Micro 794: Miss List II (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Aaaaaaagh hate phone posting. Lost my fucking post.
Went something like this:

@magna - you seemed to do a lot of promising right from the get go like "hi guys my meta is like this you will soon see". Seemed kinda LAMIST.

Your question to NM pinged me as odd. You claim to have played with creature too and he is known to lurk as I've recently been told so why did you ask NM onlu? It also felt like you putting the idea of an NM lynch out there without actually calling him scummy.

You misinterpret my questioning of dino. I'm not actually sold on the associative. But I got that he scumreads you and thinks you're bussing so ai questioned why he'd lynch a nullread to test the associative instead of a scumread to test the associative.
This was before he explained the the scumread is closely tied to this bussing idea and that he thinks if NM flips town it soft clears you. Apart from calling you scummier I was keeping my opinion to myself until I fully understood his thought process.

is scummy to me.
@NM - Why chick and implosion?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 39, Mathdino wrote:in that i prefer to have a hypothetical town-Magna around than a hypothetical town-Not_Mafia?
^This is a good way of looking at it. I'm still not entertaining the idea of a NM policy atm.
In post 52, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Can you elaborate on this? Given Math’s narrative is all over the place I really would like to know what gives you good feelings. I have some ideas what it might be but would like to hear firsthand.
What you're quoting is on page one. I know we're not too far into the game, but I think it's fair to say a lot has happened since then.

I do still have overall good feelings about Math. I think he's showing good effort at putting thought behind his posts to figure out the game. But I'm also suspicious that he's trying too hard too early.

I actually don't think his narrative is all over the place though. He's been pretty consistent with what he's said.
In post 67, Mathdino wrote:OH I FIGURED OUR WHAT I'M SEEING

The thing magna is accusing me of is literally the exact same thing I have been accusing him of

A hamfisted attempt to bus Not_Mafia

Scum would be aware of that i think

So yes, regrettably magna is town
While I don't disagree with the conclusion, I think the logic to get there is odd. Scum could hide in plain sight by just stating logic they're using.
In post 89, Creature wrote:Isn't Heath gonna be replaced?
?? Do you know something we don't?
Did I miss something?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:05 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Chicka I very much disagree his narrative was consistent. Read page 1 again with critical eye -

- NotMafia and I are partners.
- NotMafia being lynched means I should sacrifice.
- We are partners again.

Granted there is to be expected some early game hyperbole but that is two diametrically opposed stances in 8 posts. Keep in mind the only way I could sacrifice is if I am Town. So 15 shows he clearly either doesn’t think I was really scum and had an agenda or that he was not logically thinking in his stances.

Why do you think he is so willing to defend you so strongly in the early game?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:16 am

BuJ - my issues with NotMafia is not lurking but proficiency aka not being a content-less waste of a slot with empty posting. Why did you assume it had to do with lurking?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:29 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 103, MagnaofIllusion wrote:BuJ - my issues with NotMafia is not lurking but proficiency aka not being a content-less waste of a slot with empty posting. Why did you assume it had to do with lurking?

Ah sorry then my definition of lurking is somewhat wide. Empty posts mean not active participation so it's prettt much the same.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 am

So I’ve been mulling it over and I think the pool I want to explore is Math / Creature / NotMafia.

The more I process the awkwardness of Math’s push to link NotMafia to me as buddies followed by his now Townreading NM and wanting to wagon a player with no posts over players he finds more suspect the more I think he needs a vote.

Creature pretty much is playing the “look how casual I am about being useless Town read me” card.

Not Mafia for a couple of reasons I’m not going to expound upon right yet.

VOTE: Math is where it starts for me.

Need more content from Chick, Implosion and a Buj to really start sorting them.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Something_Smart »

VC 1.2
HeathCliFF3 (2)- Not_Mafia, Mathdino
Not_Mafia (1)- implosion
Chickadee (1)- CultOfAthena
MagnaofIllusion (1)- BuJaber
Mathdino (1)- MagnaofIllusion

Not voting (3)- Creature, Chickadee, HeathCliFF3

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

(expired on 2018-04-05 13:00:00)

Mod notes: Seeking replacement for HeathCliFF3.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 102, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Chicka I very much disagree his narrative was consistent. Read page 1 again with critical eye -

- NotMafia and I are partners.
- NotMafia being lynched means I should sacrifice.
- We are partners again.

Granted there is to be expected some early game hyperbole but that is two diametrically opposed stances in 8 posts. Keep in mind the only way I could sacrifice is if I am Town. So 15 shows he clearly either doesn’t think I was really scum and had an agenda or that he was not logically thinking in his stances.

Why do you think he is so willing to defend you so strongly in the early game?
go read the setup thread again with a "critical eye"

i hang around in open setup discussion, i helped clear this

the game was half-broken before by lynching scum, then forcing the scummiest player to sacrifice

if they were still alive the next day, it confirmed them as scum

when i said "magna should sacrifice" that literally means "magna is the scummiest person by far if N_M flips scum, and should sacrifice to prove he's not scum"

i legitimately can't believe you manage to actually play town by scumslip hunting
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 am

If you think looking for Cognitive Dissonance in posting is not a good way to find scum I can’t help you Math.

And tip - if you want people to care about your breaking strategy you created maybe link to it in the future instead of believing most players follow you like MS is Instagram or Snapchat or whatever social media platform you favor.

I’m still curious why you think the best place for your vote is a slot with no posts which may well get replaced. Because you aren’t getting any readable content from an empty slot with that “pressure”.

Also I can safely assume you will volunteer to sacrifice tonight if scum is lynched?

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Mathdino »

why would i sacrifice myself just because you don't like how i play

i don't use instagram or snapchat

not only do the cogdiss tells not apply here, they literally stopped being useful in 2008; i dare you to show evidence that they're better than random at finding scum in 2017/18

regardless, i think Not_Mafia is town, and i think you're town, and i don't know if cult is town, so i'm putting myself on a town-motivated PoE wagon
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Mathdino »

like i feel like it's pretty obvious that when i request a player to sacrifice themselves under a hypothetical scenario, i'm reading them as scum in that scenario

i'm not asking you to sacrifice just because i'm being a dick, i, at the time, thought you and N_M were scum together

i am actually incredulous that you from your POV on the game think i'm a better sacrifice than Not_Mafia and Creature, both of whom you've shit on for being useless
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Something_Smart »

PantherPunt replaces HeathCliFF3!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

Post by implosion »

Hot take.

VOTE: Chickadee
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:37 am

Post by PantherPunt »

Ego

Happy to get that town pm and kinda wanna get a chance at some point to shoot but I guess we should try to lynch mafia. Setup hottake is that the setup rewards bussing so it's not even really mafia, exactly, to me

Anyways will read thread in the next day and offer some alignment thoughts
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Mathdino »

hey panther can you do me a favour and list the last 5 or so games you replaced into

don't have to link them all, i can do the rest
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:00 am

Post by Chickadee »

Math - I'm curious why you keep writing me off as lynch bait.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:00 am

In post 109, Mathdino wrote:why would i sacrifice myself just because you don't like how i play
Not sure why you are trying to shape that as my point – if I was going to target someone as auto-sacrifice for playstyle it would clearly be NotMafia. My point is you said the scummiest player should sacrifice. Currently you are highest on my radar thus testing your resolve on your plan.
In post 109, Mathdino wrote:not only do the cogdiss tells not apply here, they literally stopped being useful in 2008; i dare you to show evidence that they're better than random at finding scum in 2017/18
I think you put way too much stock that the “game has changed” if you are posting fluff like this.
In post 110, Mathdino wrote:like i feel like it's pretty obvious that when i request a player to sacrifice themselves under a hypothetical scenario, i'm reading them as scum in that scenario

i'm not asking you to sacrifice just because i'm being a dick, i, at the time, thought you and N_M were scum together

i am actually incredulous that you from your POV on the game think i'm a better sacrifice than Not_Mafia and Creature, both of whom you've shit on for being useless
Are you angling for some sort of Town read for hypocrisy here? Because there is delightful levels of irony in you thinking that my question was any different than your directive in saying “Hey … I think you are the scummiest player so be prepared to make the sacrifice tonight”.

You seem a bit too worked up over a single vote and some questioning here Math. Are you prone to over-emotive outbursts?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:11 am

In post 112, implosion wrote:Hot take.

Why don't you elaborate a bit.

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 115, Chickadee wrote:Math - I'm curious why you keep writing me off as lynch bait.
because the last time people scumread you over your weirdly ingenuine sounding tone, you were quicklynched on page 4

i'm very careful with players i've seen easily D1 mislynched before
In post 116, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 109, Mathdino wrote:why would i sacrifice myself just because you don't like how i play
Not sure why you are trying to shape that as my point – if I was going to target someone as auto-sacrifice for playstyle it would clearly be NotMafia. My point is you said the scummiest player should sacrifice. Currently you are highest on my radar thus testing your resolve on your plan.
your reasons for asking me to sacrifice were unclear
i would sacrifice if a sufficient number of players required me to
as in, i wouldn't sacrifice if i just thought the entire scumteam and one townie wanted me to, but i would if it seemed like the entire town was gonna lynch me tomorrow
In post 109, Mathdino wrote:not only do the cogdiss tells not apply here, they literally stopped being useful in 2008; i dare you to show evidence that they're better than random at finding scum in 2017/18
I think you put way too much stock that the “game has changed” if you are posting fluff like this.
i think you need to back up your scumtells
it's really annoying when people come in with really old tells that straight up don't work
and calling mafia theory "fluff" when i've clearly been active in posting game relevant content
just stop
In post 110, Mathdino wrote:like i feel like it's pretty obvious that when i request a player to sacrifice themselves under a hypothetical scenario, i'm reading them as scum in that scenario

Are you angling for some sort of Town read for hypocrisy here? Because there is delightful levels of irony in you thinking that my question was any different than your directive in saying “Hey … I think you are the scummiest player so be prepared to make the sacrifice tonight”.
when did i ever ask you directly to sacrifice
there's a difference between saying "hey guys i think math should sacrifice on N_M scumflip" and seeing who agrees (as i was doing)
and saying "hey do you wanna sacrifice when N_M flips scum?"
like obviously i'm gonna say no if it's literally just you asking me to do that
In post 116, MagnaofIllusion wrote:You seem a bit too worked up over a single vote and some questioning here Math. Are you prone to over-emotive outbursts?
screw you
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Is MoI a Thor alt?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 am

Post by Mathdino »

i doubt it
thor had more respect for me even when i did an insane fakeclaim gambit as town
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:21 am

In post 119, Not_Mafia wrote:Is MoI a Thor alt?
Lol. The number of games Thor and I have played together says "Nope".

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 118, Mathdino wrote:because the last time people scumread you over your weirdly ingenuine sounding tone, you were quicklynched on page 4

i'm very careful with players i've seen easily D1 mislynched before
Ahahaha

You say it like it wasn't scum!you that hammered me on page 4 :lol:

I figured this was going to be your response. I mainly asked because Magna seemed curious why I wasn't questioning your "defense" of me.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 am

Post by implosion »

In post 117, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 112, implosion wrote:Hot take.

Why don't you elaborate a bit.
Cult is likely town, and has vote parked chickadee for a while, yet no one has jumped on despite her not really looking especially town. I'm not entirely sure how this plays into this setup with likelihood of scum bussing or not, but I also now quite dislike that she ignored my vote which I think was the kind of vote town will usually be really irritated by.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 am

Post by implosion »

I am sort of wavering on how much I think I can read math. There is a very good chance I think I can read him better than I actually can.
Mathdino wrote:hey panther can you do me a favour and list the last 5 or so games you replaced into

don't have to link them all, i can do the rest
This feels like a "hey look at me, i'm engaging with people and forming reads" question.

Do you have past history with him that's making you assume he has replaced in to so many games in the past? What are you intending to do that is worth the effort of looking at these games, but not worth the effort of finding them yourself?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”