Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:46 am

Post by Micc »

im just trying to understand your intentions because I still haven't decided how much I trust what you're doing here. but you role's obviously powerful and we aren't lynching it so me voting you is stupid
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

I don't like the Alisae vs mastina. Something feels off. It's not a good look. For Mastina.

Originally townreading mastina but this 1v1 makes me hesitate.

Also, love the Micc case.

~Kiana
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:34 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

I'm liking the content from Tibor.
Shining Dreamers
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Shining Dreamers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Shining Dreamers »

In post 1527, Bronya Zaychik wrote:I don't like the Alisae vs mastina. Something feels off. It's not a good look. For Mastina.

Originally townreading mastina but this 1v1 makes me hesitate.

Also, love the Micc case.

~Kiana
Interesting, considering it was me who fought with him....why are you scumreading my partner when I am the one posting most of the time?

- Phosphophyllite
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 am

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

No wonder it sounded off. My bad. Nothing to see here, carry on.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

@OTM: Reasons for suspecting Sky bird make sense, particularly the lack of follow-up in the inquiries she makes. I dislike the "feel"/interpretative parts of the case, where you say a certain action is her doing something, but her not doing things makes sense to me. How does all this relate to Iconeum?

@Yume: roles were created before alignments were assigned, Alisae certainly isn't scum because she has a mana stealing ability, AND that ability isn't even hers, it came from Micc, so even if the ability were AI, it would indicate Micc was scum. I don't particularly like that she immediately used it to steal from you, Alisae seems like largely a loose cannon when it comes to using powers, but I wouldn't say any of it makes her likely scum.

@Micc: can you(or anyone else, I suppose) explain the Venmar townread in a way that doesn't reference gut or feelings?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:10 am

In post 1510, Skybird wrote:OTM, it's been almost a year since I last played mafia. I don't have the time I used to have available to play. It has altered my play style, unfortunately in a scummy direction. That being said, I'm all good with being the D1 lynch. OTM and Mastina/Yume are certain I am scum. All of them are extremely stubborn and do not readily admit to being wrong. Therefore they will scum read me for the rest of the game which is something scum will be able to use later should I live very long.

Cerb, thanks for showing me the post on the 8 planes. I was concerned you were covering for Bee Boy. Right now I'm thinking this might be town RR. But I would really like to see Drixx post.

pre-edit: We were in a PT during that game and I used it to my advantage as scum. It made me feel like shit but it's what I had to do to help my team win.
I would also really like to see a Drixx post. :/ Didn't respond to my messages yesterday. :(

You should know better than to think I'd cover for a teammates screwup on D1.

Your response here us unsatisfying regards what OTM had to say. Can you go back to the questions and points they made, such as dropping lines of inquiry for no real reason, and voting in places other than where it seemed to make sense for you to vote based on what you said, and explain your thought process.
-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:33 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1525, Alisae wrote:In all seriousness as soon as I got the mana I spent it on an instant card,
I'll go into what that is on D2 :]
You realize mana doesn’t carry over yeah?
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:36 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1531, Reasonably Rational wrote:@OTM: Reasons for suspecting Sky bird make sense, particularly the lack of follow-up in the inquiries she makes. I dislike the "feel"/interpretative parts of the case, where you say a certain action is her doing something, but her not doing things makes sense to me. How does all this relate to Iconeum?

@Yume: roles were created before alignments were assigned, Alisae certainly isn't scum because she has a mana stealing ability, AND that ability isn't even hers, it came from Micc, so even if the ability were AI, it would indicate Micc was scum. I don't particularly like that she immediately used it to steal from you, Alisae seems like largely a loose cannon when it comes to using powers, but I wouldn't say any of it makes her likely scum.

@Micc: can you(or anyone else, I suppose) explain the Venmar townread in a way that doesn't reference gut or feelings?

-Cerb
Will type up the Iconeum answer later. And Venmar

Can you please express why you don’t townread Venmar?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 am

Post by Venmar »

catching up.... again.... happy to say that i can have a retry game with a town alisae tho
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 am

Post by Venmar »

yeah, alisae is town

am i the only one that thinks 1515 and 1516 by tibor is mostly noise/fluff?
In post 1517, Alisae wrote:Tbh I'm tempted to just use the Elli tell for Brass and move on.
i am interested in these services that you may have to offer

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 am

In post 1534, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1531, Reasonably Rational wrote:@OTM: Reasons for suspecting Sky bird make sense, particularly the lack of follow-up in the inquiries she makes. I dislike the "feel"/interpretative parts of the case, where you say a certain action is her doing something, but her not doing things makes sense to me. How does all this relate to Iconeum?

-Cerb

Because no reason to town read Venmar exists. He's done effectively nothing but ask to be the second biggest wagon at day end.

-Cerb
Show

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Venmar »

bronya's buddying of alisae on page 58 gives me
shudders

pedit: o shit, there it is, the cerb discredit. do you actually believe i have been completely useless? do you even read my posts?

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:03 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1537, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1534, OnTheMark wrote:

-Cerb

Because no reason to town read Venmar exists. He's done effectively nothing but ask to be the second biggest wagon at day end.

-Cerb
Yay! I get to do a Drixxy thing :P

So would you agree that we are in one of four worlds:
Sky is scum with Venmar,
Sky is town Venmar is scum,
Sky is scum Venmar town,
Or both are town.

Would you agree those are the only four options? I know it seems duh but I am doing a Drixxy premise thing in that spirit of working together thing so please play along :)
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:11 am

Post by OnTheMark »

See when Drixx and I hydra’d together we’d both start with like really “duh” premises and then build off those to make our arguments. So right now I am just building the foundational building blocks so then from that point it’s either attack the foundational points or a specific point in the chain. It removes a lot of “gut” and “I dunno if I agree with that” and replaces it with more concrete things which I feel are lacking from you a lot Cerb. I would love to see more “firm” stances from you on people.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:13 am

OTM. I don't have firm stances this early in games. Ever. That's the thing you're expecting from me that doesn't make sense.

Venmar: again, not discrediting you. I'm saying I've seen nothing from you that's notable.

-Cerb
Show

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:15 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1541, Reasonably Rational wrote:OTM. I don't have firm stances this early in games. Ever. That's the thing you're expecting from me that doesn't make sense.

Venmar: again, not discrediting you. I'm saying I've seen nothing from you that's notable.

-Cerb
Can you just agree to the four possible worlds or disagree with it?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:17 am

Hmm.

Actually, I just reread your iso.

You've done more than I remembered, Venmar. I think your tendency to mix complete shipposts in with your content may have caused me to disregard you prematurely.

Still don't think you've done anything especially town, but you haven't done as little as I thought you had.
-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:18 am

In post 1542, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1541, Reasonably Rational wrote:OTM. I don't have firm stances this early in games. Ever. That's the thing you're expecting from me that doesn't make sense.

-Cerb
Lol, sure. You missed the possible world where one or both of them is a third party role, but other than that yes, you are correct.

-Cerb
Show

Kiana Kaslana
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Kiana Kaslana »

In post 1538, Venmar wrote:bronya's buddying of alisae on page 58 gives me
shudders

pedit: o shit, there it is, the cerb discredit. do you actually believe i have been completely useless? do you even read my posts?
shudders of excitement, perhaps? :wink:
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am

Post by OnTheMark »

[quote=The Mysterious]
Oh, and I forgot to mention this, but any and all power gained by Town becomes significantly less helpful when scum know who has access to that power...which is what happens when scum go on missions.

In the scenario you were talking about, the problem was that you wouldn't know who on town would end up with these potentail threatening PRs, and possibly didn't even know what the PRs would be. Here, you know player x has these benefits, and you know to handle them appropriately.

Anyways, my point about wanting us to move on from this discussion still holds, I just had a relevant thought to share[/quote]

Does
this
also sound like something you’d agree with Cerb? In general scum knowing what town can do would weaken town?
Kiana Kaslana
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Kiana Kaslana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am

Post by Kiana Kaslana »

In post 1543, Reasonably Rational wrote:Hmm.

Actually, I just reread your iso.

You've done more than I remembered, Venmar. I think your tendency to mix complete shipposts in with your content may have caused me to disregard you prematurely.

Still don't think you've done anything especially town, but you haven't done as little as I thought you had.
-Cerb
Am townreading Venmar. Not strong enough IC-level but currently more than Shining Dreamers
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1544, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1542, OnTheMark wrote:

-Cerb
Lol, sure. You missed the possible world where one or both of them is a third party role, but other than that yes, you are correct.

-Cerb
Cool yay now I can get started on my Drixxy style. Just for you *grins*

Would love to see if you agree with the other quote too. It drastically simplifies one of my arguments.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Venmar »

anyone wanna explain to me like im a little child how sky's alignment is tied to mine?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”