Centipede Syndrome
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Centipede Syndrome »

In post 1419, Toranaga wrote:I don't. just find it incredibly superficial posting when it's unlike you.
it's really not. i don't feel like going to find towngames where i make posts like this, but from Ether's normal alone i'd think you should know better about what a lazy post looks like.
Pray, which leg moves after which?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1421, Gorkington wrote:chara has to give the illusion of centipede seeming town before they drop their guilty on town and have to deal with the aftermath tomorrow.
(;
it feels that way. I'm just bothered with the stupid theatrics and wish I didn't sign up for this at all. elli can either play mafia or get lynched as far as I'm concerned, but I know it won't be a thing this gameday.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1421, Gorkington wrote:chara has to give the illusion of centipede seeming town before they drop their guilty on town and have to deal with the aftermath tomorrow.
(;
Eh, sorry, centipede is like a 90-95% town read. Think about it, you have a hydra chat. Your buddy, an extremely experienced player who you respect a lot drops a cool read, but he's only half explained it and has to run. You're convinced you can't explain it as well as he can, it's too cool not to mention, but if you post it you'll wreck their awesome reveal.

I understand WHY he's doing this, I just don't think it's the right move.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Centipede Syndrome
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Centipede Syndrome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 am

Post by Centipede Syndrome »

look, if you're fed up with Elli's theatrics, don't lecture
me
about it.
Pray, which leg moves after which?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 1427, GreyICE wrote:
(;
Eh, sorry, centipede is like a 90-95% town read. Think about it, you have a hydra chat. Your buddy, an extremely experienced player who you respect a lot drops a cool read, but he's only half explained it and has to run. You're convinced you can't explain it as well as he can, it's too cool not to mention, but if you post it you'll wreck their awesome reveal.

I understand WHY he's doing this, I just don't think it's the right move.
its not like chara has no idea what happened in team mafia
trash
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1358, Hopkirk wrote:-Good wagon building involves actually pushing the wagon/me. You've been voteparking without generating content that makes a wagon form.
-On 1136: given my vote justification is very clearly 'you aren't contributing anything new', it's pretty obvious my problem with you only given reads when directly asked is that it's an example of you not contributing anything new. The 'case' is that you've been reactive and done nothing proactive (as of it).
-Your brand of unoriginality is worse because a.) as you've said, yeah because you're on me. That makes it stand out more to me, and b.) nothing you've said has sparked me as having town POV/thought process.
1. And yet you agree a wagon energy is building on you. So...
2. Being reactive and not offering new things are two different issues entirely, and you're basically trying to kind of claim both now. I disagree, there are many points I instigated, and also many new ideas I have presented.
3. I'm sorry you're scum and being reactive and scummy or are town with a very strange and narrow view of the game.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:54 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1428, Centipede Syndrome wrote:look, if you're fed up with Elli's theatrics, don't lecture
me
about it.
I'm a non participant. I don't care about any reads until they're in the thread, I don't care about reveals, I'll try to lynch whoever I scumread regardless. elli is trolling and you're kinda wolfy, so I don't mind getting you lynched instead of tchill or whatever.

growing a SR on cheeky the more she posts. the only towny thing she did was literal AtE. she is pretending to be solving so far.
Brigand Vvulf
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Brigand Vvulf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Brigand Vvulf »

it looks like screenplay is not gaining any traction so

VOTE: nero

a couple of his recent posts rubbed me the wrong way
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:55 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1428, Centipede Syndrome wrote:look, if you're fed up with Elli's theatrics, don't lecture
me
about it.
It's against the site rules to PM him, so all I can do is give my best disapproving look from the thread.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

-_-' not in the mood Tor.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1434, CheekyTeeky wrote:-_-' not in the mood Tor.
me neither. I'm not gonna push you.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Toranaga »

you're scummy though

whatever, I'm out
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1430, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1358, Hopkirk wrote:-Good wagon building involves actually pushing the wagon/me. You've been voteparking without generating content that makes a wagon form.
-On 1136: given my vote justification is very clearly 'you aren't contributing anything new', it's pretty obvious my problem with you only given reads when directly asked is that it's an example of you not contributing anything new. The 'case' is that you've been reactive and done nothing proactive (as of it).
-Your brand of unoriginality is worse because a.) as you've said, yeah because you're on me. That makes it stand out more to me, and b.) nothing you've said has sparked me as having town POV/thought process.
2. Being reactive and not offering new things are two different issues entirely, and you're basically trying to kind of claim both now. I disagree, there are many points I instigated, and also many new ideas I have presented.
3. I'm sorry you're scum and being reactive and scummy or are town with a very strange and narrow view of the game.
-Wagon energy is building on me because assorted (mostly scummy) people are saying they don't like me but not voting me. You aren't doing anything to push it. Like I said, it feels like you're waiting and hoping it builds from the undercurrent.
-I was claiming you did both from the start. As of the iso i did, you had next to noghting new.
-If you think I'm reactive you aren't reading me. Especially when you're trying to say you aren't. Although people generally find how I look at stuff strange and you might want to do some meta sometime if your problem is with my thinking style.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1432, Brigand Vvulf wrote:it looks like screenplay is not gaining any traction so

VOTE: nero

a couple of his recent posts rubbed me the wrong way
Look, you're town, so I'm going to let you in on the sad thing about these large games. It takes 11 to lynch. There's probably 5 scum, leaving 16 townies. That means if six townies decide to play The Lone Ranger and go off on their own, we would be unable to lynch anyone the scum didn't want us to lynch. In point of fact,
even if the person you are voting is scum
this is true - with 5 scum, there's enough we could split our vote between scumbags and still not get anywhere.

In short, Lone Ranger votes like these rarely accomplish something, even if they happen to land on scum. So try to sell us, or try to work with us. Nero's posts legit aren't great, but something like this isn't really going to sell us. It's a weak vote, that puts no pressure on Nero (because he needs 10 more to get lynched) and doesn't really even have bullet points for him to address (and potentially make himself look scummy). It's effectively a non-post due to game size.

If this was a micro things like this can work, because there's so few people that just putting a vote out there is important, but in a game like this you aren't even 10% of a lynch wagon. So please, lets work together.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1362, Quick wrote: given the nature of Thor's push, I would say it's pretty NAI.
Why is that?
In post 1360, GreyICE wrote:
In post 1352, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1349, GreyICE wrote:As they say, NAI. You pissed him off, he got pissed off. That's genuine. It's also not alignment indicative.
You don't think that him getting legit pissed about me mocking the entire concept of his town game as performed here is alignment indicative?
Why would he get legit pissed if he was scum?
1) I wish you'd respond to the entire post, this chopping posts to bits and responding to a small part makes me not want to talk to you
2) Yes, responding angrily to mockery is NAI. It should not be hard to figure out why.
1. The rest of your post was you saying you generically scum read the slot (clearly I do also - so...what, was I supposed to just say that?)and then saying what you would do if you had a Vig on the slot (which was really just a way of restating that you generically scum read him). What conversation/feedback were you looking for on those points?

2. You don't think the nature of what is being mocked can effect the honesty of the reply? I know when people say 'Thor you're better than this' when I'm playing scum my internal response is 'yeah, but I'm scum' not 'damn you for questioning my town game!' Now, in public I try to react the same - but that's the point, yeah? One is honest and one is flim flam.
In post 1359, Quick wrote:@Thor, Why was Gork Town for that post?
Which post?

I'm putting him in town for an ongoing series of posts that feel both honest and town minded.

@Toranaga - I asked you a question about Srceenplay, would still like you to field it.

@Srceenplay - I asked you to showcase the deep scumhunting you do. Please help me learn your scumhunting skills by explaining what you see on Quick a bit, I'm stuck on the surface.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1437, Hopkirk wrote:-Wagon energy is building on me because assorted (mostly scummy) people are saying they don't like me but not voting me.
I think the operating definition of "scummy" is "doesn't townread Hopkirk"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1437, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1430, Thor665 wrote:
-Wagon energy is building on me because assorted (mostly scummy) people are saying they don't like me but not voting me. You aren't doing anything to push it. Like I said, it feels like you're waiting and hoping it builds from the undercurrent.
-I was claiming you did both from the start. As of the iso i did, you had next to noghting new.
-If you think I'm reactive you aren't reading me. Especially when you're trying to say you aren't. Although people generally find how I look at stuff strange and you might want to do some meta sometime if your problem is with my thinking style.
1. Who are these people specifically?
2. That is provably untrue - from what post did you do the iso and what will you give me to quote a new idea from a post there or before?
3. You are very reactive, you literally just admitted your issue with me was half based on it being about you. If you'd like to call that something other than reactive because you'd like to quibble definitions I'm fine with that. But that's an example of what I mean by reactive.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1439, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1362, Quick wrote: given the nature of Thor's push, I would say it's pretty NAI.
Why is that?
In post 1349, GreyICE wrote:As they say, NAI. You pissed him off, he got pissed off. That's genuine. It's also not alignment indicative.
You don't think that him getting legit pissed about me mocking the entire concept of his town game as performed here is alignment indicative?
1) I wish you'd respond to the entire post, this chopping posts to bits and responding to a small part makes me not want to talk to you
2) Yes, responding angrily to mockery is NAI. It should not be hard to figure out why.
1. The rest of your post was you saying you generically scum read the slot (clearly I do also - so...what, was I supposed to just say that?)and then saying what you would do if you had a Vig on the slot (which was really just a way of restating that you generically scum read him). What conversation/feedback were you looking for on those points?

2. You don't think the nature of what is being mocked can effect the honesty of the reply? I know when people say 'Thor you're better than this' when I'm playing scum my internal response is 'yeah, but I'm scum' not 'damn you for questioning my town game!' Now, in public I try to react the same - but that's the point, yeah? One is honest and one is flim flam.
In post 1359, Quick wrote:@Thor, Why was Gork Town for that post?
Which post?

I'm putting him in town for an ongoing series of posts that feel both honest and town minded.

@Toranaga - I asked you a question about Srceenplay, would still like you to field it.

@Srceenplay - I asked you to showcase the deep scumhunting you do. Please help me learn your scumhunting skills by explaining what you see on Quick a bit, I'm stuck on the surface.
reading screenplay hurts my senses though :/ IDK what to make of him. but I will read and let you know what I think... in a bit.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:12 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 1439, Thor665 wrote:

Yeah, but Thor, I'll be honest. Your scumgame is AWFUL. It's why you're usually reduced to lurking and riding on the Thor reputation before hoping to shoot the town into a good configuration to reach endgame.

Even decent scum players convince themselves they're playing the game exactly like they're playing town. They're not scum, this is their town game. They are posting, saying, and doing exactly what they would as town. Even if it's not true, to play good scum you sell yourself that it is true. For fucks sake, look at how many scum post in the postgame to say "you got lucky, this was exactly how I play as town" even when that's blatantly not true in the slightest. They've sold themselves so well that they believe it.

Can screenplay do this? Yes. Can you do this? I don't think so. You're more like Regfan, you have an internal filter where you try and "think like a townie" then you go "wait I'm not town, so that's impossible" then you post some random stuff you think looks townie, and critique things that are objectively true. But it's not a limitation for everyone, and thus I think screenplay would react with genuine annoyance. He might choose to play it up as a piece of scum theater, but the core of anger would be real.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Toranaga - I just asked a specific question about his most recent interaction with you.
ISO me for it - I don't have a long ISO.

@Grey - I...don't lurk as scum...?
Okay, I get your point now.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1345, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1339, Toranaga wrote:
In post 1335, Gorkington wrote:i dont really understand why youd keep escalating this by referring to him as a potato still.
probably better to just let this go and focus on other things?
it is better to let it go and take the high road, sure. easier said than done when the guy keeps insulting me at every opportunity, no? he is a potato player after all. I'm not even lying...
Two to tango ;)

What do you make of Srceenplay's recent back and forth with me?
He's dancing a beautifully hard to read line between looking like dense town or looking like scum trying to cover his BS with aggro, and I'm having a hard time parsing it.
I'm currently leaning him getting offended as a town tell - do you see the meat there I'm seeing, or do you disagree and think he's bamboozling me?
thor, is this the question? I need to read that interaction before answering anyway.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Toranaga »

as shocking as it may seem, I actually play mafia to have fun.

anyway something came up so I'm gonna be busy or whatever. tchau
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

That is indeed the question.
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am

Post by Mulch »

Toranaga is being replaced and may no longer post.
Amrock#3784
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Gorkington »

uh?
trash

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”