Sid Meier's Civilization 5 UPick Mafia (GAME OVER)

Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Joey_ »

Actually, i just thought about it but Gamma is mechanically clear of being last red already since he would never have wasted his faction scum night kill on the protected IC, also joda and gamma cant both be lying (in case joda faked the track) since theres most likely 1 red left so
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 2624, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2621, Klazam wrote:Also Joey being leader is smart option here because that way town keeps control of delegates at daystart tomorrow. That’s one thing I thought of.
This is actually clever. I like this idea.
i have been saying that since day start tbh, its better to give the WC to the non-clear because the IC can get killed anytime
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2601, Joey_ wrote:I think we should totally confirm Pidgey and Marshy's role tonight so they get cleared from being last red
In post 2602, Joey_ wrote:And i also think that we should witch hunt last red to prevent a night kill every night from now on
In post 2610, Chara wrote:i think assuming there needs to be a scum religion spreader is about on the level with assuming two scumteams, except one of those options says we need to lynch in marshy/Almost/pidgey because they all have the same power.
Let's force them to prove their roles, then we lynch in the pool imo.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

HEAL: brass2x

I'm pretty sick again so I'll be v/la for the next 2 or 3 days.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 2593, Joey_ wrote:@Brass do you prefer to get the +2 delegates or nah ? If im WC i will give them in your possession regardless tomorow if you are still alive
Sure I'll take extra delegates.

Sorry guys had a full date day and have to catch up. Also overgamed a bit and it really showed.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by brassherald »

Looks like I was too late for that anyway. I dropped out of some games though and should be back for force in this one. I still can't promise lots of posts tomorrow though since weekends are the rare times I get to spend with my fiancee until we find another apartment
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2583, Shaziro wrote:I am now 100% Confident that one of A50, Pidgey, and Marshy is scum.
So am I, tbh. Protestant & Catholic should not be of the same alignment. And now I need to decide which of the two I want to lynch.

OK

VOTE: pidgey

I think Isabela of Aragon was responsible for the initiation of Inquisitions in Spain, which was basically a genocide against non-Catholics (and especially Muslims & Jews). Of the top of my very weary memory there was also a Ferdinand of Castilla?

I mean, regardless.. Catholicism is tied with inquisitions in the middle ages, so it's more likely to be assigned a Mafia role than Protestantism.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2584, marshy wrote:why? a religion spreader already flipped scum. unless you think each scumteam has a religion spreader but i dont see why that HAS to be the case. religion is a really weak role and seems to be worthless unless theres some kind of wc boost for it. im not convinced that theres def another scum there and if i was scum thats the narrative id be pushing because it deprives the lynchers of accountability
Look at it this way: Catholicism vs Protestantism and Paganism vs Taoism and it may make sense to you that there are 2 Town Religion spreaders vs 1 Red Mafia & 1 Orange Mafia

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2589, marshy wrote:btw keep in mind that scum cant kill and use a role power in the same night as venmar stated earlier. so i could not have killed elbirn and recruited him in the same night.
How we do we know you recruited him to begin with??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And you also speak of THREE scum teams when we only have been assuming 2?? I smell a skunk!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Can anyone think of a major historical incident where the Protestants where the "war wagers", so to speak? I mean, The Catholic Church was also responsible for the Crusades, so that's why I'm voting Pidgey over Marshy here

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 2635, Almost50 wrote:Can anyone think of a major historical incident where the Protestants where the "war wagers", so to speak? I mean, The Catholic Church was also responsible for the Crusades, so that's why I'm voting Pidgey over Marshy here
The Irish Rebellions?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 2636, brassherald wrote:
In post 2635, Almost50 wrote:Can anyone think of a major historical incident where the Protestants where the "war wagers", so to speak? I mean, The Catholic Church was also responsible for the Crusades, so that's why I'm voting Pidgey over Marshy here
The Irish Rebellions?
Wait, no, I think those were Catholics as well, nevermind. Got the two sections mixed up
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by marshy »

In post 2633, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2589, marshy wrote:btw keep in mind that scum cant kill and use a role power in the same night as venmar stated earlier. so i could not have killed elbirn and recruited him in the same night.
you dont. hes dead. that said my understanding is people who get recruited are told. so id prove it tonight
marshy
marshy
Goon
marshy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by marshy »

that said i havent played civ in years but it seems all the major religions are covered in this game if you want to look at it from that pov
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 2619, Klazam wrote:What. Scum. Role. Wants. To. Target. The. Fucking. IC.
It's not impossible, I don't get why you're trying to force this.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

@mod can we start WC now
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2638, marshy wrote:
In post 2633, Almost50 wrote:
you dont. hes dead. that said my understanding is people who get recruited are told. so id prove it tonight
Regardless. You may be able to prove your role tonight but that doesn't mean you used it rather than the factional kill last night.

The only thing working in your favour their is you claiming to have visited Elbrin unprovoked. Then again, that would be the only valid fake claim for you to make when you are outed a religion spreader and asked to reveal your targets.

No. That doesn't clear you at all.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Chara »

don't really think i buy "one of the religion spreaders has to be scum" to begin with. it could just as easily all be town with the intent to make one of the claims look suspicious. they do all need to prove it but that's more bookkeeping than anything else.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Chara »

i mean if i had to guess one it would be marshy, but that's more laziness than a real conclusion.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2552, Almost50 wrote:I don't want to do the extra work of ISOing and quoting you. Suffice it to say the way you're handling me/Gamma/Nero is very much town you. Or you could always say it's gut and I have not seen something scummy from you.

P.S. Also the very fact that you cared to ask about it rather than just be content I'm TRing you.
i'm aware enough of my own meta to ask you about your townread on me as scum, Almost! :>
i don't think i've really obvtowned this game (on-purpose or accidentally), but i know your metric for reading me is probably different than what i'm thinking of. why the Gamma/Almost/Nero grouping?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2632, Almost50 wrote:Look at it this way: Catholicism vs Protestantism and Paganism vs Taoism and it may make sense to you that there are 2 Town Religion spreaders vs 1 Red Mafia & 1 Orange Mafia
if religions are tied to civilizations, and civilizations are NAI, does this mean anything? :P
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2645, Chara wrote:why the Gamma/Almost/Nero grouping?
Because that was the main subject .. Nero pushing Gamma and I hard defending him.. and congratulations on making me second guess the confident TR on you, because I thought it was obvious why specifically that grouping, so now I'm feeling like you're asking for the sake of asking! :facepalm:

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Chara »

there's more than you and Nero on either end of the Gamma issue. but i do get what you meant now. :<
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Maestro »