Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1465, Micc wrote:
In post 1438, Reasonably Rational wrote:Any significant conclusions you've reached so far?

-Cerb
I moved Chara, Mark, Venmar, you out of my lynch pool pretty early.

MC throws me off because beeboy seems way off playstyle/personality, and I’m not sure if it’s me only seeing him in discussion not actual games.

Alisae looks more town than Taly but I’m weary of the entrance because Town read close friend, sheep their scum read and turn away interaction is a pretty convienent entrance.

I’ve got a huge pile of people to sort still and it starts with catching up on stuff I skimmed.
Convenient reads, no thanks
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Venmar »

micc should probably get prodded

decided to iso micc to see what all of the fuss is about. i don't like posts like #1424 and #1465, but i do like posts like #1437, #1469. micc reads more like misunderstood town, his posts feel genuine.

someone might have to hold my hands here but yeah im not interested in voting micc today at all
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1513, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 1511, Alisae wrote:
In post 1508, Shining Dreamers wrote:Actually, she though Mark was someone else, so your point is invalid.

- Phosphophyllite
OKAY THEN ANSWER MY QUESTION WHO DID SHE THINK SHE WAS.
Like I'll concede on the point sure I just want a fucking answer is that so much to ask for?
mhsmith0.
This flew through my mind for a second until I checked and found out smith wasn't in SU2 (at least I think he wasn't)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1523, Micc wrote:so you deny the scum read you're not voting mana at the expense of allowing the scum read you are voting to have it?
Mhm this some tasty shit
<Embrace The Void>

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

@Taly: I've been chatting with people to force them to firmly state their positions on things and what the reasons are for those positions, so in the future, as flips happen, I can use that information to gauge whether their behaviors confirm them as scum or town to me.

Basically what I do every day 1.

@Venmar: Again, I don't talk about(or even really develop) reads D1. Just not how I play. D1 is a crapshoot, I'd rather lynch using RNG than listen to anyone's reads. Then, once we have an actual flip, logic and reason can come into play.

@OTM: The existence of this hood and the neighborizing effect you're aware of does not guarantee that scum is in the hood/the hood is scum controlled. You keep talking about Varsoon games meaning that roles!=alignment, yet you're pushing that because of your "counterclaim" there's actually guaranteed scum somewhere? Yeah, no, that doesn't work, ESPECIALLY when you should also know Varsoon LOVES hoods, and having a bunch of neighborizers is perfectly reasonable for him, and in no way indicative of alignment.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

My dice rolls are statistically better then everyone elses dice rols.
So voting Micc is optimal from that POV ;)

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2256, Reasonably Rational wrote:On the plus side, this is *probably* a town slot's set of stuff, unless it's difficult for them to gain mana, since otherwise generating 2+votes out of nowhere is a good way to force a lynch on someone as scum.
Where did the "role =/= alignment" and "roles were created before alignment were assigned" go?

Also, I'm starting to get flashbacks of Bloodborne here. Too much hidden powers that can only be countered if we knew the source and the exact extent and details.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

A50 why are you fake claiming you can't vote btw?

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:07 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

oh wait did you retract that and did I miss it.

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:12 am

In post 2331, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2256, Reasonably Rational wrote:On the plus side, this is *probably* a town slot's set of stuff, unless it's difficult for them to gain mana, since otherwise generating 2+votes out of nowhere is a good way to force a lynch on someone as scum.
Where did the "role =/= alignment" and "roles were created before alignment were assigned" go?

Also, I'm starting to get flashbacks of Bloodborne here. Too much hidden powers that can only be countered if we knew the source and the exact extent and details.
A50, don't be obtuse. The roles themselves don't indicate alignment, but the way they're used do. This role was not used in a scummy fashion, and is thus less likely to be scum than if they had just dumped their hand into play at a later date to force a lynch.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 am

In post 2332, Maid Cafe wrote:A50 why are you fake claiming you can't vote btw?

~B
He claimed that his vote was stolen, and then it was returned.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:18 am

In post 234, Shining Dreamers wrote:
In post 86, OnTheMark wrote:Hi town. How you doing?
So they're gonna find out when I post my final readslist anyway, but Reasonably Rational is in my scum list already. (I'M SORRY.)

This has many caveats to it--I am giving you my word that unless something of absolute dire consequence comes up or Yume specifically asks me to (if Yume wants to push them, then I will of course help her out <3), I'm not going to actually push that before D3 at the absolute earliest (with even D3 probably being too soon). The scumread is not rock-solid; it is barely above average in strength. It is subject to change and I consider Reasonably Rational to be a self-sorting slot akin to Creature.

They just take much, much, much longer to get to that stage. I know damn good and well not to trust a scumread like this so early on, that it very well can (and probably will) reverse. And while I do expect to die during the night, I don't expect it to be immediately, so I can afford to wait on this. To put it another way--I won't lie and say I townread them, but I will still work with them actively as possible and come to my own conclusions later on. Though the read is technically scum, I am going to treat them as if town and give them that reads pass more or less for about (preferably slightly over) half the game.

(You CAN read them correctly before then...it's just that it's much, much harder and both Drixx and I at the very least don't want the grief of me trying regardless of his alignment. It gets UGLY when I am vocal about scumreading him. I mean it's ugly for me to scumread him REGARDLESS since me being subtle about it doesn't do much to lessen how shitty it is...but however bad scumreading him in the background might be, doing so in the foreground is ten times worse.)

SO WITH THAT SAID.

You can go ahead and trust them...
...But don't trust them to be town fully until they have the resume actually supporting it.

They absolutely don't have that yet. I honestly don't think it's possible for them to have it before D2 because before D2 there's no definitive information to tell you what is and is not town. Only assumptions. And given that Reasonably Rational is just about the most powertown hydra in existence regardless of whether they are town or scum...on D1, assumptions will always point those not more in the know to them being town.

tl;dr version: Please don't be mad at me, Drixx. I'm giving you a LOT of leeway here. A LOT. I just can't afford to give you unlimited sway because Cerb's play has been such where you aren't in the zone where I can. My read is what my read is and right now that read is not a positive one, so I advise others to take caution in having one prematurely.
Starting my catch up posts. They will go on for awhile as I work through my notes and talk to Cerb about stuff.

I did want to respond to this early post by itself though.

@Mastina - I only get annoyed when you scum read me/us without any reasonable reasons to do so. Since you've scum read me/us
literally every single game
, but only were right in SU2 (Civ doesn't count since we were on the same team AND I replaced out to avoid being a lurksack coming off of the last day of SU2, and I don't count SMITE because you never expressed anywhere before your death that you planned to go after my slot and your defense of my slot ultimately helped get me to the win). That's a whole lot of town games where you misread me/us.

Because you have so often misread me/us, with poor reasoning at best, it has gotten to the point where it feels like you actually cannot read me/us and just default to a scum read to cover your ass.

That, and only that, is why I get irritated at you. And if you look at the quote here: you haven't given any reason. You went out of your way to say it was only slight (so that implies you must have a specific reason to emphasize where on the scale the read is). You also set a clock on me/us but made no argument as to why you believe that.

Given that it is in our best interests, regardless of alignment, to obvtown when the time is right ... you can see why having no reasoning whatsoever is frustrating. And obviously there's some wariness from the end of SU2 where I dumped an absurd amount of time into the final day and made a logically airtight case for us being town even though we weren't, and none of that impacted you at all. You as much as said you would rather lose WITH us than TO us. While the best way to look at that is flattering, it's super frustrating from the rhetorical side of the game. The worst part of that was that we literally played that game as if we were town. Every action we took was taken because town!RR would have done that. Under any other circumstance than someone preferring to lose WITH us than TO us, our play that game should have resulted in the win.

So if you don't want to have an uncomfortable time of it, just provide your reasoning and legitimately be open to re-evaluating it.
At the end of the day, both Cerb and I operate from logic and reason far more than anything else, with me being the more emotional of the two of us (although that doesn't say much as I'm pretty detached and introverted by nature with the exception of the rare times when my doctors prescribe steroids for one thing or another).

For the time being, I have WAY more other things to address, so I'm not likely to say much more directly to you unless you provide some reasoning or ask a specific question aimed at me. No sense cultivating trouble.

I WILL say that I'm wary. You are self aware enough to realize you basically HAVE to scum read us. That makes it super difficult to figure you out. The bit about the fact that we always obvtown when we want to, regardless of our alignment, felt a little bit like a way to excuse yourself for having no reason to scum read us. Just some candor for you.

~D
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:20 am

In post 2326, Venmar wrote:
micc should probably get prodded

decided to iso micc to see what all of the fuss is about. i don't like posts like #1424 and #1465, but i do like posts like #1437, #1469. micc reads more like misunderstood town, his posts feel genuine.

someone might have to hold my hands here but yeah im not interested in voting micc today at all
I mostly agree with this appraisal. Micc's lack of significant contribution bothered me, but he does seem to be making a good faith effort to interact and respond to things directed his way, as well as probing in directions that attract his attention, when he is here.

I may also be a little subject to the implicit AtE in his bit about how he should have known better than to join a game full of people who knew one another well, it makes me want him to feel like he's being listened to.

-Cerb
Show

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Creature »

Good morning.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Creature »

Good afternoon.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:50 am

Post by Creature »

Good evening.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Creature »

Did scum dayvig me and I didn't notice?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Creature »

Guess I'm gonna try reverse reading.
Sigh
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Maid Cafe »

Nah scum is dayvigging you now.

Bang bang: Creature

aka beeboy and MariaR
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2337, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2326, Venmar wrote:lla ta yadot ccim gnitov ni detseretni ton mi haey tub ereh sdnah ym dloh ot evah thgim enoemos

.eniuneg leef stsop sih ,nwot dootsrednusim ekil erom sdaer ccim .9641# ,7341# ekil stsop ekil od i tub ,5641# dna 4241# ekil stsop ekil t'nod i .tuoba si ssuf eht fo lla tahw ees ot ccim osi ot dediced

deddorp teg ylbaborp dluohs ccim
breC-

.ot denetsil gnieb s'eh ekil leef ot mih tnaw em sekam ti ,llew rehtona eno wenk ohw elpoep fo lluf emag a nioj ot naht retteb nwonk evah dluohs eh woh tuoba tib sih ni EtA ticilpmi eht ot tcejbus elttil a eb osla yam I

.ereh si eh nehw ,noitnetta sih tcartta taht snoitcerid ni gniborp sa llew sa ,yaw sih detcerid sgniht ot dnopser dna tcaretni ot troffe htiaf doog a gnikam eb ot mees seod eh tub ,em derehtob noitubirtnoc tnacifingis fo kcal s'cciM .lasiarppa siht htiw eerga yltsom I
.cciM no esuap em sekam sihT
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2344, Creature wrote:
In post 2337, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 2326, Venmar wrote:lla ta yadot ccim gnitov ni detseretni ton mi haey tub ereh sdnah ym dloh ot evah thgim enoemos

.eniuneg leef stsop sih ,nwot dootsrednusim ekil erom sdaer ccim .9641# ,7341# ekil stsop ekil od i tub ,5641# dna 4241# ekil stsop ekil t'nod i .tuoba si ssuf eht fo lla tahw ees ot ccim osi ot dediced

deddorp teg ylbaborp dluohs ccim
breC-

.ot denetsil gnieb s'eh ekil leef ot mih tnaw em sekam ti ,llew rehtona eno wenk ohw elpoep fo lluf emag a nioj ot naht retteb nwonk evah dluohs eh woh tuoba tib sih ni EtA ticilpmi eht ot tcejbus elttil a eb osla yam I

.ereh si eh nehw ,noitnetta sih tcartta taht snoitcerid ni gniborp sa llew sa ,yaw sih detcerid sgniht ot dnopser dna tcaretni ot troffe htiaf doog a gnikam eb ot mees seod eh tub ,em derehtob noitubirtnoc tnacifingis fo kcal s'cciM .lasiarppa siht htiw eerga yltsom I
.cciM no esuap em sekam sihT
Dont
<Embrace The Void>

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:03 am

Post by Creature »

So brassherald replaced out?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:05 am

Post by Creature »

Am I allowed to mention what a certain banned user would do at this point?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Creature »

(it's purely my imagination though)
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2346, Creature wrote:So brassherald replaced out?
yes
In post 2347, Creature wrote:Am I allowed to mention what a certain banned user would do at this point?
I mean are you trying to relay a message for them? If not I think it's fine
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”