Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1448, Alisae wrote:Wait.
Math is
globally townread

that's not right.
Hi Alisae you're town :P

And yeah...It's right because I am doing MU thingies...where I get townread as town and name like a billion scums in a row...It's fun! But if you like wanna make me not globally townread so I like live another day I would love that.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 1446, Alisae wrote:Like
Most cases are basicly pbpa analyzing a person's ISO.
Because of this, it takes completely out of context what that person is doing,
which makes sense because well, its an ISO. You can't grab context from an ISO.

Also cases make out things which aren't scummy at all, as scummy.
In fact, they try to make it seem like everything the target does, is in fact scummy.

I see this a lot with cases that cover a person's RVS posts on D5 and saying those are alignment indicative.
Like ffs, those posts were made in the RVS phase of the game. If people thought they were AI then it would have been pushed.
Like for example "Oh, this guy's post 5 is a naked vote and that's scummy"
The attempt to suddenly spin those posts around as scummy is disingenuous.
I don't want wall cases. I just want Mark to explain his opinions on slots without referencing other slots.

~Titus
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1450, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1448, Alisae wrote:Wait.
Math is
globally townread

that's not right.
Hi Alisae you're town :P

And yeah...It's right because I am doing MU thingies...where I get townread as town and name like a billion scums in a row...It's fun! But if you like wanna make me not globally townread so I like live another day I would love that.
Its not that its just I respect your ability to wolf so having read none of your ISO at all I am kinda concerned because considering your MS rep I expect a lot more resistence and people to be pulling their hair out when trying to work with you?
Again, I haven't actually played with town you in awhile though so this impression might have changed.
GTKAS
| here.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1451, Bronya Zaychik wrote:
In post 1446, Alisae wrote:Like
Most cases are basicly pbpa analyzing a person's ISO.
Because of this, it takes completely out of context what that person is doing,
which makes sense because well, its an ISO. You can't grab context from an ISO.

Also cases make out things which aren't scummy at all, as scummy.
In fact, they try to make it seem like everything the target does, is in fact scummy.

I see this a lot with cases that cover a person's RVS posts on D5 and saying those are alignment indicative.
Like ffs, those posts were made in the RVS phase of the game. If people thought they were AI then it would have been pushed.
Like for example "Oh, this guy's post 5 is a naked vote and that's scummy"
The attempt to suddenly spin those posts around as scummy is disingenuous.
I don't want wall cases. I just want Mark to explain his opinions on slots without referencing other slots.

~Titus
But it's like mafia? How do I reference things without context? *looks at Titus with a puzzled look and raised eyebrow*

Pedit: It's why I went on MU to try some new stuffs.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

A good chunk of the thread doesn't TR Mark.

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Far as I know it's only Sky who doesn't and Sky is just omgusing and scum flail soooo.....Pretty sure I am universally townread lolz
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1302, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1301, Alisae wrote:If anyone wants to be a dear tho and give me a brief summary of important things I should know then that would be nice :3
I will be a dude for ya late tonight! :D
MAAAAAAAAAAAATH
GTKAS
| here.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1456, Alisae wrote:
In post 1301, Alisae wrote:If anyone wants to be a dear tho and give me a brief summary of important things I should know then that would be nice :3
MAAAAAAAAAAAATH
Yes it's late tonight :P I'm doing the case promised first then your summary :P
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

We are pulling our hair out trying to work with OTM.

They haven't done things that make me, for example, suspect them, but they're definitely not playing in a fashion that makes it likely they'll wield any influence anytime soon.

Titus wants thoughts sans associatives, I want a succinct case on Skybird so I can try to understand what OTM sees.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

mastina/yume
- Who did you think OTM was before they came out as MathBlade?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1457, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1456, Alisae wrote:
MAAAAAAAAAAAATH
Yes it's late tonight :P I'm doing the case promised first then your summary :P
ty <3

--
In post 1458, Reasonably Rational wrote:We are pulling our hair out trying to work with OTM.

They haven't done things that make me, for example, suspect them, but they're definitely not playing in a fashion that makes it likely they'll wield any influence anytime soon.

Titus wants thoughts sans associatives, I want a succinct case on Skybird so I can try to understand what OTM sees.

-Cerb
Classic.
GTKAS
| here.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:37 pm

It is true though that you might be the common thread among all those who have posted explicit town reads.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1458, Reasonably Rational wrote:We are pulling our hair out trying to work with OTM.

-Cerb
And what do ya know? It's the second time that you and Titus have poked me despite me saying I'm working on it. It feels like you're eager to just chomp it at the bit rather than patiently waiting for me to be done. It feels like you want to get it over with.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Umm.

That post wasn't directed at you OTM. It was clarifying the situaton for Alisae.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:46 pm

So, please don't feel any pressure. I'll be happy reading up on what you have to say tomorrow as much as tonight.

-Cerb
Show

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Micc »

In post 1438, Reasonably Rational wrote:Any significant conclusions you've reached so far?

-Cerb
I moved Chara, Mark, Venmar, you out of my lynch pool pretty early.

MC throws me off because beeboy seems way off playstyle/personality, and I’m not sure if it’s me only seeing him in discussion not actual games.

Alisae looks more town than Taly but I’m weary of the entrance because Town read close friend, sheep their scum read and turn away interaction is a pretty convienent entrance.

I’ve got a huge pile of people to sort still and it starts with catching up on stuff I skimmed.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Notice how here in Skybird doesn't actually follow up. She asks a question then doesn't ask another question to sort the slot or do anything with it. It's more like just noise. This 'inactivity'/'inopinion'/'no stances' will be a common theme.

In post Skybird again asks another inactive question, seemingly trying to encourage people to get into the issues that beeboy and I were having earlier without actually investing anything in there. She feels like one of us is scum but doesn't actually follow it up in any sort of way. It looks like it's more designed to try egg people into the Beeboy/me discussion.
In Skybird sarcastically comments that she has the worst post in the game, but then doesn't do a damn thing to hunt or otherwise. The closest thing towards a read from Skybird is a guess, but she has shown no interest in exploring it or anything. Between this and the inactivity, I wanted to see Skybird develop the read.

In they finally justify a read and it's for updating a signature line upon request. About the most null of things as one can get. Now while I understand one CAN townread someone for very little (e.g. what I mentioned before) I'd want something else to complement that person's ISO. In other words, the townread of Dunnstral is accompanied with a lot of other things to read the slot. In this case Skybird has nothing.

has very little in terms of hunting. Again, Skybird comes out votes blazing. This time Skybird attacks Venmar for wanting powers. However she
doesn't
attack On the Maid for the same thing, despite the prior scumread of Maid. If anything this wouldn't cause them to change votes to Venmar but would strengthen their case on Maid. The switch here reads as very inauthentic.

Steps back the ONE authentic read saying it's not really AI but it's gut. In other words, you caught me fabricating a reason for my read so I'm going to say gut.

is an attack on Venmar that again she doesn't follow up on.

backs out of her read of one of me and Maid being scum saying that we both might be.

Then goes back to "Oh yeah there was something bad in that argument" simply based on being asked what her position is on me. Her position on me or any other slot shouldn't end with a vote on Maid Cafe. If she was genuinely pushing Maid she'd be like putting effort in. Right now Skybird is pretty empty.

Reasons Reasons Reasons

What's really bad about the post that Skybird cited is that it potentially outs a vig if we have one. This is barely the semblance of a case, then again I know where she stands on literallly NO one else.

Pleads for me to push MC if she's town. If she's town I'd consider it but it's surely not on anything Sky has done.

Find me an opinion on anyone other than MC in her entire ISO that she hasn't backed away from and she still has even backed away from that. IMHO her ISO is worse than Dunnstral's and Dunnstral only has two letters. Now let's contrast this to a town game....
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=70799&user_select[]=24218

There's a short towngame of Skybird's. 8 posts. Notice how many questions she asks of people. And one of them is a GG post. There's genuine investigation there.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68256&user_select[]=24218

Scum game of Skybird's. Noticably devoid of questions. She does do a bit more in reads than she does here, but it's still more just declaratives. I kinda have a rule for Skybird. If the questions aren't flying out of her mouth enough to make her fly she's probably scum.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Micc »

I was with you until you used an 8 post game to represent sky birds town meta. That just can’t be a good place to pull from right?
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1469, Micc wrote:I was with you until you used an 8 post game to represent sky birds town meta. That just can’t be a good place to pull from right?
It's one of the shorter ones. It's why I pulled it. I can go get a different one. I just figured 8 posts was easier to read :) And would get more buy in.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68775&user_select[]=24218

There's a longer one for your tastes Micc. Thing mafia :)
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Alisae here's your summary gorgeous :)

Mastina mentioned some weird vote thing, Chara claims miller, Beeboy poked at me for what I don't get, more people claimed things, people tried sorting that, People suggest using Taly on Chara, Chara rescinds miller, beeboy complains and begs for mana some more and gets it. Despite my objections that this is a bad idea. and then you replace in and stuff happens happens.

There's all sorts of posts in between that cause me to scumread a lot of people but mainly I have a list of people who I would vote and a list of those I wouldn't.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Micc »

My 10 seconds per post skim didn’t pick up a difference between how often she was interacting by asking questions. But I see the stuff from this game and it makes sense to me.

are you explicitly scum reading beeboy? I don’t really like his approach either but I’m having a hard time putting scum motivation to it. And I guess do you have meta thoughts on him. I don’t know why I’m so thrown off by his playstyle here but I’ve never played with him so maybe I just have the wrong expectation.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

I am not explicitly scumreading beeboy/Maki hydra.

They have done things that ping me as scummy but at the same time scummy doesn’t always equal scum and the interactions don’t really support beeboy scum. I wish beeboy was scum that would make things easier because then some of the early weirdness is explained.

However they aren’t anywhere near lock town either. They are on my worry later pile.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”