Micro 798 - Splatoon Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vartsun
Vartsun
Goon
Vartsun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Vartsun »

In post 38, Human Sequencer wrote:i look at these wall posts and my eyes roll back into my skull
...It's a posting style of mine. I
bold
underline
, and
italicize
so walls aren't such a big problem. It gives me organization and emphasizes my points; while being directed to others.

Plus, many of my responses aren't very long. Having multiple smaller posts seem pointless to me that often. If it's bothering you, I'll put spoilers.
In post 38, Human Sequencer wrote:
Vartsun(taly) wrote:Not even 40 posts and we have a dichotomy. :D You say doomfeathers is town, but you're looking at a reality where he flips scum, and are already placing 2 potential partners here.
i thought i was pretty fuckin straightforward in my post
i said i think he's town
i said if he flips scum (this other thing) is worth considering
(this other thing) is the kind of thing i might forget or not pick up on again whilst rereading the thread in a reality where doom flips scum if i didn't make note of it in post form
so i made note of it in post form
Bleh, associatives may be a bit early, in my opinion.

You thoughts were very clear, and I think notes are useful. I just wasn't sure why you'd make a read but entertain an alternative possibility for partners.
In post 38, Human Sequencer wrote:vartsun vote isn't particularly serious

if i had more to say about i would have said it
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler: Replies to Ausuka
In post 45, Ausuka wrote:
In post 37, Vartsun wrote:
In post 28, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, Vartsun wrote:
In post 25, Ausuka wrote:lycanfire wagon is meh, nothing AI.
your hydra might be scum though.
VOTE: Vartsun
Because...?
gut? it feels like you're trying to look protown by asking a range of questions that lead to nothing.
I disagree with this assessment; both the reasoning and the approach behind it.

1)
My questions and responses always have a purpose behind them, it's of course, to game solve and get people's ideas and discussion put forth.
I mean, sure, I could see your posts coming from a townie who's really enthusiastic about activity and voting. But the fact that you were responding and talking about so much stuff, even things like HS not bothering to respond to a RVS wagon and Mylo's lack of rvs vote, which are just completely null actions, makes you think you're more likely scum, trying to gather townreads by being active and protown, than anyone else in the playerlist.
So, asking people why they're reacting the way they are, and trying to understand their perspective, is anti-town?

The whole basis of your scumlean on me, I'm getting, is that I'm actually pushing for discussion and for some reason working to gamesolve is antitown?

Can you look at the activity of this playerlist? We haven't gotten very far in 3 days.
2)
I'm asking again, what are your thoughts on the votes on
Lycanfire
?
I've told you once, and I'll tell you again; Lycanfire has done nothing indicative of alignment, and I don't care about the votes on him.
In post 37, Vartsun wrote: You seem pretty content to put
me/Varsoon
at L-2 off gut.
Yeah, that's true. I am very willing to do so. I'm not sure how this is relevant to anything though.
1)
Lycanfire has posted since then though, I was also asking why you wouldn't engage with him.
2)
Because I don't find much town-motivation behind your vote. You hopped on the
Varsoon/Taly
wagon while putting us to L-2, and your case so far has almost completely revolved around this hydra actually engaging with the game.

You also put
Human Sequencer
at L-2 because... I'm guessing
Lycanfire
didn't get enough traction? There's little explanation behind your reasons and thoughts other than
"this is good for town"
or
"this is being too towny"

Your attempts to respond to us seems like they're meant to discredit or shut us down, and you're not looking at other people's posting at the moment.
In post 37, Vartsun wrote: I don't like that you dodged my question by saying this hydra could be scum, and throwing a vote without gauging to understand or question first.
What question did I dodge? I said that Lycanfire is null, and I said that you are now a scumlean. That is answering your questions. And I am trying to understand, I just didn't ask a ton of questions upfront, I decided to start a push instead, since it's page 2 and nothing had really happened up to that point. Besides, what could you have said if I asked questions? You couldn't have disproven the notion that your motivation was to look pro-town, nor could you have answered to gut.
So, you're making a case on your scumread solely because you think we can't adequately respond to it?

You're painting the point of me asking questions and talking to others as scum-motivated but you're deflecting the reasons why I'm asking them. I want people's thoughts on the gamestate, there's multiple things that have happened that should be brought up.

1)
Doomfeathers agreed with your reasoning, and provided reads. What do you think of him?
2)
Mylo
voted
Brassherald
and now
Brassherald
is voting
Mylo
. Do you have an opinion there?
3)
HumanSequencer's
been one of the higher posters, do you have something to say or ask him?

I just think that you're push so far has come across as narrow, and I don't get the point behind it.

Also, if
Lycanfire
is null, what's preventing you from talking to them?

brassherald wrote:VOTE: Mylo

I decided to count on my own, and I'm sure this is neither hammer nor L-1. I was phone posting earlier and the Ausuka v. Vorpal Blade hydra is still "meh" to me.
Umm.... This is not a hydra of
Vorpal
and
Blade
?
((I think I know who you're mentioning here?))

This is a hydra of
Taly and Varsoon

Also, is
Mylo's
vote on you the only thing that's warranting a vote on him?

~ Taly
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:15 am

Post by brassherald »

No, I explained in I dislike his hedging of a townlean with "I think I have a townlean" it reads like he's leaving himself flexible enough to lynch anyone, including the person he is supposedly townleaning. Idgaf if he's voting me.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Current assessment of gamestate: Far too much fight and too little think.
In post 32, Voyc wrote:
In post 30, doomfeathers wrote:Ausuka leans town too.
Why do you think so?
Call it gut. She looks as though she's genuinely hunting.
In post 34, Human Sequencer wrote:doomfeathers' reads on mylo and me feel like they were born from genuine confusion and mystique about the game state
Where did I look confused? ',:|
In post 37, Vartsun wrote:Talk to me about
Human Sequencer
He's managed to get all the way up to "null" with his hunting, which is higher than a lot of others so far.
Plus, how is
Ausuka
town in your eyes?
Lots of vote-switching and gun-pointing.
In post 34, Human Sequencer wrote:doomfeathers' reads on mylo and me feel like they were born from genuine confusion and mystique about the game state and his desire to move the game state forward scream town to me. I don't think it's being faked (it's possible, but I doubt it)

it's north mentioning that out of the players not participating too much in the thread at that point (hs, mylo, voyc, brassherald, lycanfire) he specifically mentions hs and mylo as suspicious and says that voyc needs more attention without commenting on the other two at all
so oh the odd chance doom flips scum i think lycanfire and brass herald are a good place to look for second

is pretty questionable
I'd like for you to participate a little more in the rest of the thread voyc
Not even 40 posts and we have a dichotomy. :D You say
doomfeathers
is town, but you're looking at a reality where he flips scum, and are already placing 2 potential partners here.
There's no dichotomy. I'm not conftown; being prepared is a good idea. I do the same thing.
2)
Lycanfire
?
I've told you once, and I'll tell you again; Lycanfire has done nothing indicative of alignment, and I don't care about the votes on him.
Huh. If Ausuka or Lycanfire flips scum, we might wish to investigate the other.

Wow. There is definitely a chance Ausuka's case on Vartsun is contrived; I think it's pretty poor. But I still think she's a diversion from the real scum.
In post 46, Myloninja13 wrote:I think I'm town leaning Ausuka basically just off her calm nature in a line of suspicion. Few players do that, and much less scum players do that.
Where "calm" means "flying into a rage and throwing things".
In post 49, brassherald wrote:I was phone posting earlier and the Ausuka v. Vorpal Blade hydra is still "meh" to me.
+townpoints here.

Is anyone interested in wagoning Voyc? Several people have mentioned that she's scummy. (I still prefer Lycanfire, but I can't do much by myself.)
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 52, doomfeathers wrote: Is anyone interested in wagoning Voyc? Several people have mentioned that she's scummy. (I still prefer Lycanfire, but I can't do much by myself.)
My first reaction was "Who?" then I reread the thread and she has one post so my reaction is therefore "Why?"
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 am

Post by doomfeathers »

In post 53, brassherald wrote:
In post 52, doomfeathers wrote: Is anyone interested in wagoning Voyc? Several people have mentioned that she's scummy. (I still prefer Lycanfire, but I can't do much by myself.)
My first reaction was "Who?" then I reread the thread and she has one post so my reaction is therefore "Why?"
Two posts, actually, and that's the reason. This is the third day IRL; she should have been able to post more than that. However, she does appear to be trying to do something when she does post, unlike Lycanfire, who is apparently just messing around. Also, she's pretty new, and Lycanfire's not so much.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:33 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Seriously, look at this. Lycanfire's been around; he was early this morning. Here's all he's posted:
In post 9, Lycanfire wrote:VOTE: Vartsun

You're a kid now, you're a squid now
In post 19, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 17, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 14, Vartsun wrote:Join the
Mylo
vote and you won't think everyone is so weird? ;)
Why?
Taly is a fan of mislynching and losing. You might think they're joking. They're serious about this.
In post 33, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 24, Vartsun wrote:Who is this? XD I'm pretty serious about getting worthwhile discussion going.
I feel like after correctly identifying Varsoon as a killing role day 1 of Darkest Dungeon
and basically having to run the scumteam up until he vigged me on night 3, you shouldn't have to ask who I am if Varsoon thought sorting me early was at all a consideration today.

What kinds if discussion do you want to have?
He's not helping anything; in fact, he seems confused by the suggestion that we need discussion. My gut says he's scum.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:36 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 55, doomfeathers wrote:Seriously, look at this. Lycanfire's been around; he was early this morning. Here's all he's posted:
In post 9, Lycanfire wrote:VOTE: Vartsun

You're a kid now, you're a squid now
In post 19, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 17, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 14, Vartsun wrote:Join the
Mylo
vote and you won't think everyone is so weird? ;)
Why?
Taly is a fan of mislynching and losing. You might think they're joking. They're serious about this.
In post 33, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 24, Vartsun wrote:Who is this? XD I'm pretty serious about getting worthwhile discussion going.
I feel like after correctly identifying Varsoon as a killing role day 1 of Darkest Dungeon
and basically having to run the scumteam up until he vigged me on night 3, you shouldn't have to ask who I am if Varsoon thought sorting me early was at all a consideration today.

What kinds if discussion do you want to have?
He's not helping anything; in fact, he seems confused by the suggestion that we need discussion. My gut says he's scum.
Hmmm.... I'm going to pull a Mathdino and look into meta for a bit. Will report back.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:45 am

Post by brassherald »

Meta reads indicate, well, nothing. It seems he shitposts a bit as either alignment and then posts one big post where he starts to do actual work a few days later.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:45 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 57, brassherald wrote:Meta reads indicate, well, nothing. It seems he shitposts a bit as either alignment and then posts one big post where he starts to do actual work a few days later.
I guess the more accurate thing to say would be current posting patterns look NAI to me after reading his meta.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:51 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Forgive me if I don't want to stop wagoning him just because his play looks scummy at other times as well. :P
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 59, doomfeathers wrote:Forgive me if I don't want to stop wagoning him just because his play looks scummy at other times as well. :P
No problem, you do you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

Spoiler: I'm putting my responses to Vartsun in spoilers because the quotewall is probably tedious to scroll through
In post 50, Vartsun wrote:
In post 28, Ausuka wrote:
In post 27, Vartsun wrote:
In post 25, Ausuka wrote:lycanfire wagon is meh, nothing AI.
your hydra might be scum though.
VOTE: Vartsun
Because...?
gut? it feels like you're trying to look protown by asking a range of questions that lead to nothing.
I disagree with this assessment; both the reasoning and the approach behind it.

1)
My questions and responses always have a purpose behind them, it's of course, to game solve and get people's ideas and discussion put forth.
I mean, sure, I could see your posts coming from a townie who's really enthusiastic about activity and voting. But the fact that you were responding and talking about so much stuff, even things like HS not bothering to respond to a RVS wagon and Mylo's lack of rvs vote, which are just completely null actions, makes you think you're more likely scum, trying to gather townreads by being active and protown, than anyone else in the playerlist.
So, asking people why they're reacting the way they are, and trying to understand their perspective, is anti-town?
that's not what I said- anti-town play doesn't come into this, and scum don't strictly play antitown.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: The whole basis of your scumlean on me, I'm getting, is that I'm actually pushing for discussion and for some reason working to gamesolve is antitown?
No. After one page of RVS, I had a weak read because I felt like the aim was more to play pro-town than be pro-town. I had this one weak scumread on post 25. You and Varsoon promptly decided to try and crucify me for this, saying that I was trying to push through a lynch on PAGE 2 (and if you can link me to a game where scum have the goal of getting a quicklynch on PAGE 2, I would appreciate that, because that has NEVER occured to me or any of my partners whenever I have played a scumgame, nor have I ever seen scum try to do that when I'm playing town) and also saying that since I happened to put someone at L-2, that means I was hoping for a lynch. At first I wanted to give your slot the benefit of the doubt, thinking that this was just your way of starting off the game and sorting people, and I could understand 100% if that was it, but Varsoon's refusal to talk to me makes me think that this is not true at all; you're not trying to sort me, you're just trying to push me here.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: Can you look at the activity of this playerlist? We haven't gotten very far in 3 days.
Yeah, that's pretty true. When the players show up to play, they'll show up; we've still got most of the day left. If inactivity continues until the end of the day, that might be a problem, but even if it is that's a problem that can only really be solved by those players choosing to contribute more.
2)
Lycanfire
?
In post 37, Vartsun wrote: You seem pretty content to put
me/Varsoon
at L-2 off gut.
Yeah, that's true. I am very willing to do so. I'm not sure how this is relevant to anything though.
1)
Lycanfire has posted since then though, I was also asking why you wouldn't engage with him.
What is there to engage with? He hasn't posted anything of note.
2)
Because I don't find much town-motivation behind your vote. You hopped on the
Varsoon/Taly
wagon while putting us to L-2, and your case so far has almost completely revolved around this hydra actually engaging with the game.
I don't see how putting you at L-2 matters at all. And if you expected me to have good reads on page 25, well, I'm sorry but I'm going to disappoint you there. Also that's completely misrepresenting what I said; trying to look pro-town =/= being protown.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: You also put
Human Sequencer
at L-2 because... I'm guessing
Lycanfire
didn't get enough traction?
Yes.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: There's little explanation behind your reasons and thoughts other than
"this is good for town"
or
"this is being too towny"
The first one is a completely acceptable approach to RVS and the second one is completely misrepping what I said.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: Your attempts to respond to us seems like they're meant to discredit or shut us down
You jumped out of the gate attacking me for a weak read I made at the start of the game. If scumreading someone is discrediting them, then yeah, I'm discrediting you. If pushing back against someone's attack is "shutting you down" then I guess I'm doing that.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: and you're not looking at other people's posting at the moment.
I am reading every post. If there's something I want to say about a post, I will say what I want to say. If I don't say anything, that's because I don't see anything worth seeing.
In post 37, Vartsun wrote: I don't like that you dodged my question by saying this hydra could be scum, and throwing a vote without gauging to understand or question first.
What question did I dodge? I said that Lycanfire is null, and I said that you are now a scumlean. That is answering your questions. And I am trying to understand, I just didn't ask a ton of questions upfront, I decided to start a push instead, since it's page 2 and nothing had really happened up to that point. Besides, what could you have said if I asked questions? You couldn't have disproven the notion that your motivation was to look pro-town, nor could you have answered to gut.
So, you're making a case on your scumread solely because you think we can't adequately respond to it?
... What? I don't even understand what you're saying here. I didn't make a case on my minor scumread on page 25 because I didn't want to lynch you and I didn't think you could respond to it, because it wasn't really a scumread of a logical nature, just what your posting felt like to me.
1)
Doomfeathers agreed with your reasoning, and provided reads. What do you think of him?
post 22 is null. Either alignment could easily make it and there's no reason to believe it's one alignment rather than the other. post 29 is the same way; there's nothing towny or scummy to comment on.
2)
Mylo
voted
Brassherald
and now
Brassherald
is voting
Mylo
. Do you have an opinion there?
No; Mylo's post was basically plain pushing on activity, and I don't think scum!brass would view it as threatening enough to require an OMGUS vote. post 51 could be true, and I guess mylo is somewhat scummy, but meh.
3)
HumanSequencer's
been one of the higher posters, do you have something to say or ask him?
No.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: I just think that you're push so far has come across as narrow, and I don't get the point behind it.
It was page 1 and I had no real reads, so I looked at the thread, thought "hey, I guess these posts feel like they're trying to get townreads" and I decided to start voting you for that, to see what would happen. However, I feel like many of the reasons for calling me scum brought up by your hydra feel fabricated.
In post 50, Vartsun wrote: Also, if
Lycanfire
is null, what's preventing you from talking to them?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Nothing's preventing me from talking to them; I just don't see what the point is in doing so. If they're town, they will start talking about stuff that is AI, and from that I can read them.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 52, doomfeathers wrote: Wow. There is definitely a chance Ausuka's case on Vartsun is contrived; I think it's pretty poor.
i mean sure, if you want to focus on a read I made on post 25 before anything actually happened, go ahead.
In post 52, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 46, Myloninja13 wrote:I think I'm town leaning Ausuka basically just off her calm nature in a line of suspicion. Few players do that, and much less scum players do that.
Where "calm" means "flying into a rage and throwing things".
This never happened at all and I'd very much appreciate it if you stopped trying to discredit me like this :)
In post 52, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 49, brassherald wrote:I was phone posting earlier and the Ausuka v. Vorpal Blade hydra is still "meh" to me.
+townpoints here.
Why do you call him towny for this?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

In post 52, doomfeathers wrote:Current assessment of gamestate: Far too much fight and too little think.
yeah this

vartsun vs. ausuka makes me snooze
i have nfi how to read taly and i don't think varsoon has posted anything particularly difficult for him to fake so I'm not sure what to make of him either
dunno about ausuka, a little scummy but I'd like to see broader interaction

ausuka

would you be interested in starting a voyc wagon? why/why not?

voyc

brassherald's push on mylo feels genuine and towny but i don't rly agree with it
don't think it's faked

mylo if you don't post more you're next, after voyc
we really need to get this game into get guys
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:05 am

i fucked up
vote voyc
nah
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

I would not be interested in starting a Voyc wagon. This is still early-game, and not having contributed much so far definitely doesn't make her scum. If she's still barely posted anything towards the end of the day, she'd be a better wagon, but right now it's just meh to me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 29, doomfeathers wrote:He's doing little and hasn't really posted anything relevant to the game.
I mean, you could have said that about a lot of people at that stage, so I don't really get why you were making an announcement about liking your RVS vote ten posts after you made it.

--
In post 29, doomfeathers wrote:We're barely out of RVS. Is there any real danger of being lynched?
I don't think so, not particularly. I do, however, think that scum would be cognizant of a decent-sized wagon on them that early and, like, care about it and that therefore there'd be some indication that they at least noticed the wagon, and there wasn't from him.

--
In post 31, Myloninja13 wrote:I'm liking everyone a bit so far, although particularly doomfeathers and vartsun for actually sticking out and asking questions.

VOTE: Brassherald because he's only made one post so far. If I could double vote, this would also go to Voyc.
I mean, you only had the one post at the time you made this one, so this feels kinda low-hanging-fruit-y from you?

Why'd you pick brass over voyc?

--
I don't really know if I'd describe her response to vartsun as being calm? I'm definitely getting a vibe of frustration from her posts.

I kinda think that what it at least partially stems from is that vartsun and ausuka having different playstyles wrt RVS; vartsun seems to want to ask a lot of questions to find something interesting to poke at, and ausuka seems to just want to wagon someone and see if anything interesting comes out of doing so.

Next page in another post.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:07 am

im fairly sure lycanfire will come around and start posting alignment indicative content eventually
mylo/voyc/whoever tfw else isn't posting (I'm lazy) I'm not as confident in
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 am

In post 65, Ausuka wrote:I would not be interested in starting a Voyc wagon. This is still early-game, and not having contributed much so far definitely doesn't make her scum. If she's still barely posted anything towards the end of the day, she'd be a better wagon, but right now it's just meh to me.
this is really bad
i take it back let's not do a voyc wagon
vote ausuka

this gels really poorly with your comments earlier about rvs wagons being good

like I can see a perspective for each side, "early pressure wagons are good because they generate informational and propel the gamestate forward" and "there's no point voting x because they haven't done anything scummy and there's still plenty of time left"
which makes me think you're haphazardly throwing fake perspectives around as you wish to fit what you need at that particular time
nah
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 68, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 65, Ausuka wrote:I would not be interested in starting a Voyc wagon. This is still early-game, and not having contributed much so far definitely doesn't make her scum. If she's still barely posted anything towards the end of the day, she'd be a better wagon, but right now it's just meh to me.
this is really bad
i take it back let's not do a voyc wagon
vote ausuka

this gels really poorly with your comments earlier about rvs wagons being good

like I can see a perspective for each side, "early pressure wagons are good because they generate informational and propel the gamestate forward" and "there's no point voting x because they haven't done anything scummy and there's still plenty of time left"
which makes me think you're haphazardly throwing fake perspectives around as you wish to fit what you need at that particular time
Wagons for no/little reason are good in RVS, when there's nothing AI to go on. Right now, this game absolutely does not fit that description, and there's not much point in wagoning a lurker right now IMO.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:17 am

Post by brassherald »

I did a Voyc search of meta. There's not much, and I do not see a single Scum game from her, but the activity so far does not fit her town meta. I'll throw her into my very early lynch pool.

In fact, even though Mylo is still in there for reasons above. Doom still seems town, so I'll join him on this one.

VOTE: Voyc

From what I can tell, by the way, town Voyc is very talkative and helpful. Again, I do not know what scum Voyc does from her meta.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

that's actually a good point, this isn't anything like her towngame. that makes this wagon a lot better.
VOTE: Voyc
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:25 am

Post by brassherald »

How many votes is that?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 72, brassherald wrote:How many votes is that?
Actually, strike that.

@Mod Can we have a vote count, oh merciful overlord?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 51, brassherald wrote:No, I explained in I dislike his hedging of a townlean with "I think I have a townlean" it reads like he's leaving himself flexible enough to lynch anyone, including the person he is supposedly townleaning. Idgaf if he's voting me.
I don't really view this phrasing as hedging; I've definitely phrased reads like that in the past.
In post 52, doomfeathers wrote:Huh. If Ausuka or Lycanfire flips scum, we might wish to investigate the other.
Yeah, I was thinking this too, but she showed similar hesitancy wrt voting mylo in so idk if this is particularly partner-indicative.
In post 52, doomfeathers wrote:Wow. There is definitely a chance Ausuka's case on Vartsun is contrived; I think it's pretty poor. But I still think she's a diversion from the real scum.
Kinda feel the same way. Like I don't really agree with ausuka's case on vartsun but like I kinda get where she's coming from, and like, everything she's saying is internally consistent. Like I said earlier, I think their spat at least partially stems from a difference in how they approach rvs. Also I kinda feel like the strength of vartsun's push doesn't really match what ausuka did? Like:
In post 36, Vartsun wrote:DING DING DING
It's scum.
feels kinda overconfidant to me there.

I actually really like .

--
In post 57, brassherald wrote:Meta reads indicate, well, nothing. It seems he shitposts a bit as either alignment and then posts one big post where he starts to do actual work a few days later.
Getting townpings from this. Idk if scum goes and checks someone's meta on whether or not they shitpost in RVS; I feel like they'd just hop on the lycan wagon doom is pushing.

--
In post 68, Human Sequencer wrote:this gels really poorly with your comments earlier about rvs wagons being good
I think what she's saying is that RVS wagons are good, cuz they propel the game forward by getting reactions, but wagoning someone who has proved they aren't really here like doesn't actually accomplish anything when there's other things that could be pushed.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”