Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The difference is with all the “factual players” here, if you make all the cases you have been, then you also have to ask yourself the question, “could they have just done all this as town...?”

Usually the answer is yes. Most everything can be explained by that.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 587, Flavor Leaf wrote:There is 100% scum in Hoopla, Cheetory, Implosion. I’m leaning more on the former two, as I see Implosion as a mislynchable player.
could they have just done all this as town...?
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:21 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 457, Erika Furudo wrote:
@MOD replace me the lack of motivation for me to even try this is and everytime I look at the game it reminds me on why I hate the normal queue

Here are my thoughts before I go
Prism is definitely not new and is a wolf.
MoI is also a wolf.
I can literally soulread Implosion, he is town.
Hiraki is sadly, also a wolf.
Flavor Leaf is town.
So is CoA (and probably the best reads currently?)
And Cheetory
And Saudade
And Gamma

GreyICE is town but could be a wolf

And then Stefan and Hoopla are like my only null reads

If MoI is alive the before day LyLo please lynch him, thank you.
Just noticed this. Will start searching ASAP.
Searching once I get home to make a post on replacement thread.
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:44 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Spoiler: VoteCount Settings
priorVCNumber=5
url=viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75603
playerList=Flavor Leaf{FL+Flavor},Saudade,WhyMafia,Floosh,GreyIce{Grey},MagnaOfIllusion{MoI},Gamma Emerald{Gamma+GE},implosion,Hoopla,Cheetory6,StefanB,Erika Furudo{Erika},CultOfAthena{CoA+Cult+Athena}
replacementList=WhyMafia:Prism, Floosh:Hiraki
moderatorNames=UC Voyager
dayStartNumbers=0
cleanDay=true
deadline=2018-04-18 00:26:59 -8.00
deadList=
voteOverrides=
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:47 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Votecount 1.6

StefanB(2)
~ (45), (54)

implosion(2)
~ (23), (17)
Hoopla(2)
~ (74), (30)
Flavor Leaf(2)
~ (73), (48)
Prism(1)
~ (50)
MagnaOfIllusion(1)
~ (23)
CultOfAthena(1)
~ (31)

Not Voting (2): (34), (78)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-04-18 00:26:59)

MOD REMINDERS
Erika Furudo needs a prod. The last post was at: 4/8/2018 8:36:00 AM which was 2 days 8 hours 9 minutes 29 seconds ago.
Erika Furudo has requested replacement and i am currently searching!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 584, GreyICE wrote:So you can't read Hoopla? Okay. Then why are you eager to vote her and slow to vote Flavor Leaf? Because you yourself said you couldn't figure out what he was doing. And let me assure you, Hoopla on day 3 is useful. Flavor Leaf on day 3... look, no experience, but I just don't see it happening if you know what I mean.
One of the best methods I have of reading people stems from how they react to my play -- it's how I used to interpret your alignment. Questions I would ask myself: Is he displaying a reasonable level of paranoia? Can I sense he is curious and also uncertain about my role? Or is he taking the easy route and just lumping me in as town without question or simply choosing to scumread me without curiosity about my alignment? I often see scum unwilling or unable to fake a nuanced read on my alignment.

My take on Stefan is he always kinda comes across as an antsy goober who gets worked up over weird or seemingly trivial things. I like that when he became more informed about me from others speaking up, he was willing to back off and explore other options, and it seems like his push on me again now stems from genuine paranoia about not being able to read me -- to the point that paranoia has overridden everyone telling him to chill out about me. Some players end up doing silly things because of paranoia and to me it feels like Stefan doesn't know my alignment. If he was scum, I think he'd be more willing to accept the group wisdom and leave me alone for a while.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So having mulled it over some more I’m going to let my Implosion read be in Null right now. Still some things I want to re-look over when I have more time.

My read on the Erika slot hasn’t changed. The backtrack and handling of having almost overwhelming suspicion of me yet abdicating any need to act on it FMPOV smells rotten. And no amount of “replacement halo” is likely to change my gut. If you have questions about that ask.

And everyone needs to not be overlooking Saud who has basically active-lurked out after several people gave him strong Town reads for being … him I guess. Nothing in that ISO says Town to me (yeah - pre-emptive I don’t give two craps about Tone reading … it is a highly overrated Mafia skill IMO).

Cult has moved into Null for me … too little content this stage to continue giving him a Town read.

Prism I still want to see more from outside of jousting with Cheet. I understand you are scum reading Cheet and Implosion and Town reading Gamma. Any other reads outside of those Prism would be very helpful.

--
In post 534, Hoopla wrote:I'd probably vote Erika at this point, but I'll wait for the replacement
Don’ tease me like this Hoopla … not nice.

--
In post 562, implosion wrote:Two, and more importantly, like I said it doesn't remind me of town magna in a way that I think Magna can't fake. All of my townreads have done things that I think they're unlikely to fake as scum. Honestly thinking about it in this light is making me lean slightly town on him, but it's similar to my townlean on Grey in that he's certainly capable of faking what he's done so far, it's just somewhat more likely to come from town. But like, it's a mixed bag? I'm pretty sure Magna uses the same kind of logic as scum, i.e. that these things aren't tells for him. It might be that he only does these things as town but that would be pretty one-dimensional of a meta to have for an established player.
Honest question Implosion – aside from really weak players are there any players who can’t fake things they do as Town as scum?

--
In post 577, GreyICE wrote:(I'm actually really sad MOI didn't pick up on any of this, this is normally his jam)

I've been watching StephanB since this post. It's a lame entry, but worse than that is the apology. Like he read the medium-length post, realized it was a lame entry to the thread, didn't really want to post more, but felt guilty over that. That's not a behavior I associate with town. It's not a perfect scumtell (bad news, those don't exist) but it makes me notice a person. Now what really started to get to me was this:
I get what you are saying here if you are off-hand referencing the Buffy game where I rang up your Newb partner on his first post of the game and then after I pushed through his lynch and then lynched SK whats-his-bucket you and Camn killed me off and led the rest of the Town around like lost puppies.

VOTE: StefanB

I’ll sheep you for the moment as I get re-engaged since there are no Erika votes to help build into a wagon. Also because to some degree Stefan has pussy-footed around both Hoopla and I without really committing til this last page. But I do have a question –

Do you think Prism’s entry without the need to excuse a singular Gamma Town read and the general positivitiy is a sign of Town from them?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by implosion »

I'll look at the stephen stuff more closely tonight. But at a glance meh.

Keely townread becomes slightly stronger in past couple pages.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Gamma, why haven't you voted anyone for the last 5 pages?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by GreyICE »

@MOI: Sometimes you replace in and get very strong reads. If anything it's a strong town tell, since if you really haven't read much then you don't know if it's a good read to have, whether you're derailing a townie lynch or putting yourself in the line of fire for a buddy going down or what. Town has none of these concerns, and sometimes you just get a really strong read right away. I remember Divided Germany mafia where I replaced in and had exactly one read worth a fig because I wasn't going to bother to read all 80 pages of day 1 or whatever. It just happens. Speaking of, this is starting to remind me of Divided Germany in more ways than one, you're not being hyper-cheeky with the Buffy reference, are you?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 606, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And everyone needs to not be overlooking Saud who has basically active-lurked out after several people gave him strong Town reads for being … him I guess.

Cult has moved into Null for me … too little content this stage to continue giving him a Town read.
These are both pretty reasonable. I'm not especially concerned about it for Cult because she did something similar in miss list (at least, I remember math complaining about her lurking in later days after iirc a lot of people were calling her town) though that wasn't really a real game for purposes of meta.

Definitely want more from both slots about recent developments. Especially with the vote count in the state that it is now with no big wagons and a ton of small wagons.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Saudade wasn't on site since his post in the thread. I'm thinking that might be an AFK tell, although the content has been... lacking.

On the other hand, COA has to do more than have a few "need to catch up" posts to shake my town read in him.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 608, Hoopla wrote:Gamma, why haven't you voted anyone for the last 5 pages?
because I'm not sure where I want to vote. A lot of the cases I've seen sound pretty good.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Pick one. We're halfway through D1. It's criminal to not be voting now.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 609, GreyICE wrote:Speaking of, this is starting to remind me of Divided Germany in more ways than one, you're not being hyper-cheeky with the Buffy reference, are you?
Well I have zero memory about any game called Divided Germany so ... no. There are games that stick with you but apparently that wasn't one of them. Link me if there is a conclusion I should be drawing.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Kind of baffled that implosion feels good about me not trying right now.
Lol.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Erika Furudo
I actually think MOI might have a point here and find it strange he isn't pushing it more
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I have no intention of voting someone who was clearly just not caring about the game at the end and is currently being replaced. Bad votes all around.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 612, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 608, Hoopla wrote:Gamma, why haven't you voted anyone for the last 5 pages?
because I'm not sure where I want to vote. A lot of the cases I've seen sound pretty good.
Just sheep me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 616, Cheetory6 wrote:Kind of baffled that implosion feels good about me not trying right now.
Lol.

Towniest thing I’ve seen cheetory say in a while.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

You are scum, aren't you?

Jeez.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, $20 bet, MOI, Flavor Leaf, StefanB. That's my money, that's where it's at.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by GreyICE »

@Cheetory, Hiraki, Implosion, Gamma: Which way do you want to go? You're the players I think are doing the best and the overall strongest, and I'd like to work with you. I think lynching MOI is negative EV for today (as my wife would say), because even if I think there's a 60% chance he's scum, the scum will STILL end up shooting him if we're wrong.

@Hoopla: You should sheep whatever we decide. Not lynching you is the only positive EV you have with the way you play day 1s. I think you're town because of voodoo, but even that's a weak read, and Stefan complaining why he's being wagoned while you get a pass is scumplaining, but also you look like an easy target because you are playing like an easy target.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 534, Hoopla wrote:
VOTE: CultofAthena

Also fine with lynching Hiraki, Prism, Stefan, Erika, though probably not Cheetory since a lot of his reads are lining up with how I'm viewing the game, and he was very willing to help out ol' Hoopla with a Flavor vote when I put out the request. Makes me think he'll be easy to boss around later, which is good for me, both from a game PoV and a fun PoV.
Hoopla, when did Flavor vanish from this list?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”