Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Part of me has just been thinking the scum team is Hoopla, Implosion, Cheetory. I’m not gonna preflip asso, though...so I’ll stick with hoopla.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 543, Hoopla wrote:His convos with Magna being the key reference point here. He's just ~*misunderstood*~ maaaaan.
I have more problems with his actions than his words.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 542, Prism wrote:I was already going to do that. The post there isn't keeping me accountable, it's saying "Oh yes, I'll hold you to it, I'm watching you closely" rather than just waiting to see what I come up with. I guess I can see intent here to needle scum and make them uncomfortable.
OK but this makes ME feel more uncomfortable for several reasons, most of them stated before:

1) What does Cheetory have to do with how YOU post?

2) If Cheetory DOES do this (which tbh I don't want to argue), is that town or scum aligned? You can't make a big stink about it and say null now!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 553, Hiraki wrote:
In post 542, Prism wrote:I was already going to do that. The post there isn't keeping me accountable, it's saying "Oh yes, I'll hold you to it, I'm watching you closely" rather than just waiting to see what I come up with. I guess I can see intent here to needle scum and make them uncomfortable.
OK but this makes ME feel more uncomfortable for several reasons, most of them stated before:

1) What does Cheetory have to do with how YOU post?
I read it as an attempt to get me to play how he wanted. That was the issue.

That's the direct answer, the pedantic answer is if other players' posts don't affect your post at all you're probably doing something wrong.
In post 553, Hiraki wrote:2) If Cheetory DOES do this (which tbh I don't want to argue), is that town or scum aligned? You can't make a big stink about it and say null now!
Expounded on in #544. Explicitly: Townlean.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Prism »

Actually he directly stated the intent of "Keeping me accountable" rather than just to needle me and see what happened.

Thought about it a bit more given this and I'm pretty sure it's fine. The aggressiveness/"I think I'm Jaws, gonna rip what they say apart no matter what, we're 1 on 1ing play the music" feel of that in addition to the other statements just read as way too presumptive with what he had to come from town. I think his read on me is fine and more likely to come from town.

(Explicitly, him thinking that a Flavor lynch was an immediate danger means that yeah, my "Let's just put it somewhere and prod around" vote would be a poor use at best)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Prism any thoughts on my read on you
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Prism’s hella townie.

I feel like I’m on the right track with my reads I posted this page.

Those guys are making solid points, yes, but it feels like they’re targeting the flaws in town people’s plays rather than scum pushing them, if that makes sense.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 557, Flavor Leaf wrote:Prism’s hella townie.

I feel like I’m on the right track with my reads I posted this page.

Those guys are making solid points, yes, but it feels like they’re targeting the flaws in town people’s plays rather than scum pushing them, if that makes sense.
Flavor/Prism/Gamma townblock?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

It’s day 1. I don’t really want to town block, but Iwould defend within that, yes.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

MOI is townie to me as well, along with Stefan. They’ve been doing some anti scum agenda things, and I don’t think any of the stuff they’ve done gives any sort of town cred in a way where it’s worth it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 560, Flavor Leaf wrote:MOI is townie to me as well, along with Stefan. They’ve been doing some anti scum agenda things, and I don’t think any of the stuff they’ve done gives any sort of town cred in a way where it’s worth it.
Yeah I agree with these plus MOI just hasn't been ringing the same way he did in The Thing Mafia, like he a sort of arrogance there?
<Embrace The Void>

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by implosion »

from Hoopla feels really, really ridiculously pockety. I don't like any of her posts on the last page really. If a wagon pops up on her I'll join it, although I'd still rather lynch flavor if we can swing it especially since he's already claimed.

@Prism's :
I'm not asserting that you're town, and I am asserting that the pick of a motivation seems arbitrary. I don't see how these two are inconsistent.
I actually have no idea what these words are saying. You're saying that you think I'm scum because you think I've been picking motivations to be more likely in an arbitrary way? If so, specifics?
I'm aware that it was explicitly null; that's my entire problem with it. You're citing a lot of behaviors he's doing that aren't ideal but you've seen from a town Magna. You aren't sure that it's a tell but the care with which you're treating Magna vs. the willingness to pass out townreads elsewhere is incredibly odd. I don't see any reason for you to fear him so much you see a game that reminds you of town Magna and still just go "he's null"
One, it reminds me of town magna from two years ago.

Two, and more importantly, like I said it doesn't remind me of town magna in a way that I think Magna can't fake. All of my townreads have done things that I think they're unlikely to fake as scum. Honestly thinking about it in this light is making me lean slightly town on him, but it's similar to my townlean on Grey in that he's certainly capable of faking what he's done so far, it's just somewhat more likely to come from town. But like, it's a mixed bag? I'm pretty sure Magna uses the same kind of logic as scum, i.e. that these things aren't tells for him. It might be that he only does these things as town but that would be pretty one-dimensional of a meta to have for an established player.

Not really sure what to make of Prism's content and not sure what people see that is strongly town. This doesn't seem especially far from what I remember of Prism's scumgame, though I haven't seen their towngame.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah there's the thing: I'd mistaken their towngame for their scumgame, asked some leading questions, and Prism suspected me for doing that. Here it seems he's picking at the same things, so it's +town points for him
<Embrace The Void>

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Prism »

Will respond to you tomorrow Imp.
In post 556, Gamma Emerald wrote:Prism any thoughts on my read on you
Generally feel like you would have just continued to scumread me here as mafia. Doubt you're scum, even if you are I'm pretty confident I can just skim a game later and gauge how much you've actually grown. The observation itself, I generally put a lot of stock in reading into my personal interactions, recent games (including this one) mean I'm putting less stock in it overall. Depending on the angle I want I do it as scum.

First read was what was more interesting to me. Yours I was less interested in on account of the townread/figuring it was more the tone or read itself. Erika's meta read interested me a lot more because it seemed to be a comment specifically on
the way I opened
rather than a general playstyle statement, but it was ambiguous.

This would be a break from my scum openings on site on two fronts: 1) Giving only a townread. I have a very standard opening structure that I usually follow as both alignments, which is really aggressive. As scum it's to establish an early pace and to set tone expectation, as town it's to push for early content by going with a first hunch if I have one 2) I generally don't post as scum before I know exactly what is going on and have read all of the posts. This is because of my very first game on site: 1838. I made a strategic mistake in giving an early strong townread Zoronos that I'd regret the rest of the game. I don't post as scum until I know the entire gamestate and know what direction I want to take the game. The one time I was forced to deviate due to the size of the game upon my replacein, it went terribly (GG1).
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh wow I've literally played with scum Flavor before, I just have to read it again. Makes my life easier.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Can someone explain this pocketing thing to me that I'm hearing about these days and why it's a thing?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

hoopla I will answer your question now in order to distance

pocketing is when you take a town player and you make them feel good/convince them that you are town and then you put them in your pocket for the rest of the game so they do your bidding and help you win and help you lynch other towns:
Hoopla wrote:Makes me think he'll be easy to boss around later, which is good for me, both from a game PoV and a fun PoV.
basically this if we were town
implosion wrote:543 from Hoopla feels really, really ridiculously pockety. I don't like any of her posts on the last page really. If a wagon pops up on her I'll join it, although I'd still rather lynch flavor if we can swing it especially since he's already claimed.
oh this is a good distancing tactic too, nice one
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Cool stuff, I'm glad we're all playing at such advanced levels. The spectator thread will be loving such a fine display of mafia'ing.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:32 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 567, Cheetory6 wrote:basically this if we were town
addendum: if i were town and you were still scum*

god i spent so much time practicing in the pt and i got it wrong
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I take back everything I said in 568, but on principal and out of respect for my buddies I never bus Day 1, so lets hope town just thinks this was all a hilarious joke and it blows over.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay Cheetory, Hoopla: WTF?
Okay rediculling Flavors theory makes sense, but this is very strange clowning around.
Why are you two implying that you are mafia and whith each other?
I know Hoopla is imposible to read blabla, will be nk blabla, you can't get her if she is scum.

Anyone really has anythink that this is town-Hoopla?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:23 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

stefan wrote:Why are you two implying that you are mafia and whith each other?
stefan wrote:Okay rediculling Flavors theory makes sense
seems like you figured it out!
nice one!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 551, Flavor Leaf wrote:Part of me has just been thinking the scum team is Hoopla, Implosion, Cheetory. I’m not gonna preflip asso, though...so I’ll stick with hoopla.
If you are town, I want to congratulate you on naming three townies in your scumteam. It's quite the asscomplishment.

Real post in a bit.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:13 am

Post by StefanB »

Grey how long until you can tell us what you have that makes Hoopla town?
You had I am allways scumread, than bling you see her as town, for reasons that you can explain in a week.
Than the 80% post...
Help please...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”