum and you 100% wrong. :lol:

Like I see all of A. EL died b/c he decided to use role as a hider and Gamma was scum so he died B. He was pushing orange scum (Varsoon) so they killed him. C. and it kinda ties in with B but Gamma is scum and they shot him(EL) to keep EL from investigating him(Gamma) or D. It was to frame Gamma. as equally plausible and uninformed minority arbitrarily picking between these 4 possibilities is both arrogant and shortsighted. With the possibility that you are a gamma buddy and trying to steer town away from a possible Gamma lynch by claiming it was a frame job.

Thought Occam's points to B I feel.
Mate, that would be you analyzing the kill in a vacuum. There were 3 NKs, and if Elbrin died because of him targeting Gamma then Dunker died of the Orange team shot (because obviously Red wouldn't shoot their own), which is VERY BAD SCUM PLAY. No scum in the world would shoot a scummy player on N1 when they could have easily lynched him on D2 and look good for it. No scum wo9uld want to hit the other team who already lost a strong role on D1 and leave the Town PRs alive.

Red shooting Varsoon makes sense because they didn't figure he was scum and he wasn't going to be easily pushed for the lynch anytime soon. Varsoon's assertion there are TWO scum factions STRONGLY hinted he might be a Faction Cop. I've seen those in play multiple times.. a Cop that can specifically guilty one scum faction and not he other, and they always stand out when they assert it's MB.

tldr; there's a theoretical chance Dunker was shot by the Orange teamm but if this is the case then the members of that team need to retire from playing Mafia after this game.
In post 2362, Nero Cain wrote:b/c him being a weak bg on n1 means his role was effectively a hider n1
JJD! Hider canNOT be shot at directly. I'm not arguing against the fact he was weak on N1, but I'm arguing for the fact he COULD BE SHOT still regardless.

Also Gamma is a claimed Watcher now and will resolve himself in due time, so why are we having this conversation anyway?

And you brought up mom. PERFECT. Care to share with the crowd which of us tunneled Gamma in that game to the point of faking a guilty on him and which wasn't even on his lynch wagon? He WAS scum in that game.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2366, Kiana Kaslana wrote:What's preventing Gamma from being Scum Watcher? How lame.
And what was Scum!Gamma trying to figure by watching an IC who was already NK-immune?? Did he expect a Cop to investigate the IC? A doctor to protect him? A Jailer to lock him?? Or did he know he was going to specifically tracked so decided to target the IC and claim he was watching brass in case there was a strongman role in play?
In post 2368, brassherald wrote:or he targets me to BG the conf town for the rest of the game.
That would've been best play indeed, except he crumbed targeting Gamma ages after you were revealed an IC.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2374, Kiana Kaslana wrote:I am so down for lynching Gamma. If he's the remaining scum of a team, then we only have 2 scum left to handle, with one nightkill deducted. That's so good for us, we have so many town remaining. Power Roles at night and Resolutions during the day will weed out the remaining scum.
VOTE: Kiana Kaslana

I am so down for lynching Kiana Kaslana for wanting to lynch a claimed TPR and not even considering he might be what he says he is.

The argument she provides is lame.. "if he is the remaining member of the Red team". What if he isn't?? No, she won't consider that at all.

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Joey_ »

@a50
1.Varsoon scum claimed twice, he mightve been shot for that as well
2. If you think Gamma is scum, there's no reason to assume hes telling the truth about him bieng a watcher so to theorize about Gamma being scum + telling the truth about his role. And like i said, in the off chance that hes actually a scum watcher, he couldve tried to find a potential ennemy Strongarm attempt (very unlikely).
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Shaziro »

Yeah Varsoon was -super- scummy IMO. The whole "fake" communicating thing was -really- obviously purposeful communication that he was trying to play off as taunting or whatever. The fact that people think he -wasn't- scummy is incredible to me.

I think Gamma is probably a town JOAT like he said, tbh. I don't really see scum lying about that. I admit I'm a bit biased by the "I never claimed I -was- a watcher, I claimed I -watched-." thing. That's something I don't think scum would risk, for fear that town would see it as them trying to stretch their claim.

If Joey ends up as runner-up, I think I'm ok with him too. Chara, I'm still waiting to hear your reasons for suddenly thinking I'm super strong scum. Nero, the only thing I haven't done in this game which isn't explained by V/LA is a readslist, and I can whip up one of those I guess, but I really don't have any particularly strong reads save for being 100% sure of brass and myself as town, very confident in Titus and Chara town (in that order.), and being pretty much positive you're a scumfuck who stooped real fucking low and then realized he'd gone too far, which would be why you stepped off. I appreciate that you at least realized when it was time to step off. Almost has been looking towny-er, but he's really just brought himself from "I think you're scum" to "I think you're null and really need to sort your ass". My strongest scumreads were Creature, Varsoon, and A50, so you can see why I'm a bit tossed about. Might read through again, this time looking for associations with our flipped scum.

VOTE: Nero Because I think my vote is still on A50
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2375, Kiana Kaslana wrote:It's more likely that he chose a scum target. 3 Kills have to be accounted for. Unless there are 3 scum factions, or a vigilante to worked tonight (unlikely), there cannot account for 3 kills.
Talk to me more. Why is it less likely for a Town Vig to have acted than both scum factions shooting each other? Cuz that's what you're saying. You're saying Elbrin died of his weak role, and a Vig didn't act, so Orange shot Dunker and Red shot Varsoon.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2377, BuJaber wrote:Whatever let's go. I'm pretty sure one of Nero/gamma is scum anyway. Their fight is annoying and distracting.

I blame Elbirn and kiana if gamma flips town. I will go for a nero lynch too.

VOTE: gamma
Yeah, "let's lynch someone I know will flip Town and I already have someone else to blame it on".

@Chara: Sorry, but your read here IS similar to that on Maki.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2382, BuJaber wrote:I honestly thought nobody was gonna reject the gamma lynch except me.
You reject the Gamma lynch so you vote him? And you thought you're the only one against it when I've been arguing against it all day?

Let me guess, your name is BuJaber, so your eldest son's name must be Hassan. << Now THAT is some logic!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2401, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2356, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2340, Nero Cain wrote:

Germany and Spain are now allies. Germany has vowed to declare war on anyone that attacks Spain.
History is repeating itself it seems. But shouldn't you have been allied with Italy first?
Ain't no fucking way
I'm
allying with Germany
You're Russian though, aren't you?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

The last Red is in: Kiana/BuJaber/Klazam/AD

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2486, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2401, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2356, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2340, Nero Cain wrote:

Germany and Spain are now allies. Germany has vowed to declare war on anyone that attacks Spain.
History is repeating itself it seems. But shouldn't you have been allied with Italy first?
Ain't no fucking way
I'm
allying with Germany
You're Russian though, aren't you?
That's why I said that. It's like Hitler made his move before the treaty was even signed.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Chara »

Shaziro: i talked to Joey about it, did you see that? my initial vote was on a gut feeling re: that post, but your reaction to it is what got me thinking you're scum. i haven't gone back to do ISOs but i'm happy with it. if you're town, hopefully i'll figure it out. :>
thanks for the explanation on Titus, though.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2484, Almost50 wrote:@Chara: Sorry, but your read here IS similar to that on Maki.
nooo. i hope not.

this is why i'm going British Monarchy on this game. please, give me that sweet, sweet motivation.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:23 am

Post by Maestro »

World Congress

Voting for a Congress Host
(Day 2 - Update 3.2)

On Day 2, all players receive 2 delegates for assignment in the World Congress.
The Host receives an additional 2 delegates, for a total of 4 delegates.

Spoiler: Delegates Cast (25)
[12] HEAL: HOST - brassherald: Kiana Kaslana (1), BuJaber (2), ranmaru (1), Klazam (2), ActionDan (2), Gamma Emerald (2),
brassherald
(
)
[2] HEAL: HOST - Titus: Shaziro (2)
[4] HEAL: HOST - Kokichi Koma: Kokichi Koma (2), Joey_ (2)
[5] HEAL: HOST - Joey_: Chara (2),
brassherald
(
), pidgey (1)
[2] HEAL: HOST - ranmaru: Almost50 (2)

Spoiler: Delegates Not Cast in Host Election (11)
Nero Cain (2), Kiana Kaslana (1), Titus (2), pidgey (1), Jodaxq (2), marshy (2), ranmaru (1)

NOTES
:
  • [*]
    brassherald
    remains Host unless/until a new one is elected
    [*]
    Titus
    was the runner up on Day 1
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Need more votes on me to be back up leader.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

If gamma isn't scum (which I think gamma is scum) then you all know Joey is next likely who elbrin targeted right?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2493, Kokichi Oma wrote:If gamma isn't scum (which I think gamma is scum) then you all know Joey is next likely who elbrin targeted right?
Elbirn never targets Joey. He only targets a scumread or brass.
<Embrace The Void>

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Why would he target a scumread? He permantly has to protect that player
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

lmao the only reason Elbirn dying incriminates me is if he targeted me, and if he did it's because I was a scumread and wanted me sorted. You saying Joey is scum if I'm not based on his role, and then asking that question, feels really fucking fake.
<Embrace The Void>

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

If you think it's fake, why aren't you voting me?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2497, Kokichi Oma wrote:If you think it's fake, why aren't you voting me?
Because you're nowhere near the top of my scumreads?
I will say that you should never be host or runner-up
<Embrace The Void>

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Hey Gamma, I have a real quick question: Do you think Dunk flipping scum makes Koki not red scum at the very least?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”