Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I mean I have a vague recollection of there possibly being some friction but other than that I'm not so sure. I said they were major conversation points cos like
Many people suspected Ico
Many people suspected Sky
And now no one gives a shit?
Everyone currently active: what was your thoughts on Ico + Sky before and after Shining's flip?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:28 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 3900, Gamma Emerald wrote:I mean I have a vague recollection of there possibly being some friction but other than that I'm not so sure. I said they were major conversation points cos like
Everyone currently active: what was your thoughts on Ico + Sky before and after Shining's flip?
Exactly the same as my current thoughts, I didn't understand what the behavioral connections everyone was using to connect them were. Then we learned they were in a hood, and the conversation shifted to the likelihood of there being scum in the hood. I suppose I was pretty sure that there was likely scum between the two of them, but didn't actually have any idea which one was more likely scum. The hammer and B&M thing and A50 thing have eclipsed that particular solving method for me today though. I am still interested in any posts that drew other's interest and established a connection between the two which occurred before their hood was outed though.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:31 am

@Icon, Skybird: Are you still in a PT with one another? More specifically, did the PT from D1 persist, and if not, was it replaced by a new PT/a PT with a new origin today?

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3901, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3900, Gamma Emerald wrote:I mean I have a vague recollection of there possibly being some friction but other than that I'm not so sure. I said they were major conversation points cos like
Exactly the same as my current thoughts, I didn't understand what the behavioral connections everyone was using to connect them were. Then we learned they were in a hood, and the conversation shifted to the likelihood of there being scum in the hood. I suppose I was pretty sure that there was likely scum between the two of them, but didn't actually have any idea which one was more likely scum. The hammer and B&M thing and A50 thing have eclipsed that particular solving method for me today though. I am still interested in any posts that drew other's interest and established a connection between the two which occurred before their hood was outed though.

-Cerb
This actually indirectly answers my initial question, but the question to everyone active still stands
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Venmar »

guys, i will not lie

i have been playing a lot of puzzle pirates. nostalgia is commanding my life atm im sorry
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Venmar »

also, lynch me if you guys dare

im sitting perplexed tbh. i dont have the energy nor the fucks to read taly's walls. i can respond to direct and concise questions but other than that it is what it is

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Venmar »

im actually also still townreading gamma, for the record.

i know that doesn't make sense because im voting them, but this is entirely and purely a case of gamma, in my eyes, being town by play, but a lynch by mechanic. gamma's unlynchable claim is basically something i will always want to hard check in any game. i think gamma is bluffing/lying at best, lying at worst. he either gets lynched and flips scum for lying, or is actually unlynchable, in which case he isn't lying and we get a free night for all of us to be productive and use investigatives and hoods to catch scum. it's the play for today.

Maid Cafe
Maid Cafe
Goon
Maid Cafe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Maid Cafe »

maid is a bit mia with both habing a few problems sorry
Why are you... the only one causing me so much confusion?

aka beeboy and MariaR
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm

@Venmar: given the fact that this games ruleset changes, as well as roles, if his slot *doesnt* prevent the nk, or, hell, gives scum some additional benefit(s) in addition to not being lynched, it just means they've maximized the utility of the role by letting it activate during the one day it could activate.

It's not mechanically optimal in any situation where scum gain more benefit from it than town.

-Cerb
Show

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 3902, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Icon, Skybird: Are you still in a PT with one another? More specifically, did the PT from D1 persist, and if not, was it replaced by a new PT/a PT with a new origin today?

-Cerb
We are in a PT together, but it's not the same one from D1. That PT is closed.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Would the new origin have allowed SD to be part of your PT?

As in, is it explicit that just you two would have been in it? Or do you just have access to a PT without knowledge of who the membership could be?

-Cerb
Show

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by Skybird »

This hood is only for me and Icon and is part of our roles in this plane.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Varsoon are roles randed as a set or are they randed each time a new flavor is done?
<Embrace The Void>

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Thanks Skybird. Just considering what the game state would be like if SD were alive right now, alignment unknown, and ejected from your PT, since that was more likely than what ended up happening, and since these roles were created after alignment was, the way he expected us to react would be something he'd at least attempt too account for.

No conclusions, but valuable data.

-Cerb
Show

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3912, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Varsoon are roles randed as a set or are they randed each time a new flavor is done?
For Magic the Gathering Mafia, all the roles in the game were created to suit a player's color choices.
All other roles were created after the Magic the Gather Mafia roles were created and alignments were decided; these roles were created with the Magic the Gathering roles/alignments in mind.
In this way, all role distribution was handled as of game start.
Bronya Zaychik
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Bronya Zaychik
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Bronya Zaychik »

I'd lynch Ico but the game dying after our callout is relevant.

~Titus
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:03 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 3905, Venmar wrote:also, lynch me if you guys dare

im sitting perplexed tbh. i dont have the energy nor the fucks to read taly's walls. i can respond to direct and concise questions but other than that it is what it is
Sigh... I'm one of the few people in this game trying to progress the gamestate, and this is the type of response I'm getting from multiple people.

Cool. :roll:

But, since you're better with the bullet questions like
Gamma
In post 3906, Venmar wrote:im actually also still townreading gamma, for the record.

i know that doesn't make sense because im voting them, but this is entirely and purely a case of gamma, in my eyes, being town by play, but a lynch by mechanic. gamma's unlynchable claim is basically something i will always want to hard check in any game. i think gamma is bluffing/lying at best, lying at worst. he either gets lynched and flips scum for lying, or is actually unlynchable, in which case he isn't lying and we get a free night for all of us to be productive and use investigatives and hoods to catch scum. it's the play for today.
1)
Why are you voting to lynch a townread? ....Even if it's to test a claim or lynch a potential scum candidate. I don't get it.

2)
Plus, if you actually townread
Gamma
, why are you proposing that he could be lying, or stating the possibility that he could flip scum? Like, this doesn't ring to me as consistent in thought process.

3)
Why is it good to lynch someone who's potentially lynchproof? That may end in no flip, no theme except for a possible change in route, which fucking sucks, and people's reads will not likely change right now because the gamestate's stagnated. Plus, a handful of us don't have investigative to use, unless
Alisae
and I were singled out.

4)
Speaking of that, do you have an investigative ability? How do you feel about
Maid Cafe's
unouted guilties and
Gamma's
'reasoning' for tracking people?
In post 3908, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Venmar: given the fact that this games ruleset changes, as well as roles, if his slot *doesnt* prevent the nk, or, hell, gives scum some additional benefit(s) in addition to not being lynched, it just means they've maximized the utility of the role by letting it activate during the one day it could activate.

It's not mechanically optimal in any situation where scum gain more benefit from it than town.

-Cerb
I don't think this assessment evaluates the full picture. ...I read this, and I literally learned nothing about your thoughts toward the
Gamma
lynchproof claim and lynch.

I don't believe town has easy access information to other player's information like scum do as a team. So the point of prolonging this theme by entertaining a potentially fruitless lynch path serves little but to reset the day, and give power to a select group of people who can act at night. In this context, town as whole, learns little if anything on an individual level, and the scumteam has a possible agenda that could be filled via time and night action.

Essentially, while mechanically, this may not benefit either town or scum more; I don't think it's protown to just say:
"Let's drop everything we've already learned and pushed for just to policy lynch the lynchproof claim! Hehehe!"

Especially
when the lynchproof ability will most likely be changed in the next dayphase, but that can't happen without a successful lynch first.

It's not logistically helpful play for town, specifically in a theme where the power balance alternates.

~ Taly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Creature »

I thought we were supposed to lynch scum.
Sigh
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:41 am

@Taly: generally, if I take the time to explain why someone else's reason for thinking something is a good idea aren't correct, without adding in a caveat about benefits or expressing uncertainty about doing it, it means I'm opposed to their idea.

So no, I don't think lynching gamma to test his claim is a good idea. If we actually think his claim is worth testing, that is, that there is a preponderance of evidence in favor of him lying about this, and thus scum, or simply scum for other reasons, we can just lynch him on another day, when we could expect him to die.

Also, creating interaction maps without analysis and conclusions does not actually progress the game state. It REITERATES the game state, and gives people a tool which they can use to review how you no interpret things, but the conclusions you draw from each post(namely, this is a positive interaction or negative interaction) are too simple to justify going back and actually reading through them, at least without the valuable notations included such as questioning WHY someone's interactions went from hard positive to hard negative.

Taly, can you please answer my sky/icon question?

-Cerb
Show

Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 3918, Reasonably Rational wrote:Also, creating interaction maps without analysis and conclusions does not actually progress the game state. It REITERATES the game state, and gives people a tool which they can use to review how you no interpret things, but the conclusions you draw from each post(namely, this is a positive interaction or negative interaction) are too simple to justify going back and actually reading through them, at least without the valuable notations included such as questioning WHY someone's interactions went from hard positive to hard negative.
in Taly's defense, I told him to do the maps so I could do this.
~Ali
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I feel as though
Maid Cafe
is
aligned with the town
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Creature »

Sure
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Creature »

What's our townblock again?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Creature »

Did Almost50 do anything protown?
Sigh
Purple Heart
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Purple Heart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Purple Heart »

In post 3920, Dunnstral wrote:I feel as though
Maid Cafe
is
aligned with the town
Why are you saying this like a cop inno when it's like
common knowledge?
lol
in the words of taly
"ecks dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee dee"

--
In post 3922, Creature wrote:What's our townblock again?
Me, Maid Cafe, Titus/Kiana, Chara, You, RR, Skyburd.
~Ali

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”