Micro 789 - Alternating 9p - Mafia wins

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 177, BuJaber wrote:And as for NM. From my pov the first pool is riskier to lynch from since my theory is based on gamestate theory rather than on the players themselves so I prefer to try to sort them a little later.

So it's between you, NM, MM, chris. Who for the record is back to a townlean (I mean he might be buddying me but I'd like to think I'd catch on to that if he continues).

NM is the stronger scumread among them.
MM I've never played with before. There is a degree of effort in his posts but he went back to not posting so it's meh.
I would vote for you but then I'd be lonely. Also there's scum motivation in trying to discredit me but at the same time you do seem to be dragging this interrogation out in a way which doesn't seem worth it for scum. I would think scum would have ignored me and taken advantage of this dead town but who knows. It really is way too quiet here.
In post 192, BuJaber wrote:@GL - I'm not expecting him to have a thorough case to be honest and his explanation was enough to put someone from a null to a townlean. I mean I think I'm being clearly townie here but given your and Icon's reactions that doesn't seem to be the case.

@Icon - given the fickle nature of my chris read and that after his explanation I'm putting him on a townlean myself it isn't suspicious that he's on NM wagon. Also NM typically attracts votes from both scum and town it wouldn't be AI by itself. Thing with NM is, as I'm starting to notice, there seem to be subtle differences in his playstyle. Regardless of how apathetic he seems he tends to still be interested in winning. So when he's town he has his occasional bursts of confident reads and disagreeing with people who have an opposing opinion. There's none of that here. As scum he has bursts of activity when there is something to gain like a legitimate wagon on a strong townie or when it's near mylo for example and town is confused he'll encourage the confusion. I get the feeling he also enjoys being scumread so when he's scum he's quite cheeky about it. And I really really hate that wallpost about some physics concept or whatever it was (i didn't read it).

@cheeky - I explained my NM read here.

NM - cheeky clearly has played with you before; how strong is his scum game?

I think GL is scum. His push on me is bs and why anyone would defend Icon in this game is beyond me. He is a far better town player than this. He can't be defending him from a town pov. He must either know he's town or he is scum with him.

Cheeky - I admit chris might be scum but I don't think so. We lost as scum together before. I think he would sort me more confidently as scum and also I think he'd get caught as scum here. Maybe he isn't playing great here yet but for now I'm not entertaining the idea he's scum.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by BuJaber »

VOTE: GL
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I think GL is the kind of player that will get easier to spot as scum as the game progresses. I think I'd need a scum claim to lynch him D1. Didn't like that last post from Bu it felt omgusy. Sigh.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Count

Raskolnikov - 3 - ZZZX, CheekyTeeky, Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia - 2 - Raskolnikov, christopher
BuJaber - 2 - Iconeum, GreenLiquid
Iconeum - 1 - Lovebird
GuiltyLion - 1- BuJaber

Not Voting - none.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is April 2 at 1pm EST

ZZZX is being prodded.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Lovebird
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Lovebird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Lovebird »

In post 300, BuJaber wrote:I think GL is scum. His push on me is bs and why anyone would defend Icon in this game is beyond me. He is a far better town player than this. He can't be defending him from a town pov. He must either know he's town or he is scum with him.
I thought you were townreading ico?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

So I thought it over (lamist) and still think N_M is the way to go. TBH was gonna case cheekyteeky because I remember not liking her yesterday but I'm not feeling it, despite some things the coming in and seeing an N_M wagon and assuming scumpush isn't necessarily unreasonable or stance so unbelievable

ATM I think a play "not-to-lose" strategy is better than anything else because I don't have any "super town" this game like usual where I can get like 2 people to the point where I'd be comfortable to start hard pruning and essentially risking the game on them being right. This'll be controversial but I do feel 1 scum is probably in N_M or ZZZX this game and I also kinda don't want to lynch anyone with much of a townupside ATM (e.g. if they're town it'll be a significant loss).

I think there's decent setup this game to go in d2 atm and moreos than anything else I'd just rather not lynch in neg. ass. or trs

~ATM I think the following is safe
Bujaber != christopher
Lovebird != Greenliquid
Bujaber != iconeum (prob)

and my lynch preference atm something like the following
-
Lovebird
BuJaber
GreenLiquid

Iconeum
Christopher (this point is slightest smidgen above null)

MM/Cheeky

ZZZX
Not_Mafia
-

Normally wouldn't lay out top trs for nk+influence protection (unless they actually get in danger of being lynched) but atm even love or gl dying would be some level of semi-relief given (partially due to the circumstances I guess) not seeing any of the magic locktown posts this game

Will go into any given specific read on request (expect townreads to be controversial) but not every single read since it'd take forever and is kinda a pain in the ass, atm none of my townreads are really under any real threat and scumreads are kinda just boring weak leans so ehhh

TL;DR Still thinking hold course is best move here TBH
deranged and incoherent
?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

I don't get why you're acting like the game has to end now? We have more than a week left and Rask is speaking as if the day is about to end and we don't have time to scum hunt. This is even more ridiculous given that people have started moving their votes around a bit.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 291, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think he saw what I'm seeing with Rask. A lot of points made about Rask using activity as AI also fits the hypocrisy in voting NM while complaining about lack of content.
Go into detail how this is hypocritical, BTW. I don't have to be active myself to metaread someone for activity if I think it's AI for them, although actually that's also wrong because N_M being around the game start but disinterested at that point isn't even the same as saying low activity -> scum. You can say, okay, rask is pushing what looks like easy targets for what looks like easy reasons and I feel like that's scum motivated, but you're implying there's something scummy in my reasoning or reads and not getting specifically down to what it is.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 306, CheekyTeeky wrote:I don't get why you're acting like the game has to end now? We have more than a week left and Rask is speaking as if the day is about to end and we don't have time to scum hunt. This is even more ridiculous given that people have started moving their votes around a bit.
You're absolutely right, I want to see a flip soon.
deranged and incoherent
?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 308, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 306, CheekyTeeky wrote:I don't get why you're acting like the game has to end now? We have more than a week left and Rask is speaking as if the day is about to end and we don't have time to scum hunt. This is even more ridiculous given that people have started moving their votes around a bit.
You're absolutely right, I want to see a flip soon.
How is it pro-town to continue pushing for a low info flip when others are still sorting?

You argue that noone is towny enough yet you don't allow them time to be town read.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 307, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 291, CheekyTeeky wrote:I think he saw what I'm seeing with Rask. A lot of points made about Rask using activity as AI also fits the hypocrisy in voting NM while complaining about lack of content.
Go into detail how this is hypocritical, BTW. I don't have to be active myself to metaread someone for activity if I think it's AI for them, although actually that's also wrong because N_M being around the game start but disinterested at that point isn't even the same as saying low activity -> scum. You can say, okay, rask is pushing what looks like easy targets for what looks like easy reasons and I feel like that's scum motivated, but you're implying there's something scummy in my reasoning or reads and not getting specifically down to what it is.
You can split hairs on my argument all you want, it just makes you scummier.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I don't want to see a flip soon because it's protown, I want to see a flip soon because I'm kinda tired of this day 1. You keep doing this thing where you treat all my posts as if I only say objective statements and that whenever I say I feel a certain way you're taking it as a statement on how things "ought" to be and as if I'm making a massive judgment call on it.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Like when I said the game was boring that wasn't the same as writing a giant post about how everyone should really contribute and be pro-town and that I'd judge them very harshly if not. It's like you're skipping over any nuance.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'm wondering if you're engaging with me in good faith or are just trying to make me look scummy.
deranged and incoherent
?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 313, Raskolnikov wrote:I'm wondering if you're engaging with me in good faith or are just trying to make me look scummy.
Ok so go over how everyone apart from NM and me are a little bit scummy so you have no strong town reads?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I didn't say I had no decent town reads, I said I didn't have any super/locktowns which I'd usually have 1 or 2 of. Though thinking about it now it's also because usually it's when newish players who I'd have no expectations of having a scumgame obvtown and there's no one fitting that here.
Love is actually sorta strong atm and Bu/GL semi? ish atm.
deranged and incoherent
?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I'm sick right now, so there is little motivation to really dig into this but i'll try

I was townreading Rask earlier because of the clear eagerness to get this game going, and keep it going. A lot of effort in making players post, and a lot of engagement with different slots.
The vote switching later on doesnt sit well with me, voting zzzzx and NM feels very opportunistic and that feeling is enhanced by the lack of motivation on those votes. Him wanting to end the day early isn't exactly pro-town. I'm still townleaning the slot, however.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Iconeum »

My scumread on Buj came from my PoV, where his 'sorting' wasn't sorting at all. He literally put every single player in a scumbracket and calls it sorting. The lack of pushing the actual reads contributes to that feeling. After a lot of back and forth, the way he keeps defending his actions make it feel more town to me. Let's just call it a disagreement in tactics.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Actually icon I forgot about this, don't think you answered
In post 106, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 59, Iconeum wrote:I agree that putting Lovebird in a scumpool, but in the same post mentioning that is has no reason to act like that if scum, is just weird.
Still like how he tries to steer conversation away, because that was leading us nowhere.
Out of curiosity, you didn't notice this when you made right?
deranged and incoherent
?
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 212, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 15, Iconeum wrote:
In post 5, Christopher wrote:Hi. Who’re the goons?
In post 7, GreenLiquid wrote:VOTE: Christopher for not having an avatar. You're the goons!
Obvious townslip by Christopher, GL fell for it.
GGEZ

VOTE: GreenLiquid

Obvious town slip in what universe? This better be an RVS joke.
Considering it was my first post in the game, chances are that it was, in fact, an RVS joke.

Cheeky, you mention that I'm 'stirring the flames' on NM wagon, while in fact i've been the strongest opponent to an NM lynch this game.
Now that I'm done tunneling on Buj, I like your case on Christopher.

Several mentions on Buj where he states his actions are NAI, but townreads him anyway. His push on NM actually feels real, but it's the easiest path for scum to legit push.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 318, Raskolnikov wrote:Actually icon I forgot about this, don't think you answered
In post 106, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 59, Iconeum wrote:I agree that putting Lovebird in a scumpool, but in the same post mentioning that is has no reason to act like that if scum, is just weird.
Still like how he tries to steer conversation away, because that was leading us nowhere.
Out of curiosity, you didn't notice this when you made right?
I have trouble understanding this, I'll try to get it straight.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by Iconeum »

VOTE: christopher
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 319, Iconeum wrote:
In post 212, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 15, Iconeum wrote:
In post 5, Christopher wrote:Hi. Who’re the goons?
In post 7, GreenLiquid wrote:VOTE: Christopher for not having an avatar. You're the goons!
Obvious townslip by Christopher, GL fell for it.
GGEZ

VOTE: GreenLiquid

Obvious town slip in what universe? This better be an RVS joke.
Considering it was my first post in the game, chances are that it was, in fact, an RVS joke.

Cheeky, you mention that I'm 'stirring the flames' on NM wagon, while in fact i've been the strongest opponent to an NM lynch this game.
Now that I'm done tunneling on Buj, I like your case on Christopher.

Several mentions on Buj where he states his actions are NAI, but townreads him anyway. His push on NM actually feels real, but it's the easiest path for scum to legit push.
In post 59, Iconeum wrote:N_M is out of his town meta, where he usually votes his first scumread (very) early, so let's see how that develops.
Lovebird town vibes

Sorry didn't read objectively after this post. Yep you can be town, your ISO wasn't as bad as I initially thought on a reread. I just think your reasons for TRing rask are pretty easy and not AI especially now that he seems to be doing the opposite to what you initially town read him for.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

ZZZX when you get here please give reads aside from Rask.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 304, Lovebird wrote:
In post 300, BuJaber wrote:I think GL is scum. His push on me is bs and why anyone would defend Icon in this game is beyond me. He is a far better town player than this. He can't be defending him from a town pov. He must either know he's town or he is scum with him.
I thought you were townreading ico?
That was very early on. I've had him in one of my scum pools for a while now.

Are you even paying attention?

Okay forget my 2nd pool I'll deal with those later. I want to lynch one of {rask, GL, lovebird} like I wanted at the start. And I no longer TR love because last time he was scum in a game with me he wasn't super active and left town to implode while his partner did a lot of pot stirring.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”