OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Playing scum is about controlling perception.
Take a look at my scum meta in Shadowrun.

I controlled the perception.

Shadowrun >> Scum doesn’t full claim d1. Except I did to assure JaeReed I was town and then people started dropping pants. Scum doesn’t invent a code so “scum” don’t know about things. Except I did so I never had to worry about cross docs. Scum wouldn’t tell the truth about mechanics. Except I did because it resulted in mislynches when the group perception was bad.

Anytime someone says scum wouldn’t do this my alarm bells go up to 50.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Along those lines I would like to know is
Did anyone have flavor and/or role information for someone besides themselves or someone of the same alignment before 5 minutes into D1 and after the distribution of role PMs?
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Might as well let a replacement happen.

~B
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

That question may require smoothing since it’s a compound question.

Another good one would be did scum choose anything during pregame?

So then when we get a scum flip is there some choice we can analyze.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Chara: I said you get TR'd for doing it THIS TIME. Obviously you don't get any Town cred in any future game(s) in which you do something similar because that would be "knowingly banking on a previous example".

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Gamma

If Sky isn't going through this one is as good for me.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

@alisae what your thoughts on doing this?

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What the shit? When did I become the hot topic?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 2521, OnTheMark wrote:See I think I finally realized why I am having a hard time with RR read on the drive home.

I feel like to excuse the analogy RR is kinda like an infomercial. Like he’s saying things in order for me to buy into him being town.

Like here have a lie detect check. So? He could have known that was in the game before hand. Furthermore even if that stemmed is the truth it doesn’t make it not premeditated on his part.

Like for a buy it now ad on TV. They have testimonials and show the product off. Like “look at all these customers satisfied by the Snuggie. It can’t be wrong.” That’s what I feel RR is doing. I just don’t know how to explain a feeling.
You basically think we're doing what we did in SU2 with our claim. That's understandable.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

If he is, the proper thing though is to force him to eliminate paranoia and see how town roles interact. For instance, based on the amount of double voting perhaps scum have a lynchproof player or there is a lynchproof mechanic.

I fought RR's D1 lynch because I felt his town utility was OP. He has that feature. Look at that perspective.

~Titus
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2534, Bronya Zaychik wrote:If he is, the proper thing though is to force him to eliminate paranoia and see how town roles interact. For instance, based on the amount of double voting perhaps scum have a lynchproof player or there is a lynchproof mechanic.

I fought RR's D1 lynch because I felt his town utility was OP. He has that feature. Look at that perspective.

~Titus
I could see that if roles were alignment dependent.

But they aren’t.

And the key problem is no person can eliminate paranoia because of it.

Sure he can do what I say, but is it what I need? And no one can force powers to be used a certain way. If someone could scum would be two steps ahead. That’s the issue I have. Cerb called it a smoking gun. I just don’t see it.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:58 pm

What did I call a smoking gun??

Titus, clever question suggestions?

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

Hell I am damn near close to vanilla with the sheer luck I would have to have to get mana and no I am not sharing what. So that means scum will keep me alive which means I have to figure out whether it’s a car salesman or my best friend.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Oh! And to everyone suggesting finding out if scum have something or not, that's not possible, unless it's via a scum factional. I can check if x exists in the game, unrelated to alignment....so I can't use the qualifier of "do scum have"

I have to ask if it exists period within roles/cards.

-Cerb
Show

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1768, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1763, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1759, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1758, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1754, Venmar wrote:
In post 1752, Reasonably Rational wrote:So, Venmar, why now and not earlier?

-Cerb
because it's silly now
In post 1751, Purple Heart wrote:
In post 1749, Venmar wrote:eh i think im going to change my vote to the guy that has been all voice and... that's it

vote: reasonably rational
BUT CAN I INTEREST YOU
IN MICC?
for 2 anime coins, maybe
Reasonably Rational will never get majority.

I agree with the read but it’s a horrible vote.

You and I will never outspeak Cerb. Unless someone well liked and respected hops on the wagon is done, unfortunately.
Plus I have an ace up my sleeve! Though mastina slot is already on the wagon! But mastina head probably isn't the one that placed the vote. :p

-Cerb
You literally can’t. There is no role that provides an ace up the sleeve. It’s why I don’t give a shit about what people claim. There is no deck or rational basis. Roles are not alignment indicative.

Hell you could be a scum with what would be the scum equivalent of an IC and just claim IC. Until and unless a moderator confirms someone as town I don’t give a monkey’s butt what you claim I don’t care about mechanics in terms of alignment. So no you don’t have an ace and if you believe you do save it don’t fucking talk about it now.
\Actually, I think I might be lynchable today, if I didn't speak again. I think total number of players-expressed townreads=lynch threshold right now, but just barely.

And sure, i know I don't have an actual card up my sleeve, but it's fun to act like I do!

Can we do something productive? I feel like nothing productive is really happening. :-/ And yes, I'm part of the problem right now, but I don't really feel like putting the thought into initiating something, but I'm okay with reacting to stuff.

-Cerb
Card up your sleeve wrong phrase sorry.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Ah yeah. Honestly, this wasn't even the thing I was talking about. ;)

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Serious question: is everyone having fun?

If you're not having fun, let's talk about it and figure out how to make this fun. I think Micc left because he wasn't having fun, and that sucks. :(
-Cerb
Show

Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

@RR, At this point, I don't have enough info to "get clever". I think traditional questions about strongman, roleblockers, card nullifiers/destroyers and things like that might prove more prudent. You know things that are traditionally scummy. I don't know enough to get creative. Blame it on not being an IC/hood network.

@Math, That's a typical Varsoona disclaimer. RR has a thing where they are shrewdly logical. They cannot help it. Regardless of alignment, they put in copious amounts of effort. It is their blessing...and leash. Given our no bullshit policy to each other (due to our natural paranoia levels), RR and I could frankly never pull a fast one on each other due to fear of them outwitting us. The closest either of us came was me stealing RR's Rb and misleading as to the strength of my block. The latter never really fooled them though. If you suspect RR scum, step back and look at his larger plans. They leave a signature amount of coordination. (Please take this as a compliment RR.)

Also, don't write yourself off yet. There are new planets and new cards to draw. You just might be a gated role that you yourself are unaware of. :-p
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 pm

In post 2521, OnTheMark wrote:See I think I finally realized why I am having a hard time with RR read on the drive home.

I feel like to excuse the analogy RR is kinda like an infomercial. Like he’s saying things in order for me to buy into him being town.

Like here have a lie detect check. So? He could have known that was in the game before hand. Furthermore even if that stemmed is the truth it doesn’t make it not premeditated on his part.

Like for a buy it now ad on TV. They have testimonials and show the product off. Like “look at all these customers satisfied by the Snuggie. It can’t be wrong.” That’s what I feel RR is doing. I just don’t know how to explain a feeling.
I realize others already explained this, but I laughed so hard at this. Literally everything we do, no matter what we are, is logical and planned. We will sit on stuff for weeks real time before putting something in motion. You likely aren't who I think or else you would know that and wouldn't be getting a "used car salesman" vibe. We're not trying to sell you a shamwow: I promise.

~Drixx
Show

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2541, Reasonably Rational wrote:Serious question: is everyone having fun?

If you're not having fun, let's talk about it and figure out how to make this fun. I think Micc left because he wasn't having fun, and that sucks. :(
-Cerb
I feel like I'm having fun
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm having fun.
That said, large games can be a huge undertaking and this one already has 100+ pages, so just keeping up with all of it on top of the mechanics I tend to put into a game can be overwhelming.
I want you all to know that I appreciate your dedication to the game. I know staying up to date with a game like this one can be difficult, so thanks for sticking with it.
Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

This is why I am taking a step back tbh.

~B

aka beeboy and MariaR
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 2541, Reasonably Rational wrote:Serious question: is everyone having fun?

-Cerb
I am having so much fun. This is the most exciting game I have ever played on this site, thanks to Varsoon and Titus.

However, Day 1 is getting boring. But this is not Varsoon's fault, it is RR's fault for extending the day and increasing the scale of town apathy.

~Kiana
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

Trying asking if there are roles that can give mana to other players. Sounds easy enough.

How about giving cards? That sounds fun too.

What about hand nukes. Are they available in the game?

Your role since it doesn't apply to alignments is only a rather buffed Rolecop ability.

~Kiana
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

In post 2520, Purple Heart wrote:UNVOTE:

I want to see
Micc's
replacement post if he truly can't contribute to the game anymore.

Not all of this is in order, but most of it.
Though, Top 3 reads are the only reads I can say I'm pretty confident in and they're town. So yay.

Also, I haven't done in depth ISOs yet, and I'm scared too because there's just so much filler in this game and multiple players with over 200 posts... So some of these reads are based a bit off gut.

Readslist

Spoiler: Town
Town

Reasonably Rational
- I've been waffling on
Cerb
for a while, because we have similar mindsets but different approaches to this game and playstyle is NAI. However, such a detailed and investigative claim like in would've never benefited scum. Coupled with which I really liked, makes this a solid townread. Widely-agreed reads often skew perception in the game, and scum wouldn't try and take away from townreads. Also, their reasons for prolonging the day makes sense here, since it aligns perfectly with giving information to them, where they can rely it to the town.

Skybird
- I'll still need to ISO more, but nothing particularly strikes me as off. I've already stated this before, but her outing the neighborhood with
Iconeum
and
Shining Dreamers
screams town to me.
If she were scum and those were her buddies;
then outing her team would be playing directly against her wincon.
If she were scum that was apart of that hood,
then outing would've done nothing but shift more focus onto her, plus, assuming scum have daytalk; she'd probably have told them privately.
She willfully noted interactions and potential associations for later review while stating her opinion of those she was hooded with.

OnTheMark
- Most of his game has been overanalyzing mostly common knowledge facts or new ideas. His game-solving mode and sense of genuine feeling I get from his posts make him a stronger townread. Still, I don't want to sort him out D1. He appears to play the game by thinking up many theories, and I cannot see scum falsely fabricating them.

Almost50
and - while those full readslists aren't much explained, skimming and rereading a bit of Almost50's post strike me as though he's hunting and gauging for information. That's more than what I can say with the majority of the playerlist.
Almost50
; what do you think about
Skybird
outing the hood, and the
Shining Dreamers
wagon?

Bronya Zaychik
- They've been consistently trying to keep town on the same page, expressing their reads and thoughts on wagons. While I'm going to read them a bit more in depth later, my gut tells me they are genuine, and I haven't seen something that tells me otherwise. and are some examples here.

Maid Cafe
- Is there a post or discussion point where one of them hasn't placed their thought or questioned something? Very vocal. Points out inconsistencies in others' reasoning and has been straightforward with their reads and opinions.

Chara
- Honestly, part of me still townreads
Chara's
fakeclaim in . I don't see scum claiming Miller and thinking that's ever a good idea... I've been Miller once, and the amount of times I was wagoned, scumread, and discredited was unbelievable... That slot was mislynched in that game, after I replaced out because of life stuff.
However,
Chara
will have to link me all his town games before I believe the fact he's never been mislynched.
I don't know what to feel about him retracting because of scumreads, but my gut tells me this can come from town as well.
((His posts Page 99-100))

...I've been mislynched. A lot. Specifically in Mylo/Lylo. So I relate his pushback and confusion to the reads. If this was some form of scum AtE trick, it's working. Right now, I'm not interested in pushing
Chara
much.

Spoiler: Neutral
Neutral

Gamma Emerald
- Wishy-washy here. Nothing has struck out to me as fully towny or scummy, and my read here is not very confident. Though, he's the most town-esque nullread, I think. He's engaged with me more than the others in this category.

Creature
- He's been meta-read this whole game and after some thought, it's annoying AF. Literally, I've never played with half of you people before; if you come at me with a meta-read argument, good luck convincing me. :igmeou:

Just like what I've seen him in other games, he just posts one-liners and multiple posts at once. If someone wants to tell me how his activity is AI, then
LINK GAMES
. So far, he's null.

Snarky Snowman
- Who? I'm waiting for him to get caught up.

Iconeum
- Partially waiting for more content by
Skybird
and
Shining Dreamers
to help me see his POV in this game. I think he's been making some pushes, and I don't quite get the suspicion on him? I want someone to elaborate their reads on him more. Aside from this, I haven't seen much to indicate much town or scum motivation.

Venmar
- He's pushing for progression, but he hasn't really done much of any push himself or showed a lot of independent reasoning. I'm going to ISO him soon.

Spoiler: Scum
Scum

Dunnstral
- 12 posts in 100 pages. His ISO is dull. He's been here since the beginning of the game though, to my understanding.
1)
What is your reads?
2)
Are you fully caught up?
3)
Thoughts on wagons at the moment?

Baku and Munna
- Townlean because of shitposting? .__. I don't like that this slot is painting game stuff as OMGUS. - Hasn't given much content or reasons for their thoughts. This is not a confident read, though.

Micc
- ISO
Alisae's
individual posting and this hydra's. If you want a further elaboration, then ask. However, I want to see where people are townreading him.

Shining Dreamers
- ISO
Alisae's
individual posting and this hydra's. If you want further elaboration, then ask. I want to see people's grievances with the wagon here, though.

:igmeou: I dislike having weak general scumreads, this readslist is liable to change very soon, but my most reasoned-for reads are my most confident.

~ Taly
This is a good readwall. This is what we wanted Mathblade to do but it seems it is too hard for him or something.

Unfortunately Purple Heart can't get even townier than this. The towny get townier and the scummy get scummier I guess.

PS: Bronya can code anything. Bronya is robot master.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”