Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4272, Ranmaru wrote:I have a 2 week suspension from work. Sorry to hear you will have a bad day though. I know how that feels.
hey oog, just want you to know that I've read a bit of your blog and if you ever need to talk I have an inbox.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

(I just wish that deadlines werent at 3am my time. But I know no matter what time someone would get screwed.)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

oog, thank you, I'll keep that in mind, I will deff hit you up sometime.

(I'm used to it either screwing me or being beneficial to my timezone, I know the feeling)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 4273, Thestatusquo wrote:I don't think you ever reconsidered. your pushes on me follow a pattern. you declare me to be town for some small thing after no one joins with you, then you push someone else for a while, then someone else expresses suspicion of me, and you jump back to pushing me again.

you have declared me town almost exclusively when no one was willing to vote me and declared me scum when someone else said I might be scum.

this is part of what I mean when I say your positions are convenient to you.
That's the thing. I try to reconsider you, but then I'm only able to bring out a sentence or two of a town read. I was already scumreading you before Gamma voted. I was pushing towards LQ earlier since at that time, there was more support for it, and I'd rather go for likely scum, that have the most support. Gamma saw that your vote on CES looked bad, and I took that opportunity to vote you. It'd make much less sense for me to not push for you at that time. I do give you opportunities to prove me wrong, such as when I tell you I was waning on LQ and was showing you my thought process at that time. I'm humble enough to understand there may be some weaknesses in my play, that I don't see, which is why I give it to you there, but you don't respond to that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Theres a lot going on in a mafia game at any given time and everyone misses things. I don't understand why you think that is indicative of alignment.

My main problem is just how convenient all your actions have been.

Your tone is super town in the last hour or so though.

:/
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I just don't really know who could possibly be scum if you're town.

It would have to be 2 of {dunn lq gamma} and I think LQ is so so so likely to be town?

I just don't know, and all the possible combinations I see include dunn.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

jesus christ
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4281, Lycanfire wrote:jesus christ
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4280, Thestatusquo wrote:I just don't really know who could possibly be scum if you're town.

...shadoweh?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Gamma's town has been super town, too
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4283, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4280, Thestatusquo wrote:I just don't really know who could possibly be scum if you're town.

...shadoweh?
yes she should be in that tier too in a world ran is town.

the problem is that I think that she and gamma are completely opposite.

gamma has bled townie with his words, but a lot of their actions have not been pro town at all, especially wrt ces.

marquis slot has been very not townie with their posts, but the actions of ces and marquis to each other are not a bus in my mind.

I'm not sure which is more likely to be scum though.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Shea: I don't *know* who scum is either and as I have said, I'm not that confident in my reads this game. I will say, I'm slightly wavering due to one of your points... you said that if you were scum, you wouldn't just push [dunn, nsg, marquis] when you did give that Action Dan and Davsto were players that could be scum. Can you go more into why you didn't look more into Dan/Davsto on Day 3? How do you feel about Dan preferring no lynch over Dunn/You? What's your updated read on Shadoweh?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4287 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Davsto »

Dunn, you have some fucking nerve asking me to justify my vote on you when you've barely justified an action the whole damn game.

How about how your TSQ vote seems to be based more on the chance that someone would join you on him and lynch him over any actual scumread? How about how you called me to see if anyone would potentially vote me? How about how you and Ranmaru have both been very closely pushing these things to get the momentum up quicker? How about the way you're acting in attempting to vote based on who would be lynched rather than who you've actually stated as your scumreads absolutely mirrors the way that Ran was acting towards the end of yesterday? How about all these things being within the last 24 hours when you've finally actually upped your posting?

Fucking hell Dun
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 4285, Thestatusquo wrote:marquis slot has been very not townie with their posts, but the actions of ces and marquis to each other are not a bus in my mind.
CES's push on Marquis was pretty awkward, actually. He also awkwardly mentioned him as a scumread while voting Llama, which A50 noted was weird.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4287, Davsto wrote:How about how your TSQ vote seems to be based more on the chance that someone would join you on him and lynch him over any actual scumread?
There was no support for tsq when I started that.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

i think my last point just touched on how I feel about shadoweh.

I'm not sure what this means
you said that if you were scum, you wouldn't just push [dunn, nsg, marquis] when you did give that Action Dan and Davsto were players that could be scum.
could you clarify?

I didn't look into dan and davsto because I am pretty confident they are town. Dan's posts all scream townie to me. And I feel like his posts in this lylo reinforce that point. His tone and his reads that dig deep into the game and his response to my calls to be louder are all super town to me. Davsto is much the same, and I feel like his actions wrt ces are just very hard to see as a bus. you tell me you disagree, but I just don't see it. Why would scum davsto jump on ces that early when there was a perfectly viable counter wagon? why would he be so insistent that ces be lynched?

I think NL today is functionally the same as NL tomorrow, except we lose the even/odds. If dan firmly believes the lynch candidates are town I think its rational for him to prefer a no lynch.

I would make the exact same play if forced to choose between, say, LQ and dan right now.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 4289, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4287, Davsto wrote:How about how your TSQ vote seems to be based more on the chance that someone would join you on him and lynch him over any actual scumread?
There was no support for tsq when I started that.
Yes, but multiple people had stated some interest, hence why I used the words "someone would join you on him" not "people were already voting on him".
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4287, Davsto wrote:Dunn, you have some fucking nerve asking me to justify my vote on you when you've barely justified an action the whole damn game.
We're not playing the whole game right now, we're playing the day four lynch. Or at least I am.
In post 4287, Davsto wrote:How about how you and Ranmaru
You're not voting Ranmaru.
In post 4287, Davsto wrote:How about the way you're acting in attempting to vote based on who would be lynched rather than who you've actually stated as your scumreads absolutely mirrors the way that Ran was acting towards the end of yesterday?
Me mirroring Ranmaru - wait he's a living, unflipped player - what are you on about?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4291, Davsto wrote:but multiple people had stated some interest
They really hadn't, I didn't actually think I could push that through, it was more of a stick to my guns sort of thing before going down
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4290, Thestatusquo wrote:i think my last point just touched on how I feel about shadoweh.

I'm not sure what this means
you said that if you were scum, you wouldn't just push [dunn, nsg, marquis] when you did give that Action Dan and Davsto were players that could be scum.
could you clarify?

I didn't look into dan and davsto because I am pretty confident they are town. Dan's posts all scream townie to me. And I feel like his posts in this lylo reinforce that point. His tone and his reads that dig deep into the game and his response to my calls to be louder are all super town to me. Davsto is much the same, and I feel like his actions wrt ces are just very hard to see as a bus. you tell me you disagree, but I just don't see it. Why would scum davsto jump on ces that early when there was a perfectly viable counter wagon? why would he be so insistent that ces be lynched?

I think NL today is functionally the same as NL tomorrow, except we lose the even/odds. If dan firmly believes the lynch candidates are town I think its rational for him to prefer a no lynch.

I would make the exact same play if forced to choose between, say, LQ and dan right now.
also, functionally it seems weird to me that you'd call out this choice on dan as if he's the only person making it. You are currently making the same choice by not voting dunn.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Davsto I'm not going to entertain you whining about my gameplay over the course of the game - I've contributed more than you have during day four, full stop. It is day four right now, I am trying to piece this together, you sit in the back row and say it's me and ranmaru without interacting with our clear or anybody else really
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 4292, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4287, Davsto wrote:Dunn, you have some fucking nerve asking me to justify my vote on you when you've barely justified an action the whole damn game.
We're not playing the whole game right now, we're playing the day four lynch. Or at least I am.
How does this even slightly counter my point?
In post 4287, Davsto wrote:How about how you and Ranmaru
You're not voting Ranmaru.
Yes but I've been voting him this entire fucking day but since there was little chance of him being lynched I switched to someone I've also been calling scum the entire fucking day
In post 4287, Davsto wrote:How about the way you're acting in attempting to vote based on who would be lynched rather than who you've actually stated as your scumreads absolutely mirrors the way that Ran was acting towards the end of yesterday?
Me mirroring Ranmaru - wait he's a living, unflipped player - what are you on about?
This is white flag with two scum left. Associatives are really important as both scum know that either of them being lynched will cause a loss. Looking for people acting very much together and in each others' favour is very important. Also, Ranmaru is someone who I've been very much thinking is scum. You two working together on votes gives them a bit extra momentum that might move town onto mislynches.

You're smarter than this. You're panicking. These "counterpoints" are beyond ridiculous.

I have to go now. Please, ActionDan or GE (or Ran although I'm hardly expecting you to), vote Dun. Thanks.

Seriously, anyone, just read this dunn post. It's bad.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 4295, Dunnstral wrote:Davsto I'm not going to entertain you whining about my gameplay over the course of the game - I've contributed more than you have during day four, full stop. It is day four right now, I am trying to piece this together, you sit in the back row and say it's me and ranmaru without interacting with our clear or anybody else really
Oh wow you've been contributing more than me at the point where scum play is most important wow what a good townie play woweeee
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Shea: If you and Davsto are town, then that means Dan and Shadoweh are scum in my eyes. If you are scum, Dan just missed a big opportunity to win the game for town. Also on your new post: I'm already voting you. Dan isn't even voting anyone. I have said I don't want Dunn, but you haven't seen me proposing we no lynch over Dunn. On Day 3 you and I were conversing about Dan and Davsto, and I tried to get you onto Dan, but you voted LQ instead.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

but by not voting dunn you are choosing to a NL over dunn. you could choose to lynch dunn but you are choosing to have a nl instead. its the same choice dan is making, though you are right that you are voting someone and he is not.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”