Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Mizzy »

Ripley:
Firstly, do you always over-react so much? Secondly, to be 100% accurate, I was addressing Near and Niv with the "you guys." Mostly their posts 486 and 487.

When I replaced in, I made the mod aware that I am due to have a baby IRL very, very soon and that my contribution may not be up to snuff until after my return from the hospital. So, you can deal with what I can offer the game, or you can...actually, all you can really do is deal with it.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm still very much opposed to a Near lynch. Though in other news, I'm about to grow verrry suspicious of those still not voting. The fact that there are so many makes me think we may have it narrowed down to a scum and a non-scum and some teammates are waiting to see what happens.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Incognito »

Dammit. I'm due for a prod soon. More content later.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Incognito »

Upon a quick reread, Lowell, I believe you missed a question of mine:
Incognito, in post 466, wrote:Can you elaborate on why Niv is more deserving of your vote than Imat at this point?
Mizzy, I know you're pregnant and due soon, but do you think you'll have a game summary for us sometime soon? Deadline's on the 11th, and I'd like to wrap up my final thoughts after receiving some input from you.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 am

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Near (4)
- Y, Imat, gorckat, Niv
Niv (3)
- Near, jerrubaal, Lowell

Not Voting (4) - Ripley, Incognito, Mizzy, XReyoX

Six
votes makes a lynch.

Imat has been prodded.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Mizzy »

Incognito wrote:Mizzy, I know you're pregnant and due soon, but do you think you'll have a game summary for us sometime soon? Deadline's on the 11th, and I'd like to wrap up my final thoughts after receiving some input from you.
Well, honestly, it seems like it's coming down to whether we lynch Niv or Near. It doesn't matter much, or doesn't seem to, if I think someone else should be lynched, because the vote would pretty much be wasted.

I'm on leave now, but getting my major doctor appointments out of the way, so in a day or so, I'll be able to really hash out how I feel and why, but for now, suffice it to say that I am not fully comfortable with either a Near or Niv lynch. Which is why I haven't voted yet.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:04 am

Post by gorckat »

Your vote on a third person will be no more "wasted" than not using it at all.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Ripley »

Lowell wrote:I'm still very much opposed to a Near lynch. Though in other news, I'm about to grow verrry suspicious of those still not voting.
I've made it crystal clear that I will be voting Niv unless he pulls something pretty impressive out of the bag and that the only reason I haven't voted already was Sammich getting replaced. I thought the case against Sammich was one of the strongest Day 1 cases I've seen in a good while. I too am very much opposed to a Near lynch. Since nothing new has been added and it appears destined to be a straight two-horse race, my vote for Niv is actually at this stage almost certain whatever he does, but nonetheless I said I'd give him a chance to put a case and reconstruct at least some arguments from his lost massive post.

(Not that I agree with your conclusion about scum being the last to vote, which would leave them increasingly under the spotlight as deadline approaches, and in the position of having to place high-profile and quite likely decisive votes. In my experience scum go out of their way to
avoid
that kind of situation.)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Lowell »

Incognito wrote:Upon a quick reread, Lowell, I believe you missed a question of mine:
Incognito, in post 466, wrote:Can you elaborate on why Niv is more deserving of your vote than Imat at this point?
Mizzy, I know you're pregnant and due soon, but do you think you'll have a game summary for us sometime soon? Deadline's on the 11th, and I'd like to wrap up my final thoughts after receiving some input from you.
They're both votable. But the Imat wagon doesn't seem to be taking off at the moment.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Y »

Lowell wrote:They're both votable. But the Imat wagon doesn't seem to be taking off at the moment.
"I don't care who I'm killing, but Near seems easier".
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Y wrote:
Lowell wrote:They're both votable. But the Imat wagon doesn't seem to be taking off at the moment.
"I don't care who I'm killing, but Near seems easier".
Well, I think you mean Niv, not Near, but yes, I get the joke.

So, you're saying no one should vote for anyone other than their first choice... ever? I think I explained my reasoning pretty clearly.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Imat »

Actually, Lowell, you didn't. You say myself and Niv are "Totally votable," yet you can't or at least have failed to mention why that is. I've seen very little in the way of Content from you. You come out with a mystical pairing read right off the bat and now you point at two other people with the same lack of evidence you've shown in the past. So why do you expect there to be an Imat wagon at all? If you have some strong evidence that can point to Any of your top suspects, we'd love to hear it. So far we've seen much of nothing, and that is not Hunting, thats throwing your vote around.

So, in case you've missed it every time, do you have any kind of evidence to back up Any of your suspicions? Any at all? If not, why do you keep accusing people?
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Lowell »

Imat wrote:Actually, Lowell, you didn't. You say myself and Niv are "Totally votable," yet you can't or at least have failed to mention why that is. I've seen very little in the way of Content from you. You come out with a mystical pairing read right off the bat and now you point at two other people with the same lack of evidence you've shown in the past. So why do you expect there to be an Imat wagon at all? If you have some strong evidence that can point to Any of your top suspects, we'd love to hear it. So far we've seen much of nothing, and that is not Hunting, thats throwing your vote around.

So, in case you've missed it every time, do you have any kind of evidence to back up Any of your suspicions? Any at all? If not, why do you keep accusing people?
I don't "expect" there to be any wagon. I explained why I think you're scum and why I think Niv is scum. Why do I care if people agree with one and not the other? If all you're saying is "your reasons aren't that good and I dont' agree with them" then, uh, don't vote for yourself, I guess.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Ripley »

Things seem to have slowed down and there's been nothing more from Niv, so I'm going to go ahead and

Vote: Niv

It's based on Sammich's play, though Niv hasn't really made much of an effort with the role, and even though he was put into a very difficult stuation, had he been town I think he might have tried harder.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Niv, if you're still around, I've got a question for you. You came into the game in a bit of a tight spot as suspicions began circling around Sammich's play. Obviously you can't respond on behalf of Sammich since you're not him but you've mentioned that you had player summaries typed up but somehow they got deleted when you tried to submit them to the site. Instead of making an attempt to retype them or maybe shortening the summaries to allow us to know your feelings about the game, you put together one post to vote for Near. My problem is as follows: The Near wagon was the largest wagon at the time and since you didn't really provide any other reads on anyone else, it looks like you've slid your vote onto a wagon of convenience under the guise that MS somehow "ate" your post that had your summaries. Can you please make an effort to somehow reprovide these summaries or at least a shortened version so we could understand where your suspicions lie? It looks really shady to me for you to pop into the game and slide onto the largest wagon without saying anything about anyone else.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 am

Post by jerubbaal »

Ripley wrote:It's based on Sammich's play, though Niv hasn't really made much of an effort with the role, and even though he was put into a very difficult stuation, had he been town I think he might have tried harder.
QFT

Let's get this ball rolling. Maybe we can actually get a response if we dump on some pressure. Niv's play is increasing my conviction about Sammich.
<><
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Imat »

Lowell, what I'm saying is that you have no reasons at all. Its hard to form an opinion on reasons which don't exist. If you can quote where your reasoning comes from, I'll back down. But so far you've given me no reason to do so.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Lowell »

>>>Imat. Posts 285 and 340 seem off, for different reasons. I can very much envision the sammich as town, Imat as scum relationship between the two, based on how he has defended sammich during his many troubles. His post 340 seems fine in isolation, but strikes me as not to be taken on its surface (he had previously suspected Near for other reasons). I do, however, like his early behavior, particularly towards MP. <<<

That's what I wrote, regarding you. So that's my reason. Again, if your point is "your reason isn't very good", then fine.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by destructor »

Near has been prodded
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by Y »

Ooba, you replaced in four days ago. What are your thoughts?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:58 am

Post by ooba »

Y wrote:Ooba, you replaced in four days ago. What are your thoughts?
I re-read the game before i replaced in. I agree that Niv (Sammich) is the best play for today . My predecessor's Post 440 sums up the case very well against Niv.

Vote : Niv

That's
L-1

I do not totally agree with giving Mizzy a free pass just cause of Mafiaplayer's Townsperson confirmation way back in the first few pages , so wanted to know what she felt.
jerubbaal
jerubbaal
Goon
jerubbaal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:49 am

Post by jerubbaal »

If Mizzy is MP, then she's pretty much clear. I think she's acted very within the bounds of normal townie behavior today as well, so she's probably the bottom of my list ATM.

I think we should give Niv a couple days to respond, but if he doesn't soon, just lynch him and we can get on with it.
<><
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Mizzy »

ooba wrote:I do not totally agree with giving Mizzy a free pass just cause of Mafiaplayer's Townsperson confirmation way back in the first few pages , so wanted to know what she felt.
You could have just
asked
me, you know.

Warning, you are about to be textwalled.

I really don't like his vote of yours, ooba, and I don't like that you have given so little content before voting, just utilizing your predecessor's words as given without adding anything to them. I may not have done such a good job so far, but at least I haven't put anyone at -1L while using someone else's post as justification. Let me go through the points of that post and say why I don't like the case:
XReyoX wrote:He voted himself, twice. The first one, I take it as a joke vote, regardless of whether he has rolled his dice or not. He might have lie, which I believe so, but that is not the point. His self-vote at the beginning shows nothing. His second vote #200 is an appeal to pity. Non-productive. Not a major scumtell but I can see that as something that is only-beneficial to the scums.
Firstly, I hate all the talk about "lying about a dice roll." Who cares? Townies lie all the time, just as much as scum do. I think the question as to whether or not he did roll the dice is a mechanism for an opportunistic wagon.

Secondly, his second self-vote I don't feel is an appeal to pity but a sarcastic gesture meant to point out the foolishness in XReyoX's worrying about whether or not he ACTUALLY rolled the dice.

Self-voting is NOT just something that benefits scum, but can serve as a sarcastic and sometimes drastic means of daring others to vote for them too, which townies are shown to do when under pressure sometimes. It's a null-tell, at best.
XReyoX wrote:This is the only view on other people amongst all his posts. He is even wishy washying his FoS. I feel that it can be flipped both ways depending on how it goes.
I think we can all agree, at this point, that Sammich was not the best player in the game. I can understand wanting him to give more scumhunting content, but the lack of scumhunting is not always a scumtell.
XReyoX wrote:Firstly, he couldn’t have been called a townie in his role pm. Secondly, it wasn’t the right time. Thridly, he hasn’t got a right reason to do so, imo. He can believe Mafiaplayer is a townie for many other reasons, but “because he is a townie too” seems weird. And claiming at that point can only cause damage to the town. Saying he has deleted his PM, thus not getting the rolename right, seems very convenient as ripley has pointed out, plus he can remember when he did it as well.
Firstly, the use of semantics-bending here bothers me. Okay, so, Sammich said he got called a townie. So? He wasn't a total noob, so one
could
assume that he understood that the role "Townsperson" = townie. I don't see how his lack of calling it "Townsperson" helps the case against him.

As for right time, I can kind of see that argument, I suppose, except it doesn't really help or hurt the case against him one way or the other, as I see it. People post late all time time, whether from having missed posts or having been sidetracked, or whatever. Timing in these games is seldom everything.

As for the stupid, bullshit claims going on, I agree. They don't help town, and in fact, they HURT town, because it narrows down NK choices for the scum. I don't, however, see how claiming makes anyone scummy. We all hint, at the very least, at our alignment, and while if I had been here, I'd have jumped down his throat for claiming at all, I'd have done it as a teaching tool, not as an accusatory statement.

I don't delete my role PMs until the games are over, so I can't speak on that, but I know a LOT of people delete their role PMs. Okay, so it was "convenient" but still...it's an unprovable, circumstantial case-point at best.
XReyoX wrote:It wasn’t impossible, but is very highly unlikely. The list is disjointed. He remembered what he has rolled, who was on which dice, which side the coin came up with. Every single step, every single detail was described, like a cam recorder was there. Provided that it was 11 days after the event, I think it is unlikely. I believe he is using misleading vividness to convince us that he rolled the dice as I’ve pointed out before. While on the same posts with his diceroll, he said “Believe this story or not, there's not enough proof I rigged it.”, he is using both burden of proof and negative proof in the same sentence to persuade us. The next, he said “Anybody can simply go offline and fabricate a story like this but who would really vote for themselves anyway?”. To me, he is using appeal to ridicule to further reinforce his case.
#203“If its a joke vote, admit that it's a joke vote. Don't try do make something up later on in the game so that you seem innocent…” I asked. “Fine it was a joke vote.” Sammich answered. This post, to me, looks like he has given up his story and admitted that he was making things up. If he, indeed, rolled the dice, it is more natural for him to stand by his story and said it was a dicevote. Imat think that this post is a joke itself. I’ll discuss below.
Oh for heaven's sake, not THIS again. So what if he maybe (unprovably) lied about a friggin dice roll? The fact that this keeps coming up makes me want to chew nails. It's an EXCUSE to put suspicion on someone. Use evidence that can be proven to make your cases, folks, not some bullshit assumptions and anal nit-picking. My random votes in the random stage aren't purely random; of course not. But as for having all the tools around and ready for a random IRL roll? I have a bowl of dice on my desk and a stack of assorted coins. I also have several versions of the list of players at my handy one-click disposal in the form of vote counts, player listings, etc. So yes, it is possible he could have done it randomly, but even if he didn't, who cares?
XReyoX wrote:There is no doubt Sammich was evading questions, not only mine, but many else as well. Other than the description of his diceroll, everything else was not clear. An example would be his claim for his vote being a jokevote. Most people didn’t pick up the exact meaning of his post, thus causing again a lot of confusion. After people had started questioning him about his vote again (which is an indication of our uncertainty), it seems to me that he decided to stick with his story again. This is what I feel.
He did not answer the questions addressed to him properly. And no, “Yes, yes, no, short term memory, facepalm” are not satisfactory answers to me. Refusing to answer questions openly is not something I’d considered protown either. ->Near, “Why the heck isn't Sammich answering my questions? Why is he not answering anyone else's questions?”. Sammich, “Maybe because I have other things to do than sit at the computer and speculate about some user rolling a dice?”
Question evasion is something that does bother me, but I can also tell from Sammich's posting that he wasn't really paying all that much attention. I can see this as a case-point against him, but not a huge one, because he wasn't, well, all there? I was hoping we would see better from his replacement, but we really haven't. I don't think that's necessarily indicative of scum, though, because it could be indicative of feeling like you're fighting a losing battle, regardless of what side you are on. I don't like his answers either, but again, townies can be just as stupid in that respect as scum are.
XReyoX wrote:This, I believe, is the main reason I’m suspecting sammich at the moment. Firstly, I’ve never played in a game with a night start before and I don’t see how it is different from other games with a day start. I fail to see why sammich is so excited or overwhelmed by this.
It's actually very different, because those who have night actions often times (but not ALL the time) get to use them. Forgive me for this, I'm not a fan of bringing up power roles but I think it needs to be said...An eagerness to get to night or to start in night is not always a scumtell and can sometimes be a power role-tell. For that reason, lynching someone who has shown a harmless eagerness for night phase is not always a good idea until you have a clear picture of who they might be buddied with if scum, and if you are sure they are not or cannot be a power role. If you don't believe that he is a vanilla townie, you must also consider that he is pro-town, regardless. Just a small point to keep in mind for later.
XReyoX wrote:Avoiding his questions, not contributing, potential lying, the night start comment, roleclaiming and vouching for mafiaplayer, etc…I mean, if he is a target of the scum, he would have been lynched by now I believe. Two votes were what he had got once. I just don’t feel right about this. Perhaps everyone can see through this better than I do. Perhaps I’m too focused and taking those posts the wrong way. There seems to be some apparent reasons I’m missing.
Well, firstly, only one of the list he gives here is an actual case-point and the rest is all circumstantial. I'm just not comfortable with how easily this whole thing ramped up on him, and I am NOT happy that Niv has not done a better job at being a replacement for him. I know Niv can't answer for Sammich, but he could have tried harder.

Conclusion:

I could easily be wrong about Sammich, but he comes off as VI more than scum to me from his posting. If he comes up scum, awesome, I was terribly wrong about him...but if he comes up town, I HIGHLY suggest we look at XReyoX and his replacement come D2.

I just wanted you all to know why I don't like the Sammich wagon. I don't like cases that feel empty to me. Granted, I read everything after it had happened, but still...I just don't feel comfortable with the lynch. There are a couple points that I can agree with on it, but on the whole, I just don't think there's enough for a full out lynch.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:49 am

Post by Lowell »

Wont' be able to post for a couple days. Don't replace me~!
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Y »

Lowell wrote:Wont' be able to post for a couple days. Don't replace me~!
Even when you can you don't really post, so what's the difference?

I completely agree with Mizzy. I think she managed to say what I've been trying to in a much better way than me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”