Micro 794: Miss List II (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 221, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So is the point here you are more worried about not being perceived as playing to your scum meta?
Your game would be a lot easier if you actually fucking addressed my points instead of doing the asshole move of "OH I SEE SO EVERY POST YOU MAKE IS SCUM MOTIVATED"

You're ruining your own d1 by playing like this
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Creature is almost literally confirmed scum, keep him around
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 187, CultOfAthena wrote:On an unrelated note, I've been thinking about it, and I think the best play is to always have two people who we think are either the scummiest or who we think are scum together be the ones to sacrifice. If they're both scum, neither will be able to sacrifice and we'll essentially have two guilties, and in the other situations (one town and one scum or two town), I don't think we're any worse off than if just one person was set to sacrifice.
As a theory this works fine as long as we can get consensus enough to get the selected two to pull the trigger.
In post 194, CultOfAthena wrote:I think this is a dangerous line of thinking to go down. Both Math and Chickadee herself have framed Chickadee as being lynchbait in response to my thinking she's scum, but I think a question that Chickadee has let go unanswered is a pretty important response to that idea:
FYI having done a quick game history dive on Chicka I’m just letting you know I acknowledge this point and am rethinking my earlier “Both can’t be partners” stance.

--
In post 192, Mathdino wrote:Not all mods put the name of the user that filled the slot. Some games have replacement queues. I've filled slots before they go up on replacement requests.

Plus the question implicitly puts him under pressure and forces self-consciousness. Or, rather, it did before I got dogged for asking the question 3 times.
Frankly it puts him under no pressure at all. In his shoes regardless of alignment I’d link you to the “My Topics” link for me and say “Have at it champ”. Which is what I would have done instead of asking him to do it if I were you and really interested in the answer. Takes time and patience but is honest meta-diving.
In post 192, Mathdino wrote:Some tells are useless altogether. Some tells vary from player to player. I think this COULD be alignment indicative, but I'd need to see how he replaces into games in general. It was a one off question, not the basis of my entire scumhunting.
95-99% of what people consider “tells” are absolutely useless junk unless you are talking about VI level of play. And I don’t think Panther is a VI so, yeah, I find it a particularly useless exercise. I suspect you are going to find this a personal affront to your Mafia credibility but that’s where I stand.

--
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

MoI is definitely a Thor alt
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Christ am I gonna have to play dumb or scum with the entire town
I am actually ashamed that the only townread I have that has good reads is Not_Mafia

Thor is good at scumhunting and has better than random reads
This is not thor
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:28 pm

In post 208, Mathdino wrote:Here's an example. If you lynch me, I will shoot Creature if and only if I see {Cult, Chick} and one of Bujaber/implosion.

If Creature dies in the morning, you know that Cult/Chick must contain scum. If one of them is town, you know Bujaber/implosion must contain scum.

If Creature DOESN'T die in the morning, you know that I did NOT see Cult/Chick/Buplosion, meaning that group must contain at least 2 town. This makes it optimal to lynch outside of that group, and force scummy people inside that group to sacrifice.
Hey I’m on board with this plan as long as the lynched player is not the one to determine the list.

I’d say lynch either Math or Chicka at this stage then and suggest the list of four be Creature – Not Mafia – Buj – Math / Chicka (whoever we don’t lynch).

That list clears up two of three of my most likely suspects if Creature doesn’t die.
In post 224, Mathdino wrote:e's terrible as vig, and doesn't really give a shit as town in my experience. My point is I don't think you really have the ability to read Not_Mafia
To put it delicately as I can regarding my thoughts on your opinion –

In post 225, Mathdino wrote:Your game would be a lot easier if you actually fucking addressed my points instead of doing the asshole move of "OH I SEE SO EVERY POST YOU MAKE IS SCUM MOTIVATED"
Listen I understand that you think you are the next big thing Math. I’ve seen at least 15 of you before over the years. I address posts as they come through the page-count.

So probably best for you to realize everything isn’t about you and learn to exercise some patience.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 pm

VOTE: Math

Since this is in line with the plan I'm moving away from the magnet.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Maybe you two should stop interacting cos no one wants to read this
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by Mathdino »

My reads on a couple players in this game have been historically better than random
If my read on you is correct, I have one confirmed good read already
I'm telling you to stop doing the thing where that one player in every game I play is determined to quote every single post I make and tell me how it makes me scum
Cuz I've seen about 15 of you too
You're always town
And you're always dead wrong and fail to acknowledge it at the end
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 230, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey I’m on board with this plan as long as the lynched player is not the one to determine the list.
WHY WOULD YOU NOT LET THE SHOOTER DECIDE HOLY SHIT

The shooter has no reason to trust anyone but themselves given that a full half the game is scum

Dear God you're bad at opens my dude
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 230, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Creature – Not Mafia – Buj – Math / Chicka (whoever we don’t lynch).
This is absolutely ridiculous and if you think you can force me to go along with YOUR list after having reads so bad that I'm you're top scumread next to my top townread

Jesus fuck
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:34 pm

@Cult / Implosion
- Whenever you get back to the thread I'd love input on going with Math's plan and a lynch group of Chicka / Math with a list of Not Mafia / Creature / BuJ.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 232, Not_Mafia wrote:Maybe you two should stop interacting cos no one wants to read this
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Magna I'm straight up not following your plan if you lynch me, you can't make me do that
I already posted my own proposed team, if you don't like it, do something else

The only reason I'm not pushing to just policy lynch your ass is that I gain 0 information from me/Not_Mafia being confirmed as not the scumteam

God this setup is the most annoying shit
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Current team is Chick/implosion/Creature and then BuJaber or Heath btw
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I concurr
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: implosion
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Why not just resolve cult/chick right now?

I'd rather implosion be the d2 lynch given that I trust town him to setupbreak
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm pretty confident in Cult town
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I agree as of last page

But then why not trust her reads over taking down implosion
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think implosion is the most likely to win it for scum if he gets to endgame
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Scum is probably gonna start neverbussing pretty soon here considering how paranoid town is getting of bussing
Especially if daytalk or nights longer than a day

We're not more likely to be able pull a lynch on scum tomorrow

We'll still be in Lylo numbers
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Ebwop: less likely
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 229, Mathdino wrote:Christ am I gonna have to play dumb or scum with the entire town
I am actually ashamed that the only townread I have that has good reads is Not_Mafia

Thor is good at scumhunting and has better than random reads
This is not thor
Can you plainly and clearly go into those reads that you have? I can understand where you'd be coming from on MoI being town, but the rest not so much. Through some vague and mysterious process you arrived at NM being town and seem unwaveringly confident in that. I can't understand that, and it seems as if you expect me to, and I'm not sure why.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Will doing so actually help you determine my alignment?

Being able to write coherent paragraphs isn't AI for me lol

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”