Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm scumhunting and accepting collateral damage. Considering a post complete because it includes a scolding for one of the mafia ten commandments, that's not doing anything.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:18 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 25, popsofctown wrote:I'm scumhunting and accepting collateral damage. Considering a post complete because it includes a scolding for one of the mafia ten commandments, that's not doing anything.
Is serious then? Because I interpreted it as just another RVS post, but if not then the problem with publicly discussing what could come from masons when you've already made your point should be obvious.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:26 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 22, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote verydark

That's a real vote on scum and I'll definitely come back to it post game and brag that I caught him Day 1.

I also have a real read on Mathdino if anyone wants to guess what that is. Same for Agent Sparkles but that one isn't as strong.

So three reads on page 1. I also want to guess town on Gamma and scum on pops but those are so weak that their next post could definitely change my guess.
I guess town on Math because of his immediate commitment to reminding people of common-sense strategy? As for me, I have no idea.

I'm definitely interested in seeing the reason behind the verydark read, considering was his one contribution to the thread.
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 24, Sando wrote:
In post 23, popsofctown wrote:
In post 21, Sando wrote:
In post 18, popsofctown wrote:suggests his alignment has two components
What are the two components of the scum roles in this setup again?
Alignment and partner's name.
Righto, thought you meant "ability" and alignment, and scum are vanilla scum, didn't think of partners.

Agree with Dino though, Mason hunting is bad mmk.
scum ability is the nightkill
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 27, Agent Sparkles wrote:
In post 22, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote verydark

That's a real vote on scum and I'll definitely come back to it post game and brag that I caught him Day 1.

I also have a real read on Mathdino if anyone wants to guess what that is. Same for Agent Sparkles but that one isn't as strong.

So three reads on page 1. I also want to guess town on Gamma and scum on pops but those are so weak that their next post could definitely change my guess.
I guess town on Math because of his immediate commitment to reminding people of common-sense strategy? As for me, I have no idea.

I'm definitely interested in seeing the reason behind the verydark read, considering was his one contribution to the thread.
Correct. Mathdino is a town read. You are a town read as well.

Verydark's phrasing of "let's get some scum" is what the new kids are calling LAMIST if I'm not mistaken.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:01 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 18, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: Vote: Gamma Emerald

Saying "I have not the liberty of selecting anything about my alignment" instead of saying "I have not the liberty of selecting my alignment" suggests his alignment has two components - a side, and a set of people who share that alignment. A VT would be more likely to naturally construct the latter statement.

Doesn't really rule out a masonslip, but the quality of lynching someone who is mason/scum is significantly better than random lynching, so this is where my vote should go for now.
What is happening in this post?
VOTE: popsofctown

@mod @popsofctown would 'pops' be an acceptable nickname?

TRing MD but not for the mason warning. For the prediction in the first post. I've seen day 1 predictions. I've seen page 1 predictions. This is my first post 1 prediction. He's thinking about bragging rights before ANYTHING else. Townie.

Or scum being very very very 'calculating'?

*leaves the building before the boos*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Don't town read me for that. I'd do it as scum too.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:14 am

Post by BuJaber »

Noted
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:15 am

Post by BuJaber »

MD is mathdino ftr.. I should probably say dino in this game to avoid confusion.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 30, BuJaber wrote: TRing MD but not for the mason warning. For the prediction in the first post. I've seen day 1 predictions. I've seen page 1 predictions. This is my first post 1 prediction. He's thinking about bragging rights before ANYTHING else. Townie.
That "prediction" is NAI. It's a joke based on our Team Mafia team.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Saying "I have not the liberty of selecting anything about my alignment" instead of saying "I have not the liberty of selecting my alignment" suggests his alignment has two components - a side, and a set of people who share that alignment. A VT would be more likely to naturally construct the latter statement.

Doesn't really rule out a masonslip, but the quality of lynching someone who is mason/scum is significantly better than random lynching, so this is where my vote should go for now.
The more I look at this the more I feel like it's scum blatantly masonhunting hoping for refuge in audacity
VOTE: popsocftown
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:52 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 16, Agent Sparkles wrote:VOTE: Mathdino for accusing Kmd and Gamma but not voting
Very shallow, but it was still RVS so don't put much weight on that shallowness.

This is most likely just a lack of understanding that a bunch of the player list were in Team Mafia in which people did get to choose their alignments by choosing which game to play, so there will likely be running gags on that for a while. However I'm not a big fan of slip hunting. People don't really slip all that much.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:08 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 34, davesaz wrote:
In post 30, BuJaber wrote: TRing MD but not for the mason warning. For the prediction in the first post. I've seen day 1 predictions. I've seen page 1 predictions. This is my first post 1 prediction. He's thinking about bragging rights before ANYTHING else. Townie.
Well now I feel dumb.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It is?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 20, Mathdino wrote:Scumslips don't happen.
who are you and what did you do with the real Mathdino

also hi everybody!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: verydark

I can sheep this

also my hot take is gonna be pops vs Gamma is TvT
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Mathdino »

Townslips happen all the time! Scumslips don't happen in that way.

I admit scumslips do happen lategame but never on page 1.

I feel sufficiently pocketed by KMD that I'm even willing to wagon people for him!
VOTE: Verydark

Also whoever's voting pops for masonhunting is bad. Scum has no motivation to PUBLICLY masonhunt. It's just anti-town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 41, Mathdino wrote:Townslips happen all the time! Scumslips don't happen in that way.

I admit scumslips do happen lategame but never on page 1.

I feel sufficiently pocketed by KMD that I'm even willing to wagon people for him!
VOTE: Verydark

Also whoever's voting pops for masonhunting is bad. Scum has no motivation to PUBLICLY masonhunt. It's just anti-town.
That would be me and it's more the timing of it feeling planned to give maximum loudness
<Embrace The Void>

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 38, Kmd4390 wrote:
It is?
Well, I'm assuming it is. It may not be a joke given it's Dino, in which case I can only speak to 1/4 of the prediction being wrong. :cool:
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 35, Gamma Emerald wrote:

The more I look at this the more I feel like it's scum blatantly masonhunting hoping for refuge in audacity
VOTE: popsocftown
this doesn't read fake honestly

i don't really believe scum goes into the thread and thinks "how about i make everyone think i'm town by doing an obviously anti-town thing"

at least not a 2008er

mulch would obviously do that lol
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Aster »

In post 30, BuJaber wrote:@mod @popsofctown would 'pops' be an acceptable nickname?
Yes, it would.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 43, davesaz wrote:
In post 38, Kmd4390 wrote:
It is?
Well, I'm assuming it is. It may not be a joke given it's Dino, in which case I can only speak to 1/4 of the prediction being wrong. :cool:
Oh, I'm dumb. Was thinking BuJaber meant my reads in my first post. Yeah, Mathdino's was clearly a Serious Business joke.

My vote becoming a wagon has me a little paranoid, but both votes seem fine on their own...

On, pops, it feels more like "fuck you, I'm doing my thing". He's definitely not just scum trying to blatantly hunt masons. If he's doing that as scum, it's for town cred or because he'd do it as town. I don't really think Gamma voting him for it is scummy though. I feel like I've seen Gamma reach early in games.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:32 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: darkside
Deadline is much shorter than normal so we can't mess around and wait a week before generating movement of some kind.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

If you identify the four players who have partners, you do instantly win this setup. Obviously identifying the players who cannot win if they are lynched is the cleaner less costly angle of scumhunting. But I'll take what I can get.

I don't see why my case is being characterized as a slip. Nothing about it is a slip. He said that he didn't get to choose anything about his role, and didn't get to choose anything else. If he's VT, he didn't get to choose that he is town, and he didn't get to choose his partners, and his partners is the empty set. It's totally valid to make a statement about an empty set. People are just more likely to comment on nonempty sets. If someone took me out on a date, and I said I didn't get to select a dessert, you would assume my date treated me to a specific dessert, but if I said we didn't have time for dessert you wouldn't complain my previous statement was invalid.

Unless you're all just saying this statement of probability is so obvious that he would preview edit it out which just seems like too scummy to be scum fallacy.

Gamma Emerald's progression from 18 to 25 is terrible. I made no intervening posts to change his read. The only change is that BuJaber joined the wagon making it seem more viable and socially acceptable. BuJaber didn't even post a case that Gamma might have found compelling, he just asked "what is going on here".
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

scanning up I don't see anything better going on. VOTE: Gamma Emerald
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”