Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:24 am

Post by armlx »

I'm intrigued at BM's no RB logic. The odds of stopping a successful doc protect with one scum kill is n times as unlikely as stopping the mafia kill, where n is the number of players minus one.

BM, I will answer your 2nd question later. However, your argument about Rosso doing dumb stuff is semi-valid backing for a lynch, but not a primary reason to do so.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Nemesis wrote:Happy Birthday Dahill1
Battle Mage wrote:i want to hear from Rosso and Nemesis.

BM
Well I don't have much to add about the night's events to be honest. It is entirely possible you give me too much credit... Or too little... I am not sure.
We were missing a scum NK. You claimed RB. I think it may be slightly useful to know who you targetted.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:31 am

Post by armlx »

Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Well I don't have much to add about the night's events to be honest. It is entirely possible you give me too much credit... Or too little... I am not sure.
We were missing a scum NK. You claimed RB. I think it may be slightly useful to know who you targetted.

BM
2nd.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Nemesis »

Battle Mage wrote:

BM

BM
I may have given you too much credit then. I claimed nothing of the sort. Your eagerness to look for things that arn't there made you presume I claimed Roleblocker. I mention a key role and all of a sudden I'm it?

Before you completely misread my posts I actually made it pretty clear I'm not the roleblocker.

Here is the post that was a far more obvious and a way earlier claim.
Nemesis wrote:
Killa Seven wrote: i figured in a game this large there would be more sum players so the chances of hiting a scummy player would be more likely. i killed jive machine, i was allowed to pick any style of killing as long as it was realistic. so i picked throat slashing.
Oh God why? Throat Slashing screams SK.

If you are still allowed to pick any type of kill, kill me tonight by shooting me with a Sniper Rifle. (I was going to say shotgun, but that's been taken... Unfortunately Ex army has access to my "protown kills" as SK" *sigh*)

It was incredibly lucky of you to kill the anti town person. Congratulations. Out of all the kills that one was you.

We could have backup vigs, vigs, all kinds of stuff. I don't really like the claim.

Ninja edit: Apparently I'm not the only one here with a deathwish... I'm assuming you have the same role I do Lloyd, I'm cool with being killed tonight, if you do not have the same role I have, I ask you let me die instead.

So why didn't I correct you earlier? Simple, I'd rather have died than the vig. But thank you BM for getting yet another claim out of someone. This time all it takes is a false assumption. I'll grant you that I had pretty much claimed earlier, but you apparently missed it. Now it is unmissable, have fun with that.

And for the record, next time I mention a role in one of my posts, I might not actually be it.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Nemesis wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM

BM
I may have given you too much credit then. I claimed nothing of the sort. Your eagerness to look for things that arn't there made you presume I claimed Roleblocker. I mention a key role and all of a sudden I'm it?

Before you completely misread my posts I actually made it pretty clear I'm not the roleblocker.

Here is the post that was a far more obvious and a way earlier claim.
Nemesis wrote:
Killa Seven wrote: i figured in a game this large there would be more sum players so the chances of hiting a scummy player would be more likely. i killed jive machine, i was allowed to pick any style of killing as long as it was realistic. so i picked throat slashing.
Oh God why? Throat Slashing screams SK.

If you are still allowed to pick any type of kill, kill me tonight by shooting me with a Sniper Rifle. (I was going to say shotgun, but that's been taken... Unfortunately Ex army has access to my "protown kills" as SK" *sigh*)

It was incredibly lucky of you to kill the anti town person. Congratulations. Out of all the kills that one was you.

We could have backup vigs, vigs, all kinds of stuff. I don't really like the claim.

Ninja edit: Apparently I'm not the only one here with a deathwish... I'm assuming you have the same role I do Lloyd, I'm cool with being killed tonight, if you do not have the same role I have, I ask you let me die instead.

So why didn't I correct you earlier? Simple, I'd rather have died than the vig. But thank you BM for getting yet another claim out of someone. This time all it takes is a false assumption. I'll grant you that I had pretty much claimed earlier, but you apparently missed it. Now it is unmissable, have fun with that.

And for the record, next time I mention a role in one of my posts, I might not actually be it.
you genius... :roll: your reasoning is disgraceful.
So what happened to our missing kill?

oh and with reference to the question you posed to me earlier, you might want to consider potential motives of my comments. If you still think it is worth discussing openly, then you may proceed.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:03 am

Post by armlx »

Meh, what I assumed, BM's assumption was 30% valid, 70% him jumping to conclusions. Seconded only because if Nem was an RB, he should tell who he blocked.

BM: Actually, a doc hasn't died yet, so its possible the mafia WIFOM'ed themselves out of a kill as well by attacking Farside when he was protected.

Nemesis, why did you full claim. All you had to say was BM, you are dumb, if I was RB I would have already come forward and left it at that. Or made up some argument about how coming forward as an RB could lead to a mislynch given the lack of a dead doctor.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Nemesis »

armlx wrote:Nemesis, why did you full claim.
1: I didn't correct him straight away.

2: Someone would have asked me questions.

3: The claim was nothing new and stuff like this usually makes people search back through posts.

4: It is highly likely that the mafia noticed the claim when I first made it and thus gambled on the doc: A: agreeing with BM about my role and B: thinking I was more important than the claimed vig.

5: Other people noticed it, may have pointed it out and it would have come out anyway.

6: I can use this later to defend myself a tiny tiny bit.

7: I didn't think BM would back down, and there was a tiny bit of me that wanted him to realize exactly how wrong he was.

8: BM is pretty much running this show and his judgement is apparently not the best.

9: When I asked why, he didn't get the damn hint. And you seconded him straight after that.

10: There is no 10, I just like round numbers.

BM wrote:So what happened to our missing kill?
Don't look at me, you might want to try the doc... Else the scum targeted someone unNKable.

[quote="BM]your reasoning is disgraceful[/Quote]

So now all you have to do is assume someone is a role and they
have to
correct you? What is to stop you doing that many times until you have enough information to piece together what we have, who is what, etc.?

I still don't believe how many people thought you were right... Or said they did at least.
BM wrote:you might want to consider potential motives of my comments. If you still think it is worth discussing openly, then you may proceed.
1: You thought the roleblocker would ignore you anyway.

2: You have a night action despite saying a number of times that you havn't.

3: You feared a bus driver?

No, I'm not quite there. Why would a miller ask the Roleblocker not to target them but instead to make no night action?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Nemesis »

Yet again my failure to use tags is highlighted by my forgetting to preview.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:36 am

Post by armlx »

I approve of all your reasons to claim, especially 4 and 7. You pass the test.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:37 am

Post by dahill1 »

Andycyca wrote:
Peers wrote:So, wait, I'm confused. Is 'cultie cop' a cop who's a member of a cult, or a cop who determines if someone is in a cult? If the former, we need to lynch Rosso eventually, but after he helps us find the scum, right? If the latter... we need to lynch BM because there's a good chance he's the cult recruiter, not a mason, right?

It seems too simple, there must be something I'm missing.
2nd
3rd i'm basically just confused about this whole situation
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

As I understand it, RC claimed cult cop, and investigated BM, while getting a guilty. But if BM is the miller, then of course RC would get a guilty. So that guilty investigation (if true) actually makes BM more pro-town, because whatever interpretation of "delayed cult recruiter" you prefer, it still means BM is unlikely to be cult, and more likely, therefore, to be a miller.

But BM and armlx both have reason to think that RC is lying, which they aren't revealing at this time (I think I know what you guys are talking about), which means that we should lynch RC but actually does not clear BM, meaning we should still consider lynching BM later. Phew.

Is that about the shape of things?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:17 am

Post by andersonw »

Yes, pretty much.

I'm sorta confused too.

BM: Is your meta knowledge of Rosso from a currently active game?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:18 am

Post by armlx »

TSN's post is correct. Also, if you think you know, you probably do.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Imat »

I have no idea what you two are on about, but I'll let that go for now. However, I want an explanation of what, exactly, a cult cop is. Many of you seem to think its a Cop who gets guilty on Cult, but I'm more of the persuasion that he is a Cultist who retains his Investigative powers.

And a guilty on BM doesn't make him any less nulled than before. Scum also come up guilty, or at least Mafia do, so saying hes more innocent now because a Cop got a guilty on him is false. Which is exactly what we discussed much of Day 1.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:42 am

Post by WhoMe? »

Imat wrote:I have no idea what you two are on about, but I'll let that go for now. However, I want an explanation of what, exactly, a cult cop is. Many of you seem to think its a Cop who gets guilty on Cult, but I'm more of the persuasion that he is a Cultist who retains his Investigative powers.

And a guilty on BM doesn't make him any less nulled than before. Scum also come up guilty, or at least Mafia do, so saying hes more innocent now because a Cop got a guilty on him is false. Which is exactly what we discussed much of Day 1.
which is precisely why it makes no sesnse for any kind of cop to have targeted him in the first place. What's he going to find? an innocent result? And as you pointed out, the BM miller discussion took up a lot of space, how could anyone have missed it? I want to hear a full explanation out of Rosso of exactly what role he is claiming and why he investigated BM.
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:43 am

Post by armlx »

Why would he claim being a cult recruit who can still investigate. Care to give me a reason?
WhoMe?
WhoMe?
Goon
WhoMe?
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:46 am

Post by WhoMe? »

armlx wrote:Why would he claim being a cult recruit who can still investigate. Care to give me a reason?
if that's addressed to me, that's not how I read his claim. I assumed him to mean a cop who finds cult members. Whethe ro rnot he's telling the truth tho....
Show
As Town: 3/8
As Scum: 3/4

Survived/Lynched/Nked/Other:

3/7/2/0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:05 am

Post by armlx »

Its to Imat, you simul posted me.

I think Rosso claims to N0 have investigated, which doesn't make sense as the cult was delayed recruit, unless he is a miller or Rosso is lying (2 is more likely).
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Imat »

Not much of Rosso's play makes sense.

But, you bring up an excellent point. I see which option the Cult Cop is, thanks for clearing that up. Even Rosso wouldn't play that bad.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:59 am

Post by armlx »

Imat wrote: Even Rosso wouldn't play that bad.
I was meaning to say this and didnt for some reason.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Thanks for not killing me...By looks of it with SK gone we have only the vig and the scum kill...I think probably scum tried to kill Farside and got protected.

I don't like all this lynching BM stuff...Think the ones pushing it are probably scum. Will attepmt to read through and post my opinions soon.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:24 am

Post by armlx »

Xtoxm wrote:Thanks for not killing me...By looks of it with SK gone we have only the vig and the scum kill...I think probably scum tried to kill Farside and got protected.

I don't like all this lynching BM stuff...Think the ones pushing it are probably scum. Will attepmt to read through and post my opinions soon.
I do not like this post at all. It is very scummy placed spec and thx for not killing me. Noted, though my current meta-read on xtoxm is he does this kind of stuff as town.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I said that because it was between me and Lloyd for Farside's NK.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Peers »

Okay, okay, I think I see where all this is going.

The gist of it is, we're lynching Rosso to see if BM is, indeed, a miller or not.

Basicly, we're getting rid of someone who is a) useless (in a power-role sense) if telling the truth and b) scum if lying to test the towniness of someone who is a) useless (in a power-role sense, not in a game-play sense) if telling the truth and b) scum if lying.

Right?

Given that this plan is mainly being formulated by the latter... okay, I agree with it.

Vote: Rosso
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by killa seven »

rosso is claiming cult cop.. wouldnt that mean that hes in the cullt? and isnt the cult anti town? his claim confuses me someone clear this up for me.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”