Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:38 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 273, Christopher wrote:
In post 251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 248, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 242, CheekyTeeky wrote:NM is most likely town from meta
Can you go into detail
In his town meta he is a troll. He looks pretty trolly here.

How do you think his meta is his scum meta here?
Setting aside your meta (which doesn't help us much here, in this game), what is your read of NM?
I'm kind of annoyed that I keep getting asked this question. I think he's most likely town because of the wagon on him that's taken the focus of the game. I didn't see convincing arguments on why he's scum except from GL and even that is based on meta.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:41 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Christopher aside from NM who do you scum read if you had to choose right now? I'm taking myself off the table because I feel that's too safe an answer because I'm disagreeing with the majority of players.

Could you please explain how Rask is null to you?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:52 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 239, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Count

Not_Mafia - 3 - Raskolnikov, christopher, BuJaber
BuJaber - 2 - Iconeum, GreenLiquid
Raskolnikov - 2 - ZZZX, CheekyTeeky
Iconeum - 1 - Lovebird
Christopher - 1 - Not_Mafia

Not Voting - none.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is April 2 at 1pm EST
I'm also finding it pretty strange that GL is so convinced NM is scum but he's voting Bu.

GL can you please explain how Bu is a better wagon than NM for your vote to be on him prior to your intent to hammer?
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

In post 269, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 263, GreenLiquid wrote:Saying that Not_Mafia can't be read, like he's some kind of Mafia enigma, seems like nonsense in light of the above. If the games I looked at aren't representative, let me know, but besides that I don't see any reason not to suspect him right now.
Can we talk about other scum reads you have? How do you feel about Ico and Chris?
My other scum reads at this point are Lovebird and BuJaber.

Lovebird's extremely early townread pinged me, and she's been spending most of the day pecking at comments here and there without giving me any impression she's trying to sort anyone, or caring about answers to the questions she's asking. She was absent for a while, then when called out returned quickly with a vote on the strongest wagon at the time. I see more scum motivation for what she's been doing than town motivation.

For BuJaber: his interactions on page 7 with Christopher seem extremely fake to me and he hasn't given a good explanation. The way he scum reads Christopher for having a town lean on him, then accepts "he's posted pro-town content" as a good explanation and drops his read, doesn't make sense from a town perspective.

Iconeum is a town read for me, primarily because it seems like his pressure on BuJaber is motivated by trying to sort him and it seems like his reads are appropriately responding to what happens -- for instance, after we got clarification on BuJaber's pool logic, Iconeum accepted it and stopped pushing that piece. He doesn't seem like an especially strong game solver, but he does seem to be trying to reason through his reads at least.

Christopher has managed to avoid making much of an impression on me. After reading his ISO, I'm getting scum vibes: he's mainly been pushing Not_Mafia for not providing content (and not for any other reason as far as I can tell), and it seems like he locked in that read early and is just sitting on it with no further attempts to sort Not_Mafia. He also doesn't seem to be looking around at all for other scum reads. On the other hand, his interactions with BuJaber earlier were almost certainly not scum/scum play in my opinion. Probably one of the two of them are scum.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
GreenLiquid
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
GreenLiquid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:53 am

Post by GreenLiquid »

In post 277, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 239, Kmd4390 wrote:
Vote Count

Raskolnikov - 2 - ZZZX, CheekyTeeky
Iconeum - 1 - Lovebird
Christopher - 1 - Not_Mafia

Not Voting - none.

I'm also finding it pretty strange that GL is so convinced NM is scum but he's voting Bu.

GL can you please explain how Bu is a better wagon than NM for your vote to be on him prior to your intent to hammer?
I'm not convinced that Not_Mafia is scum, but it seems more likely than him being town, and the problem is that he apparently has no interest engaging with anyone or doing anything useful, so there's no way that read will change except through:

1. An associative case later in the game, and I don't see that happening without him flipping; or
2. A cop investigation. He would actually be a great target for a N2 cop investigation, but this assumes cop survives to D3 and doesn't have a different target in mind.

I prefer the BuJaber wagon because unlike Not_Mafia, he is actually engaging with my questions, and (perhaps this is why Not_Mafia's is the better strategy?) his responses give me decreasing confidence in his being town. I feel that my read on him has "settled" in a way that my read on Not_Mafia simply can't due to his unwillingness to engage.

@CheekyTeeky: what is your read on BuJaber? I think his is the only slot you didn't really give any clear comment on during your catch-up posts.
Avatar courtesy of Chickadee! | GTKAL
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 279, GreenLiquid wrote:@CheekyTeeky: what is your read on BuJaber? I think his is the only slot you didn't really give any clear comment on during your catch-up posts.
Ok first I'll say the rest of your post I haven't quoted is great posting and I agree with all your reads except I'm paranoid about Ico having pocketed you by applying secondary pressure to your reads like on Bu but I agree he is less suspect than Chris.

Now Bu I will have to look into deeper, I didn't see anything on my catch up that pinged me immediately and I'll admit I might've neglected to critically read his posts whilst distracted by an Ico/Chris possibility. I will say that it's pretty advanced play for scum to be discussing pair relationships like Bu has with Ico/Chris. I'm not familiar with Bu or his meta so not sure if that is outside of his scumrange?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Bu

- critically assesses Love in a towny way. I disagree with the logic but the intent is good. The only way I could see this being scummy is in a Bu/Love scum team.

Feels towny - I think scum are unlikely to explain themselves in such depth because they think it'll make them more suspicious. Lack of self-awareness that I think scum would show in a similar scenario.

Skimming the rest, he is defensive but it feels genuine and he's continually updating his reads whilst being pushed. I also love his game progressing tactics.

Unless Bu is some kind of scum genius I don't see him being scum here. I feel like GL may be in a bit of a biased tunnel with his initial impression of him.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Bu why NM?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Raskolnikov - 3 - ZZZX, CheekyTeeky, Not_Mafia
Iconeum - 1 - Lovebird

Not Voting - none.

KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Just skimmed Lovebird, I can def see why theyre pinging people but I don't see them being scum either. I liked them looking to sort players from the get go in RVS - the whole Rask did a towny thing which I think is actually scummy but they were looking for clues none-the-less.

Chris/Rask both look to be posturing in RVS. Can anyone else see it?
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 284, CheekyTeeky wrote:Just skimmed Lovebird, I can def see why theyre pinging people but I don't see them being scum either. I liked them looking to sort players from the get go in RVS - the whole Rask did a towny thing which I think is actually scummy but they were looking for clues none-the-less.

Explain? You think it was scummy?

I guess I don't really remember anything chris said.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Lovebird »

The rvs thing I mean.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 278, GreenLiquid wrote:Iconeum is a town read for me, primarily because it seems like his pressure on BuJaber is motivated by trying to sort him and it seems like his reads are appropriately responding to what happens -- for instance, after we got clarification on BuJaber's pool logic, Iconeum accepted it and stopped pushing that piece. He doesn't seem like an especially strong game solver, but he does seem to be trying to reason through his reads at least.
I really don't see this. Don't think there's actually "sorting".
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Wtf, zzzx gone for 10 days?
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Mod can you prod zzzx please

Yes.
Last edited by Kmd4390 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 95, Iconeum wrote:
In post 76, ZZZX wrote:I just feel people trying to talk about people not posting enough or not giving enough content at the 2nd (or 3rd?) day is really... fakeLets keep it at thatVOTE: Raskolnikov
While I agree that activity is NAI, I Feel Rask has made enough other posts to not scumread him.
Would like Ico to expand on what posts make him think Rask is town.

Kind of bothered me that he liked Bu early but quickly turned it into a scum read about some kind of contridiction. Progression didn't feel natural.

Ico how do you feel about Bu now?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 285, Lovebird wrote:
In post 284, CheekyTeeky wrote:Just skimmed Lovebird, I can def see why theyre pinging people but I don't see them being scum either. I liked them looking to sort players from the get go in RVS - the whole Rask did a towny thing which I think is actually scummy but they were looking for clues none-the-less.

Explain? You think it was scummy?

I guess I don't really remember anything chris said.
Explain Chris Rask in RVS?

More thoughts...

Zzzx is fine. Would like more interactions with others though. I think he saw what I'm seeing with Rask. A lot of points made about Rask using activity as AI also fits the hypocrisy in voting NM while complaining about lack of content.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 291, CheekyTeeky wrote:Explain Chris Rask in RVS?
The rask towny thing that you think is scummy.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Rask, are you here? Posted somewhere else on site.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 11, GreenLiquid wrote:If you count my ten-year hiatus as "preparing for my triumphant return", definitely!
In post 17, Lovebird wrote:
In post 10, Raskolnikov wrote:holy moly green you've been playing mafia over half your lifetime? :P
How you did know?
In post 18, Lovebird wrote:Did you, sorry.
In post 19, Raskolnikov wrote:i was bored and thought id look at everyone's profile and guess who didnt confirm yet
In post 20, Lovebird wrote:That's towny, I think.
In post 21, Lovebird wrote:Also, you and green aren't partnered. Both assuming scum chat pregame.
This is what I'm referencing Love.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Lovebird »

You think it's scum scoping out the playerlist? I guess, but I wouldn't think he'd mention anything from the profiles that he found then.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 295, Lovebird wrote:You think it's scum scoping out the playerlist? I guess, but I wouldn't think he'd mention anything from the profiles that he found then.
Good point. I think it's scummy because as scum myself I tend to research the playerlist. As GL and Ico said it looked LAMIST, like "look at how hard I want to solve this game that I look at people's info/meta" Being bored isnt really a valid argument online in 2018. Imo.
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Lovebird »

I guess I could see lamist. But, he only talked about it after I asked. Maybe he mentioned it to get someone to ask?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 293, Lovebird wrote:Rask, are you here? Posted somewhere else on site.
Since you're asking, yeah.
deranged and incoherent
?
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by Lovebird »

Hi.